[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic Adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: TTjYy19.png (1013KB, 1282x752px) Image search: [Google]
TTjYy19.png
1013KB, 1282x752px
Was this game so fucking bad?
>>
>>383937559
no, it was fine for the most part
2 had a worse shit-to-good ratio though
>>
>>383937559
stop making these threads, it was a janky piece of shit and i love it
>>
>>383937638
agreed
2 had way too many shitty mech levels, which weren't nearly as fun as E102's levels
also Amy's levels are underrated
>>
>>383937559
Second best 3d sonic
Heroes is best
>>
>>383937559
Only Amy and Knuckles sucked. ESPECIALLY Knuckles. But the Chao and VMU's made up for that by far.
>>
http://www.moddb.com/mods/sadx-dreamcast-conversion
>>
>>383937739
I like how Sonic still had momentum to him in a 3d environment. Going off of ramps was awesome.
>>
>>383937559
It was never the greatest game, but the original US release was definitely better and less buggy than subsequent releases. The problem is they did a lazy half-assed port to GameCube for DX, and every subsequent release was just a lazy half-assed port of the GameCube version. If there was a good Dreamcast emulator around you could see this for yourself.
>>
one of the most vaporwave pieces of game ever made
>>
>>383938018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uNsTXIzgGI
>>
>>383938018
why bother emulating Dreamcast when there's patches for the steam version
>>
>>383937559
No it was fucking awesome, it was the whole reason I got a Dreamcast and gave me the "This is next gen" feels.
>>
>>383938018
What about SA2 Battle compared with the original?
>>
>>383938209
>>383938380
I like that, but it's basically just a graphical overhaul. Most of the bugs come from a lazy port of the game engine as a whole, and aren't fixed by a simple mod.
>>
At best moments it's actually good, but there's just so much janky and pointless shit in it that I have no desire to play it ever again. Really feels that they threw every single idea they had in it, nothing else explains shit like Big the Cat's levels.
>>
>>383938636
Oh, and I assume you know better than the team responsible for this 'simple mod'?
>>
>>383938636
SADX Fixed Edition solves a bunch of geometry issues as well as other stuff though
>>
SADX with mods is the best way to play SA1?
>>
>>383938810
Why are you being overly defensive? Regardless of how much work they put into overhauling it, the simple fact is there will still be bugs leftover in the game that came about from how much it was ported, and would not be present in the original Dreamcast US release. It's the best way to play on PC for sure and I've played it and enjoyed it, but it would be inferior in terms of gameplay to a hypothetical HD version of the US Dreamcast version.
>>
>>383938945
Let him live in denial.
>>
>>383937559
There's been a weird bell curve with this game. Everyone defended it at first, then acknowledged it was actually pretty shit, and now in the last few years there are people who vehemently defend the 99-06 era not just for the gameplay but for the storytelling.
>>
>>383937739
This
The game is mediocre but really fun at the same time and I say this as someone who goes back to it from time to time.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.