[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albion Online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

Only 2 days left, are you ready?

My plan is to dump all my founders items in Carleon and then head out to one of the more isolated places of the map to work on my progress.
>>
>>383963397
What is this game and does it have anything to do with Fable?
>>
>>383963526
Its a top down medieval sandbox MMO, open-world pvp and playerdriven economy with tons of crafting and PVE.

No relations to Albion in Fable, i believe Albion is the oldest name for the UK and is used in lots of european centered games and such.
>>
is it like OSRS?
Does it have a subscription fee?
Is it going to release on steam?
>>
>>383963397
>more pay to win than rs3
Throw it in the fucking trash
>>
>>383964402
yes
yes
no
>>
>>383963397
Is there going to be magic n' shit? If not then not interested in history bases survival sandbox pay to win rehash of the same shit since 2011.
>>
>>383964867
>sub fee
dropped, a shame because I wanted a new game like OSRS
>>
>>383965159
there is nothing wrong with a sub fee.
>>
>>383965084
the only thing that makes AO "pay-to-win" is the fact you can buy gold, which is irrelevant when you consider that it is only cutting out the chink gold farming market that has existed in every single MMO since UO. "premium" doesn't even count, as that is just a subscription fee, which is reasonable considering there is nothing, not even aesthetic items, for sale otherwise in a cash shop.
>>
on a scale of 1 to archeage, how p2w is this "premium status"?
>>
>>383964867
there's no sub fee you cuck, just checked on their website
>>
>>383966116
premium basically is a sub fee. you won't advance far without it. but as i state here >>383965431 it works out to being more or less standard in price to what you'd expect from a subscription fee. players do state that you can farm a reasonable amount of gold with your starting premium status to not ever have to pay it again, but even if you do wind up paying it, it's not that bad when you consider there aren't a thousand mounts, skins, etc. in a cash shop.

>>383966104
see above. you'll need it at least in the beginning, otherwise your skills will progress at the pace of a rock. but as i've mentioned already, and as others have, it's essentially a soft subscription, unless you were to farm enough gold to stave off having to pay for it again (which is possible).
>>
>have to pay to play a runescape clone
lmao
>>
>>383965159
OSRS has a sub fee.
>>
>>383966820
>no quests
>everywhere mid-high level has pvp combat always on
>grouping/guilds are highly encouraged
>guilds control dangerous parts of the map like in EvE Online
you probably should look at more than two screenshots in your next attempt to shit on a game you don't understand
>>
>>383966820
It's not really it is entirely based around PvP and guild wars, it's the only thing to really work towards/for

Capital city is surrounded by pvp zones and half the map / a full continent is dedicated lawless zone

Also the grind to be able to pvp is way less autistic and you can get into it after the first few hours of play
>>
>>383963397
I have an MMO itch that needs scratching... What would be better, this or Black Desert?
>>
i really hate how the ui is so dumbed down to make it compatible with tablets and other shit devices
>>
>>383965084
Theres loads of magic n shit
>>
>>383968702
black desert is a grindfest with little endgame

I'm pretty sure the progression in this game isn't that grindy and there's a lot of pvp which looks fun with a static
>>
>>383963814
Two questions:
1) Is it p2w?
2) How bad is the botting? Is there any kind of hack shield to at least attempt to prevent bots?
>>
>>383969179
1, it has a preemium sub fee, you can play without it but your progress will be really low, sub fee could also be payed with in game currency much live EVE online.
2. As far as i know there has not been an issue with botting.
>>
>>383969330
Thanks for the info. Also a 3rd and 4th question: can you move around with arrow keys/wasd or is it point & click? Also, is the pvp any good?
>>
>>383969451
Its point and click only, the PVP is the bread and butter of the game, its very good. You have different zones, green zones are safe and you dont have to worry about pvp if youre not into that, but theres also red zones which are open pvp and item loss on death.
>>
>>383969886
not him, but how big is the map and how is the music? is it as memorable as UO's music, i.e. Britannia theme?
>>
>>383967273
so does ur mom
>>
File: Mapzones.jpg (167KB, 1005x476px) Image search: [Google]
Mapzones.jpg
167KB, 1005x476px
>>383970132
Map is fairly large, music is your typical fantasy its pretty good but no masterpiece.
>>
>>383970862
thx m8. looking forward to playing, as it's the only MMO to have caught my interest in the past however many years. hope enough /v/irgins pick it up for a general and guild to emerge.
>>
>>383970967
>>383970862
wait, one last question.

i understand players and guilds can purchase islands, but how exactly does player housing work? can player houses be placed anywhere in the map outside of cities and shit? will we have a real estate market emerge?
>>
>>383970862
that's the old map, dumpass
>>
>>383971187
post new map
>>
>>383969886
>item loss on death
Fuck that.
>>
>>383973021
fag
>>
I played this during the initial alpha but quit after a few resets sense i didnt want to to get my progress wiped anymore, its kind of a mix between diablo and eve online, looking forward to playing it again on actual release. How many things did they chance sense the initial alphas/betas ?
>>
>>383973316
change*
>>
>>383973021
don't risk what you can't lose
>>
>>383973316
Alot is changed, what i dislike most is that they removed the plans for creating other races, i know dwarves and goblins were considered but now its only humans. Also they added a bunch of PVE dungeons and factions.
>>
stay away from this shitty game
>>
>>383975469
why is it shitty, anon? genuinely asking, it seemed to me like it would be fun
>>
>>383975601
He is upset that its a subscription fee and not free.
>>
>>383975601
devs don't listen to community, criticize the game on forum u get banned, devs are so incompetent they can't even make simple modifications to game, MOBILE FUCKING GAME WITH SUBSCRIPTION, uninspired, bland, unity engine, "sandbox", "mmorpg"
>>
>>383966786
>there aren't a thousand mounts, skins, etc. in a cash shop
Yet
>>
>>383976765
>cosmetic transactions are the death of the gaming industry

wew lad
>>
>>383976856
That's a whole lot of projection, you're sounding like a paid marketer in this thread with how you break the game down
>>
>>383976765
valid, and i'm pessimistic it's a likelihood. especially if it doesn't pull a big enough audience they're wanting/expecting. but i'll still be taking the plunge until that cancer can be officially diagnosed.

>>383976856
they're a big part of it, as is your defense of the practice. it might be acceptable in a f2p/b2p game, but not in one like this that basically does have a subscription fee.
>>
>>383977087
Fair, however theres no cosmetic transactions as anon pointed and you can still buy the subscription fee with in game currency just like EVE.
>>
Is this that kinda pseudo spiritual sequel to Dark Age of Camelot?
>>
>>383977449
No i think thats Camelot Unchained.
>>
>>383977601
Oh, then I don't care
>>
>>383977353
lad, he was responding to me, i pointed out that there weren't any cosmetics to buy. i want to believe the AO "cash shop" will remain static and as bare as it is right now, offering exclusively only the gold and premium status (sub), but with how so many MMOs and video games in general are now, i think it's fair enough that he expresses some pessimism -- i have it too.

we'll see what happens, but i think a lot of it is going to depend on player retention. for the time being however, i'm hyped.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.