[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is possible to ever make a good MMORPG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: adventurer.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
adventurer.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
Is possible to ever make a good MMORPG?
>>
It is possible, but it would be different enough that people would be reluctant to call it an MMORPG.
>>
Like these chinese cartoons? Of course not.
>>
File: way too hurtful.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
way too hurtful.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
>>383941992
I thought it was decent for a chink cartoon compared to last couple of years for Japanese anime aside Konosuba, nothing interested me in recent years.
>>
File: 1500041263340.png (163KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1500041263340.png
163KB, 500x555px
>Free market economy
>Permadeath
>PvP everywhere, no safe zones

Make things feel more like a world and less like a supervised playground.
>>
>>383941258
No, the genre is dead. Play Minecraft.
>>
>>383941258
I just watched that show last night. It was a lot more interesting than I had expected it to be. Now if only actual MMOs were as exciting to play.
>>
>>383943601
Sauce?
>>
>>383943771
Quanzhi Gaoshou
>>
>>383943389
Rules aren't enough to make a MMO like a living world, you need a community willing to play their roles.
PvP MMO exactly like that would just become one of these DayZ games where everyone just go kill each other, especially new players, instead of doing anything else.
Then you add penalties and people stop caring about the feature in a week or so.
>>
File: HET 1954.jpg (32KB, 278x400px) Image search: [Google]
HET 1954.jpg
32KB, 278x400px
>chinese anime
>>
>>383943932
People go kill each other in dayz because theres literally nothing else to do, it would be different in an mmo with quests and stories and such
>>
>>383943864
Thanks anon, I was looking for a mmo anime to watch while I play my anime mmos
>>
>>383943389

Sounds like a surefire way to make a dead game.
>>
Ragnarok was it.
>>
>>383944118
>it would be different
>implying people wouldnt just camp these npcs waiting for someone dumb enough to click on them and lower their defenses by opening a dialog box
>>
Yes, but MMO autists refuse to let the genre evolve and experiment. That's why we only have skinnerboxes that only focus on "endgame".
>>
>>383942380
>>383941258
What show is this?
>>
>>383943389
I disagree with the perma death aspect. Too much abuse could arise from that, especially considering an RPG element where levels matter more than skill in some situations. Instead do something like a death penalty, have the severity of it change based on a level difference between you and whatever kills you. If a player who is a much higher level than you kills you then you shouldn't suffer too much for it. However if you go picking fights and lose against someone your level you should be punished in death. Losing to someone a much lower level than you would make it even worse. This would take away some of the fun of crushing new players while adding a more serious risk in PvP than something like WoW.
You could maybe include a permanent death if you stack too many severe death penalties over your characters life.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>383941258
No.

The technology exists, and you could make a good MMO game- but you couldn't make an MMO that was both good and able to survive in the modern market. All MMOs must be WoW clones to attract players, and even then there's an 80% chance the game will fail to take off. Being WoW-esque precludes being a good game, and therefore it's impossible for a well-designed MMO to support a playerbase.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.