[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of Until Dawn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: untildawn-8.png (418KB, 1221x768px) Image search: [Google]
untildawn-8.png
418KB, 1221x768px
What does /v/ think of Until Dawn?
>>
Movie game Cage wished he made.
>>
>>384095408
It's fun if you just pick one person and try to make them survive but kill all others.
I did that with action Mike.
He is the best dude by far.
Also, block the door, save the doggo
>>
Pretty solid, assuming you understand it's a movie game with virtually no gameplay. It has replayability, which is nice, and has some great mocap/facial expressions. I didn't particularly like the wendigo shit and would've preferred the entire story was pranks, but there were some good bits. Especially about Hannah digging up and eating her sister.
>>
>>384096532

>It has replayability

How does it has any replayability? The only changes you can make is whether someone dies or not, there are no alternative paths with extra levels or anything, which only change what they say in some video tape at the end.

also

>Theres people who unironically wanted it to be a game with no paranormal elements
>>
>>384095408
The worst interactive movie ever made, horrible writing, horrible facial animations, annoying unlikable characters. I dropped it in the first few minutes, it was so fucking bad, thank the gods I got it for free.
>>
>>384095408

It's a TellTale game. None of the choices really matter. If they all live, all die, or something between, the only difference is a single line of dialog (and police "interviews" (read: statements) during the credits.)
>>
>>384096852
Nah i believe there are sequences you wont see if you don't keep them alive.
>>
You wanna talk about the most obvious flaw? The relationships and traits "system".

I'm saying "system" because it's really just an indicator for roleplayers or something, because it has absolutely 0 effect on gameplay. The characters will always behave exactly the same with everyone regardless of their relationships or traits
>>
>>384096953
If you dropped it within the first few mintues you have been memed. The game has a shitty 90's movie facade but then when you get deeper into it, it becomes rather interesting.
I would say it is a great example on how to do a movie game.
>>
>>384097007
That's what I said.

The only changes are whether someone dies or not, which means if they die you get LESS levels
>>
>>384097225
No. The difference is there are different paths to go down. The death path doesn't just end just as you enter it. You more likely than not have to play through it. It has its own gameplay.

Take Josh for example.
>>
>>384097465
Name a single situation where a character's death leads into an extra level. And an example of a significant "branching path" in the game
>>
>>384097465
This is simply false. If I'm not mistaken there's actually just ONE alternative path: When Sam gets captured by Josh instead of escaping. And the difference is literally just that she starts her next chapter naked and 1 room away from her original location.
>>
>>384097124
Ashley won't let Chris in, effectively killing him, if their relationship is at 0
>>
>>384097129
>b-but it gets good 20 hours in
Fuck off.
>>
>>384095408
I thought it was good for what it tried to do. Definitely not a $60 game but it's definitely good as a free game.
>>
>>384097984
No extra levels but Matt's/Jess' deaths affect each other. I'd consider this game "replayable" in the sense that you probably won't save everyone note: PROBABLY, I understand you're all master gamers and it was no problem for you etc and it can be fun replaying and trying to keep everyone alive. It's also fun seeing the death animations, e.g. Emily getting torn apart in a shredder vs getting shot in the face.
>>
>>384095408
I really liked it but I went into it knowing it was an interactive movie. I like horror shit even if it isn't that scary.
>>
>>384099245
imo it gets good about 1-2 hours in, when Mike n Jess start heading to the guest cabin
>>
>>384099245
Nah it just requires you to get past the fucking intro.
>>
Is bad because is not a Nintendo game.
>>
>>384095408
shitty overhyped game that sonyfags praise because they'll shill anything at this point.
>>
File: fessenden.jpg (50KB, 562x650px) Image search: [Google]
fessenden.jpg
50KB, 562x650px
>>384100536
ITT
>"Yeah it's fun"
>SONYFAGS SHILLING THIS OVERHYPED GARBAGE SHIT
hm
>>
>>384097124
>>384099080
Actually your relationship with Ash can be perfect, but if when you're both at the table with the unloaded gun, if you choose to shoot her, even though she's begging you to kill her instead of yourself, she'll lock you outside.
Which is why the general consensus is that she's fucking crazy
>>
>>384099080
And the only way for the relationship to hit 0 is by choosing to shoot her instead of Chris. The relationship system like I said is just an indicator, it affects nothing
>>
>>384100993
No, it has to be at zero, which requires "shooting" her as well as making other choices (making every attempt to save josh over her for example)
>>
Did anyone straight up not shoot Emily in the face if she was bitten in your play through? The gamble made no sense to not shoot her
>>
>>384101484
Isn't there a clue beforehand that says you can't be turned by a bite?
>>
>>384101374
Ash will kill Chris ONLY if Chris "shot" her. It doesn't matter, nothing else matters.

>If you try to save Josh instead

If you try to save Josh, the buzzsaw still goes to Josh and Ashley thinks you chose her instead, I think Chris even says something like "oh I just told him I was saving him to calm him down before he died".

You can try literally every single action to reduce the relationship with Ash asides from shooting her and she'll still let him live
>>
>>384101484
I didn't, it was stupid, they're wendigos not Zombies. And I think there was a death totem showing her getting shot

>>384101643
No it actually comes after the ordeal
>>
>>384101374
Shooting her will put the relationship at 0 regardless of any other choice you made. The relationship system is literally useless in the game
>>
>>384101484
If you consider the meta the point of the game is to keep everyone alive, so you might as well not go out of your way to kill her. Roundabout logic but eh
>>
Is there any way to get the Emily/Matt DLC scene now or was it pre-order only?
>>
>>384102112
You get it if you buy the game digitally. It's only physical copies that shouldn't have it.

It's kinda stupid that the sub-chapter is DLC because if it's not there, you don't see Matt and Emily for a long time after the argument between Jess/Emily.
>>
I wish they didn't throw the IP down the toilet the way they did. I would of loved a proper sequel.
>>
>>384102056
I just thought one death vs like 3 was too much to risk
>>
>>384102318
The switch to VR was such a bad idea. VR is a good concept but it's still in the early stages where people aren't ready to adopt.
>>
>>384096953
Hi David.
>>
>>384102318
They dropped it?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.