[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do they still make educational games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 35

File: 61HF07A4M6L.jpg (79KB, 424x500px) Image search: [Google]
61HF07A4M6L.jpg
79KB, 424x500px
Do they still make educational games?
>>
File: Common-Core-Subtraction-460x613.jpg (41KB, 460x613px) Image search: [Google]
Common-Core-Subtraction-460x613.jpg
41KB, 460x613px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFLleKiAkMU
>>
>>384070925
How the fuck is that supposed to be easier for kids? I never learned common core, it looks like you try to get the number to some multiple of 5 until you are <5 away from the number you subtracted from and then add all those other numbers. I couldn't even type that super coherently, what fucking first grader is having an easier time doing this than just learning how to subtract any digits that are 0 through 9? What will they do when they are older?
>>
>>384071906
do you really think you know better than trained professionals?
>>
Apparently they just got bought by some Chinese publisher. Also, apparently they bought Neopets a few years ago.
>>
>>384071906
I never learned common core either but this is what I taught myself to do in elementary school. I also happened to be the fastest at doing math in my head back then. It felt very natural to think that way. However, I will say that at some point it just becomes faster to memorize that 7 + 8 = 15 instead of thinking (8 = 3 + 5) 7 + 3 = 10, 10 + 5 = 18

But for kids just learning to do math in base 10, thinking in 5s and 10s can be faster.
>>
>>384072212
I guess I can see the reasoning, like that example of 90-33 I'd probably do 90-40+7 =57 in my head, but it's really only useful for small numbers. If you gotta subtract even 687563280 - 973105 or something stupid like that you'd be sitting there all day
>>
>>384072212
If I was a parent and I saw this I'd be throwing a fit over this at the next PTA meeting.
I'd also campaign against whoever is my current schoolboard rep
>>
>>384072871
Yeah, I think it could be like a helpful tool while starting to learn, but I think it should be a supplement to learning the "normal" way. I remember learning the lattice method of multiplication, but it was always just another way of doing it and eventually everyone just did normal multiplication because it's much more efficient
>>
File: louisck.png (9KB, 549x160px) Image search: [Google]
louisck.png
9KB, 549x160px
>>
File: old new.png (28KB, 1282x350px) Image search: [Google]
old new.png
28KB, 1282x350px
>>384072212
>>384070925
It's different but I can see how it's done. I don't know how useful it would be for large numbers, since you'd need to break it down even further, or change the strategy.

>>384073220
Nevermind. Counting actually doesn't look too bad.
>>
File: 61NCVWCKFNL._SX425_.jpg (69KB, 425x461px) Image search: [Google]
61NCVWCKFNL._SX425_.jpg
69KB, 425x461px
I loved this one as a kid.
>>
File: Z0035301.jpg (103KB, 682x900px) Image search: [Google]
Z0035301.jpg
103KB, 682x900px
>>
>>384071906
Be glad you never learned common core. It's shit.
>>
>>384071906
>>384072212
Lmao to all the defenders of this retardation, there were NO empirical studies to show whether common core is helpful or negative on student performance. It was literally just a group of educators (We don't even know how MANY educators participated in its creation), saying what they thought may be good. And from what I know it actually decreases student performance (At least amongst minorities).
>>
>>384076120
Lol I wasn't defending it. I was just saying that yes I do see why they have the idea of doing it this way because I myself sometimes add to make subtraction easier. This hippy dippy bullshit can be taught as a trick for struggling students, and in my non educator position I don't think it can or should be much more than that
>>
>>384075747
Nigga that was my shit
>>
>>384076715
That's the problem, these methods are standardized where practiced. Because DC just can't handle the fact people might be learning racist math :(
>>
File: Straw.png (23KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Straw.png
23KB, 1152x648px
>>384070925
That picture makes it look really dumb. For somethign as easy as that there's like no difference.
>>
Who gives a shit how you learn to do math, whatever works.
Jesus you fuckers will argue about anything.
>>
File: Straw2.png (26KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Straw2.png
26KB, 1152x648px
>>384076946
actually fuck me I did that retarded.
>>
File: 1478450247436.jpg (105KB, 556x649px) Image search: [Google]
1478450247436.jpg
105KB, 556x649px
>>384073220
I have been doing carrying arithmetic in my head since I was in kindergarten and never once did it occur to me that I could try breaking it out into 10's
>>
>let's make math even more complex

Only fucking Rainman and spergs like math in the first place. I'll admit I'm a dumbass but this is just lumping on more bullshit on something most people already hate.
>>
>>384077136
Wow it's almost like Common Core is not only a large LEGAL issues as opposed to just a mathematical one, but it's an entire system built with absolutely no care for seeing if it actually worked, and just LOOKS retarded, to the point where grown adults can't figure out this math. Please fucking kill yourself faggot, this place could use fewer of them.
>>
>>384077395
Dafuq do you mean by legal issues? Someone tried to sue somebody over math?
>>
>>384070558
No, OP, those were a product of the dotcom bubble.
At least I think; that's when most of these companies downsized/went under.

>>384077395
People have complained about learning math since the goddamn Stone age, what's wrong with trying something different?
Of course you wouldn't immediately find it intuitive, you were brought up differently, and probably didn't enjoy your math class either.

Ugh, see? Now you have me arguing about this nonsense.
Just stick to your fucking dayjob.
>>
>>384070925
Why are they using mental math techniques on paper?
>>
>>384077640
Are you retarded? Are you actually so stupid, you've NEVER once heard of the fact that there are legal arguments over common core, over whether the federal government should be forcing states to adopt it? Do you even know what fucking common core is you crackwhore reject?
>>384077758
>Reading comprehension
>This anon
Do you not realize that common is built off of absolutely NO empirical research or study? It was never tested with control groups, it was just made by a group of people and the federal government decided to roll with it. Hell common core has HURT the people it was designed to help the most (minorities). Please go back to plebbit faggot.
>>
>>384077640
the federal government taking over education-
which is a state/local thing- is a huge legal issue
>>
File: math munchers deluxe.jpg (16KB, 340x335px) Image search: [Google]
math munchers deluxe.jpg
16KB, 340x335px
>>384070558
They are probably on websites and mobile apps
made for them, like most licensed games because it is cheaper and easier to do so.
>>
>>384078045
I knew you were a retard before this started.
Only drooling morons scream about "common core," and claim this is "the dirty guvernment comin' to take my calculators."
Common core is just a list of standards. The people you should be attacking are textbook authors, corporations like Pearson, and the people in Texas that decide how those standards get interpreted into curricula.

People move out of state WAY more often than they used to, standards are needed now. No one is trying to turn your kid gay with hippy math, alright?
>>
>>384079358
Wow are you so idiotic, that even when I point out that common core doesn't work you default to the "u jist must be a dumb lolbertarian"! Here's an idea, go back to school and actually learn to read beyond a single starting sentence. I know you can do it, you hvae common core after all! Dumb bitch.
>>
>>384079529
>>
>>384076920
>racist math :(
God please neck yourself. Common core is retarded but wanting to improve kids math scores doesn't make the normal way racist. The way they tried it was just stupid
>>
>>384079358
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/opinion/sunday/the-common-core-costs-billions-and-hurts-students.html

(In case you want to scream the "muh right weeng conspiracy websites card)

And as for this anon
>>384079768
THIS is what I'm referring to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724

Is everyone in this thread that likes common core, so stupid to see its flaws? That would why they support I guess.
>>
File: childhood favorite.png (12KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
childhood favorite.png
12KB, 320x224px
>>
>>384080034
Well duh, trying to cure poverty with different instruction was destined to fail. Poor kids can't learn and no one knows how to fix that.
But what the OPed and you both have wrong is that that's an argument FOR common standards, not against them. Even if I grant the idea that these standards don't work, that doesn't imply that the government is evil and plotting to mind-rape children.
And once again, the standards ARE fine. It's not the government's fault that the people writing the curriculum failed at meeting those standards.
Your rage is misdirected.
>>
>>384081804
>common core is ok because it's ok to have standards no matter how wrong the standards are
what did he mean by this
>>
>>384081804
Are you dense you cannot see, how a feedback loop between government bureaucrats, government funded educators, and government funded schools, would raise the concern of people, when their patented government standard, fails on a national level. It's not an argument "for" common core, because common core cannot work. You cannot build an education, to meet the educational needs of a country the size of the United States. The government then outlining a bunch of standards (Once again, NEVER empirically studied in tandem with schools that didn't have the standards, just implemented), for a country of 300 million people (100 million bigger than the USSR was) with a land area leagues and bounds bigger than western europe, is bound to fail. That's of course not even getting into how education is shit not only in its origin (You can thank the Prussians for that), but development (The feedback loop I mentioned earlier). Please fucking kill yourself already, or go back to r*ddit.
>>
>>384082267
Read >>384082160
This guy wouldn't like it even if it did work, because having standards across two states is black magic to him.
He is clearly morally opposed to federal standards for education, whether they are good or not. Common core not working is just a smokescreen for his larger political statement.
>>384082267
>leagues and bounds bigger
Yeah, and we're communicating across those right now, dingus. If you wanted to fight globalization you're 30 years too late.
And you're essentially pro-anarchy, because how is ANY federal rule, education related or otherwise, going to hold up to your "leagues and bounds" argument?
Unless you're ready to burn down Washington DC over Common Core, you'll need more down-to-earth justifications.
>>
>>384083267
>person posts that the specific standards are the problem not standards in general
>you read that standards in general are the problem
did you go to a common core school?
>>
>>384083715
Not sure we read the same thing, but whatever. Maybe anon will clarify his position for me.
>>
File: Ghost in the Shell What.jpg (28KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost in the Shell What.jpg
28KB, 640x360px
>People complaining about common core
Mathfag here. The whole point of common core (in terms of math) is to help students learn how real mathematics is handled. What do I mean by this? I'll try to explain:

What most of us are used to in math class is learning how to do basic calculations, from solving systems of equations to taking derivatives. These concepts are not intuitive for most people because there's no explanation on what is actually happening. Instead of teaching young students set theory and logic theory to do "advanced" (aka real) mathematics, what mathematicians are doing instead is trying to build different ways to ease a students mind to learn what mathematics is. This is what common core tries to do, which is to teach people that Math is more than just calculating numbers like a human computer, but is actually all about solving puzzles about the behavior of numbers.

Most of the common core mathematics is developed by Mathematicians with PHDs in Mathematics and a bachelors or higher in educational studies. I know a few of these people, and they've devoted their lives to help students around the world with the study of mathematics.

>But why doesn't it work
In the United States, mathematics is the LOWEST scoring subject among almost all citizens. A lot of grade school teachers don't go beyond basic statistics class in Math (pre-req algebra 2) and Junior high/Highschool math teachers only need a Bachelors to teach, which a lot of them actually barely scrape to get (C's get degrees!). Not to mention most people/parents have almost no math skills at all, even the calculation stuff. Summary: You have a bunch of bad mathematicians trying to teach the beginnings of real mathematics to students. It's a cluster fuck right now. Some teachers are able to pull it off, but it's very rare.

The lack of math in our education in general is a giant problem in the United States. I would go as far in saying learning Math opens up the mind more than anything else.
>>
>>384075747
I had every single one of those growing up. I asked for them for Christmas man.
>>
>>384084497
Even IF it was developed by the highly educated people you claim it is (once again doubt, I at least can't find any official numbers as to who worked on it and with what qualifications), I don't give a shit. It was implemented with no empirical research.
>>
>all these posts talking shit about common core math
School isn't supposed to teach you facts, its meant to teach you how to learn. Common core math is litterally how you use math in everyday life when working with money and time already.
>>
>>384070558
No because most of them (like The Learning Company) never figured out how to integrate fun and education properly, so you'd get something fairly simple that would come to a stop every few moments to solve a math or reading problem. Then they flooded the market with CD-ROMs of the same type of shit and crashed the market. Mattel bought the company at its peak but realized that it was trash, and sold it...and today Oregon Trail is owned by the same people that make the textbooks...
>>
Anyone here remember Math Blaster?
>>
>>384081234
>>384091151
>>
>>384078045
No because my school's never taught common core so I had no idea until now. I don't know why you insist on taking such offense to someone trying to learn something so whatever.
>>
>>384070558
How did this version differ from the original
>>
File: Ghandi Civ 5.jpg (61KB, 819x756px) Image search: [Google]
Ghandi Civ 5.jpg
61KB, 819x756px
>>384070558

Yes.
>>
>>384092636
Sorry, I've gotten so used to people on the internet being stupid for stupid's sake, that when I see someone who is actually interested in something I just assume that. If you want a good video here's one I enjoy
https://youtu.be/uq6p_w-1AuE
(Bit long but works)

And a book rec+PDF
http://www.users.humboldt.edu/jwpowell/27806948-Dumbing-Us-Down-by-John-Taylor-Gatto.pdf

Also I'd look into the history of public education itself and come to your own conclusions. The system we use was literally invented in Prussia to train people to be obedient to the state.
>>
This game was fucking horrifying as a kid.
>>
>>384082267
You are without a doubt the dumbest motherfucker posting right now.
>>
>>384093946
At least when I insult people I have courtesy to tell them why they're stupid. You have any justification for that?
>>
>>384094042
What does the size of America have to do with standardized learning guidelines?
>>
>>384094223
Can you not see, how trying to set a standardized precedent, for millions of culturally, academically, ethnically, socially, economically different people, could fail?
>>
>>384094315
No, because none of those have anything to do with learning math.
>>
>>384072871
>10 + 5 = 18
what's the point of being so called fast when you're an idiot?
>>
>>384070558
Those leap frog tablets
>>
>>384094414
>none of those things have to do with learning math
>Being economically disadvantaged has nothing to do with learning math
>coming from a culture that doesn't incentivized logical thinking has nothing to do with math
>Not knowing fucking English has nothing to do with learning math
>Not coming from an environment that even incentivizes learning math, has nothing to do with learning math.

How mouth breathing stupid are you? How dead is your brain from whatever chemicals you've exposed it to, that you can't reason beyond the most basic first step of any chain of logic. Then again you're defending common core so I shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>384079159
ahh shit, this was the best
>>
>>384094645
>knowing English makes you better at math
Literally none of those have anything to do with learning math. And culturally America does inventive those things and economic background has even less so to do with your ability to learn.
>>
>>384070558
Jumpstart grade 3 was actually a really sick game.
>>
>>384095038
>ECONOMIC BACKGROUND HAS EVEN LESS TO DO WITH YOUR ABILITY TO LEARN
Ok fuck off faggot, you can at least hide your bait with some semblance of effort.
>>
hiragana battle
>>
>>384070925
How is that easier for kids than 2-2=0 and 3-1=2?
>>
File: 1461965186282.jpg (336KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461965186282.jpg
336KB, 640x480px
the patrician choice
>>
>>384095149
Explain how being poor affects math.
>>
>>384095364
http://i.imgur.com/oSGjP2f.png

Gee, it's almost like when your daily concerns are "Am I gonna get food or not", your priorities tend to shift away from learning math, you dumb imbecile. How you feel not only obligated, but qualified to pose these questions, shows how fucking dumb you are, and how much you implicitly DO NOT deserve the right to comment on this stuff.
>>
>>384095258
It's intentionally over complicating a problem to make the method look stupid, like Tom Lehrer did with New Math. Common Core math is essentially teaching kids to break down larger numbers into more manageable problems, which is exactly how you use math in everyday life with money and time.
>>
>>384095591
No anon. I asked you to explain it, not post a picture. How does economic background effect a students potential to learn.
>>
>>384095735
Did you even read my post? How do you feel ready to comment on ANY form of education, when you can't read two sentence.
>>
>>384095837
What makes you feel like you should be able to comment on the education system when all you've done is post Facebook mom memes about how common core math is bad because reasons?
>>
File: Z0036657.jpg (179KB, 1023x900px) Image search: [Google]
Z0036657.jpg
179KB, 1023x900px
Step back motherfuckers, I'm only the best Jumpstart game of all time
>>
> Blazing work, Campfire. You have earned the highest rank of - this one's my favorite - DRAGON FIRE!
>>
>>384096309
What name a single fucking "facebook mom meme" I've shared. You just came into the thread and started acting stupid, refused to read anything anyone has presented, and then act smug. Go back to r*ddit bitch boy.
>>
>>384096470
Literally everything you've posted is. You have zero idea about what common core is at all and more than likely don't understand that you already implement what it teaches in your everyday life.
>>
>>384096735
"how can being poor affect your ability to learn"-(You)
>>
>>384096828
Do you not like it because you are still learning math? I'll help you with your homework once summer is over.
>>
File: ).jpg (50KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
).jpg
50KB, 480x360px
>>384096405
Is that the one with Botley????
THATS MY FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>384097397

> tfw you're such an autistic little shit that when you completely bomb a history test you're fully willing to fuck up the fabric of spacetime to make yourself right
>>
File: 1498343347524.jpg (75KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498343347524.jpg
75KB, 640x640px
>>384070558
these edutainment games were literally the hardest fucking games i have ever played. not jump start as much as the ones with the kids exploring the temples and shit. the math required for those was too much for me even now probably. Also the one with the little berry people and the logic puzzles and shit. or the one with the weird island where you have to put your soul into a doll and are transported to a punishment and puzzle dimension where you have to barter your way back to the real world.
>>
File: 51IUGdHB0nL._SY445_.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
51IUGdHB0nL._SY445_.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
I'm torrenting this shit right now

Gonna relive elementary school lads
>>
>>384097932
Isn't the last one the plot to hellraiser 3?
>>
>>384097030
listen bud, you just have no idea what you're talking about
you're so clueless I'm just not going to bother explaining it to you, I'm done here
>>
>>384098275
Oh my God, you actually are 14 aren't you?
>>
>>384098226
Oh no!
>>384097932
Cluefinders 3rd grade, and then...? You lost me.
>>
>>384098275
>>384098335
>Falseflagging this hard
>>
>>384098378
I think the second one was the adventure of the zoombinis or whatever, third one sounds like hellraiser.
>>
>>384098235
>>384098378
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XTTn1hcrfw
secret island of dr. quandary is the hellraiser one

i dont remember the other one with the blueberry guys but they had like random hats and sunglasses and big noses and were just round blue guys with feet.
>>
>>384097932
>the one with the weird island where you have to put your soul into a doll and are transported to a punishment and puzzle dimension where you have to barter your way back to the real world
What game is that?
>>
>>384098406
:))))
I'm starting to around saying stuff like that to some nerds that are really getting into some gay ass arguments
it's fun
>>
File: IMG_20170715_224605.jpg (10KB, 415x127px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170715_224605.jpg
10KB, 415x127px
>>384098406
Nice try faggot.
>>
>>384098547
>>384098542
like anon said it is basically the plot to hellraiser 3 which makes it a perfect plot for a childrens learning game
>>
File: inside the earth.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
inside the earth.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>
>>384098542
The second one was Zoombinis
>>
OH NO
IT'S THE GLOP MONSTER
BLAAARGHAAAAARGHAAAARGHARGH

"I'd like three quarters of... ice. cream."
>>
>>384098683
NIGGA THAT SANDCASTLE BUILDING AND BAT GAME WAS MY SHIT. I USED TO PRINT OUT THE FACES I MADE TOO FROM MY LOCAL LIBRARY AND TAKE THAT HOME. OH MY GOD THE MEMORIES.
>>
>>384098713
damn cool, this is a good thread.
>>
I had one of these educational games, but all I remember about it is it had a gorilla. I think there was a bit with bowling pins, and there might have been a part with some slime or something. I have been trying to find it for years.
>>
File: 1479663005911-v.jpg (29KB, 398x356px) Image search: [Google]
1479663005911-v.jpg
29KB, 398x356px
>>384070558
Fuck the cooking game that summons a shit demon when you mess it up. That shit scars you for life
>>
http://zty.pe/
>>
File: Chopper okay.png (17KB, 202x205px) Image search: [Google]
Chopper okay.png
17KB, 202x205px
>>384096405
>>384097397
I wanted to kiss the demolitionist girl bot, whatever her name was.
>>
>parents bought me pic related one christmas
>had to play this for half an hour if i wanted to get on the internet for half an hour
>just played TF2 when i was suppose to be learning since they didn't actually moniter me
>tfw got on an hour of TF2 everyday
>>
>>384098591
I still falseflagged the guy you were talking to
idk why he thought I made both of those
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
I really want to play this game again but I can't get it to run on my PC.
>>
File: fdfa.png (216KB, 812x594px) Image search: [Google]
fdfa.png
216KB, 812x594px
>>384098226
I made this thing
>>
>>384070925
I don't even get how the new way gives you the answer
>>
>>384102597
Nevermind

But it's still fucking unnecessary
>>
>>384070558

Gizmos and Gadgets was my educational game of choice.
>>
File: tigress.gif (1MB, 480x210px) Image search: [Google]
tigress.gif
1MB, 480x210px
>>384101605
Just get it on Steam.
>>
>>384090674
Houghlin Mifflin?
Rand McNally?
That company in Boston whose name I forget?
>>
File: 1491587472979.jpg (35KB, 234x305px) Image search: [Google]
1491587472979.jpg
35KB, 234x305px
>>384095269
>>384096405
>>384101605
>>384101874
>>384079159
>This fucking thread

Fuckin A-Okay
>>
>>384071906
>How the fuck is that supposed to be easier for kids?
It's not, but it's better payoff since it's faster than doing it the oldschool way. All the smart kids, me included, would end up doing it that way in our heads and be at the top of the class every year.
>>
>>384070925
What the fuck is even happening here?
>>
>>384071906
I understand that it may be easier for some, but it's completely unintuitive and most people are fucking morons.
You're making a generation get confused my simple math.
>>
>>384103749
Faster in what way?
Teaching your kids to be Jeff Goldblum?
>>
>>384070925
>12 + 3 = 15
Okay, but how did that come out of 32 - 12?

>15+5 = 20
Yes, but how did that come out of the equation? Explain reasoning

>20 + 10 = 30
Uhhh...okay?

>30 + 2 = 32
Yes, but what does that have to do with 32 - 12?

>randomly add middle numbers and it just HAPPENS to yield the product

Shit is just like numerology. Throw a bunch of numbers together and arbitrarily invoke different equations and of course shit's going to look like it connects.
>>
>this fucking thread
I NEED THESE GAMES
Shit like this >>384079159 >>384081234
Math Blaster, Oregon Trail, there was one game where you was a fish or some shit, it was an older game because I remember putting the floppy disk in one of those old computers and it would go WHIRRRRRRHRHRHR.
There was a windows game where it taught you about health and the human body and to get to the end you had to get points but you could lose them from shit like this one faggot that would try to make you drink or do drugs, I'd like to play that one again just for the memes but I don't have a clue what it's called it's been so long ago.
And then there's this shit>>384096405
another game I played at school, I thought it was the coolest shit back then and got a copy recently but didn't even really play it, just showed it to my niece and nephew, they didn't care for it much.

>>384098547
It sounds like Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong-Nou
>>
>>384105978
>there was one game where you was a fish or some shit
Freddi Fish.
>>
>>384106052
That's not it m8
>>
File: mathq.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mathq.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>not playing Aladdin Math Quest
>>
File: LeT9bfk.jpg (79KB, 628x471px) Image search: [Google]
LeT9bfk.jpg
79KB, 628x471px
>>384075747
I remember that one too. I remember you needed to collect hieroglyphs and get them translated. I remember the 3rd grade mystery mountain too with botley. I had so much fun since all the other kids got them from school and we all played it and would talk about how much progress we all made.
>>
File: Reader_Rabbit_logo[1].gif (34KB, 390x294px) Image search: [Google]
Reader_Rabbit_logo[1].gif
34KB, 390x294px
Who /reader rabbit/ here
>>
>>384075747
I never beat this but still passed the 4th grade. I kind of want to go back and blow itr the fuck out. Link me to it my niggsa
>>
File: 1478673729023.jpg (41KB, 352x315px) Image search: [Google]
1478673729023.jpg
41KB, 352x315px
>>384096405
>>384097397
>>384103706
>>384106971
I'm surprised to see how many patricians are in this thread
>>
File: adibou.jpg (69KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
adibou.jpg
69KB, 625x415px
that fucking faggot.
>>
>>384108701
>going to the pucblic library with mom
>Didn't have a home computer at the time
>"look anon, they have COM-PÜ-TORZ here"
>A fuckload of kids, all playing educational games, clearly enjoying it
>you needed to book one to use it
>"No anon, we don't have time now, we need to go"
>I was so envious back then, it still hurts thinking about it
>>
>>384108701
i had this french shit
>>
>>384075940
There's an expand dong image in here, but I can't find it.
>>
What was the spooky one where your teacher was a witch that turned all the students into monsters and locked them in her house? I remember there being an awesome pirate ship minigame. You also had to refill your candle every once in a while and that involved going through a labyrinth with a spooky ghost. That ghost fucking terrified me.
>>
>>384070558

Aw, shit nigga, it's the fucking glop monster! The fuck you think you're doing!?
>>
File: Wiki_Welcome.png (133KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
Wiki_Welcome.png
133KB, 625x469px
>>
>>384105861

I think the process is 'take the value being subtracted, add to the nearest multiple of five, if that's not also a multiple of ten, add five to get a multiple of ten, add a multiple of ten to the value so that it is the same value as the ten's place of the value being subtracted from, then add whatever is left in the one's place. Add all of these values together and that is your difference. I have no idea why you would teach a kid to do it this way except as an illustration that subtraction is a reciprocal operation of addition. Still doesn't make sense even then.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.