[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is pretty fucking awful. I'm down for the soundtrack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: a.jpg (35KB, 315x316px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
35KB, 315x316px
This game is pretty fucking awful.

I'm down for the soundtrack and the style but the controls are clunky and being chased around by a bunch of cunts is dumb as fuck. Reminds me of the timer in Pikmin - a feature that they knew was unjustifiable, no fun and retarded and decided to remove.

Why is JSRF not available on at least PSN? It's a drastic, drastic, DRASTIC improvement over this shit.
>>
>>383938169
This game is pretty easy and chill, soundtrack is a 9/10.
Controls are good and easy to do cool shit
Only bad control is the camera/initiate spray paint
It's also available on pc, was given out for free on steam like a year or two ago, and has had numerous ports to other consoles, and even a sort of sequel with JSR Future
>>
>>383938743
Why havent they ported the sequel yet? I remember playing that for hours on xbox
>>
>>383938962
Because sega doesn't want easy money, also you can play it upscaled on da XBOX ONE XXX apparently, I'd reccommend you take a look at a game called Hover: Revolt of Gamers
>>
>>383939145
Nice ill check it out
>>
>>383938743
Thanks for the... synopsis? I guess?
>>
>>383939884
What I should have said in the post is ask why do you hate the game? reasons listed are why it's great
>>
>>383940064
The controls are ass - yes, particularly the camera and spray commands.
Being chased is complete and utter shit. None of the free roaming features of Future, but I knew this already. Didn't think it would be this bad though.
Timer literally ruins the game.
Level design is cramped and lame.
For a game as eclectic as this stylistically, it has none of the features going for it that made Future so good. Everything that makes the game 'challenging' is terrible - I don't want to feel stressed playing a game, especially one with such a laidback vibe.
>>
>>383938169
>The timer in Pikmin is bad
I don't think there's a reaction image on this planet to show how much I'm laughing at how much of a casual you are for not being able to handle basic resource management.
>>
>>383941074
I grew up with JSR so I can play it easy, never played future though, gonna have to pick that up to see if the levels are better/worse, because I loved the level design of JSR, only a few areas were not good.
>>
File: 1367172806151.png (189KB, 344x366px) Image search: [Google]
1367172806151.png
189KB, 344x366px
>>383941074
>Timer literally ruins the game.
lol get a load of this faggot
>>
>>383938169
Fuckers like you are why they casualized the FUCK out of the sequel
FUCK OFF
>>
>>383945263
this. future is so easy to the point where it gets boring
>>
JSR is garbage. Future is a fantastic game and its what i bought an xbox for. Cant wait until it plays on the xbox one
>>
>>383938169
>the timer in Pikmin was unjustifiable
Kill yourself my dude, it introduces time managment, if you're such a fucking pussy that you can't handle it maybe play something else faggot
>>
>>383946976
SHUT UP AND LET ME EAAAAAAT
>>
Like many Sega games, this one hasn't aged well.
>>
>>383941418
>>383943729
>>383945263
>>383947058
All the shit taste in the world will not change the fact that Pikmin 2 was a million times better than 1, and 75% of that was due to the removal of the timer. Fuck games with timers and fuck ya'll.
>>
>>383947205
Maybe on the Dreamcast original, but played it on the 360 and pc numerous times, and it is still one of my favorite games, although even I have to admit there is some stupid stuff like not being able to pick a previous mission without playing the whole game over again just to get to that point
>>
>>383947421
The first thing that came to mind when I tried the game is why would a game about roller skates not include any tricks. To me personally it felt like the lack of the second analogue stick on the gamepad screwed over a good number of games hard.
>>
>>383948029
>why would a game about roller skates not include any tricks.
because it isnt tony hawk
>>
>>383948029
Eh tricks would be cool but I really feel JSR focused on the level, music, and spray painting. Tricks would have been cool, but it would have ruined the ranking system, no way you could balance out doing the level fine and how many random tricks you should do
>>
>>383948170
Are you saying tricks are somehow exclusive to Tony Hawk games?
>>
>>383948425
no im saying this isnt that type of game
>>
I just wish there was a way to replay levels without having to go through the entire game again. A level select would have been the easiest shit in the world to implement.
>>
>>383947296
No one give a fuck about Pikmin you retarded underage. Is this game really your only experience with timers?
Biggest fucking casual of the year
>>
>>383938169
The amount of sprays before they start chasing you down is the same number of input required sprays in each level
>>
>>383938169
>I'm down for the soundtrack and the style but the controls are clunky and being chased around by a bunch of cunts is dumb as fuck.
>Why is JSRF not available on at least PSN? It's a drastic, drastic, DRASTIC improvement over this shit.
>>383941074
>Timer literally ruins the game

The timer is the game. I've littttterally never said this to anyone before, but legit, 4real, it's because you suck at JSR. JSR was frustrating as hell until about halfway through, when I got gud.

JSRF inherits all JSR's control problems, and adds its own with too much low-pass filtering. JSR's controls are at least more expressive. Either way, the salient difference is that JSR is an actual game with challenge. You have to reach all the locations, beat the timer, and avoid damage- all of which are consistently doable, hence the challenge being genuine. The platforming under pressure and with tactical depth is what makes it fun. For "pure" platforming, other games do a better job.

JSRF is just a grocery list of easy shit to get through. It's painfully tedious and unengaging. Not only that, but even the visuals are much less polished, and the level design inferior. The sparse, cavernous levels are probably what made them tear out the timer and segment the gameplay into disjointed little minigames.
>>
>>383948579
this, going back to a level to get that highest ranking is fucked up
>>
>>383948969
Simply used it as a comparison and no. Chill out!
>>383949108
>tactical depth
There is none, literally none. The pressure of being pursued as well as the time limit (which, people seem to misunderstand, is 100% less pernicious than being chased) removes any opportunity for 'tactical' gameplay besides choosing certain spots to graffiti before I have police up my ass.

If there was just a timer, perfect. Being hounded constantly is what ruins the experience.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.