[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

File: 419-1.jpg (934KB, 1000x695px) Image search: [Google]
419-1.jpg
934KB, 1000x695px
Find a flaw
>>
it ends
>>
not enough content and no rewards for getting higher scores besides small changes on the ending.
>>
Easier than Island
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 304x262px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 304x262px
this motherfucker
>>
it was released on the worst cinsole ever made
>>
Level progression system.
>>
Worse than Island.
>>
It's underrated. Excellent game.
>>
>>383973407
the pippin?
the zeebo?
>>
>>383973225
no 3ds port
>>
>>383973225
It was fucking scary.
>>
>>383973225
Great soundtrack
>>
>>383973225
>Not long enough.
>Using White and Black Yoshi is sketchy as fuck, since getting them back is a pain.
>Green and Yellow Yoshi more valuable than Pink/Red and Blue/Purple
>No port
Otherwise, nigh-perfect.
>>
I appreciate the attempt to make a more unique objective than just getting to the end, but I'd honestly prefer that over what we got because oftentimes efficiency will result in not getting to experience the entire level.
I don't think there was really any point to having levels locked behind hearts.
Vast majority of tracks were just remixes of a single theme. Some games do this alright but I think this one overdid it.
It's been a while since I played it but for some reason I remember the tone being really strange at a number of times.
>>
>>383973225
how did the theme go again?
>>
>>383974073
Eeeeee eeeehhhh oooooooh
>>
>>383974073
Theeeee aaaaasssshoooooole
Theeeee aaaaasssshoooooole
>>
>>383973407
I don't think it came out on the Jaguar
>>
>>383974073
bbbbbeeeee cccaaaarreeeeffuullll!!!
>>
>>383974073
ipeeeeeko
>>
>>383973225
boring and uninspired as shit compared to Yoshi's Island.
>>
>>383974073
NEEEEN TEEEENNNNN DO
>>
>>383973225
I expected more Yoshi island and got a shitty game
>>
File: 28684.png (205KB, 575x1395px) Image search: [Google]
28684.png
205KB, 575x1395px
>extremely short
>insultingly easy to the point that it's unfun much of the time
>still pretty easy even if going for all melons, which there is no real incentive to do in the first place
>'get 30 fruit' objective feels a bit poorly implemented, with typical linear levels most of the time, but you can leave them way early and barely see anything in the level

I still kind of like it though, and I'm genuinely impressed by some of the animation.
>>
>>383973225
It breaks lore boundries by insinuating that Shy Guys would not only somehiw exist on Yoshi's Island, but that they would somehow be in servitude to Baby Bowser.

That's not even touching in the chronological implications that arises from the fact that Bowser was somehow a child before Mario dreamed them up after Mario has already encountered an adult Bowser.

Also, has the Super Happy Tree ever existed outside if the Yoshi universe? Ot's a bullshit mcGuffin that does nothing to further the structural narrative.

These types of oversights result in an unresolved schism between the Yoshi game universe, compared to the established lore of Yoshi in the Mario Bros. World proper.

Outside of these narrative inconsistencies, the game resulted in an influx of hyper casualized platformers, which made young children believe that they were better at games then they were.

Thus, when confronted with more complicated platformers later in life, they tend to be ill-equiped to succeed, often blaming the game mechanics for their failures as the result of being unexperienced gamers.

All in all, video games in general would be better as a medium, had this game never been released. Nostalgiafags will argue against this though.
>>
>>383974729
>retarded kid me on some crap television thought this game and mario kart 64 had 3d models.
>>
>>383973225
It's on the 64
>>
>>383975219
nigga are you alright
>>
>>383975219
First summer off from starting college?

You're giving this game way too much credit.
>>
>>383974073
For all the stupid joking about it(and the generally annoying sound of it) the credits theme is still REALLY fucking good
that guitar is on goddamn point
https://youtu.be/CIgYGukFFHE?t=181
>>
>>383976604
The Super Happy Tree, which must be of oh so critical importance that it provides all of the happiness and fruit on Yoshi's Island is never mentioned again in another title in the Mario Universe.

Yet, this all powerful tree is never mentioned in Super Mario World 2, and is never mentioned again in either Yoshi Touch & Go, Legend of the 7 Stars or Yoshi's New Island.

Hell, magical Heart Fruit don't appear either. I'd imagine an attempt was made to reference it in Yoshi's Woolly World, but that would just be opening a can of worms of logical inconsistencies.

As for Baby Bowser, I feel that his inclusion in Yoshi's Story was ill conceived. As a character, he was extremely underdeveloped.

His motivations could be summed up only as "I want to take possession of Super Happy Tree to make the population of Yoshi's Island unhappy because of ????"

There is no back story here. No gravitas that provides further explanation. It's shallow and is lazy world-building.

I understand that "It's a children's title. It should be simpler from a mechanical standpoint." But even that is no excuse for shitting on the lore by anochronalistically including Shy Guys (who were dreamed up by Mario many years later) in a game that should serve as some sort of prologue.

This is essentially the closest thing we have to a Bowser origin story and Nintendo dropped the ball by making it a one-to-two off side-story for actual babies. It is a glaring reminder that Nintendo has never taken lore or it's die-hard fans seriously. It makes me literally sad.
>>
File: 1497662186657.jpg (99KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497662186657.jpg
99KB, 960x720px
>>383977319
>sad music box starts playing
>>
>>383978137
>Shy Guys (who were dreamed up by Mario many years later)
In which game was this established?
>>
>>383973225

It's a less fun Mario game just like every other Yoshi game.
>>
File: 1379253601814.jpg (215KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1379253601814.jpg
215KB, 640x640px
>>383973225
>tfw never unlocked the fourth stage in part four, or beat the stage three.
It still bothers me that I don't know what the last stage is, or know how the whole stage three looks like.
>>
>>383978381
Depends on the cannon.

Shy Guys were technically characters in Doki Doki Panic, which is Super Mario Bros 2, and technically-not-cannon. But they their inclusion in Super Mario Bros. Super Show and various Nintendo Power comics pretty much made their existence outside of Mario's dream world legit.

Shit got fucked during the Yoshi's Island arc though, with the primordial Koopas such as Kamek and Toadies, essentially any antagonist involved with the Baby Mario cast.

Their inclusion created a paradox that still hasn't been resolved, 4 games into the side-franchise.
>>
>>383973407
it came out on the wii u?
>>
>>383973407
this was released on the n64, not the xbox one, silly.
>>
>>383974464
That's what I heard, too.
>>
You only need to play it 4 times.

Curse the weekend rental mentality.
>>
Could have been the start of something new for Yoshi, but ended up being the game that kept Yoshi into a stagnated mess with every other game aping Yoshi's Island with Yoshi's Story's visuals.
>>
>>383978137
>The Super Happy Tree, which must be of oh so critical importance that it provides all of the happiness and fruit on Yoshi's Island is never mentioned again in another title in the Mario Universe.
Yoshi have since fortified the location of this tree, and uses it exclusively in the defense of the Yoshi homeland. They are keeping it hidden from even their allies in the mushroom kingdom, in the event that war is ever declared. One could surmise that the general invincibility of Yoshi, even compared to the other residents of the Mushroom Kingdom, is a result of small doses of the fruit throughout life.

>>383978137
>As for Baby Bowser, I feel that his inclusion in Yoshi's Story was ill conceived. As a character, he was extremely underdeveloped.
That's 9/10 Bowser appearances for you. At least we didn't get sudden time travelling bowser this time.
>>
To get the maximum horizontal on my flutter jump, I had to hold down right or down left instead of straight right or left.
>>
creatively it was a really nice game, nice soundtrack tooo. but It was waay tooo damn easy.
>>
>>383974729
It's like Starfox 64, meant to be done on multiple runs
>>
>>383974073
I always thought it was THE END OHHHHHH
>>
shit level design
yoshi isnt barefoot
>>
>>383983279
I'm aware, and I fully took that into account when I said what I did.
>>
File: Untitled.png (55KB, 170x250px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
55KB, 170x250px
>ctrl f haha
>0 results
>>
It could use checkpoints - especially if you're going for an all melon run.

Nothing more soul crushing than dying after spending an hour or so looking for all the melons in 1 stage.

I really wish they would call back this game in modern Mario. Imagine a level where you're in the world of Yoshis and this plays as you reach the flag:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVoyPGGe0U
>>
>>383973407

GOOD. That console needed all the 2D titles it could get.
>>
>>383983697
Times are changing.
>>
When a yoshi dies, I start to cry
>>
>>383983697
>do it myself
>1 result
step it up, sempai
>>
>>383973225
The only way to make it even remotely challenging is to go for the top score and eat only green melons. But there's no incentive to do that.
>>
>>383984354
Wow, it works for me too.
Was he even trying?
>>
>>383984246
this, it was very scary
>>
>Not picking the black yoshi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiXghNsWLoA

>Top tier
Black
Green
Red
>Shit tier
Everything else
>>
File: image.png (180KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
180KB, 1000x1000px
>>383973225
Fucked up Yoshi's design for good.
>>
I will say this, it was annoying to go back and get Black and White Yoshis every other playthrough
>>
>Yoshi
Found the flaw.
>>
File: ADVENTURE.jpg (184KB, 737x737px) Image search: [Google]
ADVENTURE.jpg
184KB, 737x737px
>>383983939
>Doing lucky fruit run
>Pound shy guy carrying grapes into bananas
>Bananas closer to me than grapes
>Eat fruit
>Get fucking grapes through the bananas
>>
The OST was rad as fuck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqjmdZr4D8E
>>
>>383985642
>He let his black and white yoshis die
>>
>>383986179
>jungle fever
hits close to home
>>
>>383986250
What? No, Once you beat the game with them in you team, you get to keep them for one more run. Because you can't unlock them when they're already there, you don't keep them for the 3rd consecutive playthrough
>>
>>383986179
>>383985420
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-PBJ5PSkyU
Fuck, now I want to replay this.
>>
File: eyes over easy.jpg (24KB, 378x253px) Image search: [Google]
eyes over easy.jpg
24KB, 378x253px
>that needlefish level
>>
do you score more doing a lucky fruit run or melon run?
>>
>>383986701
melon
>>
>>383975219
>>383978137
>Yoshi's STORY.
>Entire game is drawn with cardboard and little knick-knacks.
>levels are pages.
The entire game is non-canonical my anon. In-universe it's just a book for babies.
>>
>>383973225
Every Yoshi game after Island sucks. Except Wolly World maybe.
>>
>>383987490
>Except Wolly World maybe.
>maybe
Kill yourself my dude. Woolly World is without a doubt a good game, if not a great one. It certainly doesn't suck.
>>
The sniffing shit was retarded and wasted a lot of time
Especially when fucking honeymelons were hidden that way.
>>
>>383974073
THE NNNNNNNN WOOOORRRRDDD
>>
Levels were constructed in a way that makes it so they can only end by collecting shit. I say this as someone who grew up playing it, the game just isn't as good as Yoshi's Island
>>
>>383988376
>Levels were constructed in a way that makes it so they can only end by collecting shit
how is that a flaw?
>>
As a game it was too easy, and while it did have a unique art style, ultimately it did not feel as varied as the style of its predecessor Yoshi's Island.

Also, while not the game's fault, it heralded the baby-voices Yoshis that Nintendo wound up making the common depiction of the species. I greatly prefer the old depiction that looked more like a cool dinosaur horse and made the record scratch noises as their voice.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.