[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important are graphics to you personally?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1496934282840.jpg (961KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496934282840.jpg
961KB, 1920x1080px
How important are graphics to you personally?
>>
Without graphics there us no game to see
>>
Probably the least important thing next to soundtrack. I love a good OST but it's not the be all and end all like some anons make it out to be.
>>
Very important, and not just technically impressive graphics, but the whole artstyle matters alot. Many of the nerds who make dumb games are artistically retarded
>>
Style > Gameplay > Music > Graphics

Having strong graphics is no longer impressive, its more so how you use your resources.
>>
>>383933232

Very important. I play strategy games mostly, and being able to tell what something is at a glance just makes everything so much easier.
>>
>>383933232
what game? She is gorgeous I think I found a new waifu
>>
Visuals are cool, I'm more about the gameplay and art style. Music is a close third.
>>
Not at all, the more stylized the game looks, the better. I fucking hate realism in games and it just doesn't feel good to look at or really even play.
>>
>>383934881
skyrim with mods
>>
>>383933232
who's this womb tomb
>>
Graphics have to be appealing. It's why I'll play Mario games over Call of Duty games any day; I play to escape realism, since that's the purpose of vidoe games.
>>
>>383935189
thank you for your reply, anon. so, yeah I google the image and found it is some kinda of Taiwanese mod, also found this site full of Skyrim Japanese waifus: http://skyrim.jpn.org/ - I didn't know Skyrim could be such waifu simulator, how can the western mods even compete?
>>
>>383933232
Graphics are useless without a proper aesthetic. It's why some games running the crysis engine look like shit but a game like Stardew Valley looks decent.
>>
>>383933232
Without advancements in graphics we would have 3D, VR, 60+ fps, or color for that matter. Everything would still be monochrome.
>>
>>383935536
*would not have
>>
>>383935298
>I play to escape realism, since that's the purpose of vidoe games.
good lord you area pathetic son of a bitch
>>
It depends. Some games benefit from good graphics more than others.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
>>383933232
personally, for me, i think graphoics are pretty cool
>>
I was able to play and really enjoy deus ex, system shock 2 and the thief games in the 2010's

now system shock 1 looks a bit too rough for my tastes but I haven't tried it
>>
>>383933232
I have found that I love how games like CSCZ:Deleted scenes, Red Alert 2, soldier of fortune and other games of similar age looked. Graphical "marvels" like Crysis and Half Life 2 or any BF game did not impress me with their grafics, even at launch.
So not really as far as hyper realism and shit goes, but a insanely bad artstyle needs some major help for me to not be "turned off" of the game.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.