[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which is the best MOBA to get into right now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2167.jpg (175KB, 1600x1107px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2167.jpg
175KB, 1600x1107px
So which is the best MOBA to get into right now?
>>
none
not memeing btw
>>
>>383998178
Hots unironically.

Because the other two you've posted are that bad
>>
>>383998178
Right now? As in you haven't gotten into a MOBA before?

League. Far more entry level. Eases you into the genre. The meta is stronger, and more easily learned. Then you can either stay there because you like the game (or just like Mobas and don't care which you play, then you don't have to learn another one), move on to Dota if you want a Moba more focused around player skill/mechanics with a much steeper learning curve, or realize Mobas fucking suck and quit while you're ahead.
>>
>>383998178
smite and very soon gigantic.
>>
>>383998258
Hots is for people who don't actually want to play Mobas, but say that they play Mobas.

Which.. like, I just don't fucking get. It's like saying your gay, but you won't suck dick.
>>
>>383998494
hots is for scrubs and brainlets who cant into items and laning, and just want to team-fight
>>
>>383998546
It's barely even team fights. There isn't any strategy to it aside from blowing all your cool down as fast as possible before the other guy does.
>>
>>383998178

I don't even know anything about DOTA, but pick it (or anything) over League of Legends. The balance team has no idea what they're doing.
>>
DOTA is objectively the best, but it requires an absurd investment of time and effort to get even slightly decent at it. It's extremely frustrating as well, literally the only game that actually made me rage of any competitive game i've played. For my sake of sanity, i quit DOTA.

LoL is ok i suppose, but you're going to have to get used to its retarded playerbase until you get higher up in the ranks.

>>383998258

Hots is only really worth it in a full premade team. The game discourages individual play way too much and compensates it with lots of team-oriented objectives. Works well if you're playing with friends, but just isn't worth it playing solo.

I'm honestly recommending Smite. Might be more up your alley if you're new to MOBA's and want to invest time in it, even if it's just because it has the most mature community of all the popular MOBA's out there right now.
>>
>>383998742
I don't understand this meme.

Unless you're Challenger, balance changes have gotten to a point where they do not affect the game that much. In Bronze-Plat elo, literally every champion is viable.
>>
File: Best_MOBA.jpg (230KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Best_MOBA.jpg
230KB, 1280x720px
>>383998178
Awesomenauts
>>
none, if you have to, dota
>>
>>383998819
>it has the most mature community of all the popular MOBA's out there right now.
Man thats pretty sad desu, i just wish HR would enforce fucking region locks.
Ranked joust even in plat is filled with fucking spics and russians.
>>
>>383998494
Warding the same spots every game is so fun
Buying almost the same build every game, what great fun
Grinding for 20 minutes before fighting the other team, the epitome of fun.

League is for people that are definitely into ball busting and are just too afraid to admit it.
>>
File: 1406789848047.png (18KB, 524x404px) Image search: [Google]
1406789848047.png
18KB, 524x404px
>>383998178
Since the keywords are "get into", in order.
HotS, League and Dota. No discussion about which one is "worse or bad" since it's subjective.

HotS has the highest skill floor, there are less things to learn and it's basically everything about map awareness and objectives, also new characters left and right so tons of content to enjoy.

League second because it's the most popular game on the world, you'll always get people to play with and new content comes quickly too, also there are so many champions you'll at least have 10 you really like. There is a big community so learning content is basically endless.

Dota 2 being last, because the scope of stuff to learn is the deepest, also less consistent content, instead of League's or Hots, constant content, Dota 2 gets a huge massive patch every few months. At least, for me, the matches when I started playing took a fuckton of time, at least 10 minutes at low level and EVERYONE leaves, when you get higher level and play ranked it normalizes but unless you have friends to play with, it's not as easy to get into.

Never played Smite.
>>
>>383998835

I haven't played LoL since Season 3 (was Plat 1 in soloQ, had a premade team that was Plat 3), so i'm not that up to date with it, but there were already a lot of champions that were simply not viable anymore on Plat tier. (Teemo, Twitch, etc.)
>>
>>383998546
>hots is for scrubs and brainlets who just want to team-fight

So uh. The only fun element from mobas? Kek
>>
>>383999178
That happens with every type of competitive game at high level
>>
>>383999208
>The only fun element from mobas?
hello scrub.
The feeling of playing support and babysitting your shitter team of randos to a win is better than kills.
>not enjoying dominating the fuck out of your lane so hard you can go gank and cause the enemy to bitch at eachother
>not enjoying post-lobby blaming centered around you
>>
>>383998980

Any game without region locking is doomed to fail. It was my biggest gripe with DOTA2 back in the beta, there was only an EUW server. Then when they introduced the Russian server, Russians still fucking stuck with EUW servers.

Valve never fixed it. Really fucking annoyed me.
>>
>>383999306

I know, it's just that i'd like to debunk that anything up to challenger level is viable - it isn't.
>>
>>383999425
I really dont get it. Region locks only serve to make everyones game better.
But i guess not even sub-humans want to play with eachother.
>>
>>383999178
in soloQ there aren't unviable champions, very very few like Udyr who is ass but I can say that and still get an Udyr on the enemy team that gets fed and fucks everyone. I think Yorick is ass yet he always gets fed on the enemy team
>>
>>383998178
Smite
>>
>>383999404
>healslut talking shit
>supports mattering

Hahahahahaha make sure to cup the balls and clean the shaft while you're down there boy.
>>
>>383999515
Only true answer

>but it's not a real moba
Yes, and it's better than the others available
>>
>>383999831
>supports are all heal sluts
wow, you just get worse each post.
>>
>>383999178
Twitch has found a very solid place in the meta since then. Teemo is still Teemo, for the most part. He's more of a mascot at this point than a champion people Plat and above actually play.

S3 was pretty bad in terms of balance, and S4 was an absolute shitshow. But as of right now balance is actually pretty balanced. You still have people complaining about reworks and whatever from their special snowflake champion into a meta-relevant champion, but if you don't like a strong meta, League isn't a game you should be playing.
>>
>>383999669
change is the superior healer and is MUCH more versatile.
But tank aphro with pen boots and a little power is some truly fun shit.
>>
>>383999492
There is no short answer.

Is it true that there are champions that are better for climbing to challenguer? Sure, that's why there is the joke of being a "dirty X player" because you are abusing the champion to climb

Is it true that you are playing a "bad" champion you will have a disadvantage at climbing? True

Is it impossible to get to challenguer with said champion? Completely not, there have been OTPs of virtually anything champion that have gotten to challenguer with shit champions, there is a challenguer Aatrox main in KR for fucks sake, an old Urgot one too, there was a fucking Elise support player too goddam
>>
>>383999831
> Supports mattering

Support and Jungle are literally the only way to climb in League unless you're playing 2 divisions below your skill level. And it sure as shit isn't because your team will carry you.
>>
File: 11d.png (2MB, 1024x1273px) Image search: [Google]
11d.png
2MB, 1024x1273px
>>383999967
I didn't come here to argue about healers, I came here to post sexy ladies.
>>
File: ZiiR7B2.jpg (440KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ZiiR7B2.jpg
440KB, 750x1000px
>>384000224
a-alright
>>
Neither. But I do recommend playing custom games on Dota 2. Loads of fun to just fuck around on imba.
>>
>>383999425
I'm starting to think that Russians just don't understand how servers work. When you tell them to shut the fuck up they think you're American even though they are playing on an EU server.
>>
>>383999492
It kinda is, though. It just depends how much time you're willing to invest in learning and mastering whatever champion.

That being said, when both teams are of a roughly equal skill level, team comp is a pretty big factor. Now if you're talking about meta dictating the makeup of the majority of comps and thereby throttling the amount of times you can pick certain champions.. yeah.. that happens. You can't really pick Teemo when there's no room for a split pusher/assassin. That's just not a good move. But that doesn't mean he isn't viable when the opportunity presents itself.
>>
>>384000343
The only thing Russians know how to do is smoke, drink, and alter foreign elections.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.