[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pointless big map

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 25

File: 2017-06-22-10-41-15-.jpg (10KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-22-10-41-15-.jpg
10KB, 310x163px
Filling the map with 900 Korok seeds is the developers admiting that they aren't creative enough to fill the map with cool stuff.
>>
Like how this thread isn't very creative in insulting the devs?
>>
But koroks are cool
>>
>>384099285
I knew /v/ would be assblasted about this game since it was announced but I never expected it to last this fucking long
>>
>>384099285
These threads are so tired. Everyone knows the game sucks or can't be convinced otherwise, there's nothing left to discuss.
>>
File: 1492349095594.jpg (111KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
1492349095594.jpg
111KB, 700x913px
Everytime
>>
>>384099878
this. you either like it or don't. what's the point of convincing people to change their minds?
>>
>>384099710

Nintenbros are still assblasted by The Witcher 3 after 2 years.
>>
>>384100234
Why would they be? If anyone is assblasted about W3 its sonyfags, as it stole their precious GOTY away from muh bloodborne

The butthurt was fucking glorious
>>
>>384100310
Sonyfags love W3 though, where have you been?
>>
>>384100310

Because the game isn't on the WiiU. I can guarantee you that more people here will say they like vanilla Skyrim now that it is coming for the Switch.
>>
>>384100310
W3 is on console

do switch fags migrated from reddit or something ?
>>
>>384100429
>where have you been?
On 4chan when W3 got more GOTYs than bloodborne

>>384100657
The game runs and looks like crap on anything but a high end PC, which I thankfully have
>>
>>384100310
The only one buttexploded is the PCfats, they STILL can't stop talking about Bloodborne, it's hilarious.
>>
>>384100745
Holy fuck how new are you. Bloodbornefags were fucking insane, as well as PS4 fags since they can't claim their only game is the best game ever anymore. I don't even own a switch, I only have a PC
>>
>>384100752
>On 4chan when W3 got more GOTYs than bloodborne
Right, and Sonyfags love W3 too, so...?
>>
its full of stuff my favorite game geek reviewer told me even if it isnt filled with cool stuff its INTENTIONAL
>>
>>384100868
>love W3
They love bloodborne more since its the only exclusive they can tout around, and now a multiplat BTFOed their souls clone. That was glorious
>>
Just a brief snippet of the butthurt

There are much more if you want to dig further
>>
>>384100946
>They love bloodborne more
Ok? Again, Sonyfags love W3 though, Nintenfriends are the only idiots actually assblasted about it anymore.
>>
>>384099285

BotW is basically one huge ass blueprint for the true next step for Zelda. It was nice of them to try and recontextualize Zelda 1's exploration in a modern light but they really undermined the rest of the Zelda formula in the process. They brought the overworld up to speed, now they just need to bring the rest of Zelda with it.
>>
File: FOREVER_ASSBLASTED.jpg (3MB, 1000x5118px) Image search: [Google]
FOREVER_ASSBLASTED.jpg
3MB, 1000x5118px
>>384099285
You'll never get over it.
>>
>>384101193
>only nintendofags are assblasted I swear!!!
>>
>>384101193
wrong, nyggers are.
>>
>>384101318
Fucking this. A modern zelda 1 would be the shit.
>>
>>384101193
>Sonyfags love W3 though
I don't, fuck off with your cinematic floaty sim
>>
>>384101378
Nice thread from a year and half ago, now read my post again sweetie.
>>
>tfw you're still finding new things
I'll admit, I'm not an obsessive player, but I literally just found the Moldugas yesterday and it was hype as fuck
>>
>newfags have no idea how huge the butthurt was from bloodbornecucks
>>
Had you posted here >>384094284 it would have made more sense. Until it was ruined by some dude that is.
>>
>>384101493
Prove that Nintendo fags are the ones butthurt anon :^)

If anything it feels that witcher cucks are threatened by BOTW, thus going to such lengths of making shitpost images comparing the 2. It's amazing and I don't even own any Nintendo console since the Wii
>>
>this deflection and butt hurts from a multiplat winning game of decade

you okay Nintenfriends ?
>>
>>384101528
>played more than 200 hours and still finding new shit.
>just found the side quest with the sick girl the other day.
>>
File: same guy.png (168KB, 956x755px) Image search: [Google]
same guy.png
168KB, 956x755px
>>384101625
Every fucking Zelda thread this guy pops up
>>
Despite all its flaws, BotW is still the best game of all time
>>
>>384101751
This guy existed wayyy before zelda cropped up. He's the skyrim dude who obsessively shits on everything W3 against ANY game, even skyrim
>>
File: s0nygger_tears.jpg (77KB, 600x354px) Image search: [Google]
s0nygger_tears.jpg
77KB, 600x354px
6/10 at best.
>>
>>384101831
Holy fuck I remember that dude. He spammed his webms and bait pic everywhere
>>
File: nnnns.png (9KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
nnnns.png
9KB, 225x224px
>>384099285
repetition is a big flaw for sure

retards wont admit it though as they obsess not about quality of game but their imagination war
>>
>>384102226
Ironic
>>
The overworld is fine. There's big areas with nothing much of interest in them, but that's how open world exploration works. If it's nothing but set pieces crammed tightly together, you can't search for them.
The game's a bit thin on available rewards, though. Like, you climb the frozen mountain and lift the dragon's curse by shooting the demon cancer growing out of it, and what is your reward? One more ball you can trade for more health, same as you get for solving a simple puzzle in a shrine that wasn't even hidden. Because that's the only thing the game CAN give you, apparently.
>>
>>384102543
I don't really need a reward for most of the stuff I'm doing in the game. It's not supposed to be a skinner box, it's a world to explore and experiment with.
>>
>>384101357
This isn't wrong but pretending its game of the century is retarded. It's not hard to get perfect scores when you've been playing mediocre games with no free roam or physics based fun.
>>
File: 1429255911925.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
1429255911925.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
>tfw I bought into the hype and spent $360 for a single mediocre game
>>
>>384102226
welcome to modern Nintendo

remember bayo 2 ? the name that the wii u drones would brought up every ten minutes to make sure you had heard about how well reviewed it was ?

Well less than 1 mil of them bought it world wide and nowadays barely anyone gives a damn about it.

Just look at their attitude against third parties; gameplay, video game in general has taken a backseat, its all about console war in their echo chamber.

Its ironic
>>
>>384102543
>what is your reward? One more ball you can trade for more health

Earning a new Heart Piece is a major reward in any Zelda game. That's just how Zelda game roll.
>>
>>384101357

What are you doing here anon? Pretending generic fetch quests are some kind of innovation?
>>
>>384103386
The other zelda games have way cooler rewards, stuff as simple as extra bottles but cooler stuff as well like spells, masks and new items. The only thing that was a cool discovery in this game was the master sword, hylian shield and some of the armor pieces, I expected more for a game this large, there are smaller open world games that managed to cram in heaps of unique items that I was hoping this game would do, even though the rewards weren't that good it was still fun to explore, but it could have been better.
>>
>>384103506
Nobody said they're innovative. They just disprove the ridiculous fallacy that the game has no content.
>>
File: koolimpah.jpg (80KB, 746x517px) Image search: [Google]
koolimpah.jpg
80KB, 746x517px
Non-cel shaded zelda WHEN
>>
>>384103920
Not till Nintendo makes another console unfortunately. Was really hoping for something closer to the Zelda u tech demo.
>>
>>384103821
There's 4 fucking spells in the game (based on the 4 spells from Zelda II) and theres more unique masks and armour than any other Zelda.
>>
>>384103386
No, a piece of heart is a MINOR reward. A major reward is getting the hookshot, or the fire arrows.
And BotW DOES have shit like that. There's clothes, and unique weapons and shields. They could have given you SOMETHING for freeing that dragon, to make it feel like a proper accomplishment.
>>
>>384104172
>No, a piece of heart is a MINOR reward

You don't know shit about Zelda bub.
>>
>>384104146
wait so im stuck with 4 spells till the end ??

what the fuck and you got all of them in tutorial area ???
>>
>>384104172

Weapons that get broken.
>>
>>384101318
That's a good way to put it. They did a lot of good... but I want my temples and music back.

Also please get rid of the Shonen Jump tier anime characters. Holy fuck, it was like bad fan fiction.
>>
>>384104384
but you can get 900 korok seeds ?
>>
>>384104384
Those are the runes.

The four spells you earn from the champions, they're based on the spells from Zelda II - Life, Shield, Jump, Attack
>>
>>384104384
yeah one of them just revive you when you get died

just like a common fairy you can catch at the first town

amazing rewards
>>
>>384104582
>amazing rewards

Within the context of the game, they're all extremely useful. Cry some more.
>>
File: stunlock 100 to 0 kill.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
stunlock 100 to 0 kill.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
Nintendo has the best game mechanics and the worst game balancing
Its that simple

Imagine a breath of the wild where someone who actually knew how to balance games made it:
>Combat is actually challenging and rewards skill and creativity instead of being damage sponging
>Exploration rewards you with new mechanical abilities and unique items instead of just a piece of heart
>Food system actually gives you a reason to learn 50 different recipes and has varied unique effects, like super spicy chili that makes you breath fire
>No more menu-based gameplay during combat
>Physics damage actually scales into endgame
>Stats like shield strength and stamina actually matter in combat
>You don't become invulnerable during hit recovery / ragdoll
>Bosses aren't pushovers
>Enemies can swim and jump over terrain
>Armor uses % instead of +/- so you don't choose between dying in 1 hit or trivializing the game
>>
File: 200.gif (389KB, 301x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
389KB, 301x200px
>>384104715
Someone on 4chan is trying to tell NINTENDO how to design games.
>>
File: fingering.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
fingering.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>384104876
yeah because this is what happens when you leave it up to nintendo
>>
>>384104876
I didn't read any of his post but botw had way more potential. It felt unfinished at certain points as if there was supposed to be more. Really hoping the next game doesn't feel the same.
>>
>>384104971
I did not know kinda cool i guess.
>>
>>384104384
>>384104489
Honestly they should have had more runes, and not given them to you all at the start of the game. Should have had more powers too. One major complaint people have with the game is the more time you put into the, the less fun it is, and that's simply because there is no progression at all apart from inventory space and stronger weapons and enemies. If you had gotten Stasis after, say, 10 hours, it would have been more impact-full and extended the lifespan of the game a lot longer.

>>384105094
Allegedly Zelda will be like this from now on, and allegedly Nintendo learned a lot from this one and intends to improve the formula.

Allegedly.
>>
>>384105420
>allegedly
That's what everyone says. Now, Nintendo makes terrible business decisions but they do know how to make games. If they take the critique the game got and improve everything, that's fine. I hope they don't let the bs "10/10 best game ever!" reviews get to them. I want them to go above and beyond with the next titles.

I really think the hardware is holding them back. Nintendo should've held onto the switch and made an actual console instead. Then release the switch as a successor to the 3ds.
>>
>>384102846
>It's not hard to get perfect scores when you've been playing mediocre games with no free roam or physics based fun.
this is probably the most logical post in the thread.
I love this game, but it's main merits are the methods of exploration, like climbing, paragliding and it's physics.
It is a great achievemnet in gaming, but has many flaws, most being graphical issues.
Hopefully, the next LoZ game, will take it back to better staples of the series, while keeping the depth and physics.
If anything, this game will be an inspiration to similar genre games for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>384105420
>If you had gotten Stasis after, say, 10 hours, it would have been more impact-full and extended the lifespan of the game a lot longer.

Nintendo wanted to give the player all of the abilities right off the bat so they could go and play the entire game without any kind of restrictions or roadblocks.

I still feel like the game has plenty of player empowerment and progression. When I restarted the game in Master Mode I couldn't believe how underpowered you are initially.
>>
>>384099285
I disagree, I enjoy that almost anywhere I go any random place there is likely to be a friendly little Korok to give me his seed.
>>
>>384103506
There are like 3 things there that count as fetch quests (not counting the rushroom guy who's not on there), unless your definition is doing 1 thing for a person is a fetch quest aka any quest.
>>
File: 5847109285743.png (656KB, 506x450px) Image search: [Google]
5847109285743.png
656KB, 506x450px
>>384103920
>That six pack
>>
Open world games ARE SHIT
>>
>>384104715
Why does the camera display its nameplate as Guardian Scout III when it's clearly a Guardian Scout II?
>>
>>384105420
One thing I trust Nintendo to do is produce slightly improved iterations of an existing formula.
>>
>>384105761
so there should have been more unlockable abilities that weren't necessary for progression
wheres the part of the game where I upgrade my cooking ability to rank 3 and unlock the ability to brew fizzy lifting drinks, a knockback+++ combat buff or a potion of time stop
wheres the kung fu master that trains link in unarmed combat
>>
>>384105750
Agreed. While Zelda is my number 1 series, I won't give a free pass.
We've been playing mediocre games for the past 2-3 years with only a few gems sticking out. Botw was just a breath of fresh air for me. It was very enjoyable but it could've been so much more, I know it.

The lacking story kinda pissed me off actually. The ending was terrible and anyone that could defend it has shit taste period. Of course, people will day that's not the point of the game blah blah blah.

We essentially spend our time exploring, doing shrines/towers to get strong enough to beat Ganon. It's etched into our brain while still on the plateau that we're weak AF. It's really an open world sandbox collectathon.

There's a few more things that were weak for me but all in all the game is a solid 8 in my book.
>>
>>384104146
Spells you get from the main quest (not exploration) and armor which has fairly boring effects, games like morrowind did it way better, like boots that give you super speed but blind your character, with botw its just damage up or something boring like that.
>>
>>384105420
Nintendo has shown excellence at improving slightly every iteration of a formula, but sometimes they go back to their comfort zone to avoid experimenting (NSMB series, Kirby, Yoshi) but it seems they've really gotten an open world formula down, but balancing is hard since they've only done linear so far. They'll probably figure it out or be flat out told what to do by fans or other devs, but Nintendo tends to ignore them (not that they'd know better or anything).
>>
Nintendo should take pointers from the king of open world games BETHESDA cause this game is a joke compared to Skyrim and Fallout 4
>>
>>384106058
you don't know your guardian scouts

scout 1 has no middle segment or weapons and just shoots laser beams
scout 2 has a single weapon
scout 3 has two weapons and two wings off its head
scout 4 has three weapons and three wings off its head connected by a ridge
>>
>>384106312
>We essentially spend our time exploring
thing i I can understand that the japs make games in a different way to western devs.
they start with themes, in concepts.
Having a theme in the essence of their development, and quite obviously the wild, loneliness in harsh terrains are their core theme.
Having massive cities would counteract what they were going for
I feel the next game in the series will either try to incorporate another vehicle into exploration, like SS/WW or they will go full on with massive castle town, kakariko etc.
Plus this is their first truly open world 3d zelda game, I feel they went about it very well.
The game has such charm that exploring is a comfy feel
>>
>>384106535
Yeah, I just opened up the game and took a second look. I figured I and II were actually the same so that further models corresponded with the nubs on their heads.
>>
>>384106665
We could hope what the next game will be like but the reality is that the switch is weak. Unless Nintendo busts out a new console in the next 5 years, expect the same game but with complete changes. Just imagine botw, with a revamp and a different map lol.
>>
>>384106995
shit yeah i gather the next zelda will be switch exclusive too.
I dont want to buy a switch at all
>>
>>384106995
>expect the same game but with complete changes.

Yeah because that's how Nintendo approach Zelda games. They're not completely unique and different from each other at all.
>>
>>384101528
This. Got over 210h put to the game and story finished, yet imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon a new quest in a town and a handful of Shrines.

I have also had several "you can do THAT??" moments when watching other people play it. Has also been a fascinating study on how many vastly different kind of players there are.
>>
It is a Nintendo game. What did you expect? They haven't given a shit about any of their games for the games they release for the last ten years.
>>
File: 1492747035950.jpg (59KB, 701x701px) Image search: [Google]
1492747035950.jpg
59KB, 701x701px
>>384108535
>>
>>384099285
-snowboarding tracks;
-bowling tracks;
-desert seals racing trac;k
-environmental puzzles;
-shrines;
-cities that need to be approached in different ways even to enter them;

Oh yeah totally empty, go play the game before you talk out of your ass
>>
File: 1498735545007.gif (1MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1498735545007.gif
1MB, 245x280px
>>384099285
Assblasted. In 10 years time, /v/ will still be trying to rationalise how they could have been so hilariously BTFO by Nintendo.
>>
>go inside trial of the sword
>warp to uncompleted divine beast
>whole map resets
>warp to akkala tech lab
>climb on top
>yahaha
>turn around
>yahaha
>turn around
>yahaha
>turn around
>yahaha

lol infinite kok seeds nice game nintenbabs
>>
>>384105420
>and not given them to you all at the start of the game

that's not possible, the open world works exactly because you have all the tools and can go anywhere, if you didn't have everything the internet would be filled with joseph anderson cucks shouting HURR DURR CAN'T GOEZ EVERYWHUR GOT OWNED BY LION LMAO
>>
>>384104971

kojima does the same shit and gets praised, go die faggot
>>
File: botw4.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
botw4.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>384099285
GET ON MY LEVEL ASSHOLE!
>>
>>384109007
The Cities in BOTW are less dense than Skyrim, they're smaller too. Goron city is like 5 buildings. OOT Goron City was actually bigger.
>>
Just go back to the old way of doing Zelda. Botw was clearly meant for open world fags. They should have released a more classic adventure Zelda alongside of it and I would have been happy.
>>
>>384110993
They actually could have put the rune upgrades on the map instead of basing them off giving guardian parts to Purah.
>>
>>384111095
Bog?
>>
>>384111568
The goopy brown water.
>>
>>384111442
This is the old way of doing Zelda.
>>
>>384112147
No it's not. Minecraft didnt exist back then.
>>
It's a 7/10 anyone who says otherwise is a shill for someone. I'm really pissed I bought a Switch for it.

I need to stop falling for critic praise. It really feels like the time GTAIV was getting 10/10 and then everyone changed their minds a couple years later.
>>
>>384100657
>>384100234
Nigga, not one nintedrone I've talked to gives a shit about The Witcher.

Also Skyrim is trash and only played by those with low IQ, as with the majority of Bethesda games starting with Oblivion.
>>
>>384112363
And Zelda back then wasn't linear block pushing baby games where obnoxious characters hand held you the entire game because challenge is scary.
>>
>>384112640
>everyone who has different opinions is a shill
Where's my money?
>>
>>384112640
GTA IV is 10/10, tho.
>>
>>384112640
I think you're thinking of GTAV. IV was GOAT, V was trash
>>
File: legend of fi.png (287KB, 909x878px) Image search: [Google]
legend of fi.png
287KB, 909x878px
>>384112837
Thats because the nes zeldas sucked ass. The snes and n64 zeldas set the tone for the rest of the series.

Then WW happened.
>>
>>384113093
Oh you're that guy who spams fi pics and hates on NES zelda. Your waifu is shit
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>384113342
>v is one person meme

botw still sucks
>>
>>384113029
no
>>
I've always suspected that Skyward Sword being...not great kind of snapped Nintendo out of their complacency and made them realize they had to get off their giant easy chair made of money and actually make an effort on the next Zelda.
>>
>>384112147
zelda 1 was cleary waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of it's time.
>>
>>384113398
You are that one person, sorry bro. I recognize your shit waifufagging and your horrid opinions that you try to force as fact
>>
>>384113582
so /v/ obsessing over link's crossdressing and zelda's ass didn't actually happen right?
>>
>>384113474
except they got even more lazy when they realized that open world games are the hot thing where you can create a large world and put nothing in it. Then have players who like them instantly say it's a good game cause it doesn't give you any directions. You know, that one game design flaw that use to give older games less scores.
>>
>>384113704
>it's okay when I do it!
No
>>
>>384099285
^ There you go, this is what you wanted.
>>
>>384113721
>design flaw
>not handholding the player
When were you born. I'm ignoring the fact that botw gives you plenty of instructions especially at the start and if you talk to people
>>
>>384113727
no, it's okay when you do it.
>>
>>384113796
>thinking Im talking about handholding

Thats why you're ignorant as to why Botw is a flawed game. Im not going to educate an obvious casual faggot.
>>
>>384113868
t.Casual underage faggot
BotW gives you all the direction you need in game, as do many older games in the form of guides
>>
>>384113721
>players who like them instantly say it's a good game cause it doesn't give you any directions. You know, that one game design flaw that use to give older games less scores.

The game does give you instructions and they're readily available in your adventure log to check whenever you want. You're not walking around clueless with no idea what to do next.

BotW gives you the freedom to ensure every discovery is your own.
>>
File: 1500174767203.png (140KB, 646x613px) Image search: [Google]
1500174767203.png
140KB, 646x613px
>>384100234
>>384100310
>Can bribe the mainstream gaming medias
>Can't bribe the true gamers
It feels good that most true gamers didn't fall for BOTW shilling by paid shills.

10 years from now, TW3 will be remembered as the game that has revolutionized open world genre, whereas BOTW will fall into obscurity like Skyward Sword.
>>
>>384099710
We wouldnt be bothered by it if you botw fags didnt stop calling it the best game of the year and the best open world game, especially considering its a watered down version of a sandbox open world game that doesnt even have all the checklist of a good open world.
>>
>>384114358
Kek the user score was invaded by salty assblasted sonybros who openly admitted they were just hating on the game to bring the user scores down. About 20% of the scores were 0/10 for Christ sake.

Most of those were purged but there's enough falseflagging immature sony crybabies to bring the score down. Really pitiful to be honest.
>>
>>384114469
But all of it is true. Name a better open world sandbox game besides Morrowind
>>
>>384114469
It's almost like sonybros don't want to give any sort of credit to Nintendo at all. Thank fuck I'm not a child and I actually own multiple systems.
>>
>>384114469
>checklist of a good open world
good sense of scale check
does not have floating markers check
gives player total freedom in exploration check
incentives to explore check
something to do besides wandering check
good way of traversal check

What else does it need?
>>
>>384114689
>name a better open world besides this one game

You already answered your own question

>>384114730
stop blaming your shortcomings on a fucking console

>>384114836
>scale

This is why botw was not a good open world game. You guys instantly equate scale = open world. That was your first mistake.
>>
>>384114940
Except I am no equating scale with open world? Do you have reading comprehension problems? Sense of scale is important in open worlds to make the world feel grand and real.

Morrowind is only better if you like RPGs the most. The art style is horrid shit and it features one of the worst combat systems to grace video games, only magic is tolerable.
>>
>>384114940
Seething.
>>
>>384115090
GTA San Andreas is the best RPG
>>
>>384101318
This desu. BotW is a 7/10 maybe strong 8, but it's true purpose is to be a tech demo for future Zelda titles.
>>
I wonder if future open world games will try and copy BotW's open design and world building or if they'll just consider it too much hard work. Perhaps they'll just half-ass the climbing mechanic and think that's good enough.
>>
>>384116305
You can be sure that Cyberpunk 2077 will have half assed climbing mechanics developed just enough so it can be marketing point and so they can say that their game is "just like Zelda".
>>
>>384116276
If BotW is a 7/10 then every other game in the universe is a 3/10 desu.
>>
>>384101318
>BotW is basically one huge ass blueprint for the true next step for Zelda
I thought the exact same thing too. the open world is really good and all but the actual meat of the game isn't there so I was still pretty bored throughout the nearly the whole thing
I can only hope the next game takes the open world and what I liked about the older Zeldas and merge them for a truly good package, but there is always the possibility that Nintendo didn't learn from this and they won't improve upon this
>>
>>384116879
>meat isn't really there
I disagree thoroughly. I have no idea why this is parroted so much
>>
>>384116946
It's because detractors desperate need (want) to find something to attack the game.
>>
File: BaitShop[1].gif (5KB, 256x232px) Image search: [Google]
BaitShop[1].gif
5KB, 256x232px
>>384116879
>>384116946
The meat hasn't been there since the first game.
>>
>>384116946
Because I was never really looking forward for anything unlike every other Zelda game and that something for me are the dungeons
>but the shrines
They aren't really the same thing. I actually dreaded the idea of going through yet another shrine but I knew that I had to if I wanted more stamina and maybe life. I also didn't like that the majority of the shrines were just physics puzzles, I just find that annoying

>>384117071
Oh sorry, I forgot this is a botw thread and that means that thinking that the game isn't 11/10 is a grave crime
>>
>>384117628
Oh so you didn't like physics puzzles, and thus claim the game has no meat simply you didn't like the taste of that meat
>>
>>384117628
>Oh sorry, I forgot this is a botw thread and that means that thinking that the game isn't 11/10 is a grave crime

BotW has some of the issues which plague all open world game - difficulty balancing and enemy repetition for example.

But these are minor inevitable nitpicks of the genre and never come close to overshadowing the game as a whole.

Where BotW excels is in it's focus on player agency and world building.

And this is where most of the criticism fall apart. Because most people always focus on stupid nonsense and try to pull apart a singular aspect without ever acknowledging how all of the game's various systems and mechanics work together to create a gameplay experience which feels truly next level.
>>
>>384117701
It felt very lacking to me overall AND I also don't like the flavor of physics puzzles.
Open world games just don't do it for me unless there is something I am actually looking forward to and I just didn't find it in this game

>>384117992
>Where BotW excels is in it's focus on player agency and world building.
That honestly tells me nothing

>never come close to overshadowing the game as a whole
It did for me. I just didn't find it as fun as the older games

>And this is where most of the criticism fall apart
Yeah yeah, no criticism zone. I get it
>>
File: deny this.png (85KB, 1297x747px) Image search: [Google]
deny this.png
85KB, 1297x747px
>>384099285
But they filled the map with cool stuff, unlike previous zelda games
>>
>>384118445
>That honestly tells me nothing
It means the way the player interacts with the world is on a level of sophistication unparalleled in gaming. And achieves this while also being fun.
>>
>>384118445
It felt lacking because you did not enjoy a large ass chunk of the game, so there you go!
>>
>>384119105
What I mean is that I don't see what is so special about that or why it is supposedly good enough to carry the game

>on a level of sophistication unparalleled in gaming
The open world is pretty good for the usual standards but let's not get crazy here

>And achieves this while also being fun
Ehhh
>>
Actually it was a method of making sure that no matter where players went they'd be able to find some seeds so they could upgrade their inventory. It's literally just thoughtful game design and Nintendo didn't hide a single valuable thing behind collecting them all on purpose.
>>
>>384119551
It's not just about the overworld design. For example, the weather, the climate and the environment are all intricately connected with each other - informing the player's choices and, in turn, influencing how the player interacts with the world around them.

>B-But MGSV lets you burn grass too you know!

The difference being that none of BotW's core gameplay mechanics are bolted on top the engine. They ARE the engine. The entire game is founded on the core mechanics of player agency and interactivity and the rest of the game is bulit apon it.
>>
>>384113029
>>384113065
Not the same anon, but I didn't like GTA IV much. After San Andreas, it was disappointing. All the cards handled like ass, and I can't remember a single character I liked. And mostly, the tone was much less whimsical, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but wasn't what I was expecting.
>>
>>384120301
Yes, I know the world is very good and I completely agree on that but at the end of the day I still can't find it fun
Such things for me are nice details but not enough to carry the game, it just gets old after a while
>>
>>384120697
Ok not everybody has to like everything. But you can at least throw the game a bone and admit that some of things going on are next level stuff. It makes other open world games seem quite archiac by comparison.
>>
File: 1454088571053.jpg (37KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1454088571053.jpg
37KB, 500x352px
"The Master Trials" seems like one of those pre-order DLC collections (Void Walker's Arsenal, Columbia's finest)
>>
>>384120946
>you can at least throw the game a bone and admit that some of things going on are next level stuff
I never completely discredited the game.
I always said the world was good and I'd probably say the best open world I've seen but it's more impressive on the technical aspect instead of the game aspect, that is why I said that I just want to put this world into a Zelda game that has more going on for it.
I feel that this game is sort of missing it's backbone, it's world isn't enough to support the whole game because in it's current state I just find myself bored by the game

>It makes other open world games seem quite archaic by comparison.
When comparing them strictly by their worlds and just their worlds, yes, I agree
>>
>>384101357
>over 100 minibosses
this would be impressive if it wasnt in fact 4 minibosses copypasted EVERYWHERE with differents colors
This is a very short list of things to do considering the size of a world comparable with skyrim. Skyrim was mediocre and still had much much much more interesting things to do.
Most things in this list are stupid fetch quests or take like 5 min to complete

Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed botw a lot, but you gotta admit that the world is just empty
>>
>>384122075
No I don't have to admit everything, as there is still something to do
>>
>>384119105
>on a level of sophistication unparalleled in gaming
Do you even read this shit you're typing?
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.