[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal gear Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: 1500075624852.png (32KB, 200x100px) Image search: [Google]
1500075624852.png
32KB, 200x100px
Was he right?
>>
>>383949742
Prophetically so.

The world we live in is what happens without men like Snake.
>>
File: 1462718377423.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1462718377423.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
Pretty much. I'm also pretty sure people have been manipulating events to make specific things happen that world powers want.
>>
File: 1500076097246.jpg (26KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
1500076097246.jpg
26KB, 635x457px
>>383949868
At least there isn't some crazy robot who scream like cows...

...Yet
>>
>>383949742
Yes, except for the war economy part.
>>
>>383950195
Welcome to the sinking realization that the power they always told you you have is all an illusion.
>>
File: DA6CB6nXgAENyXm.jpg (75KB, 642x414px) Image search: [Google]
DA6CB6nXgAENyXm.jpg
75KB, 642x414px
>>383950215
This is a launchpad for railgun nukes.
IMMA MAKE ONE FOR URBAN PACIFICATION
>>
remember all those "real 5" whackos claiming the real sequel is coming this e3?

it still hurts
>>
>>383949742
>Was he right?

>guy who says
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul8j9I90ueM
>right

no way fag
>>
File: KojimaKnew.jpg (251KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
KojimaKnew.jpg
251KB, 800x1000px
>>383949742
Terrifyingly.
>>
It's probably the most accurate "dystopian future monoluge", but it's kind of unfair because MGS2 was made in 2001, whereas stuff like 1984 was published in the 40s.

We aren't being starved of information and ideas by the government, we are fucking drowning in them and choosing only to swallow the stuff that we like the taste of. People only associate with others who share their views, and assume every contradictory opinion is either wrong or a sinister plot to trick people.

The memes have become incestous.
>>
>>383952138
How did the Patriots go from this to creating the war economy doe?
>>
>>383952831
>How did the Patriots go from this to creating the war economy doe?

manipulation. They were always about manipulation
>>
>Raiden, turn off the console!
He was redpilled.
>>
>>383952831
the ia progress and change, just like humans.

Zero's plan was actually completly change by them.
>>
Absolutely. The method Solidus would have used were wrong, but his message was absolutely right. If he found a way to do it in a method where such a huge incident would have occurred, he would have been a great man. I still think Solidus dindu nuffin.
>>
>>383953826
Solidus AND the patriot are actually right, it just depend of the context.
>>
>>383953976
I wouldn't agree that the Patriots were correct but I do understand their line of argument, it seems fairly logical. However, as a person I don't agree with that it decided as the absolute final solution. I think humanity should naturally evolve, and not have a silent manipulative hand doing it. I hate this NWO shit, scares the shit out of me and the patriot(s) are essentially that.
>>
>>383953826
Except for all that child soldier shit, that was pretty bad. Though I agree, he is better than the patriots.
>>
File: 45846583.png (326KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
45846583.png
326KB, 600x960px
>>
>>383954135
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah child soldiers is horrible but one negative shouldn't outshine the positives. Doesn't make it excusable.
>>
>>383950548
This is the mentality that allows it to happen, however.
>>
>>383954135
felt pretty tacked on desu
>>
>>383954413
>felt pretty tacked on desu

the entire Arsenal Gear section felt tacked on
>>
about the patriot, are they also fighting the society in their own way or are they THE society?

Like, they critic raiden for being a sheep, so that's mean they are actually "proud" of what Solid Snake is, someone who think for himself. (that's why he wasn't plan in the "simulation" . )
>>
>>383955023
>about the patriot, are they also fighting the society in their own way or are they THE society?

They aren't the society, they were trying to help guide it along and keep cluttered junk filtered out. That's what my baby brain remembers, I could be wrong.

>>383949742
With memes, Tumblr, nintety-nine percent of YouTube, and most threads on this website, yeah I absolutely agree with him.

Just because you have an opinion or you are passionate about something doesn't mean you need to express yourself to the outside world. Every redundant, ignorant idea that someone has should be automatically filtered out and eventually dismissed from public domain, it doesn't need to be stored.
>>
>>383954201
t. Mei Ling
>>
>>383950961
>Campbells face fucks up half way through

That shit fucked me up as a kid
>>
>>383957283
Skull campbell was scary as fuck, but funny as the same time.

"YOU CAN JUST GO HOME, I'LL DO THE FIGHTING!"
>>
He did foretell the age of information and manufactured conflicts meant to justify the actions of higher ups, so, in this sense, yeah, he is absolutely right.

In the sense that humanity must be monitored under a shadow dictatorship where all information must be filtered and distilled proprerly before reaching the ears of the population, not quite so and that is merely because of one critical difference between the game's world and ours. In the game's world, the Patriots had, at least, the semblance of good intentions and the desire to move humanity forward. In our IRL, our higher ups doing the exact same thing are motivated by nothing more than money and control and every effort to further cement the iron grip of control on us is to secure the profit of gigantic corporations.
>>
>>383958357
[Intelligence] So you fight the Good Fight with your memes on 4chan.
>>
What was the real Campbell doing during MGS2?
>>
>>383958652
>What was the real Campbell doing during MGS2?

who knows
>>
>>383958652
Chilling with his brother in Alaska maybe?
>>
>mgs5 gives you 900 lethal tools
>you're punished for killing people
really made me think Kojimbo
>>
>>383958652
This is what confuses me. Snake in 4 says Raiden served in FoxHound, but wasn't that just a Patriot deception for Raiden? Like Raiden said, he never actually met the colonel.
>>
>>383958652
Probably watching TV over at Rose's house.
>>
>>383959697
That's my problem with timed/ranked shit. You hardly get to play with the tools of the game.
>>
>>383959870
This.

He was already pounding that ho. Probably little Jack is his son and not Raiden's.
>>
>>383949742
If you have to question if he was right or wrong, you missed the point of MGS2.
>>
>>383952831
Mutation. It's explained in the MGS4 epilogue. The Patriot AIs were truly intelligent, to the point they could decide for themselves what the best course of action was. After a while they decided it was more efficient to just keep an eternal Cold War and proxy battles going as opposed to complete control, since they can just manipulate the circumstances and rely on human nature to perpetuate the system. We find out in MGSV that it was Skullface who planted this idea in the AIs back in the 80s, where it festered like hate building up over generations and formed the war economy.
>>
>>383965342
when did Skull Face interact with the AIs in MGS5?
>>
>>383965764
He didn't but his whole death speech before the power line collapses on him implies the AIs knew what he was up to and observing him.
>>
>>383966679
to be honest when playing MGS5 I never considered that that Patriot AIs were in development at the time
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
>>383959697
>>383960979
This has literally been the case since MGS1. You get ranked shit for killing people and being discovered. Because it's a solo SNEAKING mission.
>>
>>383949742
>he
You mean It
>>
>>383949868
what snake did in 4 is basically the aftermath of the world we currently live in.
>>
>>383959573
>Brother
You mean Matt? Didn't he fucking die in the Gulf War when Meryl was a kid or something?
>>
>>383960979

you know you can ignore the rank and just have fun. is not like playing videogames is a course in college.
>>
>>383959697
They also give a ton of non lethal tools that I never use
>>
What's the point of an army without a nation?
>>
>>383959573
You mean the guy he cucked. I bet he hated his guts.
>>
>>383960979
Solo Sneaking Mission, weapons and equipment procured on-site. The entire point is to make sure that no one knows you're there, or as damn close to it as possible. If you go in guns-ablazin', leaving a trail of dead bodies in your wake, you're not really living up to the mission at hand.

That's why, ideally, you shouldn't even waste the ammo if you can. If you can go in, do what you need to do without so much as leaving a shadow behind, you've basically done your job perfectly. Obviously, no one can do that, not even Snake. But the point is that weapons are basically a crutch. They're what you use if you have no other choice. If you need to shoot someone, it already means you've compromised.

This is also why in the older games, you're never allowed to bring your own weapons. Leaving so much as a single bullet made in US soil around is leaving behind undesirable evidence. At least if your use your enemies' weapons, no one can guess who it was that used it. This concept was more or less dropped starting from MGS4, though. Shame, really.
>>
>>383952361
To be honest, the future that the patriots predicted before they took control was like Brave New World rather than 1984. They would've made it 1984 by the time of MGS4 but it was heading in the direction of Brave New World.
>>
SIXTY ONE
>>
What does heroism do in Peace Walker?
>>
>>383969323
>This concept was more or less dropped starting from MGS4, though. Shame, really.
Because Snake doesn't belong to a country. Sure, he's technically working for the UN, but legally he's dead or MIA/a criminal. The Nomad, his weapons, and the OctoCamo are supplied by Otacon. The missions are still procure on sight, and Otacon encourages you to not engage the militias and PMCs, but it's not like his presence causes an international incident.
>>
>>383970394
I think it effects how many volunteers you get
>>
>>383970462
In MGS4, he's using weapons he buys from Drebin. Strictly speaking, none of the weapons can be traced back to him or the country since they've all been illegally distributed. It's also necessitated by the introduction of the weapons ID system. Even if Snake picks up a weapon on the battlefield, he can't use it until Drebin unlocks it for him. The only odd thing is the fact that Snake doesn't appear to have any weapons of his own. Any weapons he personally owned wouldn't have been affected by the SOP system. So I guess this implies that Snake isn't really much of a weapons collector. He had a few in MGS2, but I guess he ended up giving them all the Raiden.

In Peace Walker and MGSV, Militaires Sans Frontières/Outer Heaven develops their own weapons. Since they don't belong to any nation, they don't need to worry about the major consequences.

I'm just saying, though, it's kind of a shame. Venom Snake doesn't know the pain and irritation of only being able to use what the enemies have stashed away.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.