[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uh oh, Japan likes it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Are you ready for the inevitable Castlevania 3 remake?
Fuck Konami and Ellis for shitting on Grant though.
>>
>>383985719
when ever a show or movie follows a lore too much it turns to shit. This was actually good, people complaining don't know how to make movies or write decent dialogue.
>>
Was Grant the priest dude? I was a bit lost there
>>
>>383988186
Nope. Ellis didn't include Grant because he "couldn't think of any use for him" or some bullshit excuse like that, I forgot the exact words.
They threw those "hints" in there on purpose just to rub salt in the wound. Hell, Trevor even notes that knife is a "thief's knife". Tell me that shit ain't intentional.
tfw I'm still holding out for Grant in Season 2 even though I know it's unlikely as fuck at this point.
Kill me.
>>
>>383988465
Doesnt sound like shitting on him.
>>
>>383985719
I'd settle for a dracula x like remake for the trilogy
>>
>>383988465
They will fight some monster and it will end up being Grant.

Show needs a character with humor anyway.
>>
>>383988619
>trilogy 1, 3 and 4 right?
>>
Where do all these Grant fags come from, he's a glorified flea man in the game, don't tell me they actually like Judgments version of the characters
>>
>>383988679
I thought that was Trevor?
>>383988772
No, dumpass.
Vampire Hunter, Haunted Castle, and X68K.
>>
>>383988814
I personally just like the Famicom version of him.
NES version is watered down, but FC Grant is pretty baller. That said, even the NES version can still make pretty quick work of some platforming, and his mobility isn't tied to hearts like Alucard is for his batshit magic.
>>
>>383988465
Ellis said a while back he didn't want to include grant because a pirate in the middle of Wallachia is dumb, and he didn't want to write dialogue involving a guy called DaNasty.
>>
>>383988814
Grant is the first bro you can get, can go on both routes in Loop 1, and his ability to climb on anything forever is more reliable and creative than Alucard flying around. He also had a very high jump, some ability to change direction in the air, and in the Japanese version he threw his knives. Even in the English version he has a high rate of attack, so he can swiftly shiv the shit out of any enemy in the game. Him looking like a "normal"/non-fucked up version of a Flea Man was also cool, as it gave us an idea of where Dracula's minions come from, and considering that the JP version of the game didn't even have them, the Flea Men could have in fact been based on Grant after he helped kick Dracula's ass.
>>
File: 1481638003895.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481638003895.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
How do you know Japan likes it?
>>
>>383990329
>pirate
He was just a "noble thief" though. And it's not like they had to say his last name either. Just call him Grant. Makes him that much more of a peasant.
Or just give him his "proper" last name, which they didn't do for Sypha.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_D%C4%83ne%C8%99ti
>>
>>383985719
>4 episodes
>>
>>383985719

I've only played a few Castlevania games (SOTN mostly).
I really liked the show, the animation was nice, and despite being 4 episodes which was pretty letdowny, I understand it was probably because the production value was good. It had a hand-drawn feel rather than the overused cartoony computer-processed fill-color stuff you see so much.
I'd watch more. Hell i'd probably even throw some money at it.

>t. Not an art student, an anime fan (generally), or a huge castlevania buff. It was a great little show.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.