[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this one of the most underrated RPGs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: 2214131-box_witcher[1].png (1MB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
2214131-box_witcher[1].png
1MB, 768x960px
Is this one of the most underrated RPGs?
>>
>>383992203
>underrated
>>
>>383992203
It's overrated.
>>
Witcher 1 not the other witchers
>>
>>383992203
This is the best Witcher game in the series.
>>
>>383992203
True patricians know that this is the game that made the franchise.
To me it is the only witcher game worth playing.
>>
File: 1_.jpg (214KB, 600x853px) Image search: [Google]
1_.jpg
214KB, 600x853px
>>383992203
Nope
>>
>>383992203
Not really, /v/ can't stop sucking its dick.
>>
>>383992203
I think PCMR generally rate it highly but consoleplebs who try it after being introduced to the series by W2/W3 generally hate it with passion.
>>
>>383992203
1>3>2
just like with dark souls
>>
Overrated if anything.
3 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2
>>
It's the ultimate casual filter, really separates stupid xbox underages from real gamers.
>>
>>383993726
It's only a casual filter depending on your perspective. Many longbeards would laugh at Witcher and tell you Baldur's Gate is the ultimate casual filter. I agree with you though.
But fact of the matter is Witcher is takes the CRPG genre and makes it more cinematic and accessible. It's like a Blizzard game with less marketing. It's the Warcraft 3 of CRPGs.
>>
I know a pleb that called it "hot garbage", and recommended someone to just start with the 2nd game. can you guess what his favourite game is?

Overwatch.

Honestly, this is a narrative driven series, to not play all 3 games is fucking stupid, because the gameplay isn't going to be some spectacularly fun experience without the narrative, characters, and world.
>>
In 2010 when there was a literal hateboner for this game and it was generally declared to be "the worst RPG ever" around this board, yes. Back then it was underrated.

Ever since TW2 came out and people started acting like fucking hipsters, no. I love TW1 but if anything, it been consistently overrated and overprized, with people ignoring/excusing major flaws just as desperately, as they used to make them up or overstate them eight years ago. There is a major pretense of TW1 being somehow more "hardcore" and "classic" RPG than the rest of the series (OH THE FUCKING IRONY CONSIDERING WHAT WAS IT'S REPUTATION BACK BEFORE TW2) which is largely completely undeserved.

So no.
Today, TW1 is overhyped. And I say that as somebody who genuinely loved the game.
>>
>>383994074
Casualshitter. KYS.
>>
3>1>2

1 is great but come the fuck on
>>
>>383994074
Are you forgetting that the Witcher originally launched without being the "enhanced edition", and the game nearly flopped because of it?

Only because of the poles persistence in fixing their awful game did it become an all-time classic, and spawn the series that it did.
>>
>>383993959
Second one is pretty shitty if you haven't read the books or don't know the lore.
>>
>>383994254
I read the only translated book at the time (the Last Wish) after I played the original Witcher game because I loved that shit so much.

I hate how normie the game series became, but the best thing about it was that it actually got the other books translated, and it happened fast as shit, too.
>>
>>383994386
>I hate how normie the game series became
It was westernized in 2 because the author rage quit and new writing staff was purchased which took their own "monster lol" approach.
>>
>>383993472
W2 is my first witcher, and W3 is the one i completed first, a year later i played the entire trilogy from W1 and i consider it my favorite.
idk if its just me, but the first two games have much better story and narrative, also Vizima is great.
>>
>>383994154
>Casualshitter. KYS.
Says the person who thinks The Witcher 1 is somehow hardcore classic "true" RPG?
Really? Might want to think your answer through.

>>383994204
Yeah... except that happened in late 2007. Yeah, the game was released in an absolutely terrible state, and needed a lot of fixing.
But that has fuck all to do with what I'm talking about. The massive wave of spite towards TW1 here appeared only around time TW2 released it's first major trailer (the alpha build one), one or two years after the release of Enhanced Edition.
The hate around here had absolutely nothing to do with that. Neither does the prize now.
>>
>>383994472
2 was never a good game this is coming from someone that played it and finished on DARK.
>>
>>383992286
Yeah, Witcher 2, the best Witcher, is kinda underrated.
>>
File: 141711467649.png (2MB, 1662x1608px) Image search: [Google]
141711467649.png
2MB, 1662x1608px
>>383994585
Wide as an ocean deep as a puddle gameplay wise.
>>
>>383993463
Casual: filtered
>>
File: gothic.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gothic.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
Do you even RPG dude
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (2MB, 1832x843px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
2MB, 1832x843px
>>
>>383992203
doing it now, not bad but boring, a lot of fetch quest, but great sidequest too.
Combat is ridiculous.
>>
>>383995565
boring as fuck
>>
>>383992203
I seriously enjoyed the story far more than Witcher 2 or 3, but basically turning combat into a rhythm game seriously rustled my jimmies
>>
>>383997882
>Impeccable world building and immersion is boring
>Aight senpai
>>
>>383997272
>>383998138
The combat is the best in series, git gud.
>>
File: Gwent-Menu.jpg (177KB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
Gwent-Menu.jpg
177KB, 1080x607px
>>383997195
Consoles anon, consoles.
Though it's visible in every next CDPR game. Their UI artists are fucking hot garbage.
Look at Gwent, this game is ugly as fuck. You have to scroll through this shitty menu when half of the options could be fit on one screen.
It doesn't even look stylish and does not resemble Witcher lore at all.
>>
>>383999291
Looks like they hired some Ubisoft or Bethesda hack for UI design.
Gross.
Remember when the UI fitted the theme of the game instead of being sterile and boring?
>>
>>383999561
I recently played Automata and it reminded me of what a good UI means.
Literally every part of it is in some way integrated with the game.
You can even remove part of displayed information to have room for upgrades. Removing OS chip unlocks one of secret endings etc.
In tutorial 9S tells you to adjust your settings during android maintenance.
There are debuffs that glitch the UI etc.
It's still consolised (for obvious reasons) but it at least has a soul.
Every CDPR game after W1 did everything just for it to be passable and abandoned it.
Great example of a good UI is also Persona 5.
>>
>>383993905
And then you have the Wizardry elitist faggots.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.