[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

File: mqdefault.jpg (13KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
13KB, 320x180px
What classes are you guys running?

All White Mage Master Race here.
>>
>>384061625
good ol ff1 party
>>
>you might not be able to leave easily you should make a separate save
>are you sure there's nothing left to do you might want to make a separate save just in case
>you won't be able to return to this for a while you should make a separate save

I appreciate all the warnings but christ let me actually play.
>>
Guys, I think I fucked up. I thought I had made Fran a Time Mage, but I guess at last second, I turned her into Machinist. But I already locked in Balthier to White Mage, and I want one of every class.

Locked in already:
Vaan: Shikari

Balthier: White Mage

Fran: Machinist

Penelo: Monk

Thing is, I'm only barely like 2 hours in. Can I salvage this current set up, or should I legit just restart and not fuck things up this time?
>>
Please stop spamming / reposting this. We actually have a board for that purpose now >>>/vg/

And I don't care for the job system. There was no need to place such restrictions on the game.
>>
Running bushi machinist whitemage Redmage knight in general I have no plan.
>>
Vann - Monk
Balthier - Uhlan
Fran - Machinist
Basch - Knight
Asche - White Mage
Penelo - Red mage
>>
>>384061961
Your party is fine, the game isn't that hard that you need to minmax anyways.
>>
R8:

Vaan======= Knight / Time Mage
Pinelo===== White Mage / Machinist
Balthier=== Shikari / Foebreaker
Fran======= Red Mage / Shikari
Basch====== Uhlan / Monk
Ashe======= Bushi / Black Mage
>>
>>384061625
The input lag's killing me.
>>
File: 1490139786456.jpg (49KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1490139786456.jpg
49KB, 665x574px
What should i do with unusable items?
Should i keep them or sell them?
Also, when i have to Classes/jobs on a character, can it use both abilities/gear from the class?
>>
>>384062046
/vg/ is a board for mentally ill autists to talk about shit no one cares about anymore. This game hasn't even been out a week yet. How about you hide the thread since seeing people posting about video games makes you throw a tantrum? :)
>>
>>384061625
Monk/foebreaker
Blackmage/whitemage
Archer/uhlan
Knight/machinist
Shikari/timemage
Bushi/redmage
>>
>>384062046
you're the same guy who posts the same shit in every ff14 thread on /v/

go be an autist somewhere else
>>
Vaan: Ninja/Monk
Penelo: Red Mage/Black Mage
Balthier: White Mage/Machinist
Fran: Archer/Foebreaker
Basch: Knight/Uhlan
Ashe: Samurai/Time Mage

I think this can work.
>>
>>384064887
he's not alone because i also shitpost on 14 threads because the game is shit.
>>
Do you recommend this game? Just finished FF 7 and I enjoyed it. I'm new to the FF series
>>
File: mcrekt.png (127KB, 413x588px) Image search: [Google]
mcrekt.png
127KB, 413x588px
>>384065464
Yes.
>>
My Penelo is a black mage and she is crushing everything at level ~30, she can already break 9999 by exploiting weaknesses. Now I don't know if I make her a Red Mage as secondary for Ardor or a White Mage/Monk for Holy.
>>
>>384065464
Look at the gameplay first.This game is similar to Xenoblade except positioning doesn't really matter as much.
>>
>>384065464
XII really splits people; some find it boring and other (like me) find it absolutely addicting. Maybe look up a bit of gameplay and see if it looks interesting to you.
>>
Penelo: Black mage/ Red mage
Ashe: Black mage/Red mage

Does this sound good?
>>
>>384063546
There's barely any input lag.
>>
File: chrishansenouttanowhere.jpg (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chrishansenouttanowhere.jpg
432KB, 1920x1080px
Reminder that you can take all the youtube screenshots you want to insinuate a graphical downgrade, but until the Steam version is released, TZA is the absolute best way to play the game aside from the mindboggling letterboxing decision during cutscenes.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCZ2OGOBdLQ
>>
>>384064641
Anyone?
>>
Vaan: Shikari/Uhlan
Balthier: Machinist/Breaker
Fran: Archer/Black Mage
Basch: Samurai/Monk
Ashe: Knight/Time Mage
Penelo: Red Mage/White Mage

Rate me
>>
>Basch: Knight/Machinist
>Ashe: Black Mage/Time Mage
>Penelo: White Mage/Foebreaker
>Vaan: Shikari/Monk
>Balthier: Bushi/Uhlan
>Fran: Red Mage/Archer
I fucked up bad but it's functional.
>>
>>384066147
Most of the stuff with the loot icons should be sold, Teleport Stones notwithstanding (I don't remember if any other items are worth hanging on too).

Yes both Jobs combine into one and can use any abilities and armor from either one without making other abilties/armor mutually exclusive. Any overlap in abilities also only has to be acquired on one board (E.g. Accessories 1 will be acquired on 1 board and will also be unlocked on the other)
>>
>>384065828
>>384065893
Thanks
>>384065664
With that logic all games >92 are good
>>
>>384064641
When you add a second job you get a new board, where licenses shared with the other board need only be bought once and they will be filled in both boards. For example if you buy Accessories 1 in one, Accessories 1 will be filled on the other one too. This applies to lores too so you can't abuse the dual class to get ridiculously broken (you can still get really, really strong by combining equipment/skills/some lores). As for the loot, most of it can be sold, like 99% of it and even if you sell the other 1% it's no big deal. Don't sell teleport stones though, they are useful. Also look up the ingredients for the Tournesol and don't sell those if you happen to get any.
>>
>>384065994
Sure but why repeat the exact same jobs when you can have something different.
>>
>>384066075
Fuck off, who cares about graphics.
>>
Rare game farming is making me miss XI NM's

Why does XIV have to have the most boring and sterile overworld of all time?
>>
>>384066267
How's Penelo: Red Mage/White Mage? I'm unsure if I make her a black/red mage or black/white mage.. basically, ardor or holy.
>>
>>384066616
Not really, that looks ok anon.
>>
>>384066735
The only FF to score higher is IX with 94.
>>
>>384067273
Penelo is outdamaging Basch. Maybe he'll get better once I can buy A FUCKING GREATSWORD, WHERE ARE THEY?
>>
>Dude what if we made literally half the cast be inconsequential to the story
>Dude what if we made multiple cutscenes where the main character has no idea what's going on and just stands in the background while people who matter speak
>Dude what if we made a character who's literally just a random girl off the street with no important qualities outside of an extremely large ass
>Dude what if we made a character with an interesting and nuanced backstory and then only let the player use him in one dungeon, at the end of which he dies
>Dude what if we made a villain who has zero emotional connection to the heroes and doesn't even meet them until the last ten minutes
>Dude what if we took an established setting with a million interesting species and then only included humans and bunny humans as playable characters
>Dude what if we gave the narrator a comical Apu accent
>Dude what if we made a complicated political plot and then ruined it by turning it into standard ancient god shenanigans halfway through
>Dude what if we made a plot where the heroes have almost no impact on what happens until 95% of the way through the story, and they spend their time tromping from one ancient temple to the next
>Dude what if we took everything 100% seriously and had zero levity outside of Balthier and Cid
>Dude what if we wrote all of the dialogue to sound like a Renaissance Fair
>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals
>Dude what if we made a battle system where you set everything up in advance so that you don't actually play the game
>Dude what if we made a level-up system where all of the characters become literally identical in function
>Dude what if we made summons useless except for opening doors
>Dude what if we put all of the interesting and unique content in sidequests
>Dude what if instead of having fun side games like the motorcycle chase and Triple Triad we had nothing
>Dude what if we had really shitty music
>>
File: 1487917604960.gif (455KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1487917604960.gif
455KB, 256x256px
>>384067371
Ocarina of Time is the best game ever because it's the only game with a score of 99.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 is coming in a close second place. You know, clearly the second best game of all time
>>
>>384067445
>dude pasta lmao
>>
File: 1420053428402.gif (200KB, 159x124px) Image search: [Google]
1420053428402.gif
200KB, 159x124px
>>384067445
>Ba'Gamnan isn't a party member instead of Vaan
>Nono isn't a party member instead of Penelo
I want to see a moogle awkwardly swinging a big sword around.
>>
>>384067642
Are you trying to imply that it isn't? Do you even skate, brah?
>>
>>384067835
It was a pretty fun game though
>>
>>384067445
>Dude what if we had really shitty music

This is when you know you are just baiting
>>
>>384067373
In Arcadia.
>>
>>384061961
Fran is fine as a machinist, you can make her a time mage later if you want
>>
Vaan: Knight/Bushi
Balthier: Shikari/Foebreaker
Fran: Machinist/Black Mage
Basch: Archer/White Mage
Ashe: Red Mage/Time Mage
Penelo: Uhlan/Monk

Thoughts? I think this team is pretty strongly optimized except for Penelo, her slots seem a bit weird
>>
What level do you get the second jobs? or is it at a certain amount of LP spent
>>
>>384068641
It's a certain point in the story getting your first esper
>>
>>384068585
I don't understand anybody making Penelo anything but pure mage. She's pretty much built just for that
>>
File: Brickjoke.jpg (98KB, 289x330px) Image search: [Google]
Brickjoke.jpg
98KB, 289x330px
>>384061625
>>
SO FAR:
>Vaan: Shikari
>Penelo: White Mage
>Balthier: Machinist(sucks, but guns are the only thing that fit him)
>Fran: Time Battlemage
>Basch: Knight

WHEN I GET HER:
>Ashe: Bushi

I really wanna make Ashe a black mage, but having her be a non-melee class with bother the fuck outta me. I'm fucking dying without a dedicated class for offensive magic at the moment, how long until characters open up their second class? Also, does Machinist suck forever?
>>
>>384065828
>>384065893
>>384065664
Alright just placed my order. Thanks
>>
>>384068875
Machinist is always a support-ish class but you can make it deal decent damage. You get the second class when you get your first summon.
>>
>>384068585
Basch has shit magic wht would you give him the most important mage. And penelo has the worst strength why would you give her no mage classes
>>
File: FF Zodiac Age.jpg (3MB, 3760x5336px) Image search: [Google]
FF Zodiac Age.jpg
3MB, 3760x5336px
>>384066075
I like how you're probably talking about this comparison me and some anon made which is using PS4 PNGs vs pcsx2 JPGs.

That video has actual cherry picked comparisons though, it looks really bad in the desert area and Rabinastre.
>>
>>384068751
Her magic stat is so good that the magic lores those Jobs give are wasted on her, her magic stat will cap out super early. She is extremely strong as a pure mage (I had her as a black mage when I played IZJS) but there's also value in giving those magic lores to other characters and letting her use her naturally high magic to make the subpar magic on non-mage Jobs stronger. That was my thought in giving her Uhlan/Monk; she'd make the magic that those Jobs learn a lot stronger than anyone else could
>>
>>384068875
Machinist actually gets worse the farther you get bro. That's why you gotta give balthier Uhlan or something with good weapons to make up for it
>>
File: 1481772888070.jpg (52KB, 391x364px) Image search: [Google]
1481772888070.jpg
52KB, 391x364px
I just got the option for giving someone an esper and a second job my team is
Vann - Monk
Balthier - Uhlan
Fran - Machinist
Basch - Knight
Asche - White Mage
Penelo - Red mage
What should I be looking for in a second job? I'm going to make Penelo a black mage, but I'm completely lost with the others.
>>
File: just stop.jpg (70KB, 700x426px) Image search: [Google]
just stop.jpg
70KB, 700x426px
>>384069546
Stop screencapping Youtube videos.
>>
>>384068727
Also what's the recommended level for each esper fight?
>>
>>384069573
Not neccessarily, the advantages machinist has is that its damage ignore defences which is something not so important for the main game but important for side content late game stuff
>>
>>384069715
Can't you read?
>>
>>384070702
Can't you?
>>
File: 49870179_p0.png (200KB, 615x614px) Image search: [Google]
49870179_p0.png
200KB, 615x614px
I made Penelo a Knight/Bushi and now she destroys everything with her retarded samurai sword wielding
>>
r8 and h8

Vaan - Uhlan & Time Mage

Balthier - Monk & Archer

Fran - Black Mage & Samurai

Ashe - Machinist & Red Mage

Basch - Shikari & Knight

Penelo - White Mage & Breaker
>>
"Listen, Basch. Your cage may have no bars but it is still a cage. The eyes of resistance are everywhere."
"Let them watch. I know something of cages."
Ah, the FFT dialogue is back. I forgot about these lines.
>>
>>384065156
>stop liking what i don't like
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.