[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everytime I come to /v/ I see posts about how great wotlk was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 4524425-2991471-wotlkarthaspose.jpg (191KB, 1536x1920px) Image search: [Google]
4524425-2991471-wotlkarthaspose.jpg
191KB, 1536x1920px
Everytime I come to /v/ I see posts about how great wotlk was
Was it really that good?
I personally disliked it back then and spend most of my time in the lotro+moria/fixed vanguard/warhammer online and one month in conan
Returned only for the new raids, killing few bosses until sub run out and leaving for the another mmo again, except icc that one I clearead fully
My bc raiding guild since almost fully quit playing during wotlk too
But looks like people here really love it for some reason
>>
>>383997526
It was okay but I didn't like how they turned the lich king into some inspector gadget villain that always just kept saying, "next time heroes..next time.." and then shook his fist at you and left.

Also pretty much no one liked the there must always be a lich king thing.
>>
It was shit, they ruined the engine with WOTLK.
>>
>>383997526

The first half was 10/10, second 6/10

4 raids and 1 PvP zone, new battlegrounds and pretty enjoyable PvP(barring shadowfrost DKs, what a clusterfuck) Followed by Ulduar
>>
>>383997526
Overall it was a great expansion due to filling in Warcraft lore.

The reality is that the expansion seemed like it dragged out forever without new content. By the time Ruby Sanctum was released, I was already unsubscribed.

Nax - - - The Argent Tournament - - - - - - Ulduar - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ICC - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ruby Sanctum
>>
the raids were shit imo, i hated all of them except for ICC and some of ulduar... the rest were HOT garbage..
>>
File: Wrath of the Lich King.jpg (31KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Wrath of the Lich King.jpg
31KB, 500x380px
>>383997526
>>
>>383998043
>The first half was 10/10
I left wotlk in the first place because there was nothing good in the frist part
25ppl raids were more braindead than Gruul and Kara without any instant death mechanics
>>
>>383997526

It wasn't good.

>Rehashed raid to start the expansion off
>Ulduar was beyond fucking boring, people only liked it because it was the first major new raid to allow everyone regardless of skill to experience the entire raid
>Most of the fights were either bland or just plain annoying
>Only fun hard modes were Algalon and Firefighter
>Had to run the raid for fucking ever until the next problem arose in the trial of the whatever zone
>Had to run the joke raid after ulduar for a long ass time

Zone wise it was pretty and fun to explore in but gameplay wise it was an absolute mess, they homogenized raiding at the end of TBC to make way for this ultra casual new raid experience. Outside of raiding they didn't add any new real content to the game so you had nothing to do yet again.
>>
Sorry wrathbabbies, but WotLK was pretty bad.
>First product of Actishit and Blizzard merging
>Rushed it out to compete with Warhammer online
>So much cut content
>ONE i repeat, ONE good raid in the whole expansion, rest were underwhelming or filler/rehash
>Expansion of the WORST raid which is ToC
>Introduced LFD, no need to say more
>Introduced AoE-fest dungeons
It was the expansion that started the downfall of WoW.
>"b-but muh sub numbers..."
That just means that they introduced all those shitty things because when playerbase is massive > more shitters > more pandering to shitters.
>>
>>383997526
/v/ hated it on release, it just goes to show you how the age demographics have changed on here. Hell half of /v/ used to hate WoW unconditionally, now there's "nostalgia" threads for it.
>>
>>383998272
>Outside of raiding they didn't add any new real content to the game so you had nothing to do yet again
That's the biggest wow problem in general. Blizzard hired faggots from hardcore raiding community to design the game, so the game becomes raid or die pretty much since BC, relevant non raid content is absolutely nonexistent. If you want to progress your character you absolutely must raid in some shape or form.
>>
if wotlk was bad, then what was good expansion?
>>
>>383998529

That combined with the fact that they totally fucked raiding in wotlk made it the downfall of the game. At the time I was in a top 100ish best on the server level guild and it dried up and died in the ToC>ICC gap. Nothing was difficult and the easy/hard mode situation made raiding much more of a chore, we had people quitting the game left and right because it just wasn't entertaining or challenging anymore.

Raiding wasn't fun and you had literally nothing else to do, I found myself logging in 5 minutes before a raid and logging out 5 minutes after, at that point I realized it's time to quit.
>>
>>383998657
Bc, mop, lejun
>>
>>383998657
BC and cata
>>
The raids, dungeons, leveling etc was amazing but its the expansion that casualized everything

i'd say its the 2nd best era after BC
>>
File: Ghostcrawler.jpg (49KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostcrawler.jpg
49KB, 580x326px
>>383998470
It's because we experienced the ridiculously annoying gearing process for Cata, gear hidden behind daily rep for MoP, everything about WoD, and the RNG/AP farming of Legion.

They drew casuals in with WotLK, then annoyed them to death.
>>
>>383998657
For /v/ there was none. No good games either. Even the universe is subpar, mediocre, and with tons of filler.
>>
>>383998657

Burning Crusade, Chains of Promathia.
>>
>>383998838
>The raids, dungeons, leveling etc was amazing
How so?
>>
No.

It had one good raid tier (the shortest one) while T7 and T9 are contenders for the worst one ever and ICC was mediocre with Putricide and Lich King as the only standout encounters mechanically speaking, while Lich King is disappointing thematically (you expected Jaina, Sylvanas, Mal'Ganis and such like to assist you in bringing him down but instead you fight against vrykul and valkyries and then Tirion turned Mary Sue wakes up and claims the credit), and that's despite the fact that it's fucking Icecrown Citadel that should have been fucking great.

5-mans were worthless since day 1.

The newly introduced battlegrounds were awful and the game would have been better without them in rotation. There were points during which PvP balance was great but also points during which it was awful.

While many specs became more involved to play, classes were homogenized to hell and back so as a whole class design got worse (and for some classes even the playstyle received a mindnumbing downgrade, such as resto druids).

Professions were gutted (identical stat bonuses as opposed to unique valuable benefits such as BiS craftables or incredibly powerful starter gear, and in actuality they weren't identical anyway but JC+BS or JC+Enchanting was min/max choice for everyone).
>>
File: ebin.jpg (27KB, 300x308px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
27KB, 300x308px
>>383999148
It introduced damning designs and features (such as planned obsolescence of raid tiers and RDF) and many designs that kinda used to work lost all of their redeeming qualities (for example, in TBC you still had contested farming areas, summoning stones etc. so flying didn't really change the overall quantity of world PvP that much as most PvP encounters always happened in a relatively small number of hotspots, be it Tyr's Hand or Skettis, but WotLK effectively took everything of that out while hyperinflation, reduced mount cast times and 225 skill flying mounts being buffed to 160% speed removed the incentives to stay grounded for short distance travel)

While the lore surrounding Yogg-Saron/Ulduar, Vrykul etc. are compelling, the cumulative lore rape (all the previous missteps are still there) continues, including Lich King turning to "I'll get you next time, Gadget" villain with stupid Matthias Lehner lore from the books.

Now, WotLK admittedly has redeeming qualities like nice zones, greater quest variety and previously mentioned more involved "rotations" for most classes, but as a whole it sure as hell isn't great. 3.1 patch however was excellent. It features all the good things about WotLK, many of the expansion's greatest downfalls were yet to make their apperance or were not quite as pronounced (for example, the """"heroics"""" were trivial with fresh 80s, but at least bosses didn't get globalled by welfare-geared groups at that point), the balance in that patch was fine and Ulduar was a damn fine raid. Too bad it was the shortest patch and replaced by fucking TOC out of all things.
>>
northrend was easily the best levelling experience
>>
>>383999184
>>383999148
Oh, and while I like to judge it based on what is actually there and to its credit the features that made it in feel polished and complete, it should be noted that there was huge swaths of content, like Azjol fucking Nerub.
>>
I love Northrend, dragonblight is the biggest zone in the game, they never made huge continents after wotlk
>>
>>383999526
Jade forest is pretty big.
>>
>>383999526
>dragonblight is the biggest zone in the game
Really?
Never noticed
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.