[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game sucks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: NES_Metroid.png (10KB, 298x240px) Image search: [Google]
NES_Metroid.png
10KB, 298x240px
This game sucks.
>>
i agree
>>
>>384073363
yeah
>>
>>384073363
If you're trying to bait, it's not working. We all agree.
>>
super metroid is really good though, so at least the sequels improved upon the gameplay
>>
It's alright. Not one of my favorite NES or Metroid games but I enjoy speedrunning it since there is no sequence and it's so short. It's more digestible than the later ones and passwords are fuck to dick around with.

You just gotta look past how awkward its mechanics are. The moment to moment gameplay feels pretty bad even compared to other action platformers on the NES.

I'll never understand how people get so lost though. Most of the game is hallways that lead to dead ends that connect to central shafts that act as hubs. They're color coded so you can tell which side of Brinstar or Norfair you're in too, and the game world is so small you can get from one half to the other in minutes. You don't need graph paper, just a sense of whether you're going left or right.
>>
Try crawling.
>>
your thread was shit on /vr/ and its shit here

kill yourself
>>
>>384073363

same with zelda 1 desu
>>
This 5 sucks
>>
File: Super-Metroid017.png (282KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
Super-Metroid017.png
282KB, 500x438px
Literally impossible
>>
>>384073363
Castlevania 1 and 3 are great classic Nintendo games, but for Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest, the game designers obviously were not thinking straight.
>>
>play Zero Mission
I wish I was playing Super Metroid.
>Play AM2R
I wish I was playing Super Metroid.
>Play Super Metroid
Now that's the shiiiii
>play Metroid 1
I'm not having fun anymore
>>
>>384073363
>This game sucks.
not as much as ur mum lmao
>>
>>384073363
that's why they remade it as zero mission

play zero mission op, it's really good
>>
>>384074639
This guy's right. Get out of here, faggot.
>>
>>384073363
Only play the original Metroid if you have played Metroid Zero Mission. It isn't a one to one mapping but if you start to memorize where you are and layouts in MZM without looking at the map then the original Metroid is much easier to navigate. It goes from:

>where the fuck do I go

to

>I know I need to go in this general direction
>I think I know where I am

That said, you get pretty boned whenever you die since you always start at a low 22 hp or some shit. It forces you to waste time and farm for energy and missiles.

The original Metroid is just ok. Later games definitely improved the formula.
>>
>>384073363
Yeah it's pretty shit, play zero mission though it's much better
>>
>>384074639
>>384076272
These two are right. Nobody cares about your shit taste.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.