[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls is okay. Why not more Demon's Souls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1400909307411.jpg (120KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1400909307411.jpg
120KB, 500x1000px
Dark Souls is okay.
Why not more Demon's Souls?
>>
>>384077254
Dark souls IS demon souls. If it wasn't for the fact that sony owned the Demon souls copyright Dark souls would of been called Demon souls 2.
>>
>>384077254
The majority of the "Souls"(God I really hate how this is now a term) fanbase started with the xbox kids back when Demon's Souls threads were regarded as the best threads on /v/ and they were baited into the "le Prepare to Die, game so hard" meme and then the PC cucks who were baited for months until Dark Souls got ported over to PC and then they started baiting console shitters back. Basically, the Dark Souls fanbase is comprised mostly of some of the worst cancer ever.

The vast majority of the fanbase never owned a sony console or a PS3 in order to play Demon's Souls so the game is completely disregarded by these fucks, some even go to great lenghts to tell other people how Demon's Souls is shit and how Dark Souls is 100% improvement over Demon's in every single regard despite having never played the fucking game.

But yeah, why not more Demon's Souls?
>>
>>384077254
Because demon souls sucks m8
>>
>>384078254
Indeed
>>
Sequels have all been shit. Leave Demon's as it is.
>>
>>384077254

It's not going to happen anon we're never getting a sequel just be glad that Demon Soul's happened.
>>
Why not more King's Field? I quite enjoyed the fourth one before From went totally mainstream with Souls.
>>
As someone who imported the SEA version of Demons Souls before it came out here, I'd say it's the second weakest in the series

Oh I still love the heck out of it, but it's far too clunky and unpolsihed to stand much above the others. Things like the Thief's Ring that literally broke the game, tons of redundant weapon upgrade paths, magic being lol, all just hold the game back. The only standout moment was 3-2 IMO
>>
>>384078254
Feels bad.
Honestly though even the demons threads started going to pot around the end.
I remember that people used to have no problem with how the game was, but then people started crying about invasions and not following rules
>>
>>384080671
Dark souls is the sequel.
>>
File: Cookiecreamps2.png (261KB, 252x357px) Image search: [Google]
Cookiecreamps2.png
261KB, 252x357px
Best From Software game coming through
>>
demons souls turns 10 in 2 years, maybe we'll see a remaster for ps4 only
>>
>>384081035

No it's not retard
>>
>>384081613
How is it not? It is the exact same game with a "open world" level design.
>>
>>384081236
This makes me feel old as fuck.
>>
no fuck souls games sequels. did you learn nothing from das2 and 3?
>>
>>384081203
Fuck. I had a blast playing this, but screw the timer. Used GameShark to stop the timer and enjoyed it.
>>
>>384081907

Because from a narrative standpoint it's completely separate. It's not a sequel just because it shares similar game mechanics.
>>
>>384084017
so none of the final fantasy games are sequels?
>>
>>384084017
Nigga you stupid.
>>
>>384080792
I've hated every single one I've tried but I still want a new KF. I really dig the atmosphere.
>>
>>384078254
stfu dude demon souls got massive because of its insanely good reviews

it got reissued before it was ever big on v and it certainly was before dark souls was released on PC or PS3, so suck a fat dick

>>384078554
look at this contrarian faggots

all you low lifes in v are literally shitting all over each other everyday out of boredom because you have no other hobbies - just sit down and stop talking
>>
>>384084187

They aren't direct sequels to each other no. They are iterations in the same series though. By that logic Bloodborne is a sequel to Dark Souls and Demons Souls is a sequel to Kings Field/Otogi because they share very similar mechanics.
>>
I pray for a remaster every day with a fixed archstone
>>
>>384078254
this
>>
Where are the giants
>>
Best theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIAQY2xwXPc
>>
>>384078254
I mean more people just play on PC my dude not everybody wants to buy a toy that is so locked into hardware, graphical capability, and the work it does.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.