[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roadhog 3.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: 43.95% winrate.jpg (152KB, 1073x526px) Image search: [Google]
43.95% winrate.jpg
152KB, 1073x526px
>just fucking end it lads
>>
>>384104609
>bastion still sees less usage
JUST
>>
File: 1500076837421.png (358KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
1500076837421.png
358KB, 552x543px
>>384104738
>AND still wins more matches than Hog even being off meta
I'm going to puke
>>
>>384104609
If he needed a hook and instant kill combo to win then he was bad by design.
>>
>>384105675
>when the one shot was the only thing protecting your supports from an angry monkey
>bad one shot cheese design got taken out of the game for hog
>yet hanzo still gets rewarded for aiming at feet instead of the head for scatter arrow every 8 seconds, despite being a sniper

I hated Hog a lot pre nerf but they could have at least turned down dmg instead of spread so he can't kill Reaper or Mei with the melee combo. Instead they just outright nerfed him to shit
>>
>>384106484
Yeah that's what I mean. Roadhog is one of those characters that they're either going to be overpowered or useless.

I kind of expected him to still be good since pulling people to you is normally pretty useful and he'd fall in the same Niche as say, Stiches in HoTS, or Pudge in Dota. But that never happened.
>>
>>384104609
>roadhog literally drops off the face of the earth for competitive picks
>retards will still complain about him and try to get him nerfed again
I wonder when people will realize that Roadhog isn't overpowered, and instead it's just shit players complaining about him
>>
You have more 3+ dps comps becoming more common because he can't check them into going something with more hp. With such a huge spread and a huge damage nerf, you can't grab onto the Mercy's anymore, you can't kill Winstons harassing your team. It's not punishing anymore comp wise because there's less risk.

I'm starting to think that this nerf is probably the reason why comp is becoming more of a mess than it already is.
>>
>>384106927
It's more interesting than the "Pussyfoot around until your Roadhog hooks someone then deathball" meta of old.
>>
>>384106675
Honestly does Blizzard not have private testing servers before it hits PTR or something? Because Jesus. H. Christ. Someone should have decided it was spread /or/ damage being nerfed because this was about the stupidest idea I've ever seen them let go live.

Reaper got buffed big. If people keep getting killed with their dps pick by one-shot Hog, they can switch and wipe Hog out now with Reaper with the health steal.

How much thought did they not put in to realize it's a bad idea to nerf one and buff the other without seeing how it played out first? They were going to be balanced on a 1v1 level and Reaper could actually do his intended job as a tankbuster now if Hog was harassing his team.
>>
Is this your first Blizzard game or something? Blizzard don't know how to balance their games so they just take turns cycling power levels. Dive is meta and next who knows triple support will be meta or some shit because Blizzard makes it so. That's literally how they balance their games
>>
>>384107269
I know. But they buffed Reaper and he can easily take him out. (Especially now lol)

Without Hog hookshotting Mercy before rez, everyone is complaining about how annoying it is to play against her ult now. Jeff said in a post on the forums they're thinking of slightly changing it. With how many people play Mercy, he's definitely not going to mess it up like Hog.

People will argue "just kill/find the Mercy first." And while that's reasonable, Hookshotting her from behind whoever she was pocketing during a team fight was probably one of the best methods to guarantee a kill. Even when she tried to pull a clutch rez after hiding you could hook her. Now you have to risk a flank with a Genji or Tracer, both with a third of Roadhog's health and less forgiving if you make a mistake and fail.

The thing is, balance has been thrown so much harder from this change. Pharmercy rules matches with only Widow to solo counter them both alone if there's no Zen/76 instead of hooking the Mercy or Pharah. Mercy is rezzing more. Dive comp just went wild rampant and is the only thing being played at the Contenders no one is watching.

All of that may not be a direct result, but it surely helped to build from his nerf.

They fixed the annoying hook grabs so it breaks around corners, buffed Reaper to take his place as a Tankbuster. Why did they nerf both spread and damage?

I don't even play him, but I already see the value of the hookshot being taken away and what effect it has on matches.

Everyone is complaining about how shitty this game is now and lol I straight up hate it as well because of Blizzard's balance ideas. They should have buffed Reaper first and then decided to nerf Hog.

This patch is the worst. If they change it, they might get people to come back and play but right now people are slowly leaving for other games.
From a business standpoint I think it'd be a better idea. Hog rebuff won't bring everyone back, but if it helps fight dive comp it will.
>>
The problem wasn't the hook-one shot kill. It was that he could hook-one shot kill with a fucking 40m range. The range should have been nerfed to 20m or even 15m.
>>384108546
Blizzard doesn't know how to balance... what a surprise
>>
File: IMG_0090.jpg (92KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0090.jpg
92KB, 425x425px
>People STILL complain about Roadhog's one-shot
>>
>>384104609
>people still play this shit game even when the meta is and always will be garbage
you asked for less of a tank meta and blizzard delivered, hopefully now you'll realize that blizz couldn't balance if their lives depended on it and go play good games instead
>>
>>384108909
>The problem wasn't the hook-one shot kill. It was that he could hook-one shot kill with a fucking 40m range. The range should have been nerfed to 20m or even 15m.

Honestly, yeah.
I guess it was supposed to counter Pharah but with Hook 2.0 being the insta-hook of death. It was used against that and everything else.

I wonder how it would be now with dmg buffed back. Cooldown nerf staying where it is, and the new improved hook 3.0 being more fair.

If they buff him defense wise like one of the devs said on the forums, I'm going to legitimately uninstall. That better be bait
>>
File: 200_s.gif (21KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
21KB, 267x200px
>>384109184
>If they make a tank more like a tank, then I quit.
>>
>>384109471
Yeah I know it's bait though

And Blizzard would have to rework every design of him

And we ALL know how fast and dilligent they are when it comes to that shit

Stop bullying me I really like this game a lot
>>
>>384109471
He's like the least tankiest tank comparing him to the rest, more of a dps than anything because he doesn't protect anyone
>>
>>384109471
he's not a tank though, he's a slow moving ultimate feeder
>>
>>384109590
>>384109669
>>384109981

They could do some things
- Damaging RH doesn't charge your ult.
- give him more HP or dmg resist
He would become a giant blob of damage soaking, something that a fucking tank should be.
>>
File: IMG_1018.jpg (26KB, 191x201px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1018.jpg
26KB, 191x201px
Wow Blizzard being shit at balancing an MMO and an RTS. Who could've guessed they would be even more shit at balancing an FPS.
>>
>>384110031
>Damaging RH doesn't charge your ult.
That wouldn't work because even if you shoot shields you build ult
>give him more HP or dmg resist
If damaging him didn't give ult charge then HP would be amazing and would balance the lack of damage
Dmg resist would just be Armor, and he only wears some pants so I don't know how they'd work that in

Sorry if that sounds like im putting those ideas down, but I'm 90% sure they just said that because they realize what a mistake it was and have no idea what to do next. Besides revert dmg or spread with the new hook changes, I have no idea what they're going to do ngl
>>
>>384110614
>That wouldn't work because even if you shoot shields you build ult

>Heroes gain 1 charge for every 1 point of damage done.
>Damage done to barriers and turrets does not generate ultimate charge.
http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Ultimate_ability
>>
>hooking your target snares their movement speed by 50% for 3 seconds

Is something like that hard? Oh wait I forgot Blizz can only adjust numbers in a half assed manner even though they have a PTR for these kind of things
>>
>>384110725
I mean like Symmetra shields with her shield gen and Zarya's 200hp shield

But yeah I don't know how they'd incorporate a barrier either.

It's so odd, with him being the same for a year the only thing that changed was the hook and that spread buff reduction a while ago.
>>
>>384110932
But yeah I don't know how they'd incorporate a barrier either.

Make himself into a barrier. Rein/Orisa denies ult charge with a barrier, Dva denies charge with defence matrix, since RH doesn't have one, make his entire body into a barrier and treat his heal like a barrier recharge. His hitbox is big enough to protect at least one of most of dps/supports.
>>
>>384111205
Thats wild idk about that but I think it'd be fun
>>
>>384104609
Stop.
Playing.
Shittywatch.

It will never be balanced or good. You're only hurting yourself waiting for it to improve.

Bobby Kotick has your money now and you aren't going to get it back by continuing to play a terrible game.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>384111402
Name a balanced and good game then.
>>
>>384111456
Rock-paper-scissors.
>>
>>384111402
I know, I have stopped

I just want it to be good again
>>
>>384111456
jet set radio, portal, papers please
>>
>>384111675
Haha
>>
File: 3.png (38KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
38KB, 112x112px
>>384111675
>singleplayer games
>balanced
>>
OverStaleWatch?
>>
>>384111456
Paladins
Where all champs have 3 different builds and items that can vary depending on the match.
>>
>>384111814
Are they not though
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Im going to bed lads thank you all for being so nice to me and talking with me about Overwatch
I hope you all have a nice one
>>
>>384112116
No, the entire point of the sp game is that you're expected to win or die repeatedly before winning, based on game difficulty.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.