[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you lads think of emerging genre of movie games like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

What do you lads think of emerging genre of movie games like heavy rain and until dawn etc?

>inb4 I like the uncharted series
>>
facial animations aren't there yet for it to work properly
>>
>>383985405
I have no problem with them, although I do feel $60 in most, if not all, cases is way too much for them.
>>
>>383985405
I love them. Had a blast playing beyond 2 souls with a buddy. There is no reason to be mad the cinematic games exist
>>
>>383985405
>emerging genre of movie games
Heavy rain was ok, didn't play Until dawn yet but it's good to have a choice as far as the gaming genres are concerned.
>>
>>383987339
>had a blast played beyond two souls with a buddy
Same here, a friend and I played through it together and it was probably the most fun we've ever had playing vidya together. Most of the fun of course came from us just fucking around and shitting on David Cage, but still it was a shit ton of fun.
>>
Why does everyone call Uncharted series a movie game? Have you actually played it? There's an awful lot of shooting. Borderline too much, since it's not that good, I would actually prefer less. I mean Heavy Rain was definitely a movie game but Uncharted is nothing like ti
>>
>>383985405
MGS got out in '98 senpai
>>
>>383987586
Salty members of PCMR != everyone.
>>
>>383987586
Just because there are cutscenes and set pieces it's a movie game according to this board. That's /v/ for you.
>>
>>383985405
I like them but only when they cost less than 20.
>>
>>383987586
Memes.
>>
I wish Madison had the option of sleeping with Paco. I don't like how they turned it into harassment/assault, she could have taken charge from the very beginning and getting the information she needed from him instead of making her look like a victim. They even had her doing all the flirting from the start, but then made her shy away and become unfonfident for no reason.
>>
>>383985405
I'm not against them, I like the concept and even the execution (Decision-wise) of Heavy Rain
If more games did as it did, (cough cough)Telltale(cough cough), there would be enough choice, consequence, and replayability to justify 60 bucks.

Though I don't think Mr. Cage or Telltale should be the ones at the forefront of these games, their games kind of suck.
>>
>>383987659
In MGS though the cutscenes are always separate from the gameplay. MGS4 gets a lot of stick for being a 'movie' but while there's a tonne of cutscenes they're all skippable and you're free to go through the game at whatever pace and whatever manner you choose.
>>
>>383985405
How do these games even play? Are there actual ways to constantly change the story making it replayable over and over or is it jus a bunch qtes that only can change shit like what hat the characters wear?
>>
>>383988107
>constantly change the story
No such thing exists yet in video gaming.
Go play real life D&D with a competent dungeon master if that's what you seek.
>How do these games even play?
Heavy Rain played a lot like old adventures, you walk around, explore, pick up things, solve puzzles or go trough occasional action sequences.
Some of your choices affect the endings.
>>
>>383987586

because every moment outside the parts where you can shoot stuff might as well be a cutscene since the puzzles and platforming are impossible to fail
>>
>>383985405
Fahrenheit I.P. first half was great. Second half made by raging autismo such as Wachowskich Sisters (formerly brothers)
>>
>>383989958
>Wachowskich Sisters (formerly brothers)

Just googled this, holy fucking hell
>>
>>383990785
Suddenly the thought on remake of the Matrix has become a scary scary thing
>>
So long as it doesn't become a trend, I'm fine with them existing
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.