[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Game Opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 46

File: RNGTA3CLAUDE.png (77KB, 339x367px) Image search: [Google]
RNGTA3CLAUDE.png
77KB, 339x367px
Everyone has their own subjective tastes in games and that can lead to individuals having drastically different preferences. Post your contrarian opinions for games that most people would disagree with.

I would argue that Grand Theft Auto 3 is probably my favorite in the series. Yes, it was the first grand theft auto I ever played but I've also played the others (sans GTA5) and there's something about three that keeps drawing me back to it. It doesn't have a map screen and icons for ammunation and pay and sprays dissapear after a while which forces you to learn the city's layout to an extent. I consider GTA3 the most streamlined of the 3D games with just enough side quests to keep you busy while having a meaty campaign that will take hours to complete.
>Also Claude is my favorite GTA protagonist. Something about his continuious silence makes it easier to place yourselves in his shoes as you are completing missions.
>>
File: Worm.jpg (601KB, 1600x949px) Image search: [Google]
Worm.jpg
601KB, 1600x949px
I enjoyed Jedi Academy more than JEdi Outcast. While I consider Outcast to have the more solid campaign, I adored how much variety was in the missions of Academy. In one mission you'll be racing around a Remnant outpost in the sky coordinating bombing runs while in another you will repair your ship while running from Sand monsters (think tremors but more teeth).
>>
>>384063260
Jedi Academy also had the best multiplayer of all time.
>>
I really enjoy Paper Mario TTYD for a lot of reasons but it suffers heavily from some serious pacing issues throughout the entire game. It's stop start stop start and It's infuriating. The first game is a lot more consistent and I like that it doesn't play up the 'paper' aspect of the visuals.
>>
>>384061749
Was gonna say what you said. I wonder if the people who are so dismissive over it were too young when it came out. It was groundbreaking and all anyone would talk about for months and it was mostly word of mouth. The game that changed everything. For better or worse.
>>
>>384064837
And yea, I can still come back to it any time and it gives me that feeling more than any other one even though I loved vc and sa when they came out about as much.
>>
>>384061749
I don't see the appeal of The Elders Scroll and Souls.
>>
>>384061749
Agree but...

Vice City had more flair
>>
File: 1500075130445.jpg (218KB, 432x735px) Image search: [Google]
1500075130445.jpg
218KB, 432x735px
Two
Halo 3 is one of the best videogames ever made

Pixel shit games can still be good
>>
>>384061749
I unironically considered Battleborn a solid 8/10 game after that winter patch and feel sorry for Gearbox that it tanked so hard.
>>
I loved this game as a kid, but I can't enjoy it nowadays.

Sad, since I like the jazzy, urban and early 00s vibe it has going for it.
>>
>>384061749
>I would argue that Grand Theft Auto 3 is probably my favorite in the series.

This is a very good opinion, it's only unpopular because open world games are still cutting-edge and people have shitty taste in them.

What made GTA3 special was seeming so damn alive, with the police chases being the best mechanic in the game. For an open-world game it was genuinely fucking exciting, the fact that cops could intercept you from so many different streets in this big world.

The sequels didn't expand those genuinely exciting qualities (they've even gone backwards with 4 and 5). I found them too boring, they didn't expand on the first one enough, while I remember being endlessly excited playing the third one.
>>
>>384065752
>I found them too boring, they didn't expand on the first one enough
sorry, I meant the third one
>>
Easy games are more fun than hard games. Balanced games with both easy and hard parts are funner.

I like QTEs, what else are you meant to have? Cutscenes?

Playing without HUDs is the best way to immerse yourself in game.

I like both weeb and Western games.

I don't really mind diversity or politics in video games but only if it's done in good taste.
>>
CoD games are still fun, they're just dragged down by cryptokey/microtransaction chests, lag, and the expensive-ass DLC.

The first Watch Dogs is great. Even if you're bored with the story, you have tons of minigames and the fantastic Online Hacking online mode (which can be played without PS Plus).
>>
>>384067885
*Online Hacking multiplayer mode

The sequel is an absolute abortion. I don't know how anyone can defend it.
>>
I recently finished The Witcher 1 and now I'm playing The Witcher 2... what the fuck just happened? they consolized the game and is just so slow and boring to prepare for a battle and navigate trough the menus, the locking target don't lock the camera on the target, if you get hit in the back you lose A LOT of your health, all the hotkeys on the first game are gone. I'm uncomfortably playing this just to get to the third game
>>
File: ps3-game-6502-ss62.jpg (612KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ps3-game-6502-ss62.jpg
612KB, 1920x1080px
>>384063795
My man!

>>384065187
Don't disagree. I was dissapointed they disable the "trails" for the PC version but some kickass people were able to re-add it as a mod.

>>384065341
My man!

>>384066601
I really like a lot of your opinions.

>>384067885
Black Ops was my favorite COD game of all time. Honestly, almost all of the Treyarch games are top tier and Modern Warfare 1-2 were fucking schweet. And I'm really glad to hear the first Watch Dogs was great. I picked it up when it was free but hadn't gotten around to playing it because of the flack it receives.

Unpopoular Opinion: Bioshock Infinite was a fun game that didn't have the depth of the prior two games but it wasn't trying to be them. It was a solid 10-12 hour campaign with a partner that didn't weigh you down. It was a swashbuckling adventure that didn't quite stick the landing but it had varied combat and on the higher difficulties it was quite fun.

>>384069123
I played the second and shit out after five hours. It just couldn't quite get my attention. Is the first game worth a play?
>>
>>384069123
The third game is overrated as all hell.
>>
File: Shills dont exist!.png (424KB, 1648x365px) Image search: [Google]
Shills dont exist!.png
424KB, 1648x365px
/v/ is the worst board on this site, much worse than /pol/ for many reasons

>uses strawmans and boogeymans in order to pass an argument
>blames literally anyone but themselves when confronted with difficulties
>most boards on this site usually tell shitposters to go back to /v/ instead of /b/. the notoriety already escalated
>it has the most underages in this site
>single-handedly brought tons of newfags to this site thanks to the GG fiasco, which unfortunately also happened close to the fappening, creating an influx of mass newfaggetory invastion to the point moot resigned.
>literally every game, whether its good or bad, is shitposted to death while praising games older than themselves.
>falls for every single viraling marketing thread out there (see pic related, only lasted one day. there was no legitimate interest after the reveal)
>only by a blue moon, /v/ decides to stream kung-pow but usually on a shit streaming site that requires scripts so its almost not worth it
>lots of board culture gets deleted because of newfag mods
>OC threads are almost always wojak edits
>shitpost and waifu threads gets more replies than actual discussion threads
>gave birth to multiple autists that spread throughout the site (quentin, barneyfag, Ruggeral)

that's just off the top of my head, there's lot more
>>
File: witcher-console-05b-1280x720.jpg (717KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
witcher-console-05b-1280x720.jpg
717KB, 1280x720px
Is not a game for everyone, the combat is just 'click on the target and click again at the right time to keep the combo', the animations are shit even for the time the game was released, the pace is slow at the start but at the final chapter it feels really rushed... even so you can tell that CD Projekt really tried to introduce to the rest of the world to the witcher series. You have a lot of story and lore to backup all the things that you do in the game thanks to the journal, if you like to read then you're going to have a good time.

Music is really good too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyG_mnBS6zg
>>
>>384070301 was meant for >>384069228
>>
File: borderlands2.jpg (193KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
borderlands2.jpg
193KB, 1200x675px
Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel are fantastic games ruined by the horrific scaling on higher difficulties. It's not impossible, but it makes certain builds impossible to use and forces you into a play style that isn't exactly the most enjoyable. That isn't to say it can't be fun, but I have to have certain weapons to progress and that fucking sucks.
>>
>>384061749
>Grand Theft Auto 3 is probably my favorite in the series

That's because it's the best one.
>>
>>384070510
I couldn't even play 2's DLC because the enemies were such ridiculous bulletsponges.
>>
>>384070510
Presequel sucks ass
>>
The time limits in the Dead Rising games are fucking retarded.
>>
>>384070012
>it has the most underages in this site
What about /b/ or /pol/?
>>
File: Metroid_fusion.jpg (198KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_fusion.jpg
198KB, 1024x768px
>>384070542
>That's because it's the best one.
I'm actually glad to see this opinion isn't as contrarian as I thought. Everyone always says San Andreas is the best because of the sheer amount content placed in it but 3 was a well oiled machine that keeps drawing me back in. Vice City felt like a happy medium between the two but I loved 3.

>>384070679
I completely understand why you would think that. It did a lot of things wrong but I still found it enjoyable. Borderlands 1 scaling was fucking god tier though.

>>384070728
Completely feel ya on that one. Being able to restart your game with all of your stats is great but that only mitigates a few of the problems.

Alright, super bad opinion incoming. I enjoyed Metroid Fusion more than Zero mission. By a significant margin. I love both, but Fusion was the shit.
>>
>>384070728
I bet you like dead rising 4? The time limit made the game more intense. 4 was ruined it was basically a zombie game with the name deadrisinh attached to it
>>
>>384066601
>I like QTEs, what else are you meant to have? Cutscenes?
This is the most retarded thing I've read in a very long time.
>>
>>384070945
lots of adults

they may be overweight, but they're not kids and teenagers. /b/ is basically facebook for stalkers nowadays

there was a poll on /v/ last september asking how old you are and the top most voted is Under 18
>>
Being moe/ecchi doesn't automatically make a game bad, Atelier Arland was one of the best JRPG series on the PS3, Neptunia games are trashy (but fun) however.
>>
>>384071023
The problem with presequel was 2k australia. The humor and dialog and annoying npc accents turned me off. But the guns in the game are awesome. Havent tried the claptastic voyage yet i imagine its good
>>
>>384071037
I've only played the first three since I've heard nothing but bad things about DR4.
>>
>>384071232
I enjoyed the Atelier games until Sophie, which I didn't like. Neptunia is fucking shit, though. It doesn't even have nice music like the Atelier games.
>>
>>384061749
Souls games are bad games made popular because of their stigma of difficulty.

Realism past a certain point is bad. Arma is an example of a game taking realism to a point where its unfun.

In the case of multiplayer games, it is fair to judge game quality partially on it popularity, if this popularity affects q times. An example of a game I would apply this to is dota. On teh West Coast, its so unpopular q times are adversely affected at any respectable mmr.
>>
>>384071037
DR4 might be good if they didn't try to make Frank into a Chad.
>>
>>384061749
It's 'subjective' is a euphemism for garbage.
>>
>>384070012
I agree with all of these points, but I contend that pol is worse because they actively shit up other boards while v stays self contained. A few weeks back there was a donald Trump general on v that hit upwards of 200 posts before being pruned. You don't see a New Vegas thread on /pol/. /V/ is a shithole, but at least it stays where it's supposed to be.
>>
File: 1482935238720.jpg (79KB, 1030x740px) Image search: [Google]
1482935238720.jpg
79KB, 1030x740px
>>384072013
what if its a /v/ermin making these posts? what if its a redditor? you never know
>>
Warrior Within is my favorite Prince of Persia of the trilogy,the gameplay was way better than the first and the OST was pretty gud Conflict at the entrance is great

>>384069228
>game that didn't have the depth of the prior two games but it wasn't trying to be them
The entire ending sequence disagrees with you
>>
Fire Emblem Fates has layers upon layers of retarded shit in it but I still genuinely had more fun with it than Echoes. Have completed every FE except the original 1 (played Mystery of the Emblem B1 and Shadow Dragon) and Gaiden (Played Echoes)
>>
Splatoon doesn't grab my interest at all. I just want a new F-Zero game.
>>
>>384072387
That Super Fast Racing is the closest you'll get, bud.
>>
>>384061749
I really like MGS 1-4 but I never really found 3 to be that much better than the others
>>
I prefer GTA3/VC to all the ones following them as they maintained the concept of sandbox within their missions as well whereas in all games afterwards, the player is shoehorned into doing missions a specific way for the sake of the missions feeling more cinematic.

I prefer Diablo 3 by far of any other loot hunt ARPG because all its streamlining, optimizing of controls, and various other mechanical tweaks ensures that the gameplay is fun rather than the build planning.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is a fine game outside the base "it feels incomplete" flaw everyone throws at it. Sure outside maybe one or two augs there isn't much difference in how Jensen plays so there is only minor changes here, but it's absurd to call the game no different from HR considering how dense the levels themselves are. It's got one of the if not the most dense level design in gaming where every nook and cranny has a lot to it; stepping up the level design density like this is a much more important change/newer feature than anything that would otherwise be added to an immersive sim since level design is most important.

I vastly prefer God Of War games to the Japanese beat em ups everyone loves here (except maybe God Hand) since it offers a much more diverse experience, and it's equivalent of a rewarding challenge (a max difficulty no upgrade run) requires the most ingenuity out of the player of these games without feeling bullet spongey despite the high difficulty. This way you get a varied game for the most casual of people who want to enjoy the spectacle to people that just wanna mess around with different moves to people that want a hardcore challenge. Also, best third person perspective action camera of all time (...that will be replaced in the new game with the kind of third person camera that all other action games get shit for having.)
>>
>>384072387
Never ever
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/miyamoto_puzzled_as_to_why_anyone_would_want_a_new_f_zero
>>
File: chroma-squad.png (895KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
chroma-squad.png
895KB, 1366x768px
>>384071767
>make Frank into a Chad.
Oh no.

>>384071654
>Souls games are bad games made popular because of their stigma of difficulty.
I haven't played any of them but all I hear is that they are amazing games because they are difficult. Nothing else is ever mentioned and I can't help but wonder if that's all there is too them.

>>384072202
>Warrior Within is my favorite Prince of Persia of the trilogy
WHile I don't agree with that opinion, I completely understand why you would think so.

Unpopular Opinions:
I hated Jazzpunk
I consider Chroma Squad one of the best tactical RPG's of all time.
Ultimate Spider-Man was the best Spidey games hands down.
Hotline Miami 2 is hot garbage and this is coming from someone that beat the game. It forced a playstyle that was the exact opposite of the first and I hated it all the way to the end.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse was the best DBZ game to come out (Havne't played 2 because it would curbstomp my computer).
Fable 3 was fun but severely flawed.
Indigo Prophecy was more fun than Heavy Rain but they shit the bed on the ending.
FFVIII has the best combat system out of all of them.
Mass Effect 2 is my favorite of the series.
I hated the back half of Oddworld Strangers Wrath.
I loved Thirty Flights of Loving
I enjoyed The World is Not Enough more than Goldeneye by a significant margin.
Arkham Origins is my favorite Batman games hands down.

>>384072387
>I just want a new F-Zero game
My man.
>>
File: 1457242408108.jpg (57KB, 548x546px) Image search: [Google]
1457242408108.jpg
57KB, 548x546px
Federation Force is a legitimately good game that's only crime is Metroid faggots treat Other M like the holocaust and refuse to let it go

>m-m-muh soccer
>>
File: 02.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
I didn't think the ending was the worst thing ever made by a human
>>
File: 789234.jpg (138KB, 849x607px) Image search: [Google]
789234.jpg
138KB, 849x607px
I like and enjoy League of Legends and I have for several years
>>
File: ninja-gaiden.jpg (50KB, 400x647px) Image search: [Google]
ninja-gaiden.jpg
50KB, 400x647px
>>384066601
Hard games are fun when they make liberal use of checkpoints, its the reason why Ninja Gaiden is so good, would have been perfect if they didnt boot you back to the start of a level if you fuck up boss fights
>>
I hate final fantasy 7 but love 12.

I also hate classic resident evil,but love everything after 4 Revelations being my favorite.

I think indie games are absolute trash

The ps2 era of survival horror was the best and noting this day comes close

House Lannister is the best and if house stark is your favorite than you're probably a showfag who loves jon and just watch it for the killing and tits
>>
NieR: Automata was inferior to the first game in most regards, and is the most grossly overrated game on /v/ since The Witcher 3. If 2B was not so perfectly designed from looks down to her model Automata would not have gotten as much attentino.
>>
>>384071767
Idk why they wouldnt get the og voice actor to play him again. Plus they made dr4 too easy like no time limit health automatically recharges itself and frank turned into a hipster and they got rid of bosses and added maniacs lol wtf and what pisses me off is the real ending is blocked by a fucking pay wall
>>
999 >>>> ZTD > VLR

Almost everyone in VLR is extremely unlikable and the map traveling sequences and repetition of certain scenes drag down the whole experience. It also features the most boring environment in the series and the whole game is basically just a setup for plot points that weren't delivered on in ZTD. Also that rabbit fucker is just insufferable.
>>
>>384061749
I got 3 back during a steam sale and holy shit did it bring back some nostalgia. It was way ahead of it's time when it came out and after playing some missions I realized why my parents didn't want me playing it when I was young. It was a gritty crime game set in what was modern day new york with some fun stuff added in to help lighten the mood every once in awhile. It was genius.

Also unpopular opinion,
I unironically think STALKER Clear Sky was actually pretty good
>>
Mario Party 5 is the best Mario Party
>>
>>384072013
>v stays self contained

You're retarded, video games are irrelevant, we're talking about the users.
>>
>>384072860
i honestly dont think there is a consensus on which MGS is the best, my personal favorite is sons of liberty but ive seen alot of people leaning towards 1 and 3
>>
>>384076857
Nice leddit spacing and run-on sentence.
>>
Mario 64 has awful controls Mario moves far too slow.
>>
>>384076857

>>384070012 called /v/ the worst board. I have no clue where you got the users quality only thing from.

you're either the retarded one here, a hardcore /pol/fag, or both
>>
All of the assistant characters in Phoenix Wright are stupid and annoying, especially Maya.
>>
>>384075452

Understandable, but I think VLR had the best escape the room puzzles in the series. In terms of aesthetic though it was indeed disappointingly sterile. Also, I liked the rabbit fucker.
>>
>>384077778
I was not replying to him, I was replying to >>384072013

Saying that /v/ doesn't spill because you don't see any video games on /pol/ is retarded. Putting politics everywhere is easy since it can be applied to pretty much everything, but you can't put video games everywhere. When other boards complain about /v/, they don't complain about the video games, they complain about the shitty /v/ mentality that infects them.
>>
I'm not a fan of GTA VC. I like every other GTA with the exception of V. I'm not sure what it is about it. It just doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>384071654
>>384073446

Pretty much everyone who actually likes Souls praises the games for their freeform exploration, level design, atmosphere, meaningful RPG elements and offering the experience of discovering an otherwise lost and unknown world and its history while progressively understanding its mechanics. The difficulty is there largely to gate off areas until you're strong and skilled enough to beat them because you've found good enough stuff.

A good part of the fanbase actively mocks those who praise the series for its difficulty alone and considers them plebeian.
>>
>>384072860
>>384076983
>i honestly dont think there is a consensus on which MGS is the best
Yet the consensus is clear that it comes down to 1 vs 2 vs 3.
>>
>>384078239
>I liked the rabbit fucker.
Why? He's like Monokuma but written by Anthony Burch.
>>
Super Mario Sunshine is my favourite 3D Mario game.

I really don't like Halo 3, but love 1 and 2, the rest are meh to okay.

I play more casual games than "hardcore" games since they take little to no time to get into the zone

I like cartoony games (Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, Wind Waker) more than any other style partly because the visuals never really age, and partly because the developers have more fun with the game and create more interesting worlds.

I hate playing competitive multi-player games, I get nothing from the competition of it all, winning against a CPU has the same feeling for me too.
>>
Zelda is a pretty mediocre IP.
>>
Video games are fun
>>
>>384079152
>freeform exploration
>gate off areas
>>
File: file.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>384079549
>>
>>384079530
I agree, there are some exceptional titles but most of the series is mediocre. Oh boy, can't wait to get to this next boring dungeon to do some block puzzles!!
>>
video games are an art form
>>
>>384079758
The fact that it's not open world nonsense and actually requires you to find ways around things is exactly why the game is good though. If you really want to go through New Londo out of the gate nothing is stopping you.
>>
>>384080157
I mean sure, but being art doesn't mean it's good art. People act like that label somehow elevates a product to being more than it is. Finger paints are art, they're still basically worthless.
>>
The NBA 2k games are genuinely well designed for high level play
>>
>>384079995
That's entirely why the series deserves praise though. Its pointless to play through most of it, because who really gives a shit about going through yet another dungeon in Skyward Sword of Minish Cap?
>>
>>384073446
>Hotline Miami 2 is hot garbage and this is coming from someone that beat the game. It forced a playstyle that was the exact opposite of the first and I hated it all the way to the end.

Agree with you 100%

I actually didn't like Hotline Miami 1 when I first played it - but HM2 made me retroactively like it because HM2 was just that bad.
>>
>>384079995
I'm not trying to be stupid, but which Zelda's would you say are the best representations of the series? I played through Ocarina of TIme and while it wasn't bad, I felt like it could be so much more. Honest question, how would you say Twilight Princess fares against the other titles because one of my friends says it's phenomenal but his taste in games is sporadic.
>>
File: dong.jpg (52KB, 500x855px) Image search: [Google]
dong.jpg
52KB, 500x855px
>I have more fun with Zelda 1 on NES than Link to the past
>F-Zero X has a better style than GX
>3D fighters are shit
>Super Mario World isn't as good as Super Mario Bros. 3
>SNES Doom is alright
>Smash 64 is the best one
>Undertale is fucking boring
>>
>>384080789
basketball is well designed for high level play
>>
>>384061749
liberty city stores is perfect since its basically 3 but not as dated
but 3, vice city and sa had this vibe that none of the other games can match
>>
The older Sonic games would actually be BETTER if they were more "hold right to win"
>>
>>384080906
Twilight Princess is a horrible ripoff of OoT that's inferior in practically every way.

Really, to appreciate Zelda you have to be independently motivated to want to explore the games for their own sake, as that's where the series reveals its greatest jewels. If you didn't care for OoT that much I wouldn't know what to recommend, because MM and WW build off of it while having greater focus on questing and NPC interaction, while the 2D games like LoZ, AoL and Oracle of Seasons are more focused on combat. But really, Zelda it at its best the more freeform and directionless it is, so I don't know what to say unless I understand what about your experience of OoT left you wanting.
>>
>>384061749
>I enjoy playing characters in unorthodox ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkg21XFtJ2U
>>
>>384066601
>Playing without HUDs is the best way to immerse yourself in game.

1000x this. I don't know why visceral was the only developer to realize this.
>>
The "you can climb everything" element of BotW really isnt that fun.
>>
File: file.jpg (147KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
147KB, 640x448px
>>384081451
Sonic Adventure was basically a hold right to win simulator and it was pretty amazing. Still the Chao Garden was the main game to me.
>>
File: 9075832.jpg (20KB, 348x247px) Image search: [Google]
9075832.jpg
20KB, 348x247px
>>384081561
you've shilled your video 6 times today.

stop
>>
File: 610.png (63KB, 314x455px) Image search: [Google]
610.png
63KB, 314x455px
>>384061749
FF IX has the best chocobo mini-quest and best version of the card game in the franchise.

Dunno if its unpopular but I always see faggots shit on IX more than any of the other PSX-era FF games.
>>
>>384081856
It's more fun when it's faster, which makes the climbing gear mandatory for me. The game really needed cosmetic slots.
>>
>>384081884

Every time I play Sonic Adventure 2, I am amazed why they didn't just make only Sonic/Shadow levels. They are clearly the most fun levels. I honestly don't get it: they spent a lot of effort on the Robotnik/Tails/Knuckles/Rouge levels and they are all terrible. Why not make it only Sonic/Shadow levels that are actually really fun to play?

And get ready for this unpopular opinion: the Sonic/Shadow levels in SA2 are superior and more fun than classic Sonic. I would much rather play through levels like City Escape, White Jungle or Radical Highway than any of the levels in classic Sonic. I understand the levels are super easy and you basically just hold a direction to win, but isn't Sonic good because of the audio-visual rush?
>>
>>384082078
*Mini-quest/side-quest
>>
>>384080797
That's because of the amount of polish Nintendo put into their games. There's so much effort put into the games that they're never really unpleasant to play, even if the game is average. I played through most of the Zelda series, I found the games mediocre but I never felt like not wanting to play anymore.
>>
>>384082171
Those levels really are the best, they have amazing atmosphere and music, they'd be worse levels if you needed to do asinine shit because you'd not be able to soak it all in.
>>
>>384082264
>I played through most of the Zelda series, I found the games mediocre but I never felt like not wanting to play anymore.

My experience is the opposite, the weaker titles are pointless to bother with at all, but the best are so far ahead of the rest of the industry it's not funny.
>>
File: THE ORDER 2.jpg (127KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
THE ORDER 2.jpg
127KB, 666x666px
This is the best game ever made. It won't get a sequel.
>>
File: 001.jpg (359KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
359KB, 1600x1200px
Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion
>>
>>384082078
IX is shit on because it's one of the more popular titles, so you get the aggressive opposition to the circle jerk that can occur with /v/ sometimes. It's my favourite from the music to the visual aesthetic, and I'll forever hate Square for throwing out the original backgrounds so we'll never get them in HD.
>>
>>384082769
Unpopular opinions =/= shitty bait
>>
>>384083106
>Implying.
>>
>>384082769
>It won't get a sequel.
That's hardly an unpopular opinion. Try again.
>>
I'm not sure if this is contrarian as much as just potentially overzealous, but IMO Bloodborne is the closest video games will ever come to being art, and will never be surpassed.

It's also the best game ever made, and no developer has ever made a more perfect DLC than the old hunters.

Fuck me I love bloodborne.
>>
ALttP is a fucking terrible game. All of the mystery of the original has been sucked out, and I never liked the controls, the multi directional movement is awkward. Also the game is stunningly ugly, this is not a good looking game, the dungeons are some of the worst looking dungeons of the 16 bit era
>>
>>384083373
see
>>384083106
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
>>384081416
>liberty city stores is perfect since its basically 3 but not as dated
My man.

>>384081543
I think it's just that Ocarina of Time was built up to be the be all, end all of gaming (or at least that's what my friends made it out to be), and I couldn't help but be a little dissapointed. I enjoyed the dungeon exploration but the world didn't feel like an actual living world. Just a set of locations with NPC's dropped in with quests.
I did love Link's Awakening though. Game was cash.
>>
>>384083373
>Mental illness.
>>
Majora's Mask is BY FAR the best Zelda game, and will most likely remain so.

BOTW is boring shit.
>>
File: 1500108403042.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500108403042.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>>384082769
>best game ever made
>sub-par third person shooter that people only cared about because grafix
>>
>>384083774
Playing Ocarina of Time in 2017 is a different experience. Graphics do matter.
>>
>>384083373
*tips fedora*
>>
>>384061749
I think Max Payne 3 has the best gunplay of all time hands down. And it also had the most satisfying and fair Hardest difficulty. Bullets did realistic damage to Max but bad guys weren't just bullet sponges.
>>
>>384083972
I can't fix your broken mind.
>>
>>384079160
"Consensus" is headcannon and confirmation bias.
>>
>>384084040
not him, but the graphics aren't the problem

it's a game that I can imagine was amazing back then but it doesn't hold up today
>>
File: 20170715_201511.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170715_201511.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>384083754
Bitch this ain't bait, this is my fucking life

>>384083802
Yeah.
>>
>>384084294
I was fucking with you. I don't care what you like. I got nothing against Bloodborne.
>>
>>384084292
Exactly.
>>
>>384084292
In what ways does it not hold up? Give it the same graphics and physics engine as BOTW, which do you think would end up being the better game?
>>
I actually really liked DaS2: SoTFS, I don't understand the hate. Yeah there's flaws but I had the most fun out of the 3 in the series simply because of how non linear the world is and the sheer amount of content.
>>
>The Xbox 360 was not a good console. The only reason people fondly remember it is because they spent years of their life playing and replaying Halo 2 for no fucking reason at all.
>Animal Crossing has the most potential out of all of Nintendo IPs and they keep neglecting it for no apparent reason.
>The best games on the PSP were the Yugioh Tag Force games by a large margin.
>I actually like Hearthstone in concept and think it has potential to be even better than MTG with the right people working on it

>>384074313
If you had said
>I liked and enjoyed League of Legends during Season 1
I would have agreed with you. But you didn't, you like the absolute fucking garbage that is modern League of Legends. Anything past season 2 is unacceptable in every fucking way.
>>
>>384084805
Found the gaylord.
>>
>>384084710
It's the only Zelda game I played so I can't judge others. I'm in my mid to late 20s too so it's not a young buck thing, I can still go back and play nes-ps1 era shit for the first time today and love it but OoT was a drag for various reasons. But still, I can respect what it was like at the time.
>>
>>384066601
QTEs are bad because they:
Require you to always have the controller ready during cutscenes, watching for prompts rather than paying attention to the scene.
Take you out of normal gameplay to mash a button instead of using an action you can do normally.
>>
>>384084805
Your first point is widely accepted by normies and /v/. It's no secret Halo carried the xbox, red ring was enough to make it terrible

I agree with the 4th point. I think its a game old blizzard would have made history with, but nu blizzard aped it p2w and rng.
>>
>>384061749
Weeb games are shit.
>>
>>384083774
>I enjoyed the dungeon exploration
OoT is by far my favorite game of all time and I never cared for the dungeons. I went in knowing nothing about it and was just completely blown away by all the possible ways there were to interact with the world.
>>
File: Smug Devil.gif (554KB, 197x182px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Devil.gif
554KB, 197x182px
>>384085372
>>
dark souls 2 is a good game.
>>
>>384085559
I honestly liked it more than DS3
>>
>>384085101
You sound like a casual.
>>
AoE3 is not bad, just different from AoE2.
Also with Asian Dynasties and The Warchief, overall it's a much more pleasant experience with large varieties of faction. The only things that it can't keep up is faction balance.

Not to mention now AoE2 HD got shit balance too.
>>
My list:

>RTS and fighting games are 100 percent going to die. Games that require assloads of learning to play at any decent level will eventually die.
>Dead Rising 2 is the best game in the series
>RE5 coop > RE4 > RE5 Solo
>Super Meat Boy is the best game ever made
>Undertale is a good game
>Story is equal to gameplay
>MOBAs are very fun to play and are typically well designed, with the exception of Smite
>Reddit and 4chan are two sides of the same coin, one relentlessly positive and hiveminded, the the other relentlessly negative and contrarian
>The XBOX will eventually completely fail because all the games quickly make their way to PC
>"The Game" is not nor has ever been funny
>MGR should be vilified for daring to sell a full price game for four hours of gameplay. I am convinced anyone who defends that game is a Platinumdrone and should be ignored
>The best two 4X games in existence are, tied, Civ V with all DLC and Endless Space 2
>MGS2 is the best MGS
>Arkham Knight was a great game
>Friday the 13th the game is just a horrendously overpriced game that's derivative of the vastly superior Dead by Daylight.
>XCOM is overrated
>Graphics DO matter, but things like aesthetics and art design are just as important
>I loathe Dark Souls because the community made popular the idea of responding to criticism of your favored game by crying about how the critic is just shit at it without considering their opinions
>I had way more fun playing Human Revolution than I did playing the original Deus Ex, and I consider the former a slightly better game
>DOOM's story is fucking retarded and I groaned when they introduced Doomguy as some sort of ancient space crusader thing instead of just a dude
>>
File: LORDS OF THE FALLEN 2.jpg (570KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
LORDS OF THE FALLEN 2.jpg
570KB, 666x666px
>>384085559
Try being a Lords fan.
>>
>>384085989
Not him but QTEs are the jump scares of gameplay, cheap facsimiles of what they're pretending to be, gameplay/fear they require no skill or effort. Asura's Wrath is probably one of the only good examples of them I can think of, because it was effectively a minimal interaction movie game.
>>
Gamepad on PC feels so good and right.
>>
>>384086204
QUALITY > QUANTITY
>>
>>384086204
ya
>>
File: map of vice city.png (18KB, 445x565px) Image search: [Google]
map of vice city.png
18KB, 445x565px
>>384061749
aside from radio dialogue, vice city was shit
>>
>>384086241
>Justifying being a shitter.
>>
>>384086204
>Arkham Knight was a great game
Agreed, I actually never had problems with the PC version, but I still refunded it then bought it again 6 months down the line for 1/3 the price with the Season Pass included. It felt good to be the jew for a change.
>>
>>384064992
Elder Scrolls? Yeah.
But you're going to have to elaborate on Souls.
>>
>>384086481
I've never failed a QTE in my life. Did I win your approval Anon-kun?
>>
>>384086697
Liar.
>>
>>384086757
Nah dude, I'm so hardcore that I can press a button when the game says to press it.
>>
>>384086872
Nice meme.
>>
>>384086919
Thanks, I just memed it all for you.
>>
File: 1496719961009.png (194KB, 373x332px) Image search: [Google]
1496719961009.png
194KB, 373x332px
>>384061749
>Being individualistic tastes is contrarian.

You need to stop using words out of context, anon. Someone is going to think you're stupid.
>>
>>384084962
post your opinions then
>>
>>384065341
Halo 3 is indeed the best fps of all time. Too bad 4 and 5 shat the bed
>>
File: image_0.jpg (71KB, 551x1022px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
71KB, 551x1022px
>>384061749
I don't see why 90s era fps games are regarded as the absolute best of the genre. I have played Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Half-life and it's expansions, and Quake, and while I thought they were all good games I honestly didn't enjoy them any more than fps games from after that era and still don't see why so many people claim that nothing has even come close to being as good as some of the ones I listed.
>>
>>384087009
contrarian is a buzzword now and everybody says it here and it's so fucking annoying
i don't think any of them understand the actual definition
>>
>>384086697
Liar,I doubt you hugged Leonardo in your first try
>>
File: 1491061967974 (1).jpg (42KB, 640x705px) Image search: [Google]
1491061967974 (1).jpg
42KB, 640x705px
>dark souls 3 is one of the worst games I've ever played and it amazes me that there are people who says it their favorite.
>not that unpopular here but ffx is terrible and this is coming from someone who has heaps of nostalgia for it
>ffv is the best final fantasy (out of the ones I've played)
>I've never liked gta games
>the new doom would have been good if it wasn't for glory kills stopping the gameplay every five seconds
>>384086757
Its not that hard to believe anon, most qtes are braindead easy
>>
>>384087009
>>384087258
Being a contrarian just means to not accept the popular opinion of something. Not just to inherently to do it for that reason alone.
>>
>>384087132
Most of the people who say they don't come close to newer games in the genre don't actually play the newer games in the genre.
>>
>>384087361
He's failed QTE shit before.
>>
>>384085156
Knights of the Frozen Throne made me legitimately pissed. Knowing that Blizzard is actually going to cop out of making a death knight class by adding those "Hero" cards makes me actually want to kill myself.
>>
>>384071654
I'd add xcom and darkest dungeon to to the list of mediocre games popular because of the difficulty meme as well.
>>384086204
Agree on the 2 sides of same coin and negativity, but 4chan isnt always contrarian. On a lot of games, like fallout, Halo 1-3, BFBC2, and CoD, we find common ground with the majority.
>>384087132
Agreed, doom was the only good one
>>
>>384087361
>das 3
THANK YOU
1/4 of the game is swamp, which, need I remind /v/, is the laziest level design.
>>
>>384083887
I don't think it's BY FAR the best Zelda game, but I do think it's right up there. Also yes, BotW is boring shit.
>>
DMC1 has aged like shit and should never be compared with 3 and 4
Fighting games are boring. 3D fighting games are pure shit
Half-Life 2 is far, far better than 1, thought 1 is a fantastic game.
Fear 1 is shit but 2 is okay,.
GTA is clunky as hell and a general chore to play
Dark Souls is paint-by-numbers dungeon crawler that's only difficult if you're awful at games. The fanbase is dreadful.
Mario 64 has aged like shit but has some nice music.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
>>384087009
Cool story bro.

>>384086204
>>RE5 coop > RE4 > RE5 Solo
My friend ruined RE5 coop with me. We played on the hardest difficulty and he forced me to adopt what we called "the system" throughout the entire game. The system is a practice where you spend one bullet per zombie and anything more would force a restart. He said it would all be worth it as we were amassing magnum ammo like no tomorrow so we could blow away the final boss but that all ended in dissapointment.

Ratchet Deadlocked was my favorite Ratchet game and while it didn't have the story or variety of the previous games I felt it had the best gameplay out of the entire series.
>>
>>384061749

I also think GTA3 is my 2nd favorite (The first goes to GTA:London 1969, a dark overlooked masterpiece) - I also love Claude's constant silence.

I also liked the vehicle designs, it felt very real and NYC, and I appreciated that.
>>
>>384061749
There should be no bans or punishment pool as punishment for leaving/toxicity in games, they should just bring more attention to mute/block features.

I'm not saying these should go unpunished, but maybe reducing xp gain or something would be more constructive.

Quitting/dcing only became an issue on a gameruining scale with mobas, who were the first ones to put large emphasis on player conduct and banned for dcing
>>
>>384061749
I hate Claude, he's a double crosser, cold blooded guy with literally no personality.

Good for a criminal, bad for a character.
>>
>>384088171
I've owned Deadlocked for the better part of a decade and never touched it, I love Ratchet and Clank and even bought a PS3 just for Tools of Destruction, and didn't even regret it.

I don't even know why I neglected it.
>>
File: 1491427508009.gif (379KB, 964x957px) Image search: [Google]
1491427508009.gif
379KB, 964x957px
>Vita has better hardware and software than the 3DS. The only good things on the 3DS are Rune Factory and the EO series -- everything else stagnated to hell and back.
>The PS4 community is pure cancer. Excluding /v/, there are people on other websites and even offline who legitimately believe in what the falseflagging wochads say. They're the most delusional group of fanboys among the big three.
>Nintendo should go 3rd party strictly so 2nd party devs can follow suit.
>Home console games are dying because people are expecting too much. They have 60 teraflorps and 100 mega hurts that they want to utilize, but can't due to a variety of issues causing the game to feel unpolished despite the best efforts of the devs. Too much power is never a good thing., and this sentiment extends to the strength of consoles and PCs.
>Handheld games on the other hand are actually stimulating the creation of small dev groups and indie game makers. Since the price needed to develop for handhelds is drastically smaller, and the power is strong enough to handle most, if not all, indie titles without much effort (without going overboard), the handheld scene has done nothing but good for the creation of games and smaller titles.
>If you cry about loli characters in gaming, (not just disliking the way they look. but legitimately complaining about them due to how "offensive" they may be, or how they're pandering to pedos) then you're more at risk to sexually assault someone than the ones you're worried about. There is nothing wrong with having child characters; it's the ones who believe these creations to be equal to real human beans that we should lock up and euthanize.
>The Switch looks terrible, and people who contribute the lack of proper sales to a shortage caused by Apple are as delusional as PS4 fags who believe the Vita is still holding back games.
>People who brag about owning all the consoles are faggots that enjoy showing off their collection than actually playing games
>>
>>384061749
Shadow of moorrrddurrrrr was garbage.
>>
File: Lets Not.webm (40KB, 952x453px) Image search: [Google]
Lets Not.webm
40KB, 952x453px
>>384088795
Spooky opinion there m8.
>>
Dreamcast was the best console ever.

N64=PS>PS2
>>
>>384061749
GTA V is one of my favorites in the series, only beaten out by SA. I like the others, but not quite as much.
>>
>>384088171
Your friend is incredibly autistic.
>>
>The SJW boogeyman/invasion isn't ruining games.
>Casual games have a place in the community and shouldn't be disregarded.
>Diversity makes games better.
>Overwatch is fun.
>Battleborn isn't that bad and suffered only because it had to compete with Overwatch.
>Both East and West make good games.
>Turn based strategy is the ideal way to play games.
>Sexualization of characters can be good and bad, but it should all be judged on a case by case basis.
>Indie developers saved gaming by providing cheap, creative alternatives to AAA titles.
>Watch_Dogs 2 is good. WD1 is what people thought hackers would be like in the 80s while WD2 is what they're actually like.
>We need more nonviolent games. Simply having that option could expand the medium.
>Visual novels are inferior in every way to interactive stories (i.e. Walking Dead Game).
>>
>>384072152
the exodus goes reddit to pol to v. thats how those dumbasses get here. if someone wants to suck trumps dick enough that hw has to post it on a video game board, its not like hes actively avoiding the trump circeljerk that r/thedonald has set up at pol
>>
>>384088795
Nice novel. I didn't read it.
>>
If you're toxic, you deserve to get banned. It's called basic human decency and it shouldn't go away simply because there's a screen between you and the other players.
>>
>>384089335
Your death would be a reason to celebrate.
>>
>>384089615
Found the cuck.
>>
>>384089648
K.
>>384089717
KK.
>>
File: Sampling your opinion.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sampling your opinion.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>384089335
>>
>>384089335
>Diversity makes games better.
I'm genuinely curious how diversity improves a game's gameplay. Because I personally believe just representing a specific race in a game is an empty gesture and does absolutely nothing to improve gaming as a whole. Not that I'm against it, mind you. I just don't see how it's impactful in anyway.
>>
>>384064539
I'm fairly sure many people also believe this. In a lot of the >that level threads, people will often post chapters from TTYD because in retrospect most of them feel like a chore.
>>
>>384084420
>samefagging and impersonating me
Pathetic, as expected of a Soulsfag.
>>
>>384089927
Some characters should have fucked up teeth. Some characters should be ugly.
>>
>>384090186
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>384089270
Not denying that. He ruined the game for me and made it a chore rather than a fun experience. It was the first Resident Evil I ever beat and afterward I never wanted to touch it ever gain.

I played a bit of Resident Evil 4 and got to Del Lago but had to quit. I was actually really enjoying it but I feared it would do what 5 did and resort to the MC going up against standard mercenaries and I'm not putting up with that.

>>384090186
I have Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition in my steam catalog. Is it worth the install or are there better uses of my time?
>>
>>384090223
>Wasting dev time on teeth and ugly people
>Not putting it towards productive things like actual content

Thanks for ruining games.
>>
File: fable 2 dog.jpg (321KB, 660x451px) Image search: [Google]
fable 2 dog.jpg
321KB, 660x451px
Fable 2 > Fable
>>
>>384090305
I wouldn't recommend it or any of the Souls games. They're all overrated.
>>
>>384090471
Found the Nintendo fan.
>>
>>384090223
Okay. But how does that improve gaming? Especially when stuff like custom character creators exist.
>>
>>384090471
It takes the same amount of time to design an ugly person.
>>
>>384090597
Realism. Immersion.
>>
>>384090305
>>384090528
Dark Souls 1 is legitimately one of the few 10/10s in vidya. Very much recommended. Ignore all the other Souls games.
>>
>>384090619
So you're wanting the pretty person replaced with an ugly person, that's hardly more diverse.
>>
>>384090680
I think that depends on what kind of game you're making. I still don't see how that's making games better, because it's not like people haven't put realistic looking characters in their games before.
>>
>>384090818
Some characters should have fucked up teeth. Some characters should be ugly.
>>
>>384090902
The Last of Us > Super Mario 64
>>
>>384090959
So you want to increase the work load of the developers, which has to come from somewhere, so the gameplay suffers, inch by inch mile by mile.
>>
>>384091103
It takes the same amount of time to design an ugly person.
>>
>>384089927
Mostly from a story and sales perspective. Having that variety of people from different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds can allow the plot to delve into stories not normally seen in games. I know much of /v/ hates him, but Dorian is a good example of this from Dragon Age. In Watch_Dogs 2, there's a funny scene where Marcus and Horatio talk about Horatio being the only black guy at his job and about how, despite being good at his job, he's a diversity hire, so he's not given any challenging tasks.

And, in marketing, it can help expand who looks at the game. Having an Arab hero might push more Arabs to playing games. People like seeing themselves in media.
>>
>>384088795
You're very right about the PS4 community. YouTube comments are evident of this.
>>
>>384091197
So making a pretty person automatically makes an ugly person? No you need to increase the time it takes to design characters, from the concept stage to the ultimate implementation. Publishers wont give them more time to do this so something has to give, i.e. gameplay time.
>>
>>384091313
Every community is shit.
>>
>>384090737
Nah. Fuck off, weeb.
>>
>>384091372
Some characters should be pretty. Some characters should be ugly.
>>
>>384091474
SO MAKING BOTH OF THOSE AT THE SAME TIME TAKES MORE MAN HOURS THAN JUST MAKING ONE OF THEM. Fucking hell you're really retarded, no wonder you have shit opinions.
>>
>>384091372
Characters should be flawed, both physically and mentally.
>>
>>384091618
Character depth is a good thing.
>>
>>384091673
Well then they should base them all off you, it'd be a "diversity" goldmine.
>>
>>384091774
Not an argument. Take your autistic screeching elsewhere.
>>
>>384061749
Overwatch deserves more shit than Battlefront for having less content at launch
>>
>>384091840
>Developers need to move resources away from gameplay content to make characters more relatable to myself!!

Sure faggot, go demand games get less gameplay and more like movies.
>>
We'll never get a Western-themed crpg and realizing that has made me lose interest in any upcoming releases
>>
>>384092054
There's room in the industry for Nintendo shit and real shit at the same time.
>>
>>384061749
As much as /v/ likes to say otherwise, Ocarina of Time is one of the greatest games of all time and has aged very well.
>>
>>384092240
>Everything I don't like is Nintendo

Stop being a child.
>>
File: concern.png (85KB, 228x192px) Image search: [Google]
concern.png
85KB, 228x192px
Survival games and "comfy" sims like AC are just chores: video game edition
Vicky2 is not the best grand strat game, and HOI4 is boring
Sports games are fun, especially for manager mode
Isometric Pause strategy is terrible and should just be buried once and for all
>>
>>384061749
The Two Worlds games honestly aren't that bad. If you don't go in expecting AAA quality gameplay, you'll find two completely playable RPGs. Sure they lack polish, but they're nowhere near as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

The same goes for Risen 1 and Risen 2. I'll agree that Risen 3 is garbage -- but the first two games are both fairly well made. I enjoyed playing through both of them.
>>
I never bothered with The Witcher 3 because I found 1 to play like ass, even if the story was good, and 2 bored me.
>>
>>384092195
Get rich and resurrect Troika Games. Find them one by one on Facebook and Twitter.
>>
>>384092370
You know what I meant.
>>
>>384092645
That you care more about cosmetic aspects than gameplay? Yeah I got it.
>>
>>384092572
This, except I didn't play the second one.
>>
>>384092734
I care about both.
>>
>The 2015 Battlefront is a good game
>Arkham Knight is an excellent game
>NES Punch-Out!! is one of Nintendo's best games
>Far Cry 4 is a great game
>The Last of Us is a decent game with storytellling that is merely competent and unexciting gameplay
>The PS3 was vastly superior to the Xbox 360 in most aspects
>>
>FFXV
It really wasn't that bad, there's alot of hate but I get the feeling the people who are talking shit never played so fuq them
>>
>>384061749
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 isn't THAT bad. Its still bad, but still...
>>
>>384093079
Do you know how to read?
>>
>>384093258
Nobody plays before shitposting.
>>
>>384092865
Do you think Gone Home is a good game, and do you think Super Mario 64 is a good game? Do you think Mario 64 would have been better if Peach was ugly?
>>
>>384093258
XV-Kun does a lot of damage to the game's discussions, he riles up people who think the game is okay by sperging over any complaint until start focusing on nothing but the negative aspects.

I thought the game was okay, but very barren in terms of content and the use of the world, there was one city in the actual play space and even that felt like nothing. The whole map was nothing but rest stops for a population that must sleep in the wild.
>>
>>384093652
I wouldn't play Gone Home. Super Mario 64 is a fantastic game. Nintendo games don't need realism.
>>
File: FC4_KEYART_PACK-610x722.jpg (498KB, 610x722px) Image search: [Google]
FC4_KEYART_PACK-610x722.jpg
498KB, 610x722px
>>384093079
>>The Last of Us is a decent game with storytellling that is merely competent and unexciting gameplay
Thank you for stating this. I enjoyed The Last of us but many of the gameplay decisions were fucking retarded. The fact that I could kill an enemy and other enemies on the complete opposite side of the map would know my instant position even if I moved away was god damn retarded. It literally killed the game for me and I know that's petty but that's the truth.

>>384093079
>>Far Cry 4 is a great game
HAZAH! This was actually the first Far Cry I ever beat and that's after playing 1, 2, 3, and Blood Dragon. For some odd reason for just drew me in with the amount of freedom it gave me for missions as well as having some of the most polished gameplay of the series. The endings were awful but allowed you to do something about it. Anita was a cunt that ruined Kyrat and I let a Tiger eat her ass and afterward pumped 50 or so rounds into her lifeless corpse. Fucking cunt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K97HQZlFoS8
>>
>>384094025
He's probably a huge fucking loser, even by /v/ standards.
>>
>>384093652
>Gone Homo
>>>/leddit/
>>
>>384094214
I don't even like Gone Home, I just wanted to know anon's opinion so that I knew where they stood on what makes a game good, since they're arguing that games are made better/more immersive by having a few ugly characters.
>>
I thought the Tomb Raider reboot was actually pretty damn good.
>>
>>384094682
I got bored.
>>
>>384094513
I answered you. It depends on the game.
>>
>I unironically like DaS2 and prefer it over DaS3 or 1
>GTA IV is better than V overall, sure PS3 graphics looked bad because of the soft blur but you could just play the 360 version clear as day
>Vice City and 3 are the best PS2 GTAs and SA is overrated
>I actually like the exo movement in CoD Advanced Warfare because it changed gameplay massively when the gameplay got increasingly stale, a la Ghosts/Blops 2
>the PS3 was the best console of 7th generation
>Gran Turismo 5 was bad
please shit on my opinions
>>
>>384072013
But New Vegas threads were common in /pol/ when the game was new or even two years after release you fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1494817400692.png (100KB, 251x238px) Image search: [Google]
1494817400692.png
100KB, 251x238px
> I don't really care for RE4 all that much and am forcing myself to play it to see if it gets good
> I think in many aspects DKC3 is the pinnacle of the series
> Undertale really was an EarthBound-like game with all the charm sucked out of it and replaced with Tumblr garbage (YES I DID PLAY IT)
> The N64's controller design was actually pretty decent, especially for the times.
> Modern Nintendo fans are cancerous, you can't criticize the Switch, BOTW, or any other Nintendo game with the Nintendo Defense Force coming out of the woodwork to tell you how wrong you are. Even if it's legitimate/constructive criticism.
> MK64 was the best Mario Kart
> The Wii was a decent console and even better for a homebrew emulation super machine.
> Good Pokémon games ended after GSC. RSE isn't bad but it had a lot of problems and is where the bad stuff begins.
> Original NES games have aged like milk and only a few are still worth playing today (the original TLOZ isn't one of them)
>>
>>384061749
I really like Mother 1. It's one of my favorite Famicom games.
>>
Megaman Starforce is not a shitty Battle Network
>>
File: Leon you pervert!.jpg (124KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Leon you pervert!.jpg
124KB, 1366x768px
>>384096181
If you don't like the village you more than likely won't like the rest.
But just in case-
Reminder that headshots only give a 10% insta-kill chance & a shitty stagger, the TMP is OP, and knee-cap->kick is an ammo saver.
Start mag-dumping & suplexing and you might have more fun.
>>
Vice City is the worst GTA game.
>>
>>384098434
then which was the best?
>>
Going off your post, I hate open world games. When GTA III first came out and my friends were busting their nuts over it I just didn't get it. It looked like shit, it played like shit, and it was """Open World""" so you had the extra tedium of re-walking to every level.
>>
>>384095564
I like a lot of your opinions. Not all of them, but it seems like you got a good head on your shoulders.
>>
>>384098540
Chinatown wars
>>
>>384097143
you had to be there. if they didn't play it at the time they won't like it now. it's been too long.
>>
>>384098745
If it doesn't hurt to ask, which opinions don't you agree with?
>>
>>384098540

San Andreas
>>
>>384086406
You have a way better head on your shoulders than >>384095564 & >>384098745.
>>
File: GTA_San_Andreas_Box_Art.jpg (342KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
GTA_San_Andreas_Box_Art.jpg
342KB, 640x800px
>>384098540
I know he just said Vice City was the worst, but I really really enjoyed it. The map didn't have the complexity of 3 or San Andreas but the atmosphere and mission difficulty were polished to a mirror sheen. Tommy Vercetti was a fantastic protagonist and being able to purchase your own business and accumulate money from them was an excellent touch. I won't say the story was the greatest in the franchise as it was essentially the GTA version of Scarface but to call it the worst is selling the game short. I would call it a happy middle ground between GTA3 and Vice City.

While I said GTA3 is my favorite and consider it is a finely tuned game but doesn't have a quarter of the depth the other games can offer. While I wouldn't say it's my favorite (not for gameplay reasons necessarily but more personal preference), San Andreas was a technical leap in the open world genre that I feel has yet to be matched. The world map was fucking gigantic and all of the islands felt uniquely there own. Of course it didn't look the greatest due to having to render SO MUCH STUFF but in terms of characterization, customization, and world exploration it remains unmatched to this day. GTA4 is a fantastic entry to the series if you're looking for one to jump into but I can't recommend San Andreas highly enough. If you can get over the dated graphics you'll be in for a game for the ages.
>All of this is subjective and I more than understand others preferences for the other GTA games.

>>384098685
I completely understand your dislike for open world games and while I don't agree, I more than get why you would feel that way. What linear games do you really enjoy? Level based games are a dying breed.

>>384099453
As petty as it sounds, i didn't enjoy the Exo-Suit movement because I had just came from Titanfall and considered it more of a gimmick to include "just cause" rather than develop maps to fully take advantage of the new system.
>>
File: 132-Power_Stone-1.jpg (57KB, 360x276px) Image search: [Google]
132-Power_Stone-1.jpg
57KB, 360x276px
>>384099653
Meant to say happy middle ground between 3 and San Andreas. Can't type today.

Unpopular Opinions:
Powerstone 1 didn't have more content than Powerstone 2, but I felt it was the better fighting game by a significant margin.
All of the Assasin's Creed games are awful
>this might just be me playing them at an age where I didn't appreciate them but I always felt the fun to boring gameplay ratio was not in its favor.
Black Mesa sucks. It looks great but I'd rather play the orignal Half-Life
Portrait of Ruin is my favorite 2D Castlevania. That isn't to say the others aren't great, but something about this one connected with me.
Firewatch was a great game if only for the reason that it taught me how to use a map and compass.
Prototype 2 had better gameplay but a worse story.
>>
>>384100253
>Black Mesa sucks
Are you talking about the mod or the standalone? I think the mod version of BM is much better despite not having the Xen levels.
>>384099653
I can definitely see why you'd think that, a few of AW's base maps didnt seem to take advantage of the new movement, its almost as if they were designed as boots-on-the-ground maps.
>>
>>384099653

>he

I am a woman.
>>
>>384100592
I'm gonna add to this, the mod has decent graphics despite being relatively buggy, plus its free. in the current release the graphics are more or less the same but overdone, and its hella expensive.
>>
>>384100592
I think I'm talking about the standalone that is listed on the Steam store for 19.99 rather than the mod version. It just doesn't sit right with me but that might just be because I haven't played it long enough to develop an appreciation. The game looks phenomenal and the sound is excellent but it doesn't play as well as I would want and many sections seemed unreasonably bullshit when in the original game is wasn't nearly as hair pulling.

>>384101131
Cool beans. Didn't mean anything by it. Just a habit when typing.
>>
>>384061749
I believe every game has positive and negative aspects about it, and while I may disagree with them, everyones reason for liking or disliking a game is valid, since games are an incredibly subjective media
>>
It's such a shame Undertake has such a bad reputation and so many people here deride it. It's basically >the little things you love in games: the game and I think a lot of people who have written it off would rather like it
>>
>>384101131
Tits or GTFO
>>
>>384101131
Tits or GTFO
>>
Despite how people calling it a boring chore
Rune factory games are quite comfy.
>>
>>384101864
All in all, you would seriously recommend it? I've been looking for a good rpg and this game always fascinated me
>>
>>384101131
tits or gtfo
>>
>>384101131
post dick
>>
Skyward sword was good

Twilight princess was overrated
>>
>>384101131
Cunt. There are no females on the internet
>>
>>384103753

You are scaring her you fucking idiots. Thanks to you people I can't meet a gf here.
>>
Shadow of Mordor's combat was more satisfying than Witcher 3's. Witcher 3's combat also gets boring faster than Shadow of Mordor's, too.
>>
>>384103558
I actually liked skyward sword as well, the motion controls were a but wonky but it really was an enjoyable game.
>>
>>384088795
Some of these aren't unpopular opinions, some are just bad, and some aren't even opinions and are just factually wrong.
>>
>>384103349
I really do but if you're looking for a good regular JRPG it won't fill that itch.
It's very love it or hate it and relies primarily on its characters and playing on your expectations to deliver laughs. It's a love it or hate it thing, so I'd say go for it. It's just that you can really feel how much a product of love it is.
You can imagine how Fox sat down and thought about what the player would try to do at any turn and put in a detail or Easter egg for it.
Maybe download the demo. If you like that, chances are you'll like the full game. Regardless of if you love it or hate it, the OST is recvonended listening, Toby Fox is a great songwriter.
>>
>>384089335
NeoFAG spotted.
Kill yourself fag. You're kind is infact ruining the industry.
>>
>>384104059
>An action game has more action than an RPG
wew lad
>>
>>384061749
Partners in time>Biss>SS>Dream Team=Paper Jam.
>>
>>384104951
Dignifying this with a valid response. lolk. Time to hang myself.
>>
I didn't like Shadow of the Colossus. I thought it was too boring and the colossus fights were too easy, there just wasn't enough happening at once to entertain me.
>>
>>384061749
i actually dug the original mass effect 3 ending in the idea that it left you to think/figure out what happened next, i still hated the pick a color bullshit
>>
The Marioverse has the worst characters ever.
>>
Skimpy outfits, regardless of where you stand on the oversexualization of female characters argument, usually look dumb as fuck.
>>
I want a mad Max game, just better executed
don't follow the movie's story, make something new up or shit, don't make max the protag
>>
>>384093382
Your thoughts on HD as someone who loved the fuck out of 2?(also played some of 3 and loved THUG)

About to leave Steam and the $2 price tag is a no brainer but the dlc wasn't slashed and I don't know if that's leaving too s mh
>>
>>384063260
>>384063795

Movie Battles II mod for JKA is the best multiplayer videogame of all time with the best combat system
>>
>>384072013
The typical edgy contrarian /v/pol/ userbase leaks out of 4chan all the time in general, and every single time it happens it's embarrassing as fuck. People arguing like they're shitposting 4chan on other websites is pure cancer to look at.
>>
>>384061749
GTA 3 is my favorite in the series. I completed it for the first time in 2013. I played it when it came out but didn't like it.
>>
>unpopular opinions

Nintendo was never good. They seemed good back in the day, but all the good games were third party titles.
>>
Kingdom Hearts is the shittiest series basically ever.
>>
>>384111671
I'm actually sort of jealous towards KH fans. They seem to have a franchise that they love to death, which is one less for me, because I've only seen people play the games and they look like the stupidest nonsense that I would most likely never get into.
>>
>>384109065
Yes but the regular one was fun too. Not even just because of the game but because of the community that went full retard and decided that actually killing people in the game was a bannable offense. Was fun as fuck to break the rules.
Also today's games can still learn from that game's melee combat. Everything else so far seemed liked a step down to me
>>
>>384084164
The enemies not being bullet sponges stuck out to me as well. It felt so good to not have just hordes of enemies converge on you with pixel perfect accuracy.

The higher difficulties just make the game more fair and realistic in my opinion.
>>
>>384089335
Nice bait, you had me until watch dogs
>>
>>384061749

I think Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 is the greatest game ever made.
>>
Really enjoyed the last of us, probably because I rarely ever play new AAA games. But I still played it through three times. TLoU multiplayer before they added a bunch of weird shit was the best multiplayer experience I had had for years, too.
>>
Cinematic games are a good medium
see: Yakuza, Metal Gear Solid
>>
>>384103349
I for one found it boring, it's basically just people talking at you and not in a compelling way like I found Lisa to be
But maybe I just wasn't feeling it that day
>>
I thought Halo: Reach was amazing, multiplayer and campaign
>>
>>384061749
Metal Gear Solid V was a return to form for the series and the first GREAT game since MGS3.
>>
>>384101131
And? What is your >>384103349
It s not a miracle of gaming and doesnt deserve the hype(or the hate) it had.
The story is correct but childish sometimes(especially the pacifist final boss interaction)
The characters are interesting and fun to encounter
The music is fantastic it s thé Best thing on the game, it made me save before thé boss just to listen to it again
The gameplay is pretty fun but not to hard except for 2 boss.
The graphics or the overworld is absolutly shit, the sprites during combat are fine

If its on sales buy it, or pirate it if you feel like it
>>
Fuck you ff13 was amazing
>>
I think MGR is a bad game. I like the combat and music, but everything else is trash.
>>
>>384113820
please kill yourself
>>
>>384114175
yep, I'm on /v/ alright.
>>
Telltale games are fun
>>
>>384099653
>gta 3
>more complex map than VC
lol. just because you have 3 small islands it doesn't mean the map is more "complex". fuck just by entering buildings VC wipes the floor with 3.
>>
>>384114115
You're a faggot if you don't like Sam or Armstrong
>>
>>384069123
the third game is overated but still a bit better than 2, 1 is the patricians taste witcher
>>
>>384114869
>literal meme characters
i like em as reaction images on this shit board but don't try and act that they' are well written characters
>>
>>384113820

This is wrong, anon. MGSV by itself was a great 3rd person stealth shooter but if you think it's worth its salt as an MGS, you are delusional. It's really not acceptable as a final MGS, but since it's not the actual finale of the story but just some irrelevant side story, I guess it doesn't ruin the series or anything.
MGS4 has its stupid flaws but that game was made with love to detail and that is what always made MGS special, not its gameplay.
>>
>>384114869
You're an even bigger faggot if you think these are good characters, you fucking 12 year old.
>muh NANOMACHINES SON
>>
Really unpopular opinion coming
There isn't a single game with a good story
Not even Planscape a game which gets praised all the time for it's writing

Most of those stories are laughably bad
Most of the gamers haven't read a book in their whole life so when they play a game that haves slightly different story from the rest of the shit they go "OMG SO DEEPS SO PROFOUND"
Bunch of idiots
>>
>>384115128
>It's really not acceptable as a final MGS
Says who? You.
>irrelevant side story
>finally shows Big Boss as a villain, sets up lots of future events

>MGS4 has its stupid flaws
Damn thing had 4 hours of gameplay. That's unacceptable.
>love to detail
Nigga what? And how is MGSV not full of detail as well?

>what made MGS special, not its gameplay
You are the worst kind of fanboy.
>>
>>384115128
The only thing that makes mgs4 special is how Kojima seemed to hate it's existence but at the same time did stupid shit like Johnny and Meryl's engagement scene.
>>
>>384115334
>unpopular
Maybe on reddit.
>>
>>384115046
>>384115226
>he can't into philosophy
plebs
>>
>>384115402
Even here buddy
>>
>>384115470
>he can't into subtext
God damn, MGR isn't even subtle about it. How can you not spot this.
>>
>>384115470
>Revengeance
>philosophy
kek
>>
I prefer playing Hotline Miami 2 over 1, mostly because going back to 1 I find it too easy, though I can understand why people dislike 2.
>>
>>384115341

We already knew Big Boss would became a villain and we knew about the events that pushed him in that direction since MGS3.

V is copypasted outposts with a few good bases that would have been way more fun as separate mission settings without that open world bullshit.
Also
>Copypasted diamond dogs containers in enemy bases
It's lazy shit.
>>
>>384115881
>would become a villain
Yes, but not how, or what kind of villain. That's what made V unique.

>copy pasted outposts
Nope, and no one is forcing you to capture them.

>open world
completely optional

>diamond dogs containers
Are you really reaching this far? It's not being lazy, it's not wasting time on pointless bullshit.
>>
File: 1465901187199.png (152KB, 308x386px) Image search: [Google]
1465901187199.png
152KB, 308x386px
>>384061749
GTA III is my favorite as well. The atmosphere just can't be beat. Vice City comes close.
>>
The PS3 and Xbox 360 had a superior library of games compared to the PS2.
>>
skyrim is shit , oblivion was shit , morrowind was shit

medal of honor is better than call of duty
>>
File: 42d.jpg (396KB, 2197x2386px) Image search: [Google]
42d.jpg
396KB, 2197x2386px
>>384115334
Silent Hill 2, Dark Souls and Shadow of the Colossus are the only games I know of that I consider having plots that are above and beyond the call of duty in terms of what's needed for a videogame.

I consider a lot of plots good, but most just exist to have a game. Metroid Prime has a good, simple plot, to get Samus on a planet killing aliens, but it's no more important or deep than that. Those other three? Yeah. Those have good plots, that the game depends on and vice versa. Art, man.
>>
>>384118297
i'd like to see you back up this claim.
>>
>>384061749
Rockstar is one of the most overrated developers in the market. All of their games have mediocre gameplay at best, and the only interesting mechanic they've done is the escalating police mechanic. Red Dead Redemption and LA Nior would be better as linear games instead of open world ones, the only reason they stuck open world is because the bulk of Rockstars fans just want to do stupid shit in an open world setting. Prototype is also a much more fun game to dick around in than GTA, hell moded GTAV kind of resembles some shit in prototype.

Halo 2 sucks dick. If you're using the SMG then every gun fight is literally you spamming your gun and charging an enemy until you're within melee range. If you can't get to cover quickly and you have an SMG a sniper or a BR will beat you every single time regardless of how good you are. Sniper also dominates at close range due to the body shot melee combo being fairly easy to execute. The rocket launcher is also probably the most brain dead weapon ever in any fps. The balance was just horrid, and making guns ineffective at range is the worst way to balance a shooter.

The CoD games are alright, but if you enjoy team deathmatch for hundreds of hours then you are genuinley a retarded child. It's literally dice rolls the game mode, every objective mode is superior to it.

Monday Night Combat and SMNC are superior games to Overwatch and had more depth than OW. You got more abilities in SMNC and on top of those you'd also get customization and multiple grabs. The assassin in SMNC was brain dead as fuck though.

CS is a great shooter series with a ton of depth, and the only people who dislike how the recoil works are people who are too stupid to figure it out and can't git gud.

>>384118297
I can't even think of 5 games for each console that are worth getting, that whole generation was bleh.
>>
>>384119176
LA Noire is open world? Damn. Haven't played it, obviously, but I wouldn't have expected that from what I've seen of the game. For what purpose?
>>
Sonic games don't need to be fast
>>
File: 1343941641168.gif (792KB, 275x189px) Image search: [Google]
1343941641168.gif
792KB, 275x189px
Hollow Knight is the best metroidvania I've ever played. Before that I played SotN, AoS, DoS, CotM, PoR, OoE, HoD and all of the 2D Metroids including AM2R. I think the game does everything right. The only great problem with the game is the occasional frame drop. Sad to see the threads are dying because of the shill meme. Can't wait for the dlcs.
>>384119176
>Rockstar is one of the most overrated developers in the market. All of their games have mediocre gameplay at best
100% agree. The gameplay ain't even bad, just mediocre, like you said. Also agree on LA Noire and RDR. I replayed Canis Canem Edit recently. I had fond memories of it, but goddamn the entire fucking game is so streamlined and you're constanlty told what to do in giant bold letters. The game thinks you're stupid. Also disappointingly easy final boss.
>>384116126
>>copy pasted outposts
>Nope, and no one is forcing you to capture them.
not that guy, but I should avoid playing the game because the outposts are shit?
>>open world
>completely optional
too bad the game was designed around that.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.