[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, what did Cagey Inafune actually do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Inafune.jpg (122KB, 795x714px) Image search: [Google]
Inafune.jpg
122KB, 795x714px
Okay, what did Cagey Inafune actually do?
>>
created the mega man
>>
>>384029078

That's a myth.
>>
>>384028963
I think he decided which fan submitted robot masters got to be in the game
he drew Zero and X, too.
Even without his involvment in the first Mega Man, I believe that without him the sequel wouldn't have been greenlit.
>>
File: inafune.png (53KB, 485x293px) Image search: [Google]
inafune.png
53KB, 485x293px
>>
>>384029473
>I think he decided which fan submitted robot masters got to be in the game

I actually don't know who chose them. But after chosen, they were passed to Inafune, who then turned them into proper designs. I know he did thsi for 2, but I don't think he did this for every game.

>he drew Zero and X, too.

He was told to design the new Mega Man. But he came back with some radical design. So he got Hayato Kaji,to design "X", and Inafune turned his design into the new character Zero.

>Even without his involvment in the first Mega Man, I believe that without him the sequel wouldn't have been greenlit.

Inafune was just some artist for 1. Just one dev team member among many. Why would Capcom care what he says? In any case, it was Kitamura who appealed directly to the Capcom Vice-President to get Mega man 2 approved. He went over producer Tokuro Fujiwara's head who had previously blocked the idea of a sequel.
>>
>>384028963
took advantage of kickstarter donors?
>>
He designed Zero, which I'll admit I do like better than X.
>>
Poorly handled MN9, poorly handled all 3 of his companies as shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri4bV3Z186Q, and his company would have died if it werent for Level 5 stepping in. Even then it took them until yesterday for them to release MN9 physical rewards
>>
File: 1498220435414.jpg (14KB, 325x309px) Image search: [Google]
1498220435414.jpg
14KB, 325x309px
>>384028963
He evolved the JUST hairstyle.
>>
>>384030631
>poorly handled all 3 of his companies as shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri4bV3Z186Q, [Remove]

how does that show anything bad?
>>
>>384031043
Admittedly that was a fuck up and me really stretching to find something, but his input seemed really minimal in the video and if it was proof of how he handled the companies, it makes sense that after a while they would slowly crumble and fall apart.
>>
The pagies?
>>
>>384028963
said he'd make a next-gen megaman
plays nothing like old school megaman
but had cool mechanics that might work if they didn't adhere to a strict megaman formula
so it's some abomination of a game
>>
>>384031934

Inafune was hands off with MN9, just letting Inti do their thing after he made the "Concept". That vid likely is the first time he's visited Inti's offices.

He's just an artist. He's pretty clueless when it comes to gameplay.
>>
>>384033991
Dont go blaming inti now they only make great games when on their own
Unless they made the game shit on purpose because they secretly fucking hate inafune
>>
File: anonymous source mn9.jpg (475KB, 1826x1229px) Image search: [Google]
anonymous source mn9.jpg
475KB, 1826x1229px
>>384034213
>Dont go blaming inti now they only make great games when on their own

They actually made the game after Comcept made the designs though. 90% of MN9 is Inti. They just didn't have any idea how to use Unreal and thought programmers weren't needed.
>>
>>384034965
>no programmers
How is that even possible? Must have been some new hires then or some B/leftovers team
>>
>>384034965
He is right that Japan is a hellhole if you live and work there though.
Only ever go as a tourist, never ever consider living there, its miserable.
>>
>>384035414

wat's wrong with it?
>>
>>384035531
Everything, working 20h a day and live in a tiny apartment.
Also as a gaijin you will always be seen and treated as inferior.
>>
>>384034965
>no programmers
>no marketing people
>nothing but idea guys

sounds like a /v/ create your dream game thread
>>
>>384034965
So why didnt they use the usual Inti programmers/staff?
This reinforces my idea that they just hated Inafune and wanted the game to fail.
>>
>>384035974
>So why didnt they use the usual Inti programmers/staff?

They did have programmers on staff, but you may notice that Inti-Creates puts out low resolution handheld games all the time. That's what they do. No one on staff seems to have knew how to use Unreal.

Most of the programmers listed in the credits, have little experience that is listed on Mobygames, and those that do are only 2D game programmers. Like, if you had programmed Mega man 9, and Mega Man ZX Advent, is that gonna give you any experience to deal with Unreal?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/mighty-no-9/credits
>>
>>384036408
Damn really hard to pinpoint who is at fault here, seems like a big mess where everyone fucked up.
Im glad it was on MN9 instead of something else though, and I hope IC learned their lesson.
>>
>>384036408
And also MN9 would have been way better received and scored as a 2D game anyways, the franchise would have not been stillborn and could have gone on to get sequels.
I wonder how Inafune really feels and how many books he will write about it
>>
>>384036912
2D sprite based game*
>>
>>384035694
>Also as a gaijin you will always be seen and treated as inferior.
The people who say this are ugly/weeb bloggers who are inferior anywhere they go

I went as a 6'3" white guy in good shape and got treated like a fucking celebrity. It was tight
>>
>>384036912
>I wonder how Inafune really feels

He seems really narcissistic, so he probably blamed everyone but himself.

>and how many books he will write about it

His book writing days are probably done.
>>
>>384037172
They all hate you behind your back
Also as a tourist they will treat you great as long as you are white, they like to pamper the stupid gaijins so they spend more money
>>
>>384035974
That'd be plausable if it werent for the fact that IC is having problems with Bloodstained again that IGA needed to bring in other teams to help out with development. They clearly cannot into Unreal 3 and struggle making games launch simultaneously on all platforms, so I guess nobody learned from MN9
>>
>>384037372
Oh yeah bloodstained is looking real rough too
>>
>>384037771
IC should really only stick to 2d platformers on handhelds, practically everything else never goes well for them.
>>
>>384037338
Sweet dude. They really took me for a ride when they bought all my drinks at the bar the whole night so I would talk to them.

This one girl really hated me, she keep buying me beers and took me the karaoke room, fooled around, and then paid for the taxi and love hotel after.
>They all hate you behind your back
Maybe a couple Japanese dudes do and are jealous but whatever.

Your whole sweeping generalization of a people show how little you've seen. I went to a university there and the young people were no different than me. I still have friends from other there. You don't know shit nerd.
>>
>>384038561
I have Japanese friends but sure anon if you had a good time thats great, my original point only applied to living there, I said that as a tourist its pretty good.
>>
>>384038561
Chad goes to Japan: the blog.
>>
>>384029078

lol nope he did not
>>
>>384039876
I Chad'd it up for affect but it's still true.

I just get annoyed at how much I see this misinformation. It's true that you'll always draw attention but if you're a normal dude and not a cargo short wearing clown, that attention works in your favor.

Learn how to dress and lose some weight and Japan will be a paradise. So many people that go to Japan are freaks and they blame Japanese culture for people's reaction to them, not their lack of hygiene and autism.
>>
>>384040891
Still completely missing the point I see.
>>
>>384041104
I'm making bigger points than refuting your initial shitpost. I didn't respond to you for a reason.

You think an entire country is racist you fucking moron.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.