[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dota 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 28

File: 5.jpg (18KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
18KB, 390x390px
How is everything with this game nowadays ever since they did that god awful update where they added "talents' and shit
>>
More or less the same, the talent stuff wasn't as big as people thought. Valve are steadily going through and swapping out shit talents for decent ones, and slowly removing boring stat talents for actual ability talents.

I think some customs are still broken, and by some its likely most of them.
>>
>>383983979
It's all still there, but the game's been fixed a lot since then. Base 7.00 was a complete shit show, but shrines got nerfed, jungle spawns are back to 1 minute, and the gold and xp curves aren't as ridiculous anymore.
>>
from what i've seen it's become a big giant clusterfuck.

they've also been nerfing treant protector to ground. i liked him but now he's completely unusable
>>
Their plan to turn dota into "lol for cool people" is coming along nicely

I largely stoppedvplaying when they added talents
>>
File: 1488236674008.jpg (72KB, 487x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488236674008.jpg
72KB, 487x450px
>>383985694
>Their plan to turn dota into "lol for cool people" is coming along nicely
Do tell, in what ways is this actually happening
>>
>>383983979
>assfaggots
>>
game is in a very good state

community however is not
>>
File: league_of_legends.png (6KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
league_of_legends.png
6KB, 48x48px
I don't get mobas.

Wouldn't you rather play an FPS game with "abilities" you can upgrade instead? Games like LoL or Dota look lame as fuck.

I am not making an argument. I am appealing to basal instincts.
>>
>>383987834
no?
>>
>>383987834
They did that, it was called Monday night combat and it was incredibly fun.

Then the company making the game announced a sequel, stopped all development of the current game, and the sequel turned out to be one of the worst games I've ever played.
>>
>>383987834
Could be you enjoy rapid action in perspective than top down strategy like games? Idk i don't really fancy mobas either. Doesn't mean they're bad though.
>>
Selling my stuff slowly. Waiting for Nintendo to release Fire Emblem moba.
>>
>>383987982
MNC was pretty fun
>>
>>383987834
Why would I play an FPS game for abilities, that's stupid as fuck, I play FPS games for FPS. While it's obvious that you're just skirting around mentioning Overwatch even TF2 doesn't have "abilities" and it plays more similarly an arcade FPS.
>>
>>383987834
>Wouldn't you rather play an FPS game with "abilities" you can upgrade instead?
No? The game is pretty heavily designed around the bird's eye view and being able to freely move and target units. It's an ARPG, just slapping it into an FPS engine wouldn't really work. Overwatch is probably the closest thing to what you're asking for (that's still alive anyways, rip MNC), and it's an entirely different game because the perspective inhibits and encourages various mechanics styles of gameplay.

Do you also wish Diablo was an FPS?
>>
>>383987834
hi randy, nobody gonna play battleborn.
give up now.
>>
>>383983979
my exams are running, after exams thinking of trying it again i loved it but stopped playing on 6.78 what do i need to know, have it been changed a lot?
>>
>>383988881
Balanar can fly.
Treant is shit.
>>
>>383988881
>2017
>not failing exams to play vidya
>>
>>383988992
Fug treant was my fav hero a long with dazzle and omni.
Dazzle was my top fav char.
Balanar you mean he can fly over terrains?
>>
>>383987667
I bet you didn't read the ENTIRE patch notes and changelogs from the last year or two.

They started making changes in favor of noobs, and bad players.

Now, from the top of my head:

They added two runes, because one rune was too hard to find with no vision. Plus, they added bounties to help noobs get gold and xp when they miss last hits.

They added the AWFUL comeback mechanic, where you could be 0-20 wih 2lh the whole game, and then just kill a single Godlike enemy with your Zeus ult--or whatever kill-steal spell--and the gold and xp graph would literally flip in your favor.

Added notifications showing you exactly how much damage you're taking (-40, -42, -120 crit, -41, etc).

Added notifications showing you how long your stun is gonna last, when you are stunned... because it was too hard for dumb players to remember it by heart.

Added new random weapons, with different unrelated stats, like in LoL. For example, items that give mana, armor, agility, crit, active, passive, etc. all in the same fucking item.

And many more things!

Now, I won't even talk about 7.00, because that patch speaks for itself. It made me quit the fucking game... after playing the it for more than 14 years, starting with the Starcraft/Warcraft mod.

Let's get real, Valve just wants to make money out of micro-transactions. And to do so, they need MORE players. The League players didn't like Dota 2 in the beginning, because it was hard. So now, they are making it fun for noobs right from the start.

Meanwhile, some game-breaking problems that were adressed 5 years ago--like the Peruvians or Russians playing on non-english servers with 400 ping--only got fixed recently!

It shows you where Valve puts its priorities...
>>
>>383989060
I left dota for 3rd strike on fightcade got really good but now its absolutely in deathbed i have to beg people to play even after they leave after 1 or 2 matches having no kind of rank or points have both its merits and demerits. People really tend to leave easily
>>
>>383989136
But the game has lost 25% of its playerbase in the past year and has literally never been popular in NA.
>>
>>383989136
>Comeback mechanic being bad

If you are so fucking ahead that ONE team fight can turn the game around, you should have won by that point instead of fucking about. Not my fault that you decided to not push throne when the Medusa is actually slowly getting farm.
>>
>>383989136
lol
>>
>>383989090
Yes, they are slowly removing passives and reworking them into spells. His passive now can be activated to fly for 1 or 2 seconds at night.
>>
>>383989136
Half the things you complain about are direly needed QoL improvements to the fucking horrible gamedesign from original doto
But of course you slammed your head against it for 500 hours so newbs should do the same thing
>>
>>383989136
>Plus, they added bounties to help noobs get gold and xp when they miss last hits.

>something that benefits both good and bad players equally is obviously a noob addition because I am a blithering retard
Don't even need to read the rest of your post, it's going to be equally stupid
>>
>>383989136
>because it was too hard for dumb players to remember it by heart.
Lmao what the fuck are you on about, you could always just check above your HP bar and it would show a circle with the time and tell you the exact time if you hovered over it with your mouse.
>>
>>383989136
>I lost to noobs while diving their fountain, fuck valve!!!!
>>
>>383989439
Fug so its real that it is becoming lol.
I think i should just buy guilty gear or kof xiv. From all the news its really sounds bad
>>
>>383989671
Some passives deserved to be reworked.

Void as a big example. Not only did it dodge basically every source of damage, but it also dodged heals.
>>
>>383989750
Kek
based void
>>
>>383983979
I am actually having a lot of fun with it. Think balance is in a pretty good place right now. Games can go on for a while but they don't turn into farmfests. At least that's my experience with it.
>>
>>383989750
Void was so good right after the rework when Dilation effected spells that weren't even cast, just pop it and watch everyone slow themselves by panic casting their entire arsenal
>>
>>383983979
looking at the player stats, it seems people came back
>>
>>383989671
They are only removing must-have shit like krob and sylla passives and putting them on the spell level ups.
On the contrary, they took away nature's guise from treant and made it into a passive with bash if you attack from invis, which was then nerfed into a root.
>>
I feel like the frog isn't really involved with the game anymore. What we have now is a Dota balanced by 3k mmr valve employees.
>>
>>383988881
Riki got reworked like 3 times.
>>
>>383989136
>oh my god things changed after 15 years and we can't have that
every time
>>
i stopped playing in 2015 when i couldnt stand the playerbase anymore

bunch of dumb beaners and chinks throwing games because someone too 'their' rune or they dont like a hero someone picked or just because they fucking feel like it. im surprised valve still hasnt added a region lock but i guess if it doesnt produce money valve doesnt care.
>>
Dota 2 is dead now.

It has become a casual game, like LoL. I would even say it is now WORSE than LoL.

I stopped playing the game after 7.00, but my little 12 years old brother plays it. He used to play League, but I gave him my Dota 2 account so he can play.

He basically minimizes the game ever 2 minutes to go chat on fb, and browse the web. Yet, he still manages to win by playing in 4,800k mmr with my account.

He started playing the game about a month after 7.00 and had no prior experience with DotA or Dota 2.

Shows you how challenging the game is nowadays.
>>
>>383983979
I can't play because i don't have a phone.
>>
>>383991107
>>383989136
sad
>>
>>383989202
Probably because the 7.0 patch blows.

Valve is pulling an S2, focusing too much on esports shit and noob friendliness that they're forgetting fun comes first.

The new map is fucking awful, it has 0 proper juke spots anymore and there are so much uphill spots it might as well be covered in LOL/HOTS grass
>>
File: IMG_4476.jpg (129KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4476.jpg
129KB, 960x800px
Stop supporting a dead game you fucks.
>>
>>383991471
>dead game
>20m prize pool for a yearly tourney

and valve gets like 180m from the rest of the sales of the compendium

valve has the game exactly where they want it lol
>>
>>383991401
>focusing too much on esports shit
But Dota-Allstars is always about Esport shit.
>that they're forgetting fun comes first.
Are you talking about 5.xx?
>>
>>383991471

Overwatch and PUBG will destroy all MOBAS just give it time.
>>
>>383991636
I don't know about PUBG, but OW esport division is in complete meltdown since the last three months.
>>
>>383991636
not a chance.
>>
>>383991471
By "dead", we mean that what Dota is supposed to be is GONE.

The pricepool is bigger, because Valve started focusing on how to milk dumb fucks--like you--and sell you useless battlepasses and other immortal shit.

You will never know what DotA and the early Dota 2 were like. You've missed your chance, unfortunately.

P.S: Enjoy your new sets and immortals!

Dumb fuck.
>>
File: Meepo Portrait.jpg (128KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
Meepo Portrait.jpg
128KB, 594x334px
>tfw I want the desert skin but I didn't fall for useless book meme
>>
>>383991882
>i-it's suppose to be dead!!! Why won't it die!?
>It's not my game
>>
>>383991882
>we mean that what Dota is supposed to be is GONE.
Seen the same ramble when IF take over 12 years ago.
I'm pretty sure most people don't care when they rework Chaos Damage Riki's ward or any other prehistoric bullshit.
Also thanks fuck they didn't bring back buff aura.
>>
>>383991882
>shitposting like this in every dota thread you see because your retarded 3k ass in upset about changes
you are pathetic.
>>
File: 1455943790772.jpg (49KB, 649x638px) Image search: [Google]
1455943790772.jpg
49KB, 649x638px
>tfw I've spent £45 on this year's book
>>
>>383992293
>thinking you're elite, because you're playing Dota 2 in 2017
>has hundreds of sets and compendiums, but still doesn't know how to place a ward
>p-p-pathetic y-y-ou are 3k hurr durr

You're the reason why this game has become a casual shitfest. You have no idea how to play it, and you just forward to buy your next useless skin.

Dumb cunt.
>>
>>383992604
post your dotabuff or shut the fuck up retard.
>>
>Before 7.00
>Game struggle to reach 80% pick rate for all heroes
>After 7.00
>More than 90% pick rate on all heroes is very common.
Is this the most balance dota ever?
So far there is only one hero left that got pick most of the time and this usually only by teams with low heroes pool.
Before this we usually got at least four or five heroes in each patch that be considered OP two years ago

I kinda miss the Favorite of the Patch line up that we used to get couple years back, because its kinda fun shitposting about how to counter them those kind of heroes, but these days you can win with anything.
>>
>>383989136
I don't know why are you so mad about 7.00. The changes are pretty well received by players. It seems to benefit mid player more than ever.

>two runes and bounties
It is so the game won't be so heavily RNG. Mid player now has more reliable way to fill their botles

>added the AWFUL comeback mechanic
comeback mechanic was added way back. On current version, it has less gold/exp swing than before. I think it's pretty welcoming addition since you won't have to see 50 minutes games where both sides turtle to victory.

>Added notifications showing damage
What's so bad about it? I believe you can turn it off

>Added notifications showing you how long your stun is gonna last
It helps a lot on chain stun even in high mmr matches.

>Added new random weapons, with different unrelated stats
Oh yeah like what?

>many more things!
many more stuffs to play with. Would you rather have more hats or no contents?

> Valve just wants to make money out of micro-transactions
They are optional. They won't affect your gameplay in anyway and it's their only way to earn money. Do you want them to charge subscription fee instead?

Changes are welcome and they can be fixed. LoL has copy a lot of dota2 features too, anyway instead of arguing which company copy whom i personally think copying the other games that help enhance their games is pretty smart move. Stuff like magic life steal, passive that can be activated, visual that help player help to make the games more diverse or fun. It's not like every heroes in dota2 somehow change into the LoL champion with generic +damage to autoattack, gap closer, cc/shield of any kind, ulti.
>>
>>383992904
>Is this the most balance dota ever?
I am not sure about balance but it's less about carry now so can fit a lot more heroes that don't heavily rely on their lategames. Kind of shame they nerf lina hard, it's kind of unfair. Now she's weak in laning phase and mediocre in late game.
>>
>>383992907
Don't bother, he's one of the shitters that react allergic to any change whatsoever, no matter if it's good for the game or not
>>
>>383983979
as a support player I welcome the talents, on some heroes they helped me become more useful in the late game and can even transition some support heroes into a semi-carry.
>>
Dota shows no sign of slowing down, the prize pool breaks records every year and the player base has only grown each day (granted, by a super small percent, but at least it isn't dying)
>>
File: 1499234196929.jpg (39KB, 599x555px) Image search: [Google]
1499234196929.jpg
39KB, 599x555px
>>383992423
>Spent 100$+
>I barely play Dota anymore
>>
>>383992904
It's because of the new mechanics that give you extra gpm and xpm. And, because of the skill tree, where you can choose extra stats or abilities for your hero.

What does it mean?

It means hat you don't have to spam the same good heroes ever again. You just pick whatever you want, and you'll do well. I.E: can't get any farm with Ancient Apparition, or you're squishy for the enemy team? No problem, just pick your new attribute from the skill tree, and you're all set.

Dumb patch, for dumb people.

>>383992907
>well received by the players

Yeah, well received by dumb people that spend more time browsing the Dota 2 store than actually playing the game. And they can't even manage to get 10 last hits by minute 20, let alone place a ward.

You obviously didn't play the game when it was still in closed beta. And you definitely never touched DotA.

Come back when you will have over 10 years of experience playing the game, and not 2 months of buying sets and trading immortals.
>>
>>383992604
>if I put stutters in my green text I am cool
>>
>>383993340
reminder that this autist says the same things in every dota thread and refuses to post his dotabuff because he's a trashcan
>>
>>383993085
Lina utility and nuke is insane, what I'm surprised about is how SF finally back to the meta.

>>383993340
>It means hat you don't have to spam the same good heroes ever again.
Eh? I think you missed my point where teams with low heroes pools still pick the same OP heroes.
High pick rate happen from teams with large heroes pool, so they got higher pick rate and ban rate.
Before this pretty much everyone just banned and pick the same heroes, no any amount of golds they got in late game can survive that.
>>
>>383993340
>being so stupid you don't know how a zero sum game works
Those changes that benefit bad players also benefit good players, the playing level is once again equal
You're just old and can't adapt to change
Maybe git gud faggot
>>
>>383993517
This
You can tell by how he uses double space and keeps repeating the same dumbfuck arguments even though he's getting btfo every single time
>>
>>383993517
>>383993548
>>383993591

>reported! fucking noob! I don't care if you have 100 lh by min 10 and you are 20-0.
>guys, let me do my compendium challenge plz. I need to plant 10 wards this game, even tho I'm playing as Magina

I bet you're typing this shit in-game, thinking you're some good player.

Did you play DotA from the Warcraft III days... regularly?
Were you invited to beta test Dota 2 with a few other select players... and asked to make suggestions and changes?
Did you participate to any serious tournaments?

If you can't answer yes, to ALL of these questions, don't even bother responding to me.

P.S: A new set is out for Slark! Hurry up! Go buy it!
>>
@383994040
post dotabuff
>>
File: 1499922774478.jpg (24KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
1499922774478.jpg
24KB, 450x320px
>>383993197
>used to play Lina a lot
>she can be played as support and carry
>some pro fag abuse the talents and play her as solely super carry
>icefrog dropped the hammer
>less magic damage, medium speed attack speed
why

>used to pick PL right after its agi growth 4.0
>not popular yet on pro scene
>Pro started picking him and turned him into cancer
>Icefrog somehow doesn't like how the hero turned out
>nerf the shit out of his illusions and agi
>give him passive so useless he might as well have 3 skills only
please stop nerfing what i like
>>
>>383994040

>>383992147
>>
>>383993269
>player base has only grown each day
Nope, it's going down. you can check the number on steam.
>>
>>383991636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLbkVPXxNTI
>>
>>383994181
I blame PUBG, all my customers who usually play moba or OW now got absorbed by this piece of shit hide and seek game.
>>
>>383987834

for me, Dota 2 is like this big team battle royale where everyone's abilities and items interact with a chemistry.

To me that is what is interesting about the game and what keeps me coming back, the fact that the abilities and items in this game have so many unique interactions.

I find League of Legends, Smite, and other MOBA's boring because they lack this and most of their in-game items are just stat buffs, while most of the abilities are samey and lack this same interaction.

These interactions are also how Dota 2 is balanced compared to other MOBA's, it's the reason you can have "broken" heroes like Rubick, Bloodseeker and Invoker without it being an insta-lock pick for every game.
>>
>>383994274
Do you run an internet cafe?
>>
>>383993340
I don't play mobas anymore, but if I were, I'd be glad that you left
>>
>>383992907

>>two runes and bounties
>It is so the game won't be so heavily RNG. Mid player now has more reliable way to fill their botles

People don't realize this but it's also clearly something Valve added to encourage more teamfights and engagements. There are a lot more small skirmishes going on now because of additional bounty runes and the rune spots in the river. This makes the game more fun to watch and play.
>>
>>383994661
But anon it clearly benefits noobs even though I as a 1337 pro get the same exact advantages from picking it up
I will never understand how people can continue to make these dumbfuck arguments after their idiocy has been pointed out to them multiple times
>>
>>383994505
Yes, only 60 units tho.
>>
Only issue I have with the latest patch is that mid is too fucking important. Extra creep means a lot and one retard on your team going mid will fuck you hard.
>>
>>383989136

Thanks god you don't play anymore, I bet you're the type of player who still use thoses old awful WC3 Dota build and feed like shit and then blame everyone because people don't play around your awful builds.

Also, I'm kinda sure you're Pinoy, no one can't be that retarded, even Peruvians are better than you.

Two runes are a good addition since mid isn't a random clusterfuck about who pick the right side of the river anymore, also bounty runes is a good addition since now you can play more aggresive supports and roam without getting behind.

comback mechanic was awful when they introduced it like 2 years ago, now is pretty good since losing team will look for pick-off instead of turtle farming for 2 hours, also, if you're so ahead and you still lose then you deserve it.

Oh no, notification, showing how long stuns last and how much damage you receive/does, what an awful game, I bet you also cried when they added a different sound when you use Blink dagger correctly, since it only help players to improve, if you're good thoses things don't have any effect on you.

The rest you said is just dumb, and you should feel ashamed about yourself.
>>
>>383994757
Radical
Do people still play older lan games there, like AoE2 or something?
>>
>>383989136
>2 runes.
Wrong. There are two rune spots but only one rune spawning as well.
There are 2 bounties. The amount of gold you get for wasting all that lane farm getting there is less then the lane farm. Merely 2 LH is enough then a bounty, of which even a noob could get.
The design was to give supports and junglers more xp whilst making bottles more valuable for both lanes.

>Muh comeback
Shitty comeback memes is far less a problem then teams being trapped in 50+ minute games they lost twenty minutes in.
It encourages teams to be consistantly good and provides no excuse for the whiny faggots who bitch for surrenders. You always have a chance, dont fuck it up.

>Added notifications.
Literally nothing wrong with this. They have given the option to turn it off so you can be purist as you want while newcomers get to see information right away. This does not affect you at all besides the pubs you bitch about getting better.

>new weapons like lol
Shit argument, almost all the items build into actives that are completely unique, something lol never does.

>I wont even talk about the entire point im bitching about.
Then fuck off to the gulag and stop whining if you will not even discuss it.

The only argument you have thats on point are the bugs. However this is valve. Valve are unfortunately fucking abysmal with bug fixes and always have been.

Pretty much everything you complained about is whining that you cannot pubstomp shitters in the early game and then jack off about it and play sloppy because youve guaranteed it no matter what.
Sorry fucko, you have to earn your victories throughout the whole match now.
>>383993340

>He actually admits to not wanting evened pick rates, variety of hero picks and decent balance, because he wants to feel like a psuedointellectal for playing a fucking moba.

You are actually trash, may you never get into game design.
>>
>Playing a game as jungle Naix. Situational pick because they had a lot of tanks and Bristle wanted to solo lane.

>Safelane loses really hard, mid loses really hard, offlane does fine, but the enemy team is steamrolling over us

>Defending our asses off but enemy team is snowballing too hard, they're in our base and the game's pretty much gg at this point. Only 2 items at 40 mins. Bristle has the most farm on team.

>Enemy team chasing me as Naix, I infest bomb and run away as Bristle walks in to them as a crowd

>They all start wailing on him and he's clearly about to die

>enemy pudge activates Blademail, He has 10 quill stacks on him, this creates a feedback loop- entire enemy team dies instantly and Bristleback gets a rampage.

most bullshit I ever saw. We still lost this game but this clip is probably going to show up on Dota WTF soon

volvo pls fix, bristleback should not be able to deal >10k damage in an instant
>>
>>383994804
Only old timer like me play those kind of games.
Back in the 2003 we usually got Civ, FM, AoE, Empire Earth, and SC/WC3 custom game nights, now everything is about streamer games.
It used to be MOBA because it was heavily shilled by Garena with bi-weekly mini tourneys.

Most of my old friends already married so we don't have time for LAN nights anymore.
>>
>>383994968
nice
>>
>>383994968
Post match id
>>
>>383994836

the bounty runes are there to buff roamers and supports I think. Same deal with the EXP and Gold talents that a lot of supports got, I think to offset the fact that it wasn't unheard of for supports to literally be just wardbitches which isn't a fun way to play any game.
>>
>>383995109

>>
>>383990179
>cleave change in 7.00
3k might be too high, try 2k
>>
>>383995147
To this day I am certain that the only reason why d2g is so vehemently against support improvements is because redditors want it as well and they feel the need to be so contrarian that they will want obvious design flaws just for the sake of going "least its not reddit!"
>>
>>383995109
>>383994968

The rampage in question happens at around 40 minutes and 30 seconds if anyone wants to go check it out. It's one of the dumbest rampages I've ever seen.

To be fair it never would have happened if pudge didn't activate his blademail but still.
>>
File: file.png (31KB, 558x231px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
31KB, 558x231px
>>383994968
>>
File: FREE.png (35KB, 228x152px) Image search: [Google]
FREE.png
35KB, 228x152px
>>383993197
>mfw lich gets 100 FREE attack damage
>>
>>383983979
>>383985694

There's nothing wrong with talents. It's just another layer of balance added to the game. If you fail to see that and go "lmao HOTS has it too XD" then you're either 2k or retarded.
>>
>>383995679
lol, the replay ID was already posted.
>>
>>383993340
>Come back when you will have over 10 years of experience playing the game
I played the game since 5.8 where riki can stack crystalis to gain multiple proc of crit and he has crit passive. I had close beta account because i was among the first that register in playdota dot com and actively post in the forum thought i stopped doing. I still play the games alebit less now because of job
>>
>>383994968
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9-o6EtfZS4

here's an example of what he's talking about
>>
>>383994968
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9-o6EtfZS4
>>
>>383989136
>>383994787
>two runes

Do you people even play the fucking game?

There are two runes only after 40 minutes have passed, when it has no relevance to the laning stage, as you might or might not have guessed it.
>>
>>383994968
This reminds of how fun pubstomping as Bristle in HoN was
Maybe I should play a few rounds again
>>
>techies can't stack mines
what the FUCK icefrog? i'm still mad
>>
>>383996384
aren't we talking about the two runes in the jungle?
>>
>>383983979
The talents were minor and actually makes playing support a little more fun. Shrines have been nerfed a lot and aren't as huge as they used to be.

The game is actually perfect, the community is just shitter than normal.
>>
File: O0QkrgR.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
O0QkrgR.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>383996412
>HoN
>>
>>383996481
HoN is best doto
>>
>>383989136
>They added two runes, because one rune was too hard to find with no vision. Plus, they added bounties to help noobs get gold and xp when they miss last hits.
Two runes was removed, it's only one rune mid now.
Bounties help supports and roamers, which encourages more people to do that. Would you rather everyone just wanted to play a safelane carry or mid like usual?
>>383989136
>AWFUL comeback mechanic
Terrible at first, nerfed as time went on. You should be punished for fucking up a huge lead, if you get cocky and feed the enemy should be rewarded. Maybe play better, you shouldn't die if you have such a huge advantage.
>>383989136
>Added notifications
Who fucking cares, helps newer players chain up stuns and not waste them. Leads to better teamwork without needing to communicate 100% perfectly.
>>383991401
>it has 0 proper juke spots anymore
Get good and learn to juke then. If you need a dedicated juke spot to dodge an enemy, you're a bad player. Either out play them or use a tango/qb to cut your own juke path.

You fucking idiots complain about anything, new dota is fun and balanced.
>>
>>383996530
>>
File: doto2.png (28KB, 275x91px) Image search: [Google]
doto2.png
28KB, 275x91px
>>383996942
Best doto confirmed
Call em when doto2 doesn't play like wading through molasse
Too bad the game was mismanaged to shit
>>
>>383996885
>i like to eat Valve's shit
>oh yes it's so yummy
>it taste so good
>>
File: 1497254058523.png (1MB, 1033x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1497254058523.png
1MB, 1033x1001px
>>383997137
NOT
AN
ARGUMENT
>>
>>383997137
You don't need to accept defeat anon, you're anonymous, just leave the thread
>>
>>383997019
why are you not playing "strife" anon?
>>
File: icefrog.gif (32KB, 948x857px) Image search: [Google]
icefrog.gif
32KB, 948x857px
>>383997137
Some things never change
>>
>>383983979
So, let's look at how things are..

The game is pretty balanced. BB, is still broken but he always has been and always will be. Talents are constantly evolving. Items have been changed mostly for the better. The community is still full of cry babies and 1k mmr players pretending to be 6+K. Pro scene is full of people who tell valve to change things.. so they do.. then they complain about it not being perfect so valve does exactly what they want, to the T.. and they complain about that too.

Workshop, is still the same people want more money for their hats.. yet provide lesser quality.. valve drops some items and they cry about not being able to compete, yet they never tried.
>>
I've spent less than 10 dollars on dota 2, I just bought items for enchantress.

Lodestar was worth it
>>
>>383989136
>telling the player exactly how much damage they're taking is bad
Wew dotards
>>
>>383989136
>They started making changes in favor of noobs, and bad players.
>They added two runes, because one rune was too hard to find with no vision. Plus, they added bounties to help noobs get gold and xp when they miss last hits.
Rune control is more important and those bounties were made to help supports(mainly roaming supports). Nothing to do with bad players.
>They added the AWFUL comeback mechanic, where you could be 0-20 wih 2lh the whole game, and then just kill a single Godlike enemy with your Zeus ult--or whatever kill-steal spell--and the gold and xp graph would literally flip in your favor.
Yeah, it was a problem for a month like two years ago and then they fixed it.
>Added notifications showing you exactly how much damage you're taking (-40, -42, -120 crit, -41, etc).
Nothing wrong with this.
>Added notifications showing you how long your stun is gonna last, when you are stunned... because it was too hard for dumb players to remember it by heart.
This kind of shit is kinda irrelevant. Making players remember some spell durations doesn't make the strategy aspect of game any more harder.
>Added new random weapons, with different unrelated stats, like in LoL. For example, items that give mana, armor, agility, crit, active, passive, etc. all in the same fucking item.
Yeah, like Bracer or Ring of Aquila. I don't even understand your argument on this one. Are you saying that adding new items is bad?
>>
>pick bounty hunter
>run circles around the map grabbing every bounty rune

why else would he be called bounty hunter?
>>
>>383989136
>Meanwhile, some game-breaking problems that were adressed 5 years ago--like the Peruvians or Russians playing on non-english servers with 400 ping--only got fixed recently!
yeah, fuck valve. this is why i quit the game and desu i don't even give a shit anymore. there's so many people that quit due to these peruvian subhumans ruining games. we begged for region lock for years and it never came
>>
File: icon[1].jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
icon[1].jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>383996481
>>383997196
>>383997253
why dota has so many animes?

not that i mind, just a general question
>>
>>383998234
the best dota player in the world "EternalEnvy" loves anime and says it makes you better at dota.
>>
>>383996481
>tfw will never go back to 2010 and playing HoN all night with my mate
>>
>>383983979
I haven't played since 7.0, but last I saw Mid is now a dual lane and the safe lane is always solo, so I have no idea what is going on anymore.
>>
>>383991636
>A fucking shitheap that Blizzard keeps trying to force as an esport utilizing the same teams everytime
>A meme streamer game that people only watch to see personalities shoot other players
>>
>>383997892
Is Meepo still alowed to pick up bounty runes with clones? Because taking every rune and denying regular ones as they appear was fun, sometimes people even got mad in the chat.
>>
>>383989348
>Win game for 40 min
>Lose one fight pushing uphill
>All your effort is undone

"Farmed" my ass, you didn't farm well the game arbitrarily turned my entire team into piñatas.
>>
>>383998282
>EternalEnvy
>best
More like blunder of the year. He's like Jimmy Ho but with more throw
>>
>>383998282
i don't watch anime and I am only a 4k scrub... explains a lot!

which anime boosts your MMR the most?
>>
File: 1481167919901.png (195KB, 331x323px) Image search: [Google]
1481167919901.png
195KB, 331x323px
>got my beta key from /vg/ back in 2011
>tfw still haven't given valve a single dime
after they nerfed the shit out of item drops around 2013, refused for years to fix matchmaking, and disabled using the console workaround to play on the winter map(actual winter with snow on the ground not a drizzle of white specks) it feels so good to not have given these greedy jews any money. Game will continue to make a shitton of money due to the casualization, although it is objectively more balanced than before, but it simply isn't anywhere near as fun anymore and the new community has made solo queueing absolute cancer.
>>
>>383998473
Naruto
>>
>>383998131
It came for one week in the form of geograpic matchmaking and it was glorious, then it was removed because it didn't work well for some Europeans and the Peenoise were losing all the time.
>>
File: 1499938461527.png (284KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1499938461527.png
284KB, 586x634px
>>383998473
Pic related is called Kumiko, her show is called Hibike! Euphonium. It has good music, cute girls and possible yuri undertones.

You should watch it!
>>383998461
He's a very good player 80% of the time, 20% of the time he turns into a 2k player, he can even switch in the middle of a game, it's weird.
>>
>>383998491
>>383998556
ok thank you, what mmr will i be after ifinished those?
>>
>>383998612
>>
File: nqfb[1].jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nqfb[1].jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>383998685
>>
>>383998612
at least 50 higher per episode you watch
>>
>>383998736
You'll get to 6k after you let me ravage your boipucci though
>>
File: flcl-pic4[1].jpg (154KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
flcl-pic4[1].jpg
154KB, 1366x768px
>>383998846
i'd rather be a 1k cyka than seeing your micropenis, fuccboi

>captcha parking porno
>>
>>383998945
Oh, baby, don't be like that.
You're gonna love my BWC
>>
File: 1497242127019.png (945KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497242127019.png
945KB, 1000x1000px
>>383998945
>another flcl image for my folder
You've fallen into my trap
>>
File: memeteams.png (201KB, 928x708px) Image search: [Google]
memeteams.png
201KB, 928x708px
Which western team would you cheer for on TI 7?
Chink lovers please get out.
>>
>>383999192
>tfw no moonmeander, MiSery, or Synderen
>tfw no MoonMeander drinking stream either
>>
File: jQBNWSD[1].png (312KB, 631x514px) Image search: [Google]
jQBNWSD[1].png
312KB, 631x514px
>>383999049
it's literally on first page of google image search you...

...FAGGOT
>>
>>383999294
>no mememeander, no european bald man in us team, no shitderen who only talent is casting
thank goodness
>>
>>383999419
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tlOztKm2ws
>>
>>383998487
>>383998487
>although it is objectively more balanced than before, but it simply isn't anywhere near as fun anymore and the new community has made solo queueing absolute cancer.
This is pretty much on point.
It's a "better" game but being good at Dota wasn't what made it fun.
>>
>>383999570
Nigga MoonMeander is the best
>>
>>383999915
He should have picked a better team or dump DC when it was trash. That guy is a fucking idiot who believe on abstract idea on muh friendship.
>>
>>383997446
>Pro scene is full of people who tell valve to change things.. so they do.. then they complain about it not being perfect so valve does exactly what they want, to the T.. and they complain about that too.
Things always been like this before Valve tho.
Community take parts in what's new to added or rework, pro scene decide what balance or not in higher level.
>>
File: Q4pP3tf[1].jpg (59KB, 666x632px) Image search: [Google]
Q4pP3tf[1].jpg
59KB, 666x632px
>>384000184
>>
>>384000049
I just miss his speeches and fun streams ;_;.
I hope he wins a TI soon and can retire and do fun streams again
>>
>>384000239
Open that mouth boi
>>
File: 1195796203360.jpg (114KB, 658x493px) Image search: [Google]
1195796203360.jpg
114KB, 658x493px
>>383997630
>>383997630
>telling the player exactly how much damage they're taking is bad
People sometime forgot that dota 2 LOG is great, but sometime it crash or freeze the game.
Visual damage is great to get instant information and people can used replays to check logs for the in deep information without afraid to crash their games during a match.

I've seen Envy often accessing LOG during a match and his game keep freezing when that happen.
>>
>>383989136
>Added notifications showing you how long your stun is gonna last, when you are stunned... because it was too hard for dumb players to remember it by heart.
literally nothing is wrong with more transparent information you nonce
>>
lads
>>
>>384001873
lad
>>
>>384001998
la
>>
>>384002074
l
>>
File: 1484809932749.jpg (40KB, 261x260px) Image search: [Google]
1484809932749.jpg
40KB, 261x260px
>>383998131
>live on a bordertown
>geographic matchmaking constantly matched me with peruvians
holy fuck that week was awful
>>
>>383984237
How long did you play? This is the worst patch ever only newfags like you like this shit patch.
>>
>>384004359
>most balanced patch in years
>the few OP heroes aren't that bad and are much less cancerous than hoho haha, old Void or Naga
>No rat or deathball
What a terrible patch
>>
>>384004675
>than hoho haha, old Void or Naga
I haven't played in a while and I don't care either way what it's balance is now, but If those are the best examples of old OP shit you have then you're definitely a newfag.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.