[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friday the 13th: The Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 3242455-2017-06-02+(1).png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
3242455-2017-06-02+(1).png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>play 1000 matches Jason
>play 1000 matches as a Counselor
>kill 1313 Counselors
>succesfully perform 100 electrical and phone box repairs

What completionist-hating asshole came up with these trophies?
>>
An asshole that knows their game will run dry of players in a month or two and the only way to keep even a remotely respectable playerbase is by making the game take hundreds of hours to achieve every trophy, thus securing the autistic trophy hunter players.
>>
>>383991901
More importantly, why bother with Friday the 13th when there's Dead by Daylight?

Genuine question. I've been looking for a good enough excuse to try Friday but Dead by Daylight has mostly everything Friday seems to offer already. Not to mention the early access tag, though I don't know how much effort the devs put into updates and patches etc.
>>
File: 1496710857683.jpg (11KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1496710857683.jpg
11KB, 326x326px
>>383992017
>tfw this is perfectly accurate and the bastards have me by the shorthairs
>>
>>383992170

DbD you just get meleed a few times and drug by a hook, impaled on a hook, but you can be rescued and completely ignore the big hole in your chest from the hook. AKA the killers don't kill, and the whole thing feels like a gameshow, it doesn't hide its videogameyness very well with atmosphere.

F13 has incredible atmosphere that makes it feel like you're legitimately in the woods with a psycho killer (except when Jason ruins the illusion by micspamming memes or minecraft parody songs), but there's a lot of jank, glitches, and the developers put most of their effort into making Jason fun to play and counselors are kind of second class citizens.
>>
>>383992487
This is the answer I was kind of hoping for. Fully agree on DbD; J'm glad the devs continue to update it rather than release-and-run but I feel like that's it - it's just too arcadey, the horror atmosphere dissipates almost entirely after a few games. Not to say it isn't fun, but that's not really the point here.

>except when Jason ruins the illusion by micspamming memes or minecraft parody songs
pffffffffffft
That being said, the presence of mics does have good potential, I think. Whether it's for entertainment or co-operation.

Still, hopping to this from DbD, I just don't know how many hours I will actually end up sinking into this. I'm hesitant to buy it and end up with a case of 'been there, done that'
>>
Does anyone even give a shit about steam achievements? I only ever cared about Xbox achievements but they feel meaningless on steam/playstation.
>>
>>383992207
You should reevalute your life if you are forcing yourself to play a game just to get a Trophy.
>>
>>383993961

some achievements feel nice to get like when they're a conditional one time thing, like "The (Unlikely) Final Girl" where you have to be the sole survivor of a match as a dumb bimbo character that isn't really the best at anything, and generally relies on others to help them escape.

I got it by being in a match where a streamer had his whole premade group and the Jason focused on them and left me alone while I fixed the phones by myself (even though I was trying to see if anyone smarter in the group could fix it cause I thought Jason would tunnel me if I made a mistake, but he was too focused on fighting the 6 of them and killing them 1 by 1. By the time the cops came it was me and Tommy and he was still on Tommy. I ran to the exit and Jason morphed right into the cops shooting him. That felt good to get.

Then there's the Chad's a Dick Achievement, also good to get, which is leaving by yourself in a vehicle while there's still other counselors alive.

It's the grindy achievements that aren't fun.
>>
>>383993915
I've never actually 'completed' a steam game but have finished about 4 ecksbawks games

It seems as if there are SO many more achievements for steam eh
>>
>>383994786

I completed a few steam games but some of them they added new achievements with patches or DLC and I never got around to completing the new ones (like No Man's Sky). Then there's games like Civ V and Payday 2 that have like 500 achievements in them. Fuck that.

I almost have dark souls 100% completed but I got bored during new game +, missing a few weapons for knight's honor, and the dark lord ending and darkwraith covenenant.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.