[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has someone here actually bought this piece of shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: steam meme.jpg (20KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
steam meme.jpg
20KB, 460x215px
Has someone here actually bought this piece of shit?
>>
It works nicely for desktop browsing
>>
>>383931770
yeah the steam controller shills will be here any minute to tell you how great this piece of shit is,.
>>
>>383931770
Yeah. It´s great for a lot of games, not so much for some others.

Also best input method of all time if you are using your pc from the couch
>>
I got one from my birthday yesterday, it's not bad, i'm not sure if i have the patience for it over plug n play controllers, but i dislike it a lot less than I thought I would
>>
>>383931770
It's awful. It's far too chunky. I say that as a person who was quite comfortable with the Xbox controller.

Also the space between the joystick and the touchpad is enormous.
>>
>>383933858
Happy birthday anon
>>
It's not bad actually, jack of all trades but master of none
>>
>>383934069
thanks anon
>>
>>383934482
It's really not even that, it's useless for fighters and 2D platformers. A jack of all trades and master of none is a standard controller.
>>
>>383936858

>it's useless for fighters and 2D platformers

Did you turn Require Click off on the left pad?
>>
>>383934482
It's better than a standard controller for anything that doesn't require a d-pad.

Any sort of 3rd person game that has shooting is massively upgraded with the accuracy of gyro + touchpad aim, for example. MGSV sucks dick on a keyboard because muh analog movement but it's also not great on a controller because of precise aiming, steam controller is the best way to play it.
>>
>>383931770
Xbox controller >>> Steam controller
>>
>>383938856

In what universe?

>>383938724

Turn off Require Click for the Left pad if you wanna use it as a D-Pad and it'll work brilliantly. I love it in SNES platformers.
>>
p good tbqhwy famalam. Just made a configuration for my emulators. Shit's comfy af.
>>
It's a good desktop mouse, and it works nicely in shit like Civ V, and I'm sure it'll work pretty well in 3D platformers, though I have none to test, but god is it ever uncomfortable to hold.
>>
>>383931770
There's a specific niche of games it works VERY well with, like MGSV or Fallout NV
Other then that, it ranges from serviceable to god-awful depending on the game.
Some games are also just kind of weird on it. Dark Souls 3 for example. Most things work fine, but if you keep your thumb on the touchpad, the camera constantly vibrates slightly.
>>
Hey! Remember when mustardfags thought that steam controller and rift vr would taje pcgaming to the next level. Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahha
>>
I'm actually thinking of buying one. I'm incredibly frustrated by the controls of 3rd person action games with guns and this seems like the solution to all my headaches.
>>
>>383942274

Is the right pad in Dark Souls 3 set to Mouse or Mouse Joystick? If it's one then set it to the other and see how that goes.
>>
>>383942610

Gyro is suprisingly good for shit like Max Payne.
>>
It's good, but you need to tailor it to your needs. Out of the box, it's just a basic controller. What makes it so great is how good the customization is.
>>
>>383931770
Typing sucks dick with it, is my main concern.

It's great for playing Darkest Dungeon from my couch
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.