[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what is the definitive verdict

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: sunmoon.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
sunmoon.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
Now that the dust has settled, what is the definitive verdict on Pokemon Sun and Moon?
>>
>>384008713
It was better than XY that's for sure.
>>
>>384008713
The dust has settled a long time ago and we all agreed that it was fun but flawed
About a 7/10 game
>>
File: 1500118572484.jpg (161KB, 1174x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1500118572484.jpg
161KB, 1174x1212px
>>384008713
It has the best pokegirl of all time
>>
>>384009123
>best pokegirl
That was accomplished in B/W
>>
>>384008713
Good game mechanically, but environments and story are still complete shit. I want a semimature Pokemon game. Kids would like it still because it would make them feel cool and mature while adults can still enjoy the games story. Pokemon is a good setting for fucked up shit but Nintendo is too scared to do it.
>>
>>384009809
>go to the lab
>fight NONE of the fucked up spliced/failed abominations

>get to the lusamine fight where she's possessed by a fucking jellyfish
>she tosses out a Clefairy
>>
>>384008713
It was a nice nostalgia ride for someone like me who skipped last couple releases.

I can agree that there are way too many cutscenes which is the main thing that come back when people diss the game.
>>
>>384008713
It was fine. Didn't leave an odd taste like last generation, but late-game could have been more than catching bugs and a tree. To add to what previous anon said, Lusamine's pokemon should have been a gauntlet to fight her jelly form.
Also really hoping an intern "made an error" in posting those ultra box legendaries and they get redone, because holy fuck why?
>>
It was blatantly rushed, especially by the last few islands, and was severely lacking in content. The map is the most linear one by far. The beginning felt like I was playing fucking Persona for how I had no control.
Totem fights are a welcome change in terms of difficulty, but there's so few of them, and they're overshadowed by the mass of easy, pointless trainer battles - instead of acting as challenges, they're just exp pots. Even then, they're only difficult in the beginning, once your Pokemon get better moves you just steamroll everything as usual.
Pokemon designs are subjective - I personally think they're great in SM, and seeing them get experimental with the Ultra Beasts was exciting.

Overall, I think I should've just waited for Ultra SM. Gamefreak seems to religiously follow the philosophy of "1 step forward, 37 steps backwards"
>>
>>384008713
Too many cutscenes, fps constantly stuttering, bizzare stuff like you'd be teleported right next to where you were standing after the screen goes black when you enter an area you weren't supposed to go yet instead of you just walking back. My least favorite Gen so far
>>
>>384008801
In what way? It's even harder to replay and it has even less content.
>>
>>384008713
Both X&Y and ORAS were total shit, but sun was the first game that I didn't even finish
>>
File: myson.jpg (53KB, 500x630px) Image search: [Google]
myson.jpg
53KB, 500x630px
I enjoyed it, but it was very, very flawed. The main reason I play is for the pokemon themselves, though, and I liked almost every new mon and form introduced. I'm also a huge sucker for tropical shit.
>>
>>384011839
Graphically, better region, better pokemon, better story, better characters.

It did a lot of nice simple things too, like allowing you to box a party pokemon when you've caught a new one, or be able to use fly and other HM moves without needing a pokemon with that move.

Both seem to be less enjoyable than previous entries but I think I'm growing out of the series as a whole.
>>
>>384008713
It was bad enough that I'm trying to sell my pokémon games to never go back again.
>>
File: 1497883170736.jpg (41KB, 640x616px) Image search: [Google]
1497883170736.jpg
41KB, 640x616px
>>384009884
>Enter the Ultra Beast World
>Expecting some sort of Distortion World but bigger and with more pokemon
>It's just a fucking straight line
>>
>>384009809
A more mature Pokemon game would be incredible. Just 1 (ONE) for all the adults that played the original colors back then.
Something reminiscent of Pokemon Origins but with the 90s-early00's attitude in full effect.
I miss companies constantly taking shots at each other and making strange, slightly racist ads. It seems like we've moved from an attitude era to Dude. Hippies. XD and it's undeniably gayer.
>>
>>384013837
Pokemon isn't for edgy oldfags like you anymore. They'll pretend it is through nostalgia-bating to make you buy it, but at it's heart, it's always been for single-digit age children and always will be.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.