[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm making a video game, and I need help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: DARK LOGO (white on black bckg).png (73KB, 2268x2400px) Image search: [Google]
DARK LOGO (white on black bckg).png
73KB, 2268x2400px
Hi. I'm currently making a video game. I cannot tell you what it is about at the moment, but in the part I need help with, the main protagonist just escaped the trap two criminals have made. The criminals left the main protagonist inside an abandoned building and he needs to espace.

Do you have any ideas of what he could find and what they can use them for? Any logic puzzle or something?

Thanks.
>>
>>384035727
Why doesn't he just use the door?
>>
>>384035727
find gun
kill himself
roll credits
>>
>>384035854

He is stuck in an abandoned building and is currently on one of the lowest storeys. The only way out is through a window on the op floor.
>>
>>384036196

He doesn't use guns. He's more like a low-budget vigilante.
>>
Fuck off eva
>>
>>384036306
So why not bust through the goddamn door?
>>
>>384035727

Heeyy is that the Bayonetta 3 logo??
>>
There is a door.
The door has a sign.
The sign says "Only good people can pass".
Next to the door is a table.
On the table is a gun.
Next to the table are a grandmother and a kitten.

That kind of logic puzzle?
>>
>>384036489

No, I made it.

>>384036720

Yeah, something similar could happen. But more about the escaping part first.
I will implement something similar into the game.
>>
So, OP. Think very clearly about what your protagonist does at this moment. You are setting up the tone, theme, gameplay, and structure of your entire game in this level/scene.

If your her is gonna solve a a logic puzzle, your whole game should center around logic puzzles. If he's gonna fight some guys beat-em-up style, that should be the bulk of your game.

It's like in a film - the opening scene sets your tone a lot of the time. In The Matrix, before we see Neo in his 'Ordinary World,' we follow Trinity slow-mo kicking ass and jumping buildings. In Star Wars, we don't meet Luke for 45 minutes! We see the Empire fighting Rebels with laser guns.

In gaming, it is similar. Uncharted find Nathan Drake solving Indiana Jones puzzles in relative safety. Later, the stakes raise tremendously, but that first scene sets the stage. In Super Mario Galaxy, the first stretch before the Observatory gives you a taste of controls, gravity mechanics, and tone.

Your low-busget vigilante sounds cool, but kind of game is he in? Set this up, and play around with it. Make sort of a proof of concept level.

There's a reason big time developers do this - to see what works and what doesn't.
>>
>>384037219

It will be a Point-and-Click game, similar to the style of Hopkins FBI, if you've heard of it.

The vigilante does want to stop crime, but it won't be any beat-em-up type of gameplay.

One of the first parts of the game is to save people from a burning house.
>>
>>384037858
Take a look at the Hector game series, especially part 2. Hector is trapped inside an abandoned building and has to get out. He has a partner on the outside that you can switch to freely.
Warning: very british
>>
>>384038136

My game is located in a city which is BASED on a British city. XD Will check it out.
>>
>>384038348
>XD

Get the fuck out. Reported.
>>
File: 1480305546495.jpg (19KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480305546495.jpg
19KB, 250x250px
>>384035727
>>
>>384038806

I didn't realise my game's logo is a Pokémon!
>>
>>384038806
It's obviously pacman doing a james bond parody
>>
>>384035727
dragon dildo, he can use it to fuck himself
>>
>>384039038

Once you see it, you cannot unsee it.
>>
>>384039219

Could add that to the DLC :D
>>
>>384036439
>Find knife
>Commit Sudoku
>Roll Credits
>>
While I'm here, any delicious traps on this board? I'm looking to hook up.
>>
>>384039551

Clever.
>>
>>384036439
>find rope
>tie noose
>hang self
>roll credits
>>
>>384040406

I mean he has a grapple hook with a rope tied to it.
>>
File: noose.jpg (223KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
noose.jpg
223KB, 800x563px
>>384040521
>>
>>384040813

Thank you for giving me the tutorial, sir (OR lady.)
>>
>>384036306
Jump out of a window?
>>
>>384041076

That COULD happen on the top level of the building, but I meant between that and the start.
>>
Wait until /v/ isn't full of shitposting americlaps and repost your thread if you want a helpful answer.
>>
>>384035727
so the criminals make a deal with the protagonist: they'll release the protagonist in exchange for sexual favors. Since op is a massive fag, there is no other options so you're forced to suck the criminals dicks while taking a dragon dildo up the ass and then the criminals accidentally shove the dragon dildo too far up the protagonists ass which causes internal bleeding and kills the protagonist.
>>
>>384041371
Does only the top level have windows? What's stopping you from jumping out at other floors?
>>
>>384041651

The top level only has an OPEN window, and there are many other windows, but the protagonist has to find clues to shut down a certain machine on the way there, somehow.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.