[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like this game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 13

File: 350.jpg (33KB, 350x399px) Image search: [Google]
350.jpg
33KB, 350x399px
I like this game.
>>
Then you might want to purchase and play Skyrim.
>>
It's a fun sandbox game where you loot/shoot stuff for sure, it's like if Fallout and Borderlands had a baby.
>>
Me too.
>>
File: 1498096105537.jpg (53KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498096105537.jpg
53KB, 853x480px
>>384070697
found you
>>
Its a good game but a garbage fallout game.
>>
Yeah, it alright
>>
>>384072031
>It's a good game, just not a good [blank] game.
It's bad and you should feel bad for liking it.
>>
>>384072225
>fitting in: the post
>>
>>384071268
It's only Fallout by title and some names that get thrown around, it's really shittier Borderlands with base building.
>>
>>384072370
>reddit: the post
>>
>>384072565
>reddit: the post
>>
Me too, what mods are your favorite?
>>
>>384072370
>Its a good game but a garbage fallout game.
>i like a game that is generally considered bad so i'll call it garbage whenever anyone brings up my talking about it
>fitting in: the poster
>>
Fallout 4>NV
>>
This is a bot:
>>384072225
>>
File: 1408312759949.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
1408312759949.gif
2MB, 331x197px
It's fun as fuck with mods.

>pip-pad
>reverb and ambience overhaul
>true sound
>cinematic sounds
>enhanced lighting and fx
>spring cleaning
>true storms
>canteens of the commonwealth (great with survival)
>APC home on the move (also great with survival)
>ocdecorator static loot
>longer power lines
>components redone
>retextured water
>cc's improved holotapes
>videos of the wasteland
>nuka-cola bottlecap replacer

-and some other stuff to balance the game and make it prettier.
>>
File: gross.png (159KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
gross.png
159KB, 512x512px
>>384073191
>spring cleaning
>>
>>384073375
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>384070697
That's nice.
>>
>>384073556
Cell bugs and conflicts with practically all mods that edit any cell. Its a compatibility nightmare.
>>
File: 1307471588731.jpg (20KB, 367x547px) Image search: [Google]
1307471588731.jpg
20KB, 367x547px
>>384073375
>not impressing your waifus with a clean settlement
>>
>>384073698
Clean it yourself you lazy nigger.
>>
>>384073160
you're a bot
>>
>>384073945
What do you think that mod does?
>>
>>384074196
It fucks all of the cells up, enjoy your mid to late game 10 fps.
>>
Yeah it's kinda fun with certain mods. I really like the sim settlements one. But fuck does this game run like trash.
>>
>>384070697

I enjoyed the hell out of Fallout 4. Waited almost a year after it launched, bought it on a Steam sale. Played it like 250 hours.
>>
Currently maxing out all the settlement perks and scouring every single location for resources. I'm goiung to max out all the settlements and break Preston's radiant AI quest.
>>
>>384074253
Wrong.

And upgrade your toaster to a toaster oven.
>>
>>384074462
T H E M A D M A N
>>
>>384074673
high charisma builds basically make everything but speech checks go into the toilet. It's a much slower version of what I ususally run for F4.
>>
>All those NVFags who call New Vegas the best fallout game
>All those NVFags who have ONLY played New Vegas
>All those NVFags who allow memes to keep them from enjoying other games in the series
>All those Obsidiots trying to meme Bethesda into a bad game company when they still don't compare to the trash that plagues the industry
Why do these people try so hard to fit in and meme their way through actual discussions of this series?
>>
File: 1250631840672.jpg (11KB, 258x314px) Image search: [Google]
1250631840672.jpg
11KB, 258x314px
Somthing fun to do:

>go to alien crash site
>find the alien in the cave
>criple the gun hand with a weak weapon
>it now cant do shit and but still follows you
>drag the alien as your new buddy around the wasteland
>>
>>384074923
>Why do these people try so hard to fit in

Idk, ask that kid:
>>384072225
>>384072565
>>
>>384074923
>All those NVFags who have ONLY played New Vegas
>All those NVFags who allow memes to keep them from enjoying other games in the series
>Why do these people try so hard to fit in and meme their way through actual discussions of this series?
Actual discussiosn meaning only about 3 and 4 completely disregarding what a drastic turn they took from the original games and what people liked about them?
>>
File: 1335976871055.jpg (29KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1335976871055.jpg
29KB, 200x200px
>BRO TIER
Nick, Hancock, Deacon
>GOOD TIER
Codsworth, Dogmeat, Curie
>MID TIER
Piper, Longfellow, Ada
>LOW TIER
MacCready, Gage, Danse
>SHIT TIER
Strong, Cait, X6
>PRESTON TIER
Preston
>>
Why is it that the vanilla terminals you build have circular monitors that are found nowhere but institute facilities? Shouldn't regular square monitors be used instead by the default builder?
>>
>>384075249
The series took a drastic turn because the franchise moved from the hands of people who make classic rpgs go the hands of people who make first person arpgs. I can understand your distaste for them, but to outright call them garbage is unfair and retarded, especially when you praise a game that is almost exactly like fallout 3 except for its story.
>>
File: EnhancedCompanions.jpg (396KB, 1142x1278px) Image search: [Google]
EnhancedCompanions.jpg
396KB, 1142x1278px
The better Nick mod looks fantastic, so do the gorgeous companions one. I don't think there's any mod that makes the ladies look pretty, but this one comes close.
>>
>>384075484
Strong deserves a tier below preston

NO PICK LOCK
>>
File: 1256321170151.jpg (20KB, 215x216px) Image search: [Google]
1256321170151.jpg
20KB, 215x216px
>>384076143
>that Cait
And please don't tell me that thing on the right is supposed to be Curie
>>
>>384076361
What's wrong with Curie? You're a homosexual if you don't want to wander the wasteland with a young Blanche from The Golden Girls.

Show me something better.
>>
>>384076531
Her default appearance is better. That picture doesn't fit her voice AT ALL.
>>
>>384075484

>MUH DICK TIER
Curie with her new hot body
>>
>>384075939
>but to outright call them garbage is unfair and retarded
It is completely fair to compare games in the same series.
>especially when you praise a game that is almost exactly like fallout 3 except for its story.
You mean the generally high quality writing, competent world building, use of player stats in dialogue and story progression, continuation of the original series storylines, and multiple unique factions?
>>
>>384074971
Hahaha epic!
>>
File: 1395969996316.jpg (15KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1395969996316.jpg
15KB, 520x678px
>roleplaying as dedicated Minutemen general
>download journal mod
>Austism Mode Activated
>wrote a shitload of in-universe MInutemen intel reports on people/groups/locations
>>
>>384076143
I gotta check out that Nick mod.
>>
>>384076598
You make me sick.
>>
How is it possible that some neckbeard comes up with a better radio model than the devs and actually includes working glowing vacuum tubes in his?
>>
>>384070697
Well, you are wrong.
>>
File: RadioModelReplacer.jpg (156KB, 1187x792px) Image search: [Google]
RadioModelReplacer.jpg
156KB, 1187x792px
>>384077769
Forgot my pic.
>>
>>384076982

Post it
>>
>>384077769
>being so autistic you get mad because a radio model doesn't have glowing vacuum tubes
Does it also bother you that characters' chests don't visible expand as they breathe?
>>
>>384076897
You're implying it just stops at simple comparisons and contrasting aspects. There's literally people, like you, no doubt, who say it's """""objectively""""" garbage tend to take your opinions as fact.
>high quality writing
>competent world building
Opinions, highly debatable. Fallout 3 had some good writing
>use of stats in dialogue and progression
You mean like Fallout 3 had exactly?
>continuation of the original 2
More like
>'member fallout 1? 'Member the nightkin? 'Member the ncr?
It's not a continuation.
>a bunch of interesting factions
Again, opinion. I only find 4 or so interesting. Most of these factually have no depth or exploration beyond a few fetch or kill quests, however.
>>
>>384077997

Why are you in an RPG thread if you hate immersion?
>>
>>384078293
That's kind of a minute detail in comparison to some of the other more important aspects. Just weird that you picked that of all things to complain about.
>>
>>384078634
I take it you're new. Lurk more.
>>
>>384078812
You had nothing to assume that other than your own arrogance and elitism, faggot.
>>
File: 377160_20170715222945_1.png (534KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20170715222945_1.png
534KB, 1280x720px
>>384077906
>>
An anyone explain the quest with the immortal scientists and the haunted mask? It felt like it was supposed to be based off a novel or something.
>>
File: 1384812015657.jpg (15KB, 390x382px) Image search: [Google]
1384812015657.jpg
15KB, 390x382px
>>384079195
And people say you can't roleplay in fallout 4. It's like roleplaying in Hard Mode. Git Gud.
>>
Nuka-World quest line was poorly thought out
>>
>>384078070
>Opinions, highly debatable. Fallout 3 had some good writing
like sewer vampires, little lamplight, and every major settlement in the game? or the president of the enclave being a robot who wants to kill almost every human in the wasteland? or the completely retarded plot device of everyone fighting over the right to turn on the purifier that gives free water to everyone uncontrollably?
>You mean like Fallout 3 had exactly?
Not even close to the extent of NV. How many did it have that weren't just chr/speech?
>'member fallout 1? 'Member the nightkin? 'Member the ncr? It's not a continuation.
Well memed my friend, upvoted! And it is a continuation of the canon ending of Fallout 2 where the NCR becomes a major power and starts expanding.
>Again, opinion. I only find 4 or so interesting. Most of these factually have no depth or exploration beyond a few fetch or kill quests, however.
4 or so interesting factions is better than the brotherhood of white knights who love the wasteland and evil edgy enclave whose president wants to annihilate human life in the wasteland because muh purity even though it was established that FEV is helping humans adapt to the wasteland more quickly and killing off all mutants leaving only pure humans doesn't make sense.
>>
>>384079465
Well I wrote the reports from the perspective of Jezebel, because in my canon she becomes the Minutemen's version of PAM. So a couple of the recommendations are "kill them"/"destroy it" even if Nate wouldn't actually do that
>>
>>384079503
>who wants to kill almost every human in the wasteland?
You mean literally the exact same thing that Richardson wanted to do?
>>
I actually enjoy RP'ing in Fallout 4 and pretend to have small talk with settlers where they actually appreciate me saving them and helping them with shelter and supplies.

>burningshame.jpg
>>
>>384079503
Yeah, there's some more wacky quests and locations in both games, but if you really want to open that can of worms...

-The family weren't actually vampires, they were cannibals who satisfied their urges with blood
-Little Lamplight was a clear reference to lord of the flies
-every major settlement in game, like what? Megaton? The Children of Atom first settled there and established a good foundation for the continued growth of a city. Everyone who moved in afterwards thought they were weird, but had no choice but to settle and thought the nuke was inoperable. Rivet City? An aircraft carrier being used as a safe haven isn't a bad idea at all though.
-If a nigh omnipotent computer with a hatred for humans is somehow a new concept to you, I can tell you don't read very many books.
-humans fighting over control of a resource? GASP!

Fallout 3 had plenty of explosives, intelligence, and stealth checks.

It was already explained how the brotherhood in the East is there and why their goals are so different than the brotherhood in the West. Read more, faggot. As for the Enclave, they've always had a far more radicalized and even crazy view of the end of the world. Why would they want radiated peasants with probably defective genes restarting humanity? There's people in real life that don't want any outside interference from disrupting a sacred gene pool, why does it only now not make sense?
>>
>>384076936
Cringe
>>
>>384079503
>the completely retarded plot device of everyone fighting over the right to turn on the purifier that gives free water to everyone uncontrollably?
I can't believe people still don't understand this. It's not about who gets to turn it on, it's about who gets to control it and claim credit for it. If the Enclave starts it up and starts organizing it being handed out, they get a massive amount of goodwill and recruits. That's what Autumn is after. If the Brotherhood swoops in and takes them out only after they do that, then suddenly they're assholes coming in and disrupting the process for no reason. This is also why Autumn betrays Eden, because Eden is an extremist and wants to use the purifier to kill mutie scum, while Autumn wants to use it legitimately for a hearts-and-minds campaign to bolster the Enclave's strength and reputation so they can set the roots to become a real government rather than a bunch of nebulous weirdos. The Brotherhood is trying to get in there before that happens and, surprise surprise, they wind up becoming the de facto government of the Capital Wasteland by 2287 because they were in charge of the water.
>>
Fun in moments, but the tediousness and mediocrity ruined it after a while.

I think it's worse when a game shows very brief flashes of brilliance; it makes me think of what could have been, if it weren't for Beth's institutionalized arrogance, laziness, and incompetence. A bad game, I can simply forget about. FO4, annoyingly, is promising in parts.
>>
>>384082510
This is a fair analysis. Hopefully they learned from their mistakes
>>
>>384081378
>-The family weren't actually vampires, they were cannibals who satisfied their urges with blood
is that why they magically teach you to heal yourself with blood through some spiritual bullshit?
>-Little Lamplight was a clear reference to lord of the flies
being a reference doesn't make it any less retarded.
>every major settlement in game, like what?
all of them. the way they're built, the lack of infrastructure or government, almost no farming or manufacturing.
>-If a nigh omnipotent computer with a hatred for humans is somehow a new concept to you, I can tell you don't read very many books.
he doesn't hate humanity. richardson wanted to gas all the mutants because he thought they were disgusting and that "real" humans should inherit the world. a machine of pure logic wouldn't come to that illogical conclusion, especially if he knew what fev actually did.
>-humans fighting over control of a resource? GASP!
a resource that can't be controlled at all, it just spews clean water into the area for anyone to grab. unless you poison it like a retard for no reason.
>It was already explained how the brotherhood in the East is there and why their goals are so different than the brotherhood in the West.
a cheap way for writing off how out of character the brotherhood is among other inconsistencies like the capitol being completely out of setting being explained by it getting bombed harder than everywhere else.
>As for the Enclave, they've always had a far more radicalized and even crazy view of the end of the world. Why would they want radiated peasants with probably defective genes restarting humanity?
autumn doesn't even want to destroy humanity and openly disagreed with eden which is why he tries to get you to do it. all he wants to do is turn on the purifier i guess?

i'll give you the skill checks because i genuinely didn't remember them.
>>
>>384082692
Unfortunately the game was a success. They don't need to learn.
>>
>>384081989
There's nothing to take over. All that's in the capitol is a few moderately sized but disconnected settlements of no real value. They were genuinely better off sitting in their techno cave.
>>
You can always tell who the console peasants are because they're the ones constantly bitching about Bethesda games being unfinished.

Get a PC and add mods to make the game better than most of the AAA and indie garbage out there, you pussies.
>>
>>384072660
Not really, i think its a okay game that overall is fun to play, but in terms of what people were expecting its nothing close.
>>
>>384070697
Me too.
>>
>>384070697
Gunplay, power armor, and some select side-quests were really good.

The rest was meh.
>>
>>384082719
you mean like how the cannibal perk heals you, or using blood packs without the perk still heals you? If you need a logical reasoning, perhaps mutated genes lead to some members of the family having the ability of benefiting from hematophagy

>implying a fort full of kids is the most retarded thing I'm a series full of retarded things
A fort of kids hidden away isn't that insane.

If the lack of a patch of corn and a well next to each city is what keeps you from liking the game, I'm sorry but that's terribly uptight. I can make the argument that it isn't even implemented properly in NV

Eden is a machine that is a slave to its programs. It leading to an illogical or unexpected outcome nobody accounted for is basically a staple to the AI trope. Think Sentinels from X-men, who went from killing mutants to killing humans with even the most minor of mutations

So you're telling me the Enclave has nothing to gain from being the ones controlling the very thing that can make or break the wasteland? Power, influence, even trade can all come from it. The other anon that replied to you sums it up pretty well

>A divide between influential leaders as to the route their group should take and what is morally correct is now lazy writing
I think you're just showing your bias. It is a perfectly valid explanation. When a faction gets large and increases it's scope, you're bound to get a schism eventually.

Just another addition to the "Eden arriving at an unexpected conclusion it's designers hadn't intended" narrative.

It's all perfectly reasonable if you think about it.
>>
So how would you fix Nuka World?
>>
I am a die hard Fallout fan and I built a gaming rig basically just to play Fallout 4. By the time I made it to Diamond City about 25 hours in, I was honestly a bit bored. It's a really high quality game and all but... it seems to have lost a bit of that Fallout soul that I fell in love with with the earlier games
>>
>>384085774
I would think the whole story would have to be axed. Raiders are a really stupid idea.
>>
>>384079465
There's also a mod that removes all of the MUH SON lines and stuff of that nature and makes the protag silent so it can be done.
>>
>>384085774
I would make the main plot point not be a straight ripoff off of NV with the main in cryostasis.
>>
>>384070697
Yeah, I liked it too. But it could of been better. New Vegas set up so much new and good stuff that they just threw in the trash for this game. It was an obvious step back.
>>
>download good looking texture mods
>weather mods
>maybe an enb
>reverb audio
>better dialogue
>weapons/armor mods
>radio mods
Almost makes it a great game.
>>
>>384086432
NV's story was just a straight ripoff of New Reno with the man from the grave if you're gonna put it that way.

If anything, i would have liked to see more of NV in 4, because maybe less great stuff like dialogue and skills would get thrown out the window
>>
Playing as an angry dick is more fun than a minuteman moralfag. Cait is best girl
>>
>>384086401
I know, already have it installed. It's called "Start Me Up".
>>
>>384082894
I don't know, there was kind of a lot of loud public feedback that it got boring fast, and even minor fans of the series agreed it lost the rpg elements that made it fun
>>
>>384085774
More original story than just muh raiders
>>
>>384078293
Fallout 4 is not an RPG
>>
>>384089442
Debatable
>>
I got bored of it.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.