[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oldfag thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: oldvideogames.jpg (187KB, 1000x695px) Image search: [Google]
oldvideogames.jpg
187KB, 1000x695px
Post only if born in the 80s.

>what are your thoughts on the industry
>describe the feeling of seeing all your favorites transition to 3D
>what IPs do you miss
>how do you balance gaming with real life and why do you still post here
>>
>being in your 30s, or almost in your 30s, and posting on 4chan

lamo
>>
File: If Only You Knew.png (534KB, 550x511px) Image search: [Google]
If Only You Knew.png
534KB, 550x511px
>>383983203
>tfw i never thought it'd happen to me
>tfw i have my own home, girlfriend, friends and a real job yet for some reason i can't quit this place
It'll happen to you, anon.
>>
>>383983203
I wish most were, then we wouldn't have to deal with little shits like you.
>>
each time someone in their 30's says their old a bunch of 40 year olds crawl out of the woodwork and scream that they're not old.

Then the age measuring contest continues until someone says post family photos of you at the opening night of Star Wars in 1977

now those people, those are old. If you saw the movie when you were six you would be 46.
>>
>>383983203
Fucking 15 years old like you honestly need to get off my fucking website
>>
I haven't played video games in over a decade, I only visit /v/ because I'm a game developer, have no interests outside of my job and can't stand any other site on the internet
I think this place is a shithole and I miss when games were cheaper to develop so creative ideas didn't have to be low-buidget indie trash
>>
I remember a decade ago when we were all teenagers. Moot was a teenager, everyone was a teenager. Now everyone is still a teenager but I'm not and I hate it. Fucking teenagers.
>>
>>383983203
>going to a website for old people because you're such a loser no one responds to your instagram or snapchat
>>
File: 200_s.gif (23KB, 294x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
23KB, 294x200px
>Get a decent job, a gf and a house. >See all these cool video games that I want to play but don't have the time.
>Finally get a night off, stock up on snacks for an 8 hr vidya bender.
>Fall asleep after about 20 mins of playing

Sometimes I wish I was back to being a teenage neet in by mom's basement
>>
>>383983103

1988 here.

Don't really care for it much. It's a pity. I never have anything much to look forward to during E3. I do want to try out Mount & Blade II though.

It's fine. I wish people wouldn't diss games that were 2D though, like my friends. If it's pixel art or old, they just don't care to try it out at all.

>what IPs do you miss
Earthworm Jim.

I don't care to have much of a social life, just a few friends. I started college late and I game with some friends from there. I don't need to study all that much for my Civil Engineering classes (yet). It's pretty easy. I play video games pretty much any time I'm not studying, so I play a lot.

I still post here because all I really care about is video games, computers and sleeping. I don't exactly fit in to /vr/ because I love games made around 2000. Too old for /v/ but too new for /vr/.
>>
32 yo

Utter shit, nothing but multi billion conglomerates thriving to make the toy that the most children possible will want.

There aren't many games I care about that made a transition. Only one would be Final Fantasy and it's hard to say, the best ones are the PS1 ones and it was 2D backgrounds so I dunno if you can call that 3D transition.

>what IPs do you miss
Can't really think of an IP I miss.

I do nothing in my life but play vidya and shitpost here.
>>
>>383983103
I think the industry is fine. I was glad games went 3D and love better graphics. I don't jerk it to nostalgia indie bait because I actually remember old games. They sucked for the most part.

I come here because I don't know how to find any other place interesting on the internet anymore. I don't have endless hours to dig through shit to find slightly less shitty shit.

I balance by playing less. Because that is balance. Playing 8 hours a day isn't. I see my wife and kid until they go to bed then play a couple of hours. I don't tear through as many games but I don't need to.

My problem is dealing with stupid kids that think they know best. Not just a difference of opinion. They believe that youth is an accomplishment. Because "not dying yet" is superior I guess. But it doesn't bother me much anyway because I have everything they don't and likely never will. I don't obsess over inane crap and I don't get my fee fees hurt about never seeing a vagina or how people won't accept my racism.

Dumbass kids. I know I was bad too but at least I wasn't completely hated by every generation older than me.
>>
>>383983103

I'm still regularly blown away and impressed by the sheer wizardry of a lot of stuff people are doing, not to say there isn't a metric fuck ton of cancer in and around the industry these days, but there is still a lot of great games coming out.

Most of my favorites were always 3D, Banjo Kazooie, Interstate 76, Thief 2 etc.....the only favorites I witnessed making a disastrous transition to 3D would have been shit like Earthworm Jim and Worms.

>what IPs do you miss

None really, ip's are little more than labels. Sure it's shit to see things like Thi4f happen, but it's equally as rewarding to see stuff as brilliant as the new Hitman after the total shitshow that was Absolution.

By making sure I do the shit I need to do? It's not rocket science. As for why I post here, minimal commitment, saves time, no circle jerking hugbox politics, I get laugh my ass off watching tranny threads hit bump limit whilst janitors eat hot pockets, the usual reasons.
>>
>>383983103
It's shit because of wasted potential. Thanks mostly to casuals and console faggots who can only buy games because mommy lets them use her credit card
Overly cautious
Impossible Creatures
I don't balance. Whichever is in more need of attention is what I do.
>>
>>383983103
Why old people have so much ego.
Like they cant even learn things because of their ego simple shit like operating air conditioner remote, and when you try to teach them they get offended.
Also will i also turn out like that
>>
>tfw born in 1984
I just play games to fill a void in my life. Outside of work I don't really socialize or have any friends, but it really doesn't bother me. Playing video games is a simply a way to quietly pass time until I have to go to sleep. Sleep is the one thing I always look forward to. I can be at peace and no one will bother me. Some people are afraid of the dark, but I seek sanctuary within it. Everything is calm and quiet. I'm not too sure when I lost control of my life, but it's okay, I'm not really trying to do anything with it. For now I'll finish up playing Mario 3 while eating a pizza, just killing time before I can sleep. Sleep cannot come soon enough.
>>
>>383986773
God I love you sir.
Well said. Well said.
>>
>>383983103
88 here

>>what are your thoughts on the industry
Dissapointing, we have all this power, all these amazing things we can do with visuals and AI and game systems and we get nothing but shallow experinces for it all. At least Japanes games are making a small niche comeback so i've been really pleased with that at least.

>>describe the feeling of seeing all your favorites transition to 3D
Castlevania in 3d is hit and miss. Loi isn't the best game in the world but it gets way more shit then it deservs because that's the meta opinion. "castlevania is bad in 3d" LoS was okay. it was a fun enough GoW clone but a shit castlevania game.

>>what IPs do you miss
Classic castlevania, front mission and a lot of other JRPGs I can't remember at the moment (Think Suikoden)

>>how do you balance gaming with real life and why do you still post here
My significant other plays games as well. so we spend a lot of our time playing games next to eathother or togther. we have pleanty of time to play but it's hard to find the motivation when the industry is no longer appealing to you.
>>
>>383986773
>My problem is dealing with stupid kids that think they know best. Not just a difference of opinion. They believe that youth is an accomplishment. Because "not dying yet" is superior I guess. But it doesn't bother me much anyway because I have everything they don't and likely never will. I don't obsess over inane crap and I don't get my fee fees hurt about never seeing a vagina or how people won't accept my racism.

This is good.
>>
>>383983291
Nah. Having a home, girlfriend, friends and a real job could never happen to me.
>>
>>383985437
>I haven't played video games
>I'm a game developer
This explains a lot
>>
File: max_payne_2001.jpg (56KB, 928x522px) Image search: [Google]
max_payne_2001.jpg
56KB, 928x522px
>>383983103
32 here. I don't care that much for the industry, while I'm digging in niche games and mod communities like Doom.

i don't mind the 3D shit. I'm 30+, I'd play Doom 2016 and then a game with ugly pixel-art and don't give a fuck.

I kinda miss Quake and old school FPS. I think I'm often playing mods for Doom becasue of this.

It's not like I can't have an hour or two to play daily. The problem is that when I'm finally at home, I'm tired and jaded. And if i don't have the energies to play, I shitpost here
>>
File: Oni_Coverart.jpg (28KB, 284x350px) Image search: [Google]
Oni_Coverart.jpg
28KB, 284x350px
>>383983103
I just don't like all the season pass and dlc in this gaming industry

The only IP I miss is Oni

2D to 3D wise I don't have too much issue if the 3D is done right, but I still think GTA2 is the best GTA out there

I currently have a chance to catch up with all the games I've missed, but also worry that I'm not investing time to learn some new skill to help my career path

As for why do I still come here, its actually a very good source for gaming news, plus it's fun to post your opinion anonymously,
>>
>>383983103
its a mess. but there are still a lot of good stuff to play so im not gonna bother whining.

rts dying did really suck though.
depends. i was really excited for warcraft 3 but a lot of other games really suffered in the transition.
>what IPs do you miss
warcraft. sim city.
because im retarded.
>>
>>383983203
What's the cutoff age when you have to stop posting at 4chan? I need your approval random Anon.
>>

>>what are your thoughts on the industry
It feels like Japan has given up, I'm a wizard who loves moe but outside of a few niche series it's like they don't even try to make new and interesting worlds like they used to.
>>describe the feeling of seeing all your favorites transition to 3D
I was an idort so I already played stuff like Wolf 3d and Doom. Besides a few Sega games most of my gaming addiction began on Ps1
>>what IPs do you miss
I miss 3D platformers in general.
>>how do you balance gaming with real life and why do you still post here
I'm a shut in NEET
>>
File: 58797957_p0.jpg (564KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
58797957_p0.jpg
564KB, 708x1000px
>>383983103
>80s
Get on my level.
Late 1970s.
Anyway. I miss 2D, with all the great city builders of the 2010s. A 2D Emperor or Pharaoh with 10x city populations would be glorious.
>>
>>383983203
Jr, I don't think you understand how aging works. The kids that laughed at geezers on fishing sites, became the geezers trying to impose age restrictions against kids.

Ageism is a form of bigotry, and the irony of it is that applies equally.
>>
>>383985151
It's due to the sixteen year olds holding pitchforks and torches the moment someone over the age of 25 posts.

reddit is the same way. "Check out my dad playing GTAV! He's 28."
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.