[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happend to Elysium? They went from like 50k players with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: wow.png (753KB, 1201x417px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
753KB, 1201x417px
What happend to Elysium? They went from like 50k players with 40k in queues to 7k in less than half a year.

Did people only think they do, but didn't?
>>
What's the next big server /v/?
>>
>>383938954
A lot of things

>Staff started to jump ship
>Corrupted GMs got caught selling gear
>Financial issues caused server instability
>Asked for donations left and right
>They barely made enough money to host
>Ended up having to merge servers together
>Suddenly mass lag and crashes
>Couldn't take 5 steps without lagging or DCing
>"Fixes are coming soon!"
>Months later it's still the same

It was fun but they just simply ran out of money to continue supporting the servers.
>>
It had literally nothing to do with the game. The problem was the administration. Nostlarius devs cucked out and the dumb slavs got bribed by the chinks. Whole server was overrun with hackers and botters, also there were rumors of admins selling gear/chars.
>>
>>383939016
Felmyst, Burning Crusade server that's been in the works for years

One big problem, they're hosting in New York City, so 99.9% chance they'll just be shut down within the first few months.
>>
>>383938954
Owners ran out of money, had to merge servers together in order to make rent for the server host, that caused an ungodly amount of lag that never got fixed.
>>
>>383939435
>>383938954
yawn x1 proves nobody is a neet that has time to do that shit grind. femlyst will fail because of this
>>
I was fucking ass mad when I couldn't transfer my Nost character over, but the way things turned out I think it was better that way.
>>
>>383938954
desu what i really want is a progressive content vanilla server with either wrath mechanics or current mechanics
none of the garbage shit though like dungeon finder/raid finder, although the premade groups feature would be ok
>>
Don't fall for the felmyst meme just play Warmane, their wotlk servers have been up for years
>>
>>383941723
I'm so sick of having Russian ping but I also don't want to waste time on a character that will be gone after a few months tops
>>
>>383940452
>progressive content
Is this the new buzzword after meaningful progression
>>
>>383942253
how is it a buzzword
it literally just means they start with the original content and then release it on the same timeline as the original
>>
>>383941723
Problem with Warmane is that they sell gear for real life money, you can buy everything from BOE epics to full tier sets for cheap
>>
>>383939309
>lagging and DC
I havn't had any for quite a while now. Are you sure you're not talking out of your ass on that one?
>>
>>383941723
Warmane has a cash shop that sells everything from tier to gold, it's P2W to the fucking max.
>>
>>383940452
>current mechanics
whats the point then? just play retail if you want that
>>
>>383942813
I play on Elyisum all the time and I agree that there's some crazy lag/dcing problems during parts of the day, you can't deny that there are days when the server is just pure shit with connections.
>>
>>383942813
works for me :^)
>>
>>383938954
A lot of different drama bullshit happened one after another a few months back and the population never really recovered.
>>
>>383942813
Just the other day the server was done for almost 24 FUCKING HOURS because it was lagging and crashing so badly

>Uptime: 1 day 6 hours 5 min 12 sec

That's the longest it's been up without crashing.
>>
>>383942813
>I havn't had any for quite a while now

Quite a while as in 2 days? Because 2 days ago their entire servers went down for the entire day due to "hardcore issues"
>>
>>383943074
Then I guess I don't play at those times, because I really havn't had any DC or lag in quite a while
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.