[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there any reason to you saying that you prefer HALO:CE to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

is there any reason to you saying that you prefer HALO:CE to HALO:2 other than being a contrarian retard who thinks that he sounds smarter and more perceptive by nitpicking certain subtleties in the game that when said out loud will actually make you sound like an asshole dumb piece of shit? I swear to god anyone still supporting this game as the best in the series in 2017 should be shot at sight.
>>
>>384061985
If you can't do that beach attack on legendary without losing a single marine then you aren't a halo fan.
>>
It's anons who have forgotten that half the levels in CE are quite literally comprised of the same room repeating over and over again. The Library is obviously the worst offender.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZfTaoMBkDk

I'll give you halo 2, it was fine. Apparently this fucking series is still going on, must be fresh af
>>
>>384061985
Too bad motherfucker, I'll be a contrarian retard all I want. I prefer CE because 2's story was too cinematic and all over the place and they tried delivering too much and had to cut shit making it feel not as cohesive a final package as CE was.

Also this >>384063687

>>384064009
Halo 2 had a lot of that too though. In fact it had too many levels, it could have slimmed it down to 10 again and nothing of value would have been lost. Shit like Gravemind + High Charity should have been one, shorter level.
>>
3>2>1>ODST>Reach

The rest are N/A
>>
Halo 2 has better multiplayer but Halo 1 will forever have the better campaign
>>
Halo 2 has great multiplayer but the campaign is mostly boring outside of the Earth missions. It's incredibly flawed with the repeated levels but I prefer Halo CE's campaign.
>>
Halo one story on legendary difficulty is the ultimate. Fuck off v users that hate vidya
>>
>pistol nerfed
>dual wielding
>worst online playing experience (lag switchers were cancer)
>story became incoherent, with notable characters such as Gravemind who can teleport Chief and Arbiter because reasons
>bump mapping would pop up halfway through cutscenes, with Chief looking like he's made of putty
>beam sword is gay
>didn't live up to hype
It wasn't a good sequel.
>>
File: 343 guilty spark.jpg (109KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
343 guilty spark.jpg
109KB, 1024x576px
This is the level that really brings Halo 1 together.
>>
>>384061985
1 has a cleaner better story. 2 is messy with lots of levels that one doesn't want to revisit, like all the arbiter levels and all the ones where you're fighting brutes.
>>
>>384065273
too bad it wast he most butchered level out of all the ones in the remaster
>>
>>384064439
>halo 2 story was too cinematic
thank you for proving my argument in the OP. how is "too cinematic" even supposed to be a bad thing? in halo CE all you knew for half of the game was "these motherfuckers are trying to kill us, we better kill them first or else!!!!" most of the story just felt so simple and unidimensional when compared to halo 2, which sheds so much more light on the covenant and why they're doing what they're doing and adds so much more character depth to the covenant. it just felt like a much more fullfilling story as a whole.
>>
>>384067404
Not him, but Halo 1 had plenty enough of revealing the forerunners, the functionality of the halos, the flood and so on. That alone made it a more "fulfilling" story.
>>
File: ODST5.png (824KB, 1138x640px) Image search: [Google]
ODST5.png
824KB, 1138x640px
>>384064978
>Halo one story on legendary difficulty is the ultimate
>t. never survived the Jackal sniper onlsaught that was Halo 2's campaign
>>
File: 4L_AXwyBj5G.png (2MB, 1383x1235px) Image search: [Google]
4L_AXwyBj5G.png
2MB, 1383x1235px
>>384061985
I played both last year.

Halo 1 had huge areas that made you feel insignificant, environments felt refreshing enough (except two levels), and it was overall pretty fun.
Halo 2 is a short, repetitive and overly linear corridor that ends with a cliffhanger.

Halo 3 is just a better Halo 2.

No reason to bait or troll, halo 2 was just the weakest one; that said I didn't play the remaster, so I can't really talk about it
>>
>>384069253
How new is that pic?
>>
>>384064806
>Halo 2 has better multiplayer
fuck no.
>>
>>384069120
halo 2 had assrape difficulty but for the wrong reasons
ce definitely was the most well rounded difficultywise, after 2 though they never made legendary actually challenging again though
>>
File: 4L_FEzKPQKw.jpg (587KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4L_FEzKPQKw.jpg
587KB, 1920x1080px
>>384069501
Dunno, two months?
They added mod support
>>
Halo 3 was the only good one
>>
Combat Evolved has aged like milk.
>>
>>384069253
Didnt the elderwrito get shut down? is it back? How do I play?
>>
>>384065617
The lighting and new techie hallways were too bright for the area to be spooky.
>>
File: 4L_AXTxvnjE.jpg (504KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4L_AXTxvnjE.jpg
504KB, 1920x1080px
>>384073201
https://eldewrito.com/

I recommend getting the Mod Manager as soon as possible
>>
SP
1=2=3>Reach>>>>>>>ODST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4
MP
3>2>5>Reach>>>>>>>>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4
>>384069627
halo 2 at least has more than 1 viable weapon
>>
>>384076029
>i've never played halo ce multiplayer
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.