[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is The White Frost?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: thw-witcher-wild-hunt-780x975.jpg (170KB, 780x975px) Image search: [Google]
thw-witcher-wild-hunt-780x975.jpg
170KB, 780x975px
What the hell is The White Frost?
>>
The Witcher III is overrated fucking trash and your tastes are trash too.
>>
>>383955636
Old Geralt's apocalyptic orgasm.
>>
>>383955636
Entropy
>>
>>383955729
>people are still salty about witcher being popular
never gets old
>>
>>383955636
the white walkers
>>
>>383955636
Its the post apocalyptic event following the opening of that rift. All the entropy of the world leaving to some other dimension, did the evil elf man have any particular reason? Im not sure i remember, theres so much shit to do its hard to keep track
>>
>>383955729
T. Ex Bioware employee
>>
File: broof.gif (2MB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
broof.gif
2MB, 280x200px
>>383956498
He was trying to kidnap Ciri to stop the white frost cause it was in the process of affecting his home
>>
>>383957345
He wasn't trying to stop it was he?
I thought he just wanted to use her powers to evacuate his people from the planet.
>>
>>383957561
It's possible. It's been a while since I've played it, but the general gist is that he was trying to save his people from impending apocalypse while also harvesting the white frost's power
>>
File: ciri.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ciri.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
How exactly does Ciri fight an apocalyptic blizzard?
>>
File: itawakes.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
itawakes.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>383957859
By being a child of the elder blood or something
>>
>>383955636
As far as it's explained, it's essentially a type of multi-dimensional entropy cosmic horror.

Basically, different dimensions have different laws of physics. Imagine one in which 'gravity' didn't exist or some shit. The White Frost is just a cosmic force, like Light or Weight or any other constant, that does not mesh with other dimensions or realities. So when some shitty wizard opens a hole into White Frost dimension, all this unstoppable entropy leaks in and goo's up their reality.

Now remember that for some reason, shitty wizards keep showing up in tons of dimensions, opening portals to other dimensions, and every once in a while, whoops, White Frost. Then the White Frost fucks up their reality, and you've got TWO realities fucked up with evil space-goo. Then more wizards act like idiots and suddenly White Frost is like a cosmic case of Space AIDS and everyone is getting it right up the ass.

Magic Space Elf Wild Hunt faggots accidentally opened a hole into the wrong dimension and let the White Frost in, and it completely fucked their reality. So they started fleeing across dimensions and the multiverse trying to find a reality untouched by the goo. Apparently, the children with the blood of God, or magic space Jesus who transcends realities or something, whatever, can/might be able to stop the Space AIDS. So the Wild Hunt are trying to track down children of Space Jesus to stop the evil goo from eating reality, specifically THEIR reality.

Then Ciri does it anyways because all they had to really do was ask nicely.
>>
>>383958873
The Witcher games would be so much better without this stuff.
>>
>>383959096
lolwut

are you fucking retarded
>>
>>383958873
10/10
>>383959096
I wish it was just some grouchy fucker killing beasts
>>
>>383959096
they'd be much better if they hadn't changed Emhyr, Eredin and the White Frost to "le big bad evil guys" in the games.

If they hadn't, you'd be going around saving your daughter from getting sexually assaulted by inter dimensional elves and an emperor instead of preventing the end of the world.
>>
File: eat.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eat.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
When people say this game's world feels "alive", what exactly do they mean by this?
>>
>>383959178
>Dimensional space shenanigans with Dark Eldar cosplaying as Dark Knights wanting to fuck THE Mary Sue named Ciri
Or
>A witcher doing witcher stuff

Hmm...
>>
>>383959367
just enter Novigrad or Oxenfurt.
>>
>>383955636
its a big snow storm that can jump dimensions through portals and it freezes everything and Ciri can stop it somehow in its own dimension, who knows. she melts it i guess
>>
>>383959178
Its true though, blood and wine, hearts of stone and witcher 2 all had better stories.
>>
>>383959614
That doesn't fucking explain anything. Exactly what I expected from a shitty cdpr drone.
>>
>>383960079
ok
>>
>>383955636
a card that got nerfed pretty bad, not worth a silver slot anymore
>>
File: IMG_3458.jpg (548KB, 1836x2144px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3458.jpg
548KB, 1836x2144px
What the hell is Black Frost?
>>
It's just another natural ice age in the books and Ciri isn't some chosen savior ofta the universe, some people like Emhyr just believe that Ciri's offspring is destined to rule the world based on some old scrolls which have a bunch of vague riddles about the elder blood. Also, the elves want her Lara Dorren genes back in their species.
>>
>>383959292
Emhyr did nothing wrong
>>
>>383959367
NPC's have routines that they follow which change throughout the day, and they react to the world around them, seeking shelter when it rains for example or clearing out of the marketplaces when the shopkeepers start closing up for the day.

Additionally, nearly all of the vegetation is subject to wind physics.

It feels alive in the sense that nothing is artifically still and NPC's don't just forever wait in one place for you to come up talk to them.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.