[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pitch me your Nintendo Switch game ideas.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: 32165765130_9dddc3887b_b.jpg (60KB, 1024x709px) Image search: [Google]
32165765130_9dddc3887b_b.jpg
60KB, 1024x709px
Pitch me your Nintendo Switch game ideas.
>>
A new Animal Crossing game that isn't fucking spinoff garbage.
>>
You take Breath of the Wild.
And you make a direct sequel.
You do this as many times as possible.
>>
File: nintendo-switch2.jpg (427KB, 1223x684px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-switch2.jpg
427KB, 1223x684px
>>383988002
A revision
>>
>>383988112
But that's not a Hybrid, how would you "Switch"?
>>
File: 1499999065818.png (482KB, 928x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1499999065818.png
482KB, 928x1055px
>>383988002
A game with Wario and Waluigi robbing banks with a bunch of silly sidekicks
A new Warioland game
A real Paper Mario without the gay coloring or sticker gimmicks
>>
>>383988160
They'd do some kind of play on the name just like they did 3ds without the 3d.
>>
You use the joycons to cover your ass using motion controls so that faggot OP can't plunder it.
>>
>>383988112
>joycons permanently attached

into the trash it goes
>>
New Four Sword Zelda game
New Animal Crossing
>>
>>383988160
You "Switch" by putting this big dick in your mouth
>>
>>383988112
Go buy a Vita you sad fuck
>>
Another captive Platinum game
>>
>>383988112
>putting handhelds in your pocket

what the fuck how fat are you that you can fit something the size of a fucking vita in your pocket
>>
File: 276350-nobuo_uematsu2.jpg (22KB, 425x292px) Image search: [Google]
276350-nobuo_uematsu2.jpg
22KB, 425x292px
>>383988002
alright how about this: a Zelda game that's not shit. not done by Nintendo and is how skyward sword was supposed to be. no lower hyrule, only skyworld to explore, an it's massive, with different levels/altitudes that you need to unlock as you progress. every dungeon has very vertical feeling to keep with the theme. you have a bird, but also maybe gliders, etc. later on. there's tons of little secrets/hidden areas and things like weather changes, day/night cycle, etc.
maybe from could do it.
>>
>>383988332
the world ruined skyward sword, clouds were fucking shit
>>
>>383988292
Americans literally keep burgers in their jeans pockets. They try to shove as much in there as they can
>>
File: oh_my_god.jpg (37KB, 512x468px) Image search: [Google]
oh_my_god.jpg
37KB, 512x468px
>>383988112
>fits in your pocket
>permanently attached joycons
>physical buttons
>>
>>383988002
Kirby Air Ride 2. That is all.
>>
>>383988460
ah yeah I forgot the Switch buttons aren't real
>>
>>383988538
They're digital, aka shitty
>>
>>383988112
>a revision that basically kills the entire purpose of a Switch

never going to happen
>>
File: Craig.gif (3MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
Craig.gif
3MB, 360x203px
>>383988292
>how fat are you that you can fit something small in your pocket
What the fuck does that even mean
>>
>>383988002
Literally just port 360 and PS3 games
>>
>>383988575
You're retarded.
>>
>>383988002
Just port the PS2 library
>>
>>383988653
Fat people wear cargo shorts?
>>
>>383988002
Old VirtualBoy games pls
>>
File: PS_Vita_Questions5.jpg (57KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Vita_Questions5.jpg
57KB, 450x338px
>>383988653
>Vita
>Small
>>
>>383988002

Luigi's Mansion Switch. I never really got into the series, but it seems like a great fit for the system.

- Make it more of a direct successor to the 3DS entry, keeping the short levels/missions (good for a portable system) and expanding upon the multiplayer.

- Use HD Rumble to find ghosts.

- (Optional) Motion controls to aim the Poltergust, kind of like Splatoon.

>>383988112

Even ignoring how terrible this idea is otherwise, the fact that this wasn't named the "Lite Switch" disappoints me greatly.
>>
File: tumblr_ktj973brSR1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg (67KB, 700x464px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ktj973brSR1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg
67KB, 700x464px
>>383988112
>What's that in your pocket bro
>O-oh just my Nintendo game console haha want to play
>>
>>383988332
>a Zelda game that's not shit
>not done by Nintendo
>maybe from could do it
Worst post ITT
>>
File: 1459361921664.jpg (186KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1459361921664.jpg
186KB, 650x650px
>>383988002
Metroid of the Wild

Instead of different areas in Hyrule you fly to different planets. The final challenge is storming planet Zebes instead of Hyrule Castle. You can fight bosses and get upgrades in whatever order you want.

This will never exist.
>>
Its simple shovelware shit. But I would buy a cheap collection of visual table games for it (foosball, pool, hockey. Etc). Be some gimicky fun if it was meant to leave the JCs on.
>>
>>383989119
kek
>>
>>383989119
Christ I hope people don't actually do this, just get a backpack ffs
>>
File: Splatoon 2.jpg (27KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
Splatoon 2.jpg
27KB, 512x288px
>>383988002
You play as a kid, who is also a squid. A squid who swims in ink.

You shoot ink from paint guns as a kid.

You regenerate your ink reserves and move quickly as a squid.

Enemies shoot different coloured ink.

You can only swim in ink which matches your colour.

I reckon we should call it Splatoon.

Pic is how I think it should look.
>>
>>383988002
2-5 Player game, requires 2 or more consoles. Dungeon crawler RPG, general mechanics are up for grabs, whether it's first person or 3rd person action adventure or turn taking, anything in between, doesn't matter. The core concept is that the game has a single player mode and a multi-player mode. In single player you have your own characters who can grind to gain levels or acquire equipment or items. There's a single player campaign, but players can also download player built maps to do runs through. Because characters can create their own maps based on what they've been able to fight and beat and based on their own level or the level of the players running through the dungeon. In multiplayer, one player acts as a DM who sets up the dungeon before hand and controls the monsters in the actual games, switching between monsters at will to control Monster Generals in game that might buff their allies or hit harder than normal monsters until they're defeated and they'ld be able to issue attack orders. And then the DM player switches to the next monster on their list when one of them is destroyed, until they over shadow the boss monster. In multiplayer, the DM sees their own screen and can play on their own screen, but the players can work off of 1 Switch themselves (so they can have 4 players split screen on the tv) or any number of switches up to 1:1 per player. Character save data can be transferred to a friends switch for split screen if preferred.

Map creation allows for players to make a map any size with any layout so long as it's within set limitations tied to their own strongest character. The game will auto assign a minimum and maximum level rating to the map itself so players aren't expected to fighting lv100 monsters at lv1, unless they for some reason choose to do so. Chests can contain any item the map creator had the mats to create, but the item is given a level that not only raises the level of the map, but also raises the monster parameter.1/?
>>
>>383989286
No way a switch could even handle that, not even the Xbone/PS4 could. I hope they do a normal console next generation and make it as powerful as possible then "Metroid of the Wild" would be an reality. At least we have Metroid 4 coming....
>>
>>383989668
Somehow I don't think that would be very popular in Japan
>>
>Zelda game, except it's portable
>Mario game, except it's portable
>Metroid game, except it's portable
>Smash Bros. game, except it's portable
>Pikmin game, except it's portable

etc etc
>>
>>383989726
Well you could make it so it's just the immediate areas around the Landing Zone. Each one around the size of one of BotW's 15 Regions.
>>
>>383989852
I guess so, but zelda gets away with having simple graphics compared to metroid. I don't know how it would look without looking cartooney to be runable on the switch.
>>
>>383989723
Monster parameter sets a limited monster score based on map level that must be reached in order for a map to be considered playable. For example, base monster parameter score might be 10, lv1 slimes are worth 1. So in a basic level 1 map, you might have 10 lv1 slimes. Except, you're required to place at least one boss that would be worth more points based on what it is and how difficult it is. So maybe a KingSlime is the boss in your lv1 dungeon, and he takes up 3 points leaving you with 7 lv1 slimes instead. Adding chests and items in said chests lets you raise the monster parameter. So you put a chest down with a potion in it and suddenly you have 13 monster parameter points instead of 10 for your level 1 dungeon. So you can now go back to your 10 slimes and one KingSlime, but once you set down another potion chest and raise the MPP to 16, the dungeon becomes level 2. And you're only allowed to make a level 2 dungeon if you own a character yourself that's level 2 or above.

Dungeons also have requirements based on other things. You can't block monsters off from from the party directly via a wall or anything, and you can't place only 1 monster (a boss) and nothing else. And even though generals can give orders to monsters, some monsters will still attack if the general tells them to wait for too long. This is to ensure a player doesn't literally just create a map for their friends that just gives away high level gear. Also, players can't play maps that are a certain level above their own, and can't use weapons a certain level above their own. Or can, but they don't go to the post dungeon inventory when the player finishes a dungeon, because players don't get the items they pick up until after the dungeon is complete, and even then might not get the items at all if the dungeon is designed in such a way that the item doesn't drop from the dungeon (potions would be a good example, as they shouldn't constantly drop form every dungeon). 2/?
>>
>>383989983
>compared to metroid
>purple space Dragon
It would be fine
>>
>>383988948
>back pocket
Wanna know how I figured out that you're a dumbass
>>
>>383990287
In single player mode, players could probably sell in game items to make in game currency and use that (and other items) to purchase/create stuff they found but couldn't take in other dungeons.

There would also be a friend card system, so if you trade cards with another player via spot pass or in game, the card is updated every time you interact with that person. And having the card allows them to play split screen on your switch, or allows you to place them as an NPC in a dungeon. Possibly. I dunno. Also, a player can increase their dungeons MPP by a set amount by adding random items instead of hand picked ones. So a chest would have a setting for item type, item level, amount, and a tag for keep item or drop item and these could all be set to random (or something like "Healing:random;1;1;y"=2MPP, "Potion;1;1;y"=3MPP, etc) or you could choose a specific item for it's set price.

Game cycle would probably then be: going into the dungeons (online, single player, or multiplayer) building levels and gaining items and resources and meeting players to trade cards with. Spending money on items and building new items (healing, weapons, armor). Then making maps to challenge your friends (or randos online) with while using the resources you built, the levels you gained, and the people you met as building blocks for the maps. Also, only items you've collected, monsters you destroyed, and boss monsters you yourself have beaten would be able to go into dungeons you build.

I think that's about all I have for this idea. 3/3
>>
>>383990780
>>383990287
>>383989723
I sort of imagine it as being something like a cross between Monster Hunter and Mario Maker with Dungeons and Dragons. Plus, Zelda and some Etrian Odyssey in there, somewhere, depending on the game play.
>>
>>383988112
this boy literally thought he had a great idea
>>
Tellius Fire Emblem spiritual successor
Metroid: Dread
Good ports of MGS 1-3
>>
A phantasy star online rerelease for switch.

Make it happen, sega. OR ARE YOU TOO BUSY WITH SANIC AND THE OC ADVENTURES.
>>
>>383988054
First post is best fucking post.
>>
>>383988519
Yeah baby
>>
>>383990780
>>383990287
>>383989723
Oh, I should add. The player Acting as DM gets specific items and resources for their main character save when they beat the other players, and not nearly as much if the other players succeed (I would say not at all if the players succeed over the DM, but people would be less likely to want to DM under those conditions). But the drops the DM receives are sometimes low percentage drops who's drop percent is increased based on how far the players get into the map. So your drops depend on the specific map you made based on the boss, the level of the map, and the minions in the map + the number of minions. And your likelihood of getting those drops depends on how long the player can stay alive while going through your map and how much experience they rack up before you kill them. Maybe you have a map with a 1% drop rate for an item you need, but if they players complete the map 100% and then get to the boss and you beat them when you're at 10% health, that 1% is suddenly a 100% drop.

Also, players wouldn't level up in maps, they'ld level up after and they probably wouldn't be allowed to take gold from a player created map back into the regular game, because that's really exploitable. Even with monster drops being required for high level gear (although, maybe there's a way to balance that, I don't know).

Maybe to make money useful in player created maps, a DM could add shop keepers with set items and levels that ass a standard amount of MPP in the dungeon creation system. Like, a lv1 shopkeeper sells potions and antidotes and costs about as much as a chest of 10 potions, which would be super high if not for the fact that the shopkeeper has infinite potions for sale as long as the in game players have the cash for it. And weapon smiths and other shop keepers would be possibilities for other prices. NPCs added out of character cards would definitely raise the level and force more MPP to be used.
>>
>>383989119
>putting ds on back pocket

somebody doesn't like sitting down...
>>
>>383991960
And MPP, I should definitely add would have a lower limit as well as an upper. Like with the lv1 dungeon example, upper limit was 10, lower would be 1. You can't not place at least something that costs 1. Lv2 would be high 20, low 15. And so on and so on. Maybe changed depending on level inflation. Maybe a specific limitation on the number of minions per specific boss. Like a Demon King doesn't just cost 100 MPP, he also requires at least 20 minions or something.

It keeps people from making levels that would be too easy for online players to grind out for free cheap shit.

And for online shit: every time a map is played online it determines if a player beat it or lost and then adds a point to the maps drops for the creator. Because I feel like it wouldn't be worth it to determine what every single player doing online multiplayer maps got as a percentage. So after a certain set number of plays the map creator is given one of the drops. Maybe it's a point system they can spend on drops within that maps listed possibilities or maybe it's just automatic and it randomizes the drops or each one has a specific amount if points that it drops for and then it resets it's counter. I dunno. Something like that.

Now I'm done, I think. I get the feeling I'm just talking into the void, anyway.
>>
Red steel sequel but that's already in the works, so:

Eternal Darkness: Festering Beneath
>plenty of opportunities for fucking with the player via horror stuff so i'll just let you imagine those (here's a freebie though, game switches to tablet mode when docked when sanity is too low, for a brief moment.)
>the unused fifth elemental is brought back as a direct competitor to mantorok
>controls would be fairly standard joycon control, inscribing runes with motion control (or utilizing a joycon combination to do so) mimicing castlevania dawn of sorrow with the sealing runes.
>story could focus instead of on a variety of characters instead on alex and mantorok and the yellow ancient
>further exploration into cosmic horror stuff/elder gods stuff
there's a lot of potential for it, but it's unfortunate it'll never happen with silicon knights being dead and the few staff left trying to make that first person generic survival horror that has none of the charm.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.