[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you still play minecraft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 46

File: minecraft-hero-og.c5517b7973e1.jpg (448KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
minecraft-hero-og.c5517b7973e1.jpg
448KB, 1200x630px
Do you still play minecraft?
>>
>>384028792
Its good if you want to build stuff. I have always dreamed of making my own city.

Its shit in every other regard.
>>
>>384028792
I play it again every year or so when there is nothing else to do. I feel like adding an " end " was detrimental to the experience as a whole though
>>
>>384028792
It's popular so no
>>
I don't have autism.
>>
Every now and then I play it on mobile with friends and it's fun. But once your done building whatever comes to mind it's extremely boring. Literally the same thing and doesn't hold a candle to terraria's mechanics.
>>
I tried it again recently, with Thermal Expansion mods
Forgot how comfy it was
>>
>>384028792
I love building brown bricks in Minecrap. It's the most fun you could possibly have.
>>
>>384029714
take a look at where you are and reconsider
>>
>implying i ever played it
the hi-rez textures, shaders, and other mods can make it really comfy looking though
>>
File: Lever.gif (10KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Lever.gif
10KB, 150x150px
>>
>>384028792
sometimes ill look for new mods and mess around with them
I wish more of them would update past 1.7.10 though
>>
>>384029904
Lol. It depends how you play it, I play it as a medieval pixel game where you can build shit. You upgrade stuff and kill a dragon.

If you play it as... epic pvp super daycare then yeah it's autistic
>>
>>384028792
Yes.
>>
>>384028792
>Not playing Dwarf Fortress instead
>>
>>384030156
this is my favorite part
>>
>>384030156
I want to lick that lever
>>
>>384030156
>>384031338
>>384031443
Let's be fair. Was that actually for kids?
>>
File: bait 2.jpg (150KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
bait 2.jpg
150KB, 500x661px
>>384029904
>a sandbox game where you can build anything, explore or survive nights after nights to either get ton of ressources or for fun
>using the fanbase as an excuse to not play it
inb4, muh shiet graphecs iz ulso ein exkyoose
also nice bait
>>
>>384028792
potential is vastly underutilized by hack devs
>>
>>384034243
Because they know its mostly kids playing it
If it was still wasn't microsoft, it might've gotten more complex and had more industrial type stuff like tekkit.

But really, blame both little autistic kids and microsoft's need to keep it as casual as possible
>>
Maybe come back to it once a year if my partner bugs me about it and repeat the same shit as I always do.
>Carve into mountain to build hilltop fortress
>Build little village below
>Build some offshoot castle
>Map out caves/dungeons and build as mining operations
>Build floating island
>Get bored and stop after two days
>>
File: Channel 4.jpg (71KB, 800x780px) Image search: [Google]
Channel 4.jpg
71KB, 800x780px
>>384029904
>unironically
if you play games ironically kill yourself
>>
BROWN
>>
>>384028792
yes, reminds me of when I had friends
used to host a server for the 3 of us and play custom/story maps. the music still makes me cry
>>
Call me a faggot, but I had a Minecraft YouTube channel for 5 years. Hit 900,000 subs last I checked. Haven't played the game in about two, nor have I done a video, but those videos that are up bring in about $1400 a month.

Minecraft passively supports my lifestyle and pays rent. I can't hate it too much.
>>
File: FfwFoqK7_400x400.jpg (57KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
FfwFoqK7_400x400.jpg
57KB, 400x400px
My cousin has two kids who love Minecraft and Roblox and are fucking terrible at sports and every time I look at them I just get vibes of what my autistic ass was like when I was their age. I want to say something to try to spare them from growing up into autistic adults but I don't even know where to start. Are they a lost cause?
>>
>>384038226
What's the name?
>>
>>384038226
/r/thathappened
>>
>>384038813
So I'm a professional that works with children aged 6-11. I have my degree in Counseling and ministry and I've been working with kids that age for some time.

It is so important to not try and change kids personalities because you don't like them or find them cringey. Kids are gonna be fuckin cringey. You said yourself that they reminded you of yourself when you were that age. They will grow out of it. They need encouragement during this time to both enjoy the things they like and also try new things.

When you discourage a kid from enjoying things they enjoy, you're telling them "who you are as a person is not good enough" and that can fuckin hurt.

We discourage kids from negative behaviors, not perceived negative behaviors.

Instead, try and make alternatives to vidya look more appealing. Be a positive influence and not the source of negativity.

If you like sports, ask a cousin to come hang with you and kick a soccer ball around. Talk with the cousin about what they like and what they enjoy, while boosting their esteem and confidence. You will be encouraging them as an individual but also, in the cousin's head, he will associate soccer with positivity and you with love.

Idk just a thought.
>>
>>384029904
>autistic children
Just children anon. I used to play with my cousin but she went full normalfag already. Meanwhile, I'm still here. She's younger than me too, which is probably the saddest part.
I think my nephew still plays it, but he's like 11 years old. He doesn't seem like he's going to stay autistic either.
>>
>>384039759
>They will grow out of it.
I never grew out of my autism which is why I'm worried for them. It's not like I want them to stop playing video games altogether. It's just that one of my biggest regrets in life is that my parents never encouraged to take part in organized sports. I don't want them to grow up having the same regrets. It's not so much I want them to get into sports for the sake of playing sports, but for teaching them the value of hard work and giving them a competitive drive. They're both doing the Boy Scouts thing though, so I hope they're learning something from there.
>>
nah, terraria's better
>>
>>384043268
It's like you didn't listen to a fucking word he posted. Kill yourself
>>
my girlfriends 8 yo brother does nothing but play this shit on his tablet (douchebag parents)

i don't get it
>>
>>384028792
I tried.
I didn't understand the point.
I played the game obsessively for at least 3 months in beta, and I had a ton of fun.
Am I becoming old?
>>
>>384045734
>I didn't understand the point.
>I played the game obsessively for at least 3 months in beta, and I had a ton of fun.
So you liked it? What's the problem?
>>
>>384029913
/v/ is more dumb than autistic tbqh
>>
>>384028792
waiting for the next expert mode modpack to get my autism gears turning again
>>
>>384028792
I love to build brown bricks.
>>
File: 2017-03-25_18.50.49.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-25_18.50.49.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>384028891
Yeah, all my friends ever want to do is play on shitty servers and blow stuff up with tnt on anything else. I just play single player survival these days and build hugh farms. (pic related)
>>
>>384043268
I wouldn't say my parents forced me to do little league stuff, but I was never really good at it and yet kept doing it every summer. In high school I started running track and cross country because I genuinely enjoyed it. Never missed a single practice and made several friends doing it. Point is you just have to let kids find something they enjoy and then encourage it.
>>
No, im not a manchild.
If i want to fight in a game i play dark souls

The game seems like a waste of time and money at this point.
And given the only people who lets play on it either act or are manchildren in front of a camera acting like autists, It's community is filled with children, sellouts, and beta's from what ive seen.

Sorry, i can't see fun in wacking people with a sword like a stick or building somthing that serves no purpose without mods. And if i have to use mods to make it fin then it's really not fun
>>
File: 1499931543293.jpg (198KB, 1200x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1499931543293.jpg
198KB, 1200x1195px
>>384028792
>still
get out
>>
>>384049351
Also, them graphics are fucked! Ive seen better shit released on the original PS
>>
>>384028792
There's literally nothing wrong with playing modded minecraft
>>
File: 1466429265287.jpg (102KB, 1280x936px) Image search: [Google]
1466429265287.jpg
102KB, 1280x936px
I wish I wasn't so picky about everything I build, but I don't have the talent to realize my ideas. I can't into redstone and all the logic shit either, and I think all the rpg elements are retarded.
I never had any friends to play with either.

I hate my life.
>>
Why is there a seemingly strong correlation between minecraft and autism? I suppose the simplest answer would be that since it's so massively popular, it's only natural that a proportion of players would be autistic. It'd be like claiming there's a correlation between autism and brushing your teeth.
>>
>>384029904
But I play it ironically xD
>>
Only servers I can stand are
2b2t, been playing on it for years and we have loads of bases all over it that still haven't been found.
We've not been on there for a while though.

0tx. Admittedly we haven't been on there for ages. It's a factions server.
We made a faction called 420 and royally fucked with people.
We let people join our faction and teleport in to the base. Little did they know the spawn point for the base was inside an inescapable trap that constantly moves people so they cannot teleport back out because they weren't standing still.
The instant they teleported in, we kicked them out the faction and just left them there to laugh at. Eventually killed them though.
We pissed off this huge faction who spent SO MUCH of their resources trying to creeper-egg bomb our base. We kept claiming land behind us as they blew up the walls to our base, mocking them as we did.
We bankrupt that faction kek SOOOO MAD.

Our own self-hosted server on friends bought server. Not a shitty minecraft server that is, actual full VPS that runs loads of other game servers, a mumble and file server.
Our own server has mods on it.
Fukken Hexxit son.
Equally that hasn't been up for years.
New server up. Not been on it yet.
>>
>>384046651
I liked it years and years ago. Minecraft is kind of old, anon.
>>
>>384050856
>It'd be like claiming there's a correlation between autism and brushing your teeth.
It's the damn fluoride, I tell you.
>>
>>384049456
not a single tendie to be found
>>
was just playing on some tiny 4chan server but it died
>>
Is it strange that I played minecraft just for the exploration aspects? I was never particularly interested in building stuff.
>>
File: 1453117885616.png (763KB, 1312x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1453117885616.png
763KB, 1312x1014px
>>384051306
is this what autism looks like?
>>
>>384052229
Yes. Fun is autism now.
>>
>>384028792
it was really damn fun once I learned an exploit that let me conquer every clan on nearly every server
>>
>play Dragon Quest Builders
>realize I fucking hate Minecraft
>>
>>384052371
Care to share?
>>
>>384052371
I remember we gained admin on a friend-of-friends server.
We created a little base under the bedrock like 3k from spawn.
Not even all that far to be honest.
But it was on the opposite side from where most people were.
We had a teleport that went to that base.
All that was there, really, was a bunch of chests filled with all our precious shit.
At the time, x-ray couldn't see minecart chests, we stored everything in those. Used lava for lighting so there'd be no torches showing up.
>>
File: 1498503021209.gif (991KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1498503021209.gif
991KB, 500x375px
>>384051306
>>
If gameplay and content is all you care about in a game, then Minecraft is just straight up the best game out there. There's so much shit to do, and when things work it's extremely satisfying.
It's also great to AFK once you're late game and have automated everything with AE2 so you can just watch movies and do other things while your base works on its own.
There's no games like it at all, more people should just embrace their inner autism and see how fun it is. Making a comfy wizard base with my friend and learning mods for the first time is probably the best gaming memory I'll ever have
>>
>>384052930
What's the matter, 2intelolgent4u? lel brainlet
>>
>>384052840

Shit like this makes me feel the earliest days of minecraft, when it was a hidden little /v/ gem. Exploring all the broken ass shit of this game was so much fun.
>>
Not really. It's still a comfy game, but I only like to play it with people I know, all the pvp, minigames, etc is full of shit and is only attracting underages and youtubers into minecraft's community.

I used to play on [s4s]'s server but a trap caused drama that turned into a shitfest, and the community basically got separated in two and eventually died out.
I wish traps never happened.
>>
>>384052810
back in an old version, me and my friend found a couple exploits. basically, you could join the game with the persons name, and that was enough for us to kill every big clan and gain a ton of loot. i've never had a more fun experience with minecraft.
>>
>>384053120
forgot this only worked on cracked servers
>>
I miss playing in tekkit servers with my friends. Loved the progression in industrial craft.

Need to set up a server one day and get it going again. I hate all the current mod packs for various though and it's such a pain rolling your own set of mods - last time I got half way through and then couldn't figure out why ic2 wasn't spawning ores.
>>
>>384036473
nobody plays games 'ironically'. people who say they do are liars
>>
File: 1485278464749.jpg (32KB, 313x343px) Image search: [Google]
1485278464749.jpg
32KB, 313x343px
I play it with my younger cousin pretty often. There are a lot of servers with fun multiplayer games.
>>
>>384053109
I know right? Shit was fun.
I remember we found a server with this one mod that let you summon a laser of TNT from the sky.
But it was hooked on to the fire item, something you couldn't obtain normally in game.
But an exploit let you obtain it by transforming data bits of one item to another. Forgot the exact process, there's been loads of them over the years.
We got it and nuked a whole mountain to use for a base. Hilariously enough, we did it in front of the admin, who thought HE did it by accident since he was showing it off to us about 20 minutes earlier. kek

Also the Towny mod.
Finding ways around it was fun. The usual one being TNTing yourself in to the base, or hoping people were idiotic enough to build their bases close to the edges of their claimed land and built JUST outside of it.
Sneaky tunnel later and you're in the base.
We built a whole base inside an enemy base because they left ONE fucking corner of a wall outside of their claimed land ahaha
>>
>>384028792
Gets boring after a while,mods only delay that.
>>
>>384054064
Stop posting, holy shit.
>>
>>384053683
I could never get in to Tekkit.
Felt too grindy.

Also, so much for the fucking mod API.
Remember that? Me neither. Fucking Mojang.
Instead of making the mod API, they made some shit command block system.
I don't think they've even finished the fucking system they were working on that was putting every resource in to a resource pack so you could switch everything out easily and add your own game-modes directly because even the game logic was going to be mod-pack content.

>>384054363
Cry harder you fucking autismo.
>>
>>384028792
I still play adventure maps made on /vg/
fite me.
>>
>>384054809
>tfw Adventure Craft will never get updated past beta 1.7.3
>>
>>384053114
I used to be on a [s4s] Discord, I wish traps and Discord never happened.

What did that guy did it anyway?
>>
Every now and then. Already platnuimed the main game and don't wanna bother with the online Coop mini games BS.
>>
>>384049138
Every time I go months without playing I end up seeing something as beautifully autistic yet achievable as this and want to play again, but never actually open the game again because hunger is such a massive turnoff.
>>
>>384055116
the admin of the server or the trap ?
>>
>>384057142
Trap of the server.
They probably the same person. I remember the [s4s]craft, but I always was to lazy to enter, was it fun?
>>
File: 1478492892834.gif (980KB, 305x320px) Image search: [Google]
1478492892834.gif
980KB, 305x320px
>enjoy playing minecraft
>vanilla is just fine because I just want to build some stuff
>fine with it being blocky and being restricted by the amount of blocks in vanilla
>put up a server
>friends refuse to play
>they want a giant mod pack
>instead of making their own server they log on and grief mine
shit times man, I just wanna make a cozy little city
>>
>>384057767
Run a whitelist. Only way to play.
>>
>>384057980
that's what I do now but I have no one to play with and I just don't enjoy it as much playing alone
>>
>>384057462
The trap used to go by the name of "Tofu", but I think this faggot changed to "Nokomono" or something.
esforescraft was very fun and comfy, I really really wish it could have lasted longer.
Btw, if you find this trap's tag on discord, could you send it to me ?
>>
>>384028792

havent touched it since like 2010.
>>
>>384029865
Gadget leave
>>
>>384028792
Friend of mine that's into Minecraft explained a lot of it to me yesterday. I had no idea that there was so much shit in it. There's MMO servers and all this other shit, calculations, clicks per minute and all this other shit. I had no idea, I'd only ever played with a few friends and built dumb shit on servers.
>>
File: blight.png (226KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
blight.png
226KB, 500x375px
>>384035607
>blaming microsoft
You cannot be fucking serious. As a completely independent studio making fucking MILLIONS Mojang managed to

Neuter terrain generation
Add an 'end game' that is completely incongruous with the rest of the game and its core game loop
Add an extremely unweildy enchanting system
Add hunger
Add villages and a bartering mechanic that is no doubt still useless

Meanwhile mods made by people in their spare time have added structure and progression that works to complement the main gameplay loop
>>
>>384058193
I haven't used Discord since then, but TL;DR story, I joinend in some Discord server that was being spammed on [s4s] back then, it was fulled with edgy underages, talking about how much they wanted to kill themselves and 'traps', the admin considered himself as a Female (Male) I mean unironically, and used to post nude pics of him sometimes, there was other traps there. I'm not sure if they are the same person, but he used to change his nick really often, so I can't remember to be honest, sorry.

I'm curious, what was the drama?
Did you build a comfy city? :3
>>
>>384057462
Forgot to say what he did.
Basically, the mods were having some harmless fun and fuck around him, because thet knew they'd get a reaction since tofu was easily angered. (He was the kind of person that would say he would be your friend then start crying over you not hanging out with him 24/7)
So yeah, the mods were taking the piss, he went crying to the admin who decided to nerf the mod's power a bit (like taking shit from his inventory or stuff). But the trap kept complaining and crying, so the admin nerfed the mod's power again until the mods had enough of it.
The server also died due to the economy changing from a practical chat based one to an incomplete unpractical gui based one. (Instead of typing /buy sandstone 64 in chat, you'd have to do : /shop > blocks > next page > next page > click sandstone 4 times since you can only buy it by packs of 16 and shut like that)
So yea, hope this helped understand.
>>
I can't play it anymore because I no longer have friends to play it with and it just gets too lonely
>>
>>384059627
It's cool, donnt worry bby.

>Im curious, what was the drama?
Refer to >>384059661
>Did you build a comfy city?:3
I started building two and helped building some, my main places were a sky island (people would hang around there and fish, it was one of the comfiest areas in the game, I'll send you screencaps if I can find them), a submarine, and a mountai side azn village.
>>
File: 2016-08-24_19.27.53.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-24_19.27.53.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>384059627
Me on the left
>>
File: 5634333.jpg (13KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
5634333.jpg
13KB, 600x400px
>>384028792
Yeah, me and a group of friends made a server a long time ago, we spent days playing it together, building towns and houses

It's odd logging on and seeing no one there...

I miss my old friends
>>
File: 1480605220536-c.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480605220536-c.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>384059661
>>384060170
>Basically, the mods were having some harmless fun and fuck around him, because thet knew they'd get a reaction since tofu was easily angered. (He was the kind of person that would say he would be your friend then start crying over you not hanging out with him 24/7)
Ahaha. A bit rude, but it was a fun to read.

A shame it died, speaking of which, I was looking at new Minecraft updates, I think I will download it again, they added a bunch of new comfy stuff. Hunger system still sucks.
>>384060947
Wowe, that picture looks really comfy
>>
File: 2016-11-10_20.31.34.png (908KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-10_20.31.34.png
908KB, 1680x1050px
>>384061681
I heard the new building blocks were pretty cool and actually give plain color blocks, but I dobnt really have a community play with so eh.
karenposting, I can see you're a real /s4s/s

Picrelated : an item called mounting stick allowed players to mount eachother, so we would make player towers, bottom one would fly with elytras, and the server would crash two minutes later, but it was bretty fun.
>>
File: 1497463207446.png (77KB, 750x780px) Image search: [Google]
1497463207446.png
77KB, 750x780px
>tfw tempted to make a discord and server for everyone in this thread
it's too risky though, don't want to get ddos'd + some crazies might make it in
>>
File: 1498135072005.jpg (37KB, 480x455px) Image search: [Google]
1498135072005.jpg
37KB, 480x455px
>>384028792
>best friends irl and I played on a minecraf server years ago
>one of those big servers with a shit ton of people on, donations/donors with ranks and shit
>but it wasn't as bad in the early days
>met a bunch of people on it
>one of my friends even met this girl who became his gf and apparently cybered with
>we joined this dude's village/community
>there was always a bunch of drama, like who liked who etc
>there was this other girl my friend liked who liked him back but was also dating the leader/owner of the town
>server kept resetting and we always lost all our stuff
>the first few times it wasn't that bad, one of the times we had this big house most of our friends lived in
>all sorts of shenanigans
>server kept resetting and got shittier, eventually we stopped playing
>pretty sure the server is kill now
Even though some of it was pretty cringy I still get that nostalgia, especially since my friends and I barely talk anymore
>>
>>384063751
I don't trust Discord, They privacy policies are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>384028792
No, literally no reason to play it when Terraria exists
>>
No but i might reinstall it for a laugh. Need to play some kind of different sand box game.
>>
>>384028792
i never played it. look at those graphics. what in the actual fuck? who would play this shit?
>>
>>384028792
yes but only with 200+ mods installed to give it actual content and things to do, like building a fully functional tokamak fusion reactor from scratch and writing the reactor control programs to stick into ComputerCraft.
>>
File: IMG_3852.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3852.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Yeah it's fun to dick around in
>>
>>384066204
>playing on consoles with a controller and no mods
What's the point?
>>
File: 1490437822672.png (23KB, 595x579px) Image search: [Google]
1490437822672.png
23KB, 595x579px
>>384063329
It seem you guys had a really fun time.
L-Lole, You 're flatter me.
>>
>>384066586
I don't care for mods and a controller is superior to mouse and keyboard for comfort...
>>
File: 2016-11-11_09.10.31.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-11_09.10.31.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>384066918
We really did, also, I just checked and apparently, there's an Efec : electric bogaloo going on, here's my discord thingie, add me and I'll send you an invitatione
Soda#6229

Picrelated : Remains of the city built by the Chilean invaders, destroyed into oblivione.
>>
>>384047932
the fact that threads like these >>384055895 exist makes me doubt your claim
>>
File: Atlas Costanza.jpg (193KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
Atlas Costanza.jpg
193KB, 600x576px
>>384028792
>best gamer friend snagged a Dell Xeon blade server
>uses it to host his Minecraft server
>spends more time configuring it than playing
>I think the game is retarded
>>
>>384043564
>expecting an self-professed autist to get emotional interaction and empathy.
>>
File: minecrap.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
minecrap.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
Ah yes, this is it, Mineycrafta!
>>
>>384067687
I don't know Anon. Let me try to remember my discord account.
I-I just warn you, my English isn't really good...
>>
File: 2016-08-22_23.53.04.png (248KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-22_23.53.04.png
248KB, 925x530px
I've been replaying vanilla for two weeks and I've come to appreciate the simplicity, but fuck them for not having an overworld map like pic related. You can easily get lost if you don't mark your steps.
>>
>>384071514
>playing vanilla
why? there's literally nothing to do except build things and then wank about what you built online with other people. it has almost no content and there is no reason to explore.
>>
File: 2017-03-21_00.55.15.png (317KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-21_00.55.15.png
317KB, 925x530px
>>384071712
>Simplicity
Yeah yeah, mods add content and yadda yadda but I've exhausted most of them and I found my old world, so I decided to boot it up and I'm appreciating it a little more for the fact that there's less to work with, and as a result less clutter.

The first pic was the start of an island I built. Seven months later, I almost don't want to keep building on it, but I have the plans written down. Vanilla is just a break until I get tired of that.
>>
From time to time but only with mods since vanilla is boring as fuck so gotta pump it with mods for more blocks
>>
>>384028792
I wish I could, but I can't enjoy it anymore
>>
>>384067687
>want to run shaders
>they prevent nametags and healthbars from displaying properly
JUST
>>
>>384072254
>building a fucking island
please tell me this is on a multiplayer PVP server or something, and the island is holding your power reactors and forcefield nexus, so that a strike on your base can't destroy everything immediately. please don't tell me you are autistic enough to construct an entire island that serves no purpose whatsoever. this is why people look down upon minecraft.
>>
>>384072534
>all that shit you mentioned
This is also why I avoid /mcg/. You can't build things just for the fuck of it and have to have some ulterior motive behind your builds.
>>
>>384072504
>want to run shaders with the new optifine on 1.7.10
>put a shaderpack
>can't see trough glass, vines, grass, leaves...
fuck me
>>
File: sealbrownvelourbr.jpg (119KB, 579x380px) Image search: [Google]
sealbrownvelourbr.jpg
119KB, 579x380px
>>
>>384072749
what is the point if what you are building does literally nothing at all? i'm not trying to troll here, i honestly want to know what is fun about building some enormous structure/town/whatever that does NOTHING, doesn't even have a forge or anything usable in it.
>>
Are you that autistic you can't understand that some people just build for fun
>>
File: 2017-03-21_00.55.24.png (195KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-21_00.55.24.png
195KB, 925x530px
>>384073726
Wasn't the point of Minecraft to build stuff? Hell, that's just part of the island. I just decided to build an island for the sake of it, and I really got into it. It's fun to build stuff. When I truly finish it six years from now, I'll show it off on YouTube and get those views, subs and tube bux.

Hell, I may just share it with /mcg/ and let them fuck it up.
>>
>>384073928
meant for >>384072534
>>
>>384073726
yeah while we're at it what's the fucking point of art? why do people even bother painting if we can't do anything with them? fuck those people for having creativity
>>
>>384074054
>Wasn't the point of Minecraft to build stuff?
no, Notch himself said the goal of minecraft was to be a 3D Dwarf Fortress, then he abandoned that entirely to turn it into autism legos online.
>>
File: 8585853.jpg (68KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
8585853.jpg
68KB, 960x640px
I still play Minecraft. I still play Terraria, Rimworld, Dwarf Fortress too. Sometimes I'll play The Sims 3 to break it up. I enjoy making new families with their own stories.
>>
>>384073726
What is the point of playing games that do literally nothing at all? i'm not trying to troll here, i honestly want to know what is fun about sitting in your chair all day and fiddling with plastic while staring at a electric monitor that does NOTHING, doesn't even give you any skills or anything usable in real life.
>>
>>384028792
Haven't played in years. I occasionally load up the wiki and see what the latest patches are and what they've added but I haven't bothered reinstalling or remembering my Mojang credentials.

I probably would play it again if I ever heard of a mod that turned it into a glorious first person Dorf Fort and/or sandbox RPG with random quests and towns and shit but since as far as I'm aware it's still just autismblox I haven't been in the mood.

Most fun I ever had was playing with a few friends before they started cheating in resources and shit. The effort of collecting all the garbage for the constructions was part of the relaxing fun to me.
>>
>>384029865
Oi am havyng a lot of fun
>>
>>384074240
write a book and turn that passion into a lucrative career.
>>
>>384074414
that's where you're wrong, pleb. i only play the most cutting edge sex games, which support integration for my fleshlight-like device. the two work in tandem, and i do indeed reep real-life benefits and physical pleasure (which if you are still skeptical, can be tangibly measured after the expulsion of semen). You need to stop pigeonholing yourself with shortsighted definitions of what games are. Take advantage of modern technology and you will be rewarded.
>>
>>384075158
>>
>>384032178
yes
>>
>>384028792
Yeah.
I've only ever played single player survival. Never beat any bosses, never done anything fun other than try to build good gear.
I just linked 3 monster spawners to my house which is right next to a mansion. I'm going to take the opportunity to harvest useful things and take down a boss just to say I have. I've been working on trophies and a MC plat might be fun.
I'm bretty impressed with some people's knowledge of this game. I love all the options. I use thing game to escape, and think.
>>
The last time I played Minecraft it was in early alpha and was just a huge sandbox where you could build shit with legos. No lie I never saw it taking off the way it did.
>>
>Nobody talking about Age of Engineering modpack
you should check that shit out. Actually makes progession.
>>
File: memes.png (726KB, 900x653px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
726KB, 900x653px
You'd think there would've been a successful Minecraft clone by now. Can't be hard to recreate a game as fucking simple as Minecraft but give it better graphics and more depth.
>>
File: 2017-07-15_22.01.54.png (214KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15_22.01.54.png
214KB, 925x530px
Dumping shots from autism isle.
>>
File: 2017-07-15_22.02.40.png (292KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15_22.02.40.png
292KB, 925x530px
>>
File: 2017-07-15_22.02.47.png (143KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15_22.02.47.png
143KB, 925x530px
>>
>>384029113
Even since the end bullshit it went off the rails. It should have stayed as a sandbox, not a shitty RPG.
>>
File: 1273523834888.jpg (41KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1273523834888.jpg
41KB, 500x411px
I remember playing indev and hours would fly by.

Now I get bored after 5 minutes.
>>
File: 2017-07-15_22.02.58.png (463KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15_22.02.58.png
463KB, 925x530px
>>
File: 2017-07-15_22.03.27.png (431KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15_22.03.27.png
431KB, 925x530px
>>
File: 2017-07-15_22.03.41.png (371KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15_22.03.41.png
371KB, 925x530px
>>
I led one of the boards during one of the iterations of 4craft that happened a few years ago

After that it wasn't fun anymore because I could never have as much fun as I did playing with other 4chan autists
>>
File: 2017-07-15_22.04.12.png (148KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15_22.04.12.png
148KB, 925x530px
>>
File: hungermc.png (8KB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
hungermc.png
8KB, 178x178px
Where did it all go wrong? Was it this?
>>
Fucking with players as an operator was more fun than the game itself.
>>
>>384029904
I play it ironically desu. It's pretty much the same as doing it unironically, but every so often I look to an imaginary camera and sigh like Jim from The Office.
>>
File: 2017-07-15_22.04.33.png (459KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15_22.04.33.png
459KB, 925x530px
>>384079083
Honestly, it was when people found out Notch was a lazy fatass as fatass and the weekly updates stopped.
>>
File: 2017-07-15_22.05.48.png (484KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15_22.05.48.png
484KB, 925x530px
>>
>>384079083
Also the biome update was part of it making everything look the same.
>>
I'll mess with it every once in a while and it's pretty comfy for a while but after getting some diamonds and creating a base it just becomes kind of depressing and lonely and I lose all motivation to keep playing.
>>
File: 2017-07-15_22.07.17.png (299KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15_22.07.17.png
299KB, 925x530px
>>
File: 2017-07-15_22.07.27.png (534KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15_22.07.27.png
534KB, 925x530px
>>
>no FLAOT1.jpg

this game is truly dead
>>
the last time i remember really enjoying myself playing minecraft is when Gargamel was the big popular seed

i had a shit pc and minecraft was all i could run, Gargamel seed was the closest i'd gotten to being able to run around a nice environment on my computer

looking back it seems quaint
>>
>>384036658
BRICKS
>>
Did Minecraft surpass Sonic the Hedgehog in its ability to amplify and perhaps even create autism?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQay4_FJU7E

4craft when
>>
File: 1496857307902.jpg (474KB, 1920x1272px) Image search: [Google]
1496857307902.jpg
474KB, 1920x1272px
why doesn't someone open up a /v/ server or a /mcg/ vanilla server?
all you need is 16 to 24 slots and it'd be good to go
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.