[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets have a fun Digimon thread. Talk about all the different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

Lets have a fun Digimon thread. Talk about all the different games and most likely anime that will be the main focus.
>>
How is this game? Got it for 8 bucks but haven't unwrapped it yet
>>
>>384016202
Same with the Amazon deal and just started. From what people said it's more about raising Digimon and Digivolving then having them die to have them start over again. Just got them to Rookie which I guess you get there easier by just training. Haven't really done much yet so I can't really say much about it.
>>
File: Digimon+World.jpg (23KB, 371x255px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon+World.jpg
23KB, 371x255px
This game was my childhood. Even after close to 20 years, I still find new info about secrets and digivolution methods and shit. And the pre-rendered backgrounds are soooo good.
>>
>>384016202
If you liked Digimon World 1, you're golden because it's basically just an updated and expanded remix.
>>
>>384016202
decent so far. just bought it a few days ago myself.
Just make sure you know what you get into.
Too many people come from cyber sleuth and then get upset when it's nothing like that.
It's like the first digimon world so if you are familiar with that, good.
If not, it's like a virtual pet except you have to in NO. they eat, sleep, shit and die eventually. When they don't eat, sleep or shit you train or explore the world.
Fights are mostly passive watching. you can cheer for them every few seconds which gives you points which you can then use to order them to do a specific attack, their special move or later an ExEvolution. but mostly they attack and move on their own.

Also, getting what you want is way easier. You unlock hints for the next evolutions as you play, so you don't have to read a guide or something to have an idea what to do to get a specific digimon.
>>
File: 1494617393585.png (999KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494617393585.png
999KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>384017230
> it's like a virtual pet except you have to
it's like a virtual pet except you have two at the same time.
Always fuck up when editing mid sentence.
>>
>>384017230
It really hurts to see people hate this game just because it's not more Cyber Sleuth.
>>
>get cyber sluts
>it sucks

is there more to the battle system?
>>
I'm still annoyed the vita version didn't get localized despite Japanese sales nearly surprising the ps4 version. No wonder it flopped in the west and that we're getting a side story to cyber sleuths instead of a proper sequel
>>
>>384017827
No, it's a really generic JRPG and if you don't like turn-based combat, you're fucked. The Digimon are basically the only selling point.
>>
File: 4023.jpg (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4023.jpg
371KB, 1920x1080px
>>384017230
I know I can look it up but might just ask you guys. If them to digivolve they have to get certain stats into blue right? But how does it actually trigger since I stated and I was able to get them to reach the stats to light blue but they didn't digivolve until I trained a bit more. Also any tips or advice you can give for a newbie would be helpful.
>>
>>384016202
Pretty shit to be honest. The world is big, but empty and recruiting the digimon is boring as hell and lacks any sort of charm.
>>
>>384018245
shit I like digimon but I can't stomach this

and apparently there's a lot of grinding too? with this combat? fuck that
>>
>>384018260
Don't even bother with evolution stuff until you reach a certain point in the game where you can block off evolution paths. Just roll with what you have and explore the world.
>>
>>384018260
You have to meet a certain number of conditions which is generally different for every digimon. Things like weight count as conditions as well as stats.
>>
>>384018260
Some requirements are not as strict as others. Some like need to poop on the ground to evolve is example of strict requirements. When you battle the requirements unlock little by little. So when it did not hit the exact requirements for certain mon, it will lean towards the closest evolution.

Also recruit GrapLeomon and you can block evolution path and have the digimon that you want or already unlock.
>>
>>384018669
Alright. Just wondering because I went into the training place and it said I shouldn't leave until I get to Rookie and was wondering why I wasn't Digivolving.
>>
How much replayability is there? Is there anything to keep you playing after you beat the game? And how often do your digimon die? I don't really like that aspect of it but I can live with it
>>
Next order is aight but the world is so plain and boring. I played Redigitize decode in Japanese and even with limited Digimon it still offers a better world. But nothing beat DM1 world. Truly classic.
>>
>>384018158
>vitafag

Nobody cares about you
>>
>>384018940
>How much replayability is there?
Probably very little. Once you beat the "final boss" you can just continue playing on the same savefile and recruit all the digimon you've missed.

>Is there anything to keep you playing after you beat the game?
There's lots of postgame stuff. Like 30-40 more digimon spawn in the world who are all stronger than the final boss, there's a repeatable dungeon thingie to train and there's some free DLC that has the strongest enemies in the game.

>And how often do your digimon die?
It depends on their evolution stage and your trainer level. They die about every 21 days which is like 8-15 hours depending on how much stuff you're getting done in that time.
>>
>>384018940
Not much aside collecting digivolution and beating the fuck hard Boltboutamon. Also the Royal Knight mission i guess? And after endgame you can practically lengthen the your digimon life with imperialdramon help and Seraphimon food.
>>
>>384018158
You've been able to pirate the Japanese version for like a year. It has English subtitles.
>>
>>384016137
There are a couple ones good for phones, Linkz seems best option but fucking japanese only hold me away from downloading it. Currently play the adventure.
>>
>>384019048
You say that but then realize the only reason digimon had another chance was because cyber sleuths sold so well on vita in the west as well as Japan. They even stated it in an interview for hacker memories and capped everything by saying the vita community was so supportive that they specifically chose to make the vita version because it wouldn't feel right to exclude the group that brought them success.
Educate yourself you nigger
>>
>>384019798
Habu has already said that Digimon is going to make the move to being PS4 only. They were gonna do it this time, but couldn't resist milking the Cyber Sleuth assets some more.

Vitafags haven't done shit. Nobody cares about you. Get a real platform or fuck off
>>
>>384019798
>was because cyber sleuths sold so well on vita

*ps4
>>
What isn't a Digimon that should be a Digimon?
>>
File: DigimonWorld3StarterPacks.png (224KB, 511x1172px) Image search: [Google]
DigimonWorld3StarterPacks.png
224KB, 511x1172px
Pick your starters
>>
>>384021000

the first pack, as i prefer support heavy teams to become invincible
>>
>>384020430
>Ps4 fags so desperate to look like they're relevant that they steal from the vita community and claim it their own.

It must suck to be universally hated by even those who call themselves Sony fans
>>
>>384021125
>the ps4
>not relevant

What kinda drugs on you on, friend?
>>
>>384021125
>the vita community

Are we pretending that this exists now?
>>
>>384018805
>Some like need to poop on the ground to evolve is example of strict requirements
Does the game tell you stuff like that? Or you just have to mess around hoping to stumble onto those requirements?
>>
File: 1469213657657.jpg (268KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1469213657657.jpg
268KB, 1500x1125px
>digimon thread
>retards busy shitting on each other
Well, have a nice day then. Maybe another time.
>>
>>384021657
It's a stat. It's called TF in english which probably stands for training failures or something.
>>
>>384021657
You get stat requirements revealed to you one by one over time if you praise or scold your digimon properly.
Or you could just use:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y8HqrBiVhHreSTRKMNxeBu_eJwHRgiZkr08sV_nmaHY/edit#gid=1674078361
>>
>>384021657
>>384021717
Yes it's training failures, and it's not only pooping on the ground.
you also get a TF for not feeding and staying awake far past bedtime.
So if you don't want to litter your city and the outsides with poop you could also simply not feed it.
or don't go to bed, but the problem with that is that it will be a TF for both since you can't only send one to bed.

But I just read that unlike world 1 poop doesn't stay forever but disappears when the digimon that shat it out dies.
So pooping for TFs might not be so bad. You only have to live with it sitting on your roads as long as your digimon lives.
>>
>>384021674
Damn why did i get a boner
>>
>>384019798
nigger the vita version of N0 is considered to be Kusoge
>>
>>384024975
So is the PS4 version to be fair.
>>
>>384024975
What issues does the vita version have?Apart from looking worse.

It's pretty nice to see that they actually touched up and reworked a lot of those areas and didn't just slap HD textures on everything and called it a day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbRYMjTCOdQ
It's probably still severely held back by unity.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.