[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck you, I'd love more ports.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: HotD Switch.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HotD Switch.webm
2MB, 640x480px
Fuck you, I'd love more ports.
>>
Uhhh so how the fuck does this work? Looks like motion controls
>>
Don't worry, you'll be getting tons of them
>>
My God.
>>
>>384098079

>that glare
>that tiny screen
>>
>>384098079
What game is this? Has somebody hacked the switch to run it?
>>
>>384099527
One of the House of the Dead games. I think 2.
>>
>>384099846
It is house of the dead 2. But how is he playing it? Is it that rainway shit?
>>
>>384099947
Why are you asking me? I have no idea.
>>
>>384100053
I wasn't directly asking you, I was hoping someone who knew would respond.

I don't think it is hax yet, but the rainway devs say they got streaming and joycon working. Using motion controls as a pointer is nice. World of Goo on switch does that and it works fine.
>>
>>384098079
if this thing had a resident evil or something I'd buy it, but it dont look like thats happening.
>>
it still pisses me off that they fucking lost the source code to house of the dead 1. only port with light gun support is the on fucking saturn and its awful

not sure where emulation is at, though last I tried it sucked and most pc lightguns are basically wii mote like in nature and kind of suck
>>
>>384100208
It's obviously a video.

Light gun games on the Switch would be dope as fuck. I hope they do bring HotD over. Switch has keyboard support, so why not TotD as well.
>>
>>384098510

mhm

This might be the console where they go all out with tons of releases
>>
>>384100612
is that why we never see rereleases of hotd1?
>>
>>384099947
It's probably just playing a video and he's moving the joycon and pressing buttons so that you think he's playing. It's the oldest E3 trick in the book.
>>
>>384100875
>>384100645
Yeah I thought so, his inputs looked too weird to be true.
>>
Dogs of the AMS...time they madeamove.
>>
>>384100645
switch doesn't have IR so lightgun games can't work on it
>>
I can't wait for the Rainway app. My room is big and my bed is pretty far away from my TV, so laying down and playing PC games isn't really possible. The idea of lying down and playing through Nier: Automata on Switch is orgasmic. My Final Fantasies, my Resident Evils, my Dooms, my Touhous, my visual novels. FUCK.
>inb4 shit taste in games

>>384101275
It can't be done with the gyro. Works fine as a pointer in Splatoon 2?
>>
>>384101626
>It can't be done with the gyro?
fixed.
>>
>>384098079
Looks like he just pulled up a video on niconico and pretended to play
>>
>>384101701
The thing about gyro is that it isn't accurate. Gyroscopes tend to drift a lot. Did you play skyward sword? Most if not all wii motion plus games had a recenter button. Same with Wii U and Switch games. It's much less precise.

The Right Joycon has an IR camera at least, so it's possibly to make a new sensor bar for Switch which shouldn't cost much as it's just two IR lights. It would be weird to hold it upside down for aiming, as the triggers would now be on the bottom.
>>
>>384102091
>Gyroscopes tend to drift a lot.

You're right. I didn't even think about that. Still, if it can be done, it'll have to be done without any extra equipment. Otherwise it destroys the whole "take it with you anywhere" appeal that's supposed to be applicable for every piece of software that ends up on Switch. I can only imagine the backlash if rail shooters had to be TV only due to needing a sensor bar.
>>
>>384098079
That's actually pathetic. Have fun with your pleb console, I guess.
>>
>>384098236
>>384101701
>>384102091

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTCZ8pZcWIs

World of Goo already does this, it requires you to calibrate it though.
>>
>>384102509
>I can only imagine the backlash if rail shooters had to be TV only due to needing a sensor bar.

That's true, but there are already games that are handheld only on Switch. Sure it sucks that you can't play on the go but they could always put gyro aiming as an option for that case. I wonder if the bit that sticks out of the Switch from the dock can be used to make a pseudo sensorbar? probably not, i dont think the switch can even display a different image from TV while docked

>>384102661
Yeah but again, gyro can drift so it's bad for precise aiming which is needed for shooters like this. World of Goo and little inferno don't need to be too precise since they are slower paced games.
>>
>PS4 gets ports like Uncharted and TLOU
>Makes sense because a lot of new PS owners were XBOX fans, so they didn't get to play either
>High quality ports and cheap
>Sony has exclusives that are not ports

>Switch gets Wii U ports
>Makes sense because the Wii U failed
>Low quality ports and full price
>Their two must have games are Wii U ports

Before you say anything:
>I own a Switch and a PS4

Why does Nintendo get a pass but Sony doesn't?
>>
>>384104584
>>Low quality ports and full price
Which ones out of the 1 port, which is not even a port since it came out on the same day for both consoles, is low quality?
>>
>>384104584
Because the former created ports of a game that was just released a year ago and cut content. (Donut Drake). The latter creates ports of games several years old and adds a fuckton of new content. (See Mario Kart 8)
>>
>>384104748
MK8 is barely an upgrade and should be half price.
>>
>>384098079
beside being a drone, why would anyone subject themselves to play on that tiny screen ? not to mention that waggle shit
>>
>>384104897
>fuckton of new content
>3 new characters
>battle mode
>a new type of drift
not really fuckton if you asked me
>>
>>384101064
No one would be dumb enough to release anything double pillar boxed.
>>
>>384105110
>double items
>improved performance
>portability
>>
>>384105110
>Battle mode is a fuckton of content in of itself.
>>
File: Picture 25.jpg (2MB, 5168x2907px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 25.jpg
2MB, 5168x2907px
>>384104584
>low quality and full price

MK8 is by no means low quality. Not when it improves resolution, framerate, online, and give you more content. $40 would've been better though.

Ports, especially good ones, are never a bad thing. I don't see why it's a daily argument among the gaming community today.
>>
>>384104584
Minimal content addition/unnecessary use of the word "remaster"
Also no one considers BOTW a port, since they're pretty much the exact same.
>>
>>384105307
eh, it's a little side thing no one cares about
>>
>>384098079

Don't worry Nintendo wants to port all those crappy Wii U titles
>>
>>384104584
Two reasons. First of all, the PS4 had almost nothing but multiplats and remaster/ports for the first 2 years of its lifetime until Bloodborne came out. Meanwhile the Switch has relatively good launch titles and several exclusives like ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, and potentially Xenoblade 2. By the time it turns 1 year old the Switch will have more exclusives worth playing than the Xbone in its entire lifecycle.

Second the Switch's portability adds a lot more value to ports than just upscaled resolution and enhanced graphics. Also none of the Switch's ports has been low quality so far. I'm not going to sit here and pretend BoTW isn't a port but regardless how you feel about it it's the definitive version of the game without resorting to emulation. Same goes for MK8 and pretty much every other Wii U port so far.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.