[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 10 seconds to prove the worth of this console.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: wiiu-ss-blk.jpg (123KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
wiiu-ss-blk.jpg
123KB, 800x800px
You have 10 seconds to prove the worth of this console.
>>
Nintendo Switch Beta Program
>>
It has none, like all Shitendo products.
>>
potato
>>
>>384074307
To have a billboard for what not to do when making a console.
>>
Wonderful 101
Xenoblade X
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Splatoon
Mario 3D World
Bayonetta fucking 2.

It was a failure on every level but software. I love my Wii U software.
>>
It has an exclusive Fatal Frame game. I like Fatal Frame, therefore the WiiU has worth in my eyes. Bayonetta 2 and Tropical Freeze aren't bad bonuses to boot.
>>
File: bedsquid.png (176KB, 467x230px) Image search: [Google]
bedsquid.png
176KB, 467x230px
>>384074307
If we didn't have the wii u we wouldn't have splatoon. The second screen gimmick is what spawned splatoon's concept.
>>
>>384074307
So you can say you owned a Wii U before it gains a Dreamcast-level cult following and everything related to it starts jumping up in prices. Besides, the success of the Switch only proves that the Wii U was a good system with shitty marketing. If Wii U was truly bad, why would a new system with basically the same specs whose library is almost entirely Wii U ports/full priced indie games be selling like hotcakes?
>>
>>384076164
I have one and I wish I would've waited for the Switch
>>
Is this console worth 100$ brand new?
>>
>>384074307
Bayonetta 2
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Pikmin 3
Full backwards compatibility with Wii & GameCube (if hacked)
>>
>>384076643
>Full backwards compatibility with Wii & GameCube (if hacked)
If people weren't allowed to say BC was a reason to defend PS3 which didn't need to be hacked to be BC, then WiiU owners can't.
>>
File: IMAG0259.jpg (3MB, 2641x5129px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0259.jpg
3MB, 2641x5129px
BG EZ
>>
File: u.png (53KB, 420x198px) Image search: [Google]
u.png
53KB, 420x198px
Fantastic games
>>
>>384074307
more games then the switch
>>
Plays literally every Nintendo game bar 3ds ones.
>>
File: DKC5_box_art.jpg (183KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
DKC5_box_art.jpg
183KB, 250x353px
>best game on the console
>doesn't use any gimmicks
really invades my island
>>
I pirated all games on it.
It was a beta for the switch.
Free fun games.
>>
>>384076483
Depends on what you want to play and whether or not you plan on getting a Switch
>>
>>384078419
This so much.
>>
>>384074307
Great with hacks.
>>
>>384078419
Can you inject N64 now or something? As far as I knew I still couldn't do either Banjo game for example.
>>
>>384076483
If you have people to play local multiplayer with no contest yes IMO. You can literally turn it into the ultimate local multiplayer box. And while you COULD do that on the Wii. The WiiU titles are easily worth the slight price increase over a Wii piracy box. Especially the local multiplayer on the WiiU.
As long as you want to take advantage of the piracy/homebrew on top of the WiiU titles I'd say it's a great purchase.

If you just want to play WiiU titles? You might be better off waiting for the Switch to see what happens with that.

Not to mention the usual absolute cheapest you can find it for online is 200 used usually.
>>
I didn't have to buy a switch to play zelda because i already had it
>>
>>384080281
N64 emulation is notoriously shitty everywhere. You can play Kazooie now but not Tooie as far as I'm aware.

It's a major improvement over the Wii's N64 emulation though. Pretty much as close to the full N64 library as you can get on a piracy box yet.
>>
>>384075886
all of them probably will be "remade" for the switch
>>
>>384080467
Nintendo still has them refurbished for $200 online. They're as good as new.
>>
Gamecube with HDMI.
>>
>>384075886
/thread

go shitpost somewhere else
>>
File: 1365685982363.jpg (20KB, 215x216px) Image search: [Google]
1365685982363.jpg
20KB, 215x216px
>>384075886
>Hating the gamepad
>Hating TVii
>Hating free online
>Among a shit load of other stuff
If the WiiU was at the power level of the PS4 and Xbone it would have been significantly more fully featured than the other two.
>>
>>384074307
Playing games without needing a TV
Smash 4
Super Mario 3D World and Maker
Hyrule Warriors
Nintendoland
NES Remix
Wonderful 101
>>
>>384081418
Hyrule Warriors and NES remix aren't very good
>>
>>384076820
PS3 is a lot harder to hack though, Wii U is just throwing some files on an SD card and running one of the software exploits while PS3 requires hard-modding unless you're lucky enough to have a pre-3.55 firmware installed.
Wii U is also fully compatible with Wii games without any modding, you can even get them digitally.
Should also note that I think BC is a reason to defend PS3 since finding a fat model isn't that hard, and all PS3s can run PS1 games off disc regardless.
>>
>>384081125
Every Nintendo console (with online capabilities) before the Switch had free online. TVii wasn't even functional in Europe and Oceania (iirc), and was awkward as fuck and discontinued in mid-2015. The gamepad was a shitty gimmick that ruined what could've otherwise been good games.

>Among a shit load of other stuff
Pray tell, anon.
>>
>>384077735
Gotta hand it to the Sonybros, they do know how to make a better game.
>>
>>384081813
>The gamepad was a shitty gimmick
Post discarded
>>
>>384074307

The games made for it were pretty good, and eventually free.
>>
>>384082002
>can't actually address claims or respond to criticism, so you just ignore anything you don't like
Okay.
>>
Mario Maker will never be on Switch because Nintendo dropped resistant touch screen.
>>
>>384082373
A cursor with Joycon gyro could work.
>>
>>384082183
Something that has been asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
>>
>>384083187
Great! So you'll start with answering the question where I asked you to provide evidence for your claims?
>>
File: 1359607167960.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1359607167960.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>384082373
>Nintendo ditched stylus+resistant touchscreen
>The literal second most accurate control scheme to mouse aiming
>Because normies like the smartphone touchscreens we have to deal with an objectively inferior option and smudge our screens in any game asking for touch screen input
The Switch is more half baked than the launch 3DS models were.
>>
>>384080851
There's a GameCube HDMI mod.
>>
>>384083454
Hating the gamepad is objectively stupid because it's held like a normal controller, has the weight of a normal controller, and enhances games like seamless map and inventory in TP HD and WW HD, a 5th player in Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, the platforms people use for crazy shit in the New Super Mario Bros/Luigi U games, off TV play has honestly been a godsend for me several times, among a bunch of other shit. While only being a detriment in the hands of retarded devs like the Starfox Zero ones.
It has objectively better start button positions than the average controller and it's flat surface area makes it the only controller that isn't cancer to claw grip.

Hating the gamepad is bottom of the barrel "it's different so I dont like it REEEEEEEEE" tier opinions.
>>
>>384084690
>forces useless gimmicks in games that don't need them
Amazing how you overlook the one problem that most people have with the handoff.
>>
>>384084883
>Force useless gimmicks in roughly 5 WiiU titles
FTFY faggot.

Unless you seriously consider Mario Maker forcing the tablet gimmick.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.