[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playstation 2 controller slowing down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 41pX2kkg-HL.jpg (23KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
41pX2kkg-HL.jpg
23KB, 500x333px
Has anyone else had the problem of the PS2 controller's left analog stick slowing your character down if you point it around the 2-3 o'clock position? Anytime I try to play any game, this happens, and I have tried 2 different controllers, on 2 different consoles. Its starting to be a lost cause on playing games because if I need to make any sudden movements in game, it either won't read or slows it down to a crawl. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I am planning on just buying a new one.
>>
>>384057653
Probably just your controller due to wear, mine has it's own set of issues like some of the shoulder buttons not working and one button having delayed input. I just got a mint condition ps1 dualshock for free so luckily all of that is solved.
>>
why are you playing PS2 you fucking hobo
>>
>>384058060
Maybe? I was thinking it might be that because it didn't do it the first time I bought the second controller, as it was fresh and crisp. But now its doing the same thing on 2 of my controllers in the exact same space.
>>
>>384058195
Because I A. Like the console, and playing games on it. And B. Not a huge fan of emulating. And even though I do like playing on the PS2, how would that represent my wealth?
>>
PS2 perhiperals have a terrible lifespan. I've had four Gamecube controllers that have been through hundreds of hours of multiplayer abuse and they're still perfectly fine.

Meanwhile, the PS2 controller I only ever used in singleplayer games has sticky analog rotation, shoulder buttons that get jammed, and busted vibration.
>>
>>384059354
Dang, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. So I guess the best course of action is to either find a PS3 that plays PS2 games, or just keep buying controllers eh? Shame, oh well. That or just try my best to not be anal about how the controller works and just play the game.
>>
>>384059656
>That or just try my best to not be anal about how the controller works and just play the game.

It's what I'm doing at the moment. Buying second-hand controllers off ebay is a bit of a gamble. The shoulder buttons don't "click" as nicely as I'd like, but compromise is a necessity. I don't know of any decent third-party controllers that could fill the void, unfortunately.
>>
>>384061250
I feel your pain. Thanks for commenting. I might try and checking out the local thrift shops.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.