[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg (33KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg
33KB, 250x355px
I'm currently dowloading the entire trilogy
including

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
STALKER: Clear Sky
STALKER: Call of Pripyat |

Which one is the best and which one should I play first?
>>
File: 1357681925169.png (63KB, 942x695px) Image search: [Google]
1357681925169.png
63KB, 942x695px
>>384020319
I recommend playing Shadow of Chernobyl first with the Zone Reclamation Project to fix bugs + Modifiers it comes with to set the game's unused content on as well as headbobbing to minimum. Take your time to aim as well, and realize that aim resets after about a second or so of firing, and you'll be set - the only people who complain about the PM doing shitty damage in the beginning are the people who aim for the body and not the head, or didn't try using the knife to kill shit.
>>
File: Dutyscum.png (77KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Dutyscum.png
77KB, 256x256px
HALT, ANONS - THIS IS FREEDOM TERRITORY
POST FAVOURITE FACTION/MOD
>>
>>384020319
Call of Chernobyl is a pretty good mod
too bad you cant capture enemy bases
>>
>>384020712
is that a mod or does it only fix bugs? I would prefer my first time playing stalker to be vanilla
>>
File: Starting_guide.jpg (589KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Starting_guide.jpg
589KB, 1536x1152px
>>384020319
>>
>>384021589
>>384021447
>>384020712

Should I install mods before playing
>>
File: Clear_Sky_Patch.png (141KB, 309x329px) Image search: [Google]
Clear_Sky_Patch.png
141KB, 309x329px
>>384020319
>which one is the best
For the vanilla experience I'd have to say Shadow of Chernobyl, the artifacts feel the best, it feels populated and has the best atmosphere of all the games.
>which one should I play first
Shadow of Chernobyl is the best introduction to the series, although Call of Pripyat is a bit more polished and Clear Sky is a prequel it still sets the framework for everything else in the series.
>>384021063
Pic related.
>>384021751
Only basic bugfixes to be sure it will run smoothly on your PC, you can pick apart the gameplay mechanics all you want after you've played it vanilla.
>>
>>384020319
Shadow of Chernobyl is absolute ludo. A flawed masterpiece.

Clear Sky is generally hated by the community and I am the one who hates it too, but I dropped the game after just a few hours (it was impossible to sneak past a distant guard post at night in the beginning of the game, it was scripted to always see you, even behind rocks and trees, and shoot you with machinegun with a sniper toer accuracy even if you just stick your dick out of cover. The sole reason I dropped the game) and I heard opinions that if you get past the aforementioned guard post, the game is actually not that but, but still not as good as others. Idk, if you want, you can try it, you will probably have fun, it's just not my kinda game.

Call of Pripyat is my favorite because it was open world (though parted in 3 open worlds), the most beautiful, especially at sunset, the more dangerous monsters scarier than in SoC (I was actually scared as fuck some moments, where I ran blindly in the game world to escape the danger and had my hands shaking irl and saying "fuck fuck fuck" all the time. The only game I recall that ever given me this), unique environmental anomalies and better sidequests. Generally considered worse than SoC by community, but I actually like it more. It doesn't have SoC X-labs tho :(

Play chronologically (SoC->CS->CoP, but you can skip CS), vanilla only at first playthrough. Hardest difficulty - anything below is inferior experience tbqh familial, trust me, it's one of this kind of games
>>
>>384022152
>>384022052

Thanks, will do.
>>
>>384021416
On the contrary, there's a release of Warfare for Call of Chernobyl that lets you do exactly that.
>>
File: 1220472744763.jpg (111KB, 471x482px) Image search: [Google]
1220472744763.jpg
111KB, 471x482px
Master difficulty does not make you deal more damage or make the enemies weaker.
>>
File: 1471816974308.png (38KB, 234x244px) Image search: [Google]
1471816974308.png
38KB, 234x244px
>>384022542
This.
Difficulties only affect the distance to which enemies can shoot reliably accurately, boss character HPs, and the lowest difficulty gives you a second wind when near death. That's all.
>>
>>384022510
that one with the bubbles all over the map? you have to be clicking 1 by 1, and my autism urges me to do it, im never going to end

i just want to capture the big bases
>>
Question: Does this game require the Middle Mouse Scroll button. Mine is broken and randomly scrolls in/out by itself and I cant control it. This is the outcome of me buying $5 mouses from 5 below everytime the last one breaks.
>>
>>384023209
not once in any stalker game have i ever used the mouse wheel, i don't even know if it's bound to anything by default.
>>
File: shitpostitem.jpg (124KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
shitpostitem.jpg
124KB, 1024x576px
>>384023209
MMB only scrolls between your weapons, but can be unbound to do so if I remember correctly.
>>
I think CoP and SoC are both GOAT. I never played Clear Sky even though I swear it was part of the bundle I bought, but it just disappeared from my list. My friend has the same problem. Luckily the game was shit anyway from what I've read.
>>
In CoC you can't fix your stuff unless you use a glitch right? Is there a mod to fix that?
>>
>>384022152
>(it was impossible to sneak past a distant guard post at night in the beginning of the game, it was scripted to always see you, even behind rocks and trees, and shoot you with machinegun with a sniper toer accuracy even if you just stick your dick out of cover. The sole reason I dropped the game)
That checkpoint took me at least 40 quicksave reloads to get through. I dropped CS soon after, sadly there aren't any mods that really fix it and make it not shit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.