[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Blizzard could balance for shit this game could be actually good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 23

If Blizzard could balance for shit this game could be actually good
>>
>>383931604
balancing ow would mean removing half of the characters
>>
>>383931604

It's too bad that when Blizzard thinks of balance, they try to kowtow to people who know nothing about the game, and try to 'balance' around what's happening at the bronze and silver levels so that things don't seem 'unfair' to them.

But they had the good sense to have paid shills on youtube who'll defend literally any and all decisions made by them. They could shit on their dinner and they'd talk about how it's added to the experience.
>>
>>383931975
Yeah nah, they just need to buff the tank counters
>>
>>383931604
Too bad they don't know how to balance. All they do is nerf and give small buffs that don't do shit. I guess if every character is shit then it is balanced though.
>>
>>383931604
lets see your game then, OP.
>>
It would only be truly balanced if all characters were able to do the same things.
>>
File: 1465684789162.jpg (254KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465684789162.jpg
254KB, 1280x1080px
Why would you want the game to be balanced? Do you hate fun?
>>
>>383931604
It needs a story mode
>>
>be not into esport crap
>Overwatch World Cup thing is on
>give it a chance because I like the game and it's not like I have anything better to do
>every team is Winston, Tracer, Lucio, Dva and Zenyatta with the only variation in the 6th spot between Sombra, Genji and Soldier

Nice game and event you got there, Blizz.
>>
>>383931604
>AKA "my main is not meta"

Fucking defense mains, man.
>>
>>383931604
No, it wouldn't. Overwatch sucks on a fundamental level.
>>
>>383933948
t. tf2babby
>>
>>383933905
Defense characters are the perfect example though.

When an entire class of characters arent viable, the games is unbalanced
>>
>>383933905
You will regret your words and deeds when my man Torb is viable.
>>
>>383933780
When Blizzard defended multiple of the same hero most games would come down to Tracer spam to get to the point the fastest and try to stay alive.
>>
>>383934494
why would you want to play defense characters? They are literally all turtles and have boring gameplay. In fact, they are there because of character archetypes from other team fps (The sniper, the guy with a bow, the guy that places turrets).

All these could be either shit in comparison to other characters or OP and frustrating to play against, like they feel in very low levels or when they are not balanced right (See Bastion some months ago when he was unkillable).

Blizzard just went for the less frustrating choice and made them "meh". Either way, there are 23 heroes on the game, why try to main one that is clearly shit and who is based around annoying the enemy instead of skill?

Defense mains are cancer. Stay in modes like CTF where you actually shine by design.
>>
>>383931604
>nerf sym range
>nerf pharah

Done.
>>
>>383935069
Nah senpai, the only cancer mains in OW are assault mains.

Truly the epitome of ruining other peoples time.

t. tank/support main
>>
>>383934748
It's not like there are other 20 characters or anything.
>>
File: new overwatch character.png (59KB, 1042x736px) Image search: [Google]
new overwatch character.png
59KB, 1042x736px
>>383934494
To be honest, the Offense/Defense/Tank/Support labeling is kinda shitty.

What makes a Tank? Being able to protect their team, right? Why is Roadhog a tank, when he's more of a damage dealer and pick-off hero. That sounds like a Defense hero more than anything.
>but offense heroes are mobile
Then why is McCree an Offense hero?
Why is Symmetra a "support" when the only way she supports teams is with build-ables? Torbjorn could be considered a support too, in that manner.
>>
>>383934647
That will never happen.

He is already "viable" in low level and newbie games. They won't buff him to make him "ok" in all tiers only for low level to become Torbjorn based.

Just face it defense mains, your characters are shit by design and are just there to please people with no skill or who enjoy boring and easily outmatched tactics like "not shooting yourself" or "freeze enemies for easy headshots".
>>
>>383932585
>Now players can just shit on everyone with "tank counters"

yeah nah, every class shooter is cancer. yes even tf2
>>
>>383935240
I would love for a role select quick play. You go in, but decide which role you want to play before hand. Avoiding all these shitty all offense mains in games.

Or worse yet, your actually enter an all support/tank main game and your dps can't kill shit.
>>
>>383931604
Name one balanced game.
>>
>>383931604
Wrong, the problem in every """competitive""" multiplayer game is the people, people sucks and humanity should perish
*tips fedora*
>>
nah it would still be trash
>>
>>383935324
>implying you need skill to play high ranked overwatch

You are a bit too tryhard friend, consider playing games that require real skill. I'm fucking shit at the game mechanically and I'm currently 3.4k not even trying because I just communicate decently.

Do you think Hearthstone is an esport as well?
>>
>>383931604
Balance doesn't have shit to do with the awful game modes, shit map design and the core of the game forcing "teamwork".

Balanced or broken, the game at its very foundation is fucking BORING and doesn't work with the design of each character being extremely niche. Nor does the "changing characters is a core part of the strategy" work when changing will have you lose your stupid fucking Ultimate meter.

Payload and control point maps means everyone is throwing themselves ass first at a single point on the map. Each map is a super linear hallway with very tight chokepoints. No matter how diverse in ability each character is, they all just become a part of a fucking deathball rolling through narrow doorways. The ones that are best at making a bigger deathball are the ones that will always be superior for "teamwork", hence shit like the Tank and Dive meta compositions that butt out everyone else out.

Every tweak to characters doesn't solve anything, it just shifts around which six will be dominant in the rigid team structure.
>>
>>383935540
I hate the fucking concept of "main" in general.

Especially in a game based around counter switching.
>>
>>383935939
>Forcing Teamwork
>In a game with other players against other players

I don't have the picture but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

>mostretardedpostontheinternet.jpg
>>
>>383935612
I feel pretty balanced when I play 'Hide The Salami' with your mom.
>>
In OP's words:
>Waaaah got killed by a [Flavor of the meta]. Patch him Blizzard!!
>>
>>383935324
>thinking OW in general takes skill

LOL, nigger, it's the most casual FPS on the market. It's why it's so popular.
>>
>>383935176
>Make sym even shittier
Why
>>
>>383933780

I don't blame the game balance for this, but the awful community.

You would think that with each team having different objectives from each other that running identical or nearly identical compositions would be silly, but the Overwatch communtiy has consistently done this.

The Overwatch community knows and understands exactly ONE team composition/strategy at any given time. They won't actually try to do unique things and there is almost zero variance between attack/defense, game mode or even map.

It doesn't help that Blizzard listens to this retarded community and does things like removing multiple heroes. The single mopst retarded balance change they ever did was remove hero stacking and it only happened because people were too stupid to play Torbjorn.
>>
File: smug ying.png (248KB, 288x685px) Image search: [Google]
smug ying.png
248KB, 288x685px
I got so sick of fighting the same 6 heroes I actually went to play paladins, which would be a good alternative if they had good burst healing and health packs.
>>
>>383931604
The game is much better balanced now than TF2 is after 11 fucking years, even though they only had 9 fucking heroes to balance.
>>
>>383936916
Sym has the highest winrate in the game you fuck. She is only useful in certain situations on certain maps, but on those niche situations she is broken OP.
>>
>>383935069
Fuck you, Torb would be fun as shit if his turret wasn't made of glass and tissue.

Just because you suck dick doesn't mean a bunch of shit needs to be as well. Do I want to fight against Junkrat/Hanzo/Mei that are good? Fuck no, but im not gonna be a dumbass and think them sucking is good for the game. Id rather fight them being good than fight another fucking egregiously safe Tracer anyday.
>>
>>383931604
Just play a class the wrong way, it makes the game a lot more fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkg21XFtJ2U
>>
>>383937163
pip potion build has insane burst healing, like if cauterise wasnt a thing it would be beyond absolutely broken
>>
A balanced game isn't a fun game.

Good MP games are imbalanced so therefore have meta.
>>
>>383936060
You know what the fuck I mean.
Almost every Overwatch character is so limited in what they can do that most are basically crippled and it is absolutely mandatory they have the rest of their team with them at almost all times. Overwatch's "teamwork" is hollow.

There are no cases where players are doing their own thing and help out others where possible. No, they all bunch up and crash into the other team, each using the one gimmick they have. And no, Tracer or Genji or whomever dashing behind enemy lines to gank one enemy isn't them doing their own thing; that's them doing the one thing they're supposed to be doing because it is the only thing they're good at doing.
There are few if any opportunities for an individual to stand out and pull off something that gives the team a big advantage. Oh no, such plays are locked behind Ultimates, which the game at high level play has become focused on, because they are the only things that actually tilt the needle in favor of one team.
There are no tricky strategies and counter strategies or multiple effective compositions. Nope, because the game is so pinprick-focused in the way objectives are fought over and how players work together that only one composition really works at any given time based on whatever "balance" they're on now.

Overwatch's teamwork and chance of diversity of play styles are fucked because:
Each character is too limited in what they can do, they fill an extremely niche role and can not stray from it.
Ultimates overrule everything else.
Each narrowly designed map and the single point game modes cut out any and all unique possible tactics or compositions other than the one that works best.
>>
>>383937632
stop spamming your shitty video. you aren't good, and you certainly aren't entertaining
>>
>>383931604
They need to balance properly
and redo literally all of the maps
and redo literally all of the character abilities
and redo literally the entire physics engine
So if Blizzard just redid the entire game from scratch then it could be actually good.
>>
>>383937482
>play symmetra
>lose first point
>switch
>lose game
>loss is counted to your new character and not symmetra
Winrate is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>383938316
>Winrate is completely irrelevant.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>383938523
I literally just proved why it is, brainlet. If a character is a niche situational pick, like Symmetra, then their winrate will be artificially high because people will simply switch when it doesn't work and the character won't be credited with the loss. Conversely, the best characters in the game will have winrates close to 50%, likely slightly higher but not too much, because the best characters will be played by both teams thus the character will be credited with one win and one loss for the same game.

Winrate is an idiotic and irrelevant way to judge the viability of a character. Get shit on.
>>
>>383931604
It needs more virtue signaling, pandering, and social justice to be a great game.

Oh, and way less patriarchy, everyone is tired of that.
>>
>>383938889
>I literally just proved why it is, brainlet
>the character won't be credited with the loss

Yeah you "proved" why it is literally using a false premise which you could have figured out if you had spent 2 minutes of google work. Good job embarrassing yourself, "brainlet".
>>
>>383931604
You can't balance a MOBA, because they're not made for good gameplay. They're made to cycle OP characters in time with skin releases.
>>
File: PC_Usage_Support[1].png (27KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
PC_Usage_Support[1].png
27KB, 1000x500px
>>383939262
>"nuh uh you're wrong cuz I said so!"
Wonderful argument.
>>
>>383935313
>Why is Roadhog a tank, when he's more of a damage dealer and pick-off hero
well guess what buddy the monkeys at blizzard that throw shit at a moving sign to decide what "balances" to make have decided to throw that concept in the trash and make him more of a defender than the one-man army he was designed as.
>>
>>383939418
No, you are wrong because a character will be credited a loss when you switch off and your entire post was based around the premise that it is not.

Again, good job embarrassing yourself, "brainlet". Next time try to use google before you make stuff up.
>>
>>383937653
yeah but most pips think they're playing a damage hero. Supports doing too much damage is another core problem. It's not so much that there aren't any strong burst heals, it's that they are on insane cooldowns compared to how easily a lot of the damage and flankers can burst you down.
>>
Balance is not going to fix the mess that is a teamfight in first person, absolute chaos where aiming doesn't matter
And only 6 viable characters sucks, shitters that think they can have fun on this game keep picking Reinhardt and Roadhog just to get slaughtered by Winston, Genji and Tracer
Fuck this game and fuck white people
>>
>Haven't played a Blizzard game since Wow did this exact same shit to WoW 5-8 years ago.
>Completely avoided the shit show that was the SC2 scene as it died a horrible death.
Feels good man. I'll never give those cocksuckers another dime.
Any old fags remember the dawn of DoTA and how Blizzard wouldn't fix any bugs in their code that Icefrog wanted them to fix so he could make a BALANCED FUN GAME? They treated the mod scene like shit then sued and claimed they owned DOTA. You're all cucks to give them $.
>>
>>383931604
the fucking invisible ceiling bugs the hell out of me. it limits a lot of movement with some of the more vertical able characters
>>
>>383935069
t. someone born in the 00's
>>
>>383935397
Finally, another person who understands.
>>
>>383935759
I'm really good at SF but I can hardly play this and can't get out of the 2k range because I don't know shit about shooters or mobas and am not good at either after silver bordering on my main acc.

How ashamed should I be?
>>
>>383939558
Still haven't proven anything, you're literally just saying shit without evidence.
>>
>>383939558
When you get a win, each hero is credited for a portion of the win corresponding to the % of the match's playtime as that hero.

So if you play Mercy 60% of a match you won, and Lucio 40% of that same match, the hero specific win totals on the career overview are credited by 0.6 and 0.4, respectively. We then round the displayed value of games won by hero to the nearest integer.

So feel free to switch heroes as needed to help your team win!

So symmetra is mainly played at the first point, and you're either her the whole game (you win) or you switch off her after you lose the first point, because she's entirely useless past that point. This is what is causing her winrate to be so high.
>>
>>383931604
Remove shields and ults and that would make the game playable for starters
>>
>>383939975
Oh my god, a Blizzard employee? How do you sleep at night knowing 99% of your playerbase actually hate the game but play just because it's popular?
>>
File: smug kawakami.png (121KB, 540x391px) Image search: [Google]
smug kawakami.png
121KB, 540x391px
>>383939916
Oh you mean just like you did?

I could go and give you evidence but I would first like to see your evidence for >>383938316 that you conveniently didn't post either.

So where is your source? Or are you ready to admit you were pulling shit out of your ass yet?
>>
>>383935612
Dota
>>
>>383940085
Oh no I just c/p'd that from their forum, I'm not a monster.
>>
Judging from what I'm reading, all it needs is a battle royale mode.
>>
>>383940135
see >>383939975
brainlet BTFO
>>
>>383940085
>How do you sleep at night knowing 99% of your playerbase actually hate the game but play just because it's popular?

Is this what you actually believe? "God I hate this game so much but I am FORCED to play it because of all those other people who play it despite hating it too"
>>
How do you define "balance"?

Is Baseball unbalanced because every team puts their best batter fourth?
>>
>>383940314
It really helps things out socially and it's a massive competitive venue. I'd have less to play with friends if I didn't play.
>>
>>383931604
But balancing would require entire map redesigns. Playing defense is just defending a series of narrow ass choke points. It is a boring game.
>>
>>383940245
That post literally goes against your argument because it says the your hero WILL be credit after you switch off it, contradicting what you said at >>383938316 where you claimed you won't be credit

But I guess if you scream "HEHE I WIN BRAINLET BTFO" you can feel like you actually won the argument and didn't embarrass yourself :^)

Btw are you from /pol/? You write exactly like a post 2015 /pol/ newfag. And again, good job embarrassing yourself, "brainlet".
>>
>>383940389
Yeah sure everyone just plays something they hate because everyone else hates it too! Instead of, you know, everyone doing something they enjoy instead, moron?

You are so desperate to discredit Blizzard's success with OW its hilarious.
>>
>>383940340
well for starters not making streetpig next to useless because players said it was unfun to get instashot, and leave hanzo zero-skill scatter arrow untouched and symmetra's no-aim lock on gun or nerfing the fuck out of mcree because he was too good and close and far range but keep mei's ability to freeze people dead and her icicle bubble wand that hits like a fucking sniper rifle
i don't want complete balance, not every hero needs to be viable for everything, i just want consistency
>>
>>383940549
The only difference is weighted values instead of absolute, but it still proves that winrate is completely irrelevant, which blows out your argument that Symmetra is OP because of winrate. But of course, you have no critical thinking skills so I'm not surprised you need every last detail spelled out to you.

>play Symmetra and win
>Symmetra is credited for one (1) entire win
>play Symmetra, lose first point, switch, lose match
>Symmetra is credited for 0.5 or less of a loss
>Symmetra's winrate is therefore 66% or higher
also
>Winston is played the entire match on both sides
>Winston is credited with 1 entire win and 1 entire loss
>Winston's winrate is 50%

>according to you, Symmetra is OP and Winston isn't because muh winrate
>>
>>383940762
It's pretty obvious it's successful. I don't know why you're responding, either

Anyway, a lot of my friends feel the same way. Almost all of them stopped playing competitive, which is great, but unfortunately not all
>>
>>383940798
Roadhog and McCree are still plenty pickable. Hanzo's scatter arrow isn't nearly as offensive as you're making it out to be. Symmetra is strong if you play her game - that's why you don't play her game. You can beat her, easily, if you don't cooperate with her.

You know deep down that these are all truths. Clean yourself of the memes and I'm sure you'll agree. All heroes are viable in the right situations. Sure, some might have high winrates, but is that truly the end-all be-all measurement of balance? There are plenty of reasons why win rate shouldn't be the sole deciding factor of balance.
>>
>>383940953
>The only difference is weighted values instead of absolute
That's a very convenient say of saying "I was completely wrong". "The only difference is that I was wrong instead of right and contradicted myself later"
How the fuck are weighted values not relevant? When I pick Symmetra first point and then switch off or only pick her at the last point, then how come that I win 60% of my games with her? If Symmetra was really underpowered as you say wouldn't it have a negative effect and result in a <50% winrate? How come people who switch to Symmetra even for just 1 point win 60% of their games rather than 50%?
>>
>>383937381
Lol no. Are you stupid?
>>
>>383931604
Don't talk about "balance" issues unless you've seen the brain trust at Arena Net does for GW2's balance...
>>
>>383941449
>all of 4 viable heroes in 11 years of balancing

Fuck off Pcbro, go play some dotard.
>>
>>383941531
>Console Faggots
Oh now I understand this bread. Have fun with your peasant system.
>>
>>383941268
the issue isnt that they're still viable, its that blizzard seems to think some heroes should be changed radically base on few or little imput, while others have little to no changes
also i don't care about winrates, competitive shit means nothing to me, i just want to play a game without having to worry about being stuck with shitters that pick easy mode heros.
symmetra is easy to pick off but the issue is that she can melt a teammate then catch another off guard and due to her damage ramp-up, destroy them in a incredibly unfair timeframe, and her railroad spike of a hitbox doesn't help. i can switch to a hero that counters her but usually thats the only thing i can do and it just makes me worthless to the rest of the team.
>>
>>383941531
>Scout
>Soldier
>Demo
>Sniper
>Medic
>Heavy
>Engineer
All perfectly balanced, all viable
KYS blizzdrone
>>
>>383931604
if blizzard could design maps for shit this game could actually be good
>>
>>383941374
If a player picks Symmetra for the first point and wins then they're credited with the entire win. If they pick Symmetra, lose the first point, switch off, and lose the game, then Symmetra is credited for less than an entire loss. If Symmetra isn't picked at all then she's not credited for a win or loss even though the reason why she's not picked at all is because she's underpowered. Symmetra having a high winrate and very low pickrate is not an indication that she's OP, it's an indication that she's only useful in specific situational cases and underpowered in every other case.

How do you not understand how this works?
>>
>>383941756
Hero switching has always been an important part of the game. If you are unwilling to do that, it isn't a failing of the game. They told you upfront that hero switching is the way to play. You are the one refusing to adapt to the situation, and it is costing you games.
>>
>>383941675
God it filters val vedrone into "Pcbro". Anyway, fuck off valve fa.nboy. Go eat some more of Gabe's shit

>>383941762
>Sniper is useful
>heavy is useful
>engineer is useful

Come on, give me some delusion gabedrone. Tell me, are spy and pyro not pretty much perfectly balanced too?
>>
>>383935324
You are aware that Overwatch was made for people with no FPS skill right?
>>
>>383941959
>Sniper isn't useful
Found the literal mouthbreather
In the right hands it's literally the most powerful class in the game
Heavy/Engineer are good picks for holding points
Why do you insist on talking about games you know fuck all about?
>>
>>383941914
the issue is in most instances im the only fucking support, most games people lock in their own mains and im stuck either being a support and watching the team do nothing about the tech support or whatever other fag is running around behind us
maybe its just because i feel bad when i pick what i want to and actually try enjoy doing something then loosing immediately but i can't switch off when im trying to help my team
>>
>>383934064
If you are old enough to have played the classics then you can see why Overwatch is a bad game.
>>
>>383942175
Yeah I surely see sniper in 6v6 all the time and he sure does great against those soldiers rocket jumping at him lmao

TF2 is a soldier demo scout medic game, stop deluding yourself any time when you are ready.

>Why do you insist on talking about games you know fuck all about?

I ask you, why do you talk about OW which you obviously haven't ever played?
>>
>>383935176
junkrat should be nerfed too if pharah gets bopped
>>
>>383942219
>implying tf2 is a "classic"
>>
>>383942574

The hell are you talking about? Sniper is the #1 off-class in 6s. His purpose is to get a pick and he does it well. The only real balancing failure for tf2 is pyro
>>
>>383932345
im pretty sure they actually focus on competitive levels for balancing. thats why sym is so "OP" bc pro players can handle her
>>
>>383937042
Can you give me a better comp right now that isn't weak to dive

As soon as you see that ape, that korean girl and that stupid cockney hoe with her dweeb boyfriend. It's over
>>
>>383942219
Im talking games like Quake, UT, BF1942 and CS you fucking moron.
>>
>>383935324
>They won't buff him to make him "ok" in all tiers

They will because that is exactly Blizzards stated mindset when it comes to balance. They don't balance based on what the pros do, they balance for all levels, so when the bronze and silvers complain about Roadhog's hook and combo, or literally any type of animation cancel, whether it's genji's combos, or widowmaker quick scoping. Because bronze and silver players couldn't figure out how to do even the most basic of cancels, they patched it out, and this speaks to how much they really care about 'skilled' play in determining balance.
>>
File: tumblr_o84hn2QUog1rhi5e7o3_250.jpg (10KB, 236x229px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o84hn2QUog1rhi5e7o3_250.jpg
10KB, 236x229px
>>383942810
>mfw Pharah and Mercy get nerfs so that hack of a combo won't carry players to Masters anymore
>>
>>383942574
I have played OW and you're fucking delusional if you think it's more balanced than TF2, when half the characters are useless.
>Yeah I surely see Sniper in 6v6
It's picked oftenly there, yes. Obviously you have to know how to aim, which clearly isn't your case.
>>
>>383942989
Sym
Torb
Winston
Ana
Mei
Zen

t. GM

Mei and Junkrat have a thing going on if you work well with one.

Usually we wall off half the team and Sym/Junk them before the other half climb over wall.

It works well. Won 9 games lost 3 last night.
>>
>>383942986
>im pretty sure they actually focus on competitive levels for balancing.

Which is why the nerfed Roadhog despite him never being above mid-tier, especially with this latest patch, when he literally was D tier when they decided to do it?

Roadhog hadn't been seen at the pro level consistently in weeks, maybe even a month by the time they put it in the PTR, and even at the height of the tank meta, he was the lowest priority tank outside of Winston.
>>
>>383931604
I jerk off to D.Va literally every day
>>
>>383943294
>when half the characters are useless.

Almost every character in OW is more useful than pyro heavy spy and engi in 6v6

I have played both games for over 500 hours at least and you have no fucking idea about OW, you played it for an hour at the free weekend, at most.
>>
>>383943371
>Sym
>Torb
>Winston
>Ana
>Mei
>Zen

A pro dive team would literally murder that team so bad the actual players would die in their seats.
>>
File: 1.jpg (331KB, 1247x811px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
331KB, 1247x811px
all of the defense heroes are fucking trash and when they get picked in competitive i rage
>>
the problem is all the maps in the same mode play the fucking same, so there's no incentive to pick different heroes based on map, except for the odd boop
>>
File: 1499748988352.jpg (18KB, 434x425px) Image search: [Google]
1499748988352.jpg
18KB, 434x425px
>implying mobas can be fun enough to play for more than a month or competitively
>>
File: 1kbrJ8GC22K.png (1MB, 3000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1kbrJ8GC22K.png
1MB, 3000x1400px
>>383943505
>500 hours
Wow such an authority
You have no idea about what you're talking about. Neck yourself soon.
>pic fucking related
>>
File: 1.jpg (151KB, 967x724px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
151KB, 967x724px
>>383943641
>my face when someone like you asks me to get off mei before the match even starts
>>
>>383944078
Mei is the only defense hero I don't rage about desu. She's not that bad.

Widowmaker, hanzo, torb, and bastion can all fuck off though. Especially widowmaker.
>>
I hate Overwatch for its toxic fucking community and how shit the game is to me at least.
It's annoying to see pathetic people who can only "main" a certain character but have no diversity and become useless when a situation needing another hero. I see the competitive scene as trash since it's just the meta and cancerous people constantly yelling at you. I wish you could balance this game but I should've known the whole "adding characters as we update this" meaning this game will be unbalanced until it's finished.
I don't have to say anymore since some people here already nailed why Overwatch is bad.
>>
>>383943371
>t. GM

On console, right?
>>
>>383943969
>eleague qualifiers

Do you realise 99.99% of the community doesn't play in the pro meta and that for the majority of players all characters are viable?
>>
Balance won't fix the trash maps and dull mechanics. Unless they rebuild the whole game from the ground up it will always be shit.
>>
>>383944183
there are torb, hanzo and widow mains all in the top 500

they're rarer but the heroes CAN survive at the top. most people just dont give them a chance
>>
>>383943969
>>500 hours
>Wow such an authority

Okay, how many hours do you have in OW?
>>
You cant have balance in a game that wants a pro scene.

Balance = no meta
>>
>>383944456
>all characters are viable against shitters
No fucking shit, so are TF2 classes
That's not the argument
>>
>>383944305
>be mercy main because waifu
>know every character and can fill other roles and switch to counter constantly

>play comp
>my team is mercy, torb, symm, bastion, orisa, reaper
>well WE LOSE
>enemy team sits in spawn and yells at each other in all chat for the full duration of the round
>we win
>"SEE TORB etc WAS A GOOD CHOICE!!!!"
I want them all to die.
>>
I quit playing Overwatch months ago. All I ever found was whiny faggots who would scream "muh meta" whenever you chose a hero they didn't like.
>>
>>383944456
>that for the majority of players all characters are viable?

Mostly because people are trash.

Like, yeah, junkrat and bastion are viable if you and everyone you're playing with is shit. Fuck, anything can be viable if you think a <100 SR bronze player roleplaying Junk and Mei fucking suddenly means both are viable because they have enough working brain cells to click the portrait.
>>
>>383944579
just because god tier players can make due with low tier characters doesnt change diddly squat

im sure m2k in melee could beat 99% of players with bowser it doesnt mean shit
>>
>>383942965
As a pyro main, this
>>
do you stupid fucktards even understand that no game can possibly be "balanced" at every skill level ? it's not possible under any circumstances unless you homogenize all sides to the point where it's one pawn against one pawn. This constant bitching as if anybody in the world care if you won or lost a round in some baby game ? as if you wouldn't still lose even when playing the most meta path ? come the fuck on, take the loss and shut the fuck up
>>
>>383935612
tekken
>>
>>383941959
>he thinks all 3 of those classes are useless
>no mention of pyro

found the retard
>>
>>383942965
spy is pretty shit imo

back in 2008 you could actually trick people as spy, now everybody knows what to look out for
>>
>instalocks genji
>pick 2nd healer or i troll
This is extremely frustrating and I don't know how to deal with these people.
>>
>>383945035
>tf2 fags have zero reading comprehension

Figures. Go be some more salty about how Overwatch killed your shit game lmao.
>>
>>383944659
you have my sympathy
>>
>>383944585
Can you imagine how beautiful that'd actually be to have a cancer comp by today's standards in a pro match

Now THAT I would watch
>>
>>383944581
800~
>>
>>383945065

spy is shit because every team has 3 spies which fucks up its whole sneak aspect. Spy was never meant to be played 24/7. It's supposed to get 1/2 priority kills or break up a sentry nest, die, and then switch to something more useful
>>
>>383945159
You let them troll lmao don't let some child over the internet control you because you didnt pick what they wanted

Mute chat after that and go hard
>>
>>383945302
This is a good point, spy "mains" killed the concept of the class
>>
>remove ultimates so that you actually have to aim to get good instead of press a key to win

>add a bunch more maps and gamemodes, the maps can be made faster by re-using models from previous maps, or by letting to community get in the action

>Remove all this microtransaction shit from this FULLY PRICED GAME, or at least make it so you just can't get dupes from lootboxes.

Suddenly, the game would be decent.
>>
>>383945290
Sure, post your profile then. I am waiting.
>>
>>383945456
That's besides the point. You made literally zero valid arguments.
>>
>>383932345
They should balance around silver and bronze, you know, the actual game almost everyone is playing, not some small meta-club of competitive players.
>>
File: 1452992714037.png (102KB, 206x201px) Image search: [Google]
1452992714037.png
102KB, 206x201px
>>383945640

>they should balance around people bad at the game

never design a game
>>
>>383945640

If that's the case, why bother even balancing when no one at those tiers even knows what's going on, or why it happens.

At that point, just fucking make it where no one has to aim, or just make it an expensive second life or something.
>>
Buff the defensive heros and give Hanzo double jump. His op brother can do that but he cant? ya fuck that
>>
>>383945640
>They should balance around silver and bronze, you know, the actual game almost everyone is playing

I suppose the NFL and NBA should write up their rules based on what the peewee leagues are doing.
>>
The problem lies in its foundations.

You could be the best mccree/widow player in the world, but that wont do shit against a 2000hp rein shield with some shitter soldier standing behind it, he will kill you.

Not only that, but because the game is ao easy to pick up, everyone thinks theyre the best player in the world, if someone even dares criticize another player, their ego goes through the fucking roof.

Played at high master in season 2-3, now im just in plat because of the same shit happening every game, its getting tiresome, and even their paid youtube shills are starting to call out how garbage their ranked mode is.
>>
>>383945640
agreed. the game will continue to be shit until this is done.
>>
>>383945613
Oh well guess I have 34289234 hours in tf2 then and you are wrong :^)

Really, it's funny that a game that is so casual it didn't even fucking have a mmr for over a decade and just matched randoms together to fuck around mindlessly now has so many angry fans now who bash OW for no other reason than jealousy. It's hilarious.
>>
>>383935612
cs:go
>>
>>383946464
>not having matchmaking makes a game casual
I guess Quake is a casual fest
I hope you realize the only reason OW is popular is because it's casual
>>
>>383931604
If you want balance, go play an arena shooter.
>>
>>383946159
>tfw diamond in last season
>got placed in silver this season cause everyone threw my placement games
>15 games in as rein and barely plat now
>75% winrate but cant make brainless retard teammates understand basic team composition like at least 1 FUCKING HEALER AND 1 TANK
>"shutup rein we are on DEFENSE so we ARE DEFENSE CHARACTERS! Do you even know how to play? Go watch twitch and learn."
>>
File: 1493834643082.jpg (200KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
1493834643082.jpg
200KB, 1024x765px
>moba
>good
>>
>>383946749
That's not an argument. Tekken 7 has various different characters and it's perfectly balanced
>>
I don't think so. The movement and gunplay feel fundamentally dissatisfying and changing balance won't change that.

I'll just stick with TF2 and Paladins.
>>
>>383947192
>Paladins
Why would you play a literal shitty OW knockoff?
>>
File: 1495673653430.jpg (86KB, 548x644px) Image search: [Google]
1495673653430.jpg
86KB, 548x644px
>>383946827

>Playing comp without a friends or team while communicating over Skype
>>
>>383947430
more satisfying gameplay.
>>
>>383947594
Nice buzzword
>>
>>383947936
all of it is ultimately subjective
>>
>>383947549
My friends who play mobas and my friends who play fps have all quit competitve video games since they are all trash.

They lose their fucking minds from being plat players in tf2 years back or global elites and playing with people in overwatch and games in general who are trying to use a shotgun vs a flying character.

ive never heard so much fucking screaming in my life.
so I just have to play by myself or not at all.
>>
File: IMG_3896.jpg (751KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3896.jpg
751KB, 750x1334px
>>383947549
this except in my situation my friends got torn apart because of this self pitying faggot.
I learned to stick with the games that aren't mobas.
>>
>>383948061
I tried Paladins and it honestly didn't do anything for me, I'd rather play OW
TF2 is the best though
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-14-16-35-50.png (214KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-14-16-35-50.png
214KB, 1440x2560px
Overwatch was a mistake
>>
>>383947430
To be a contrarian faggot on /v/. No other reason, really.
>>
>>383931604

Nah, it would still be a shitty, shallow game. Blizzdrones just sucked its dick to the point that it tricked the normies who have no taste to buy the game.

Literally the biggest meme game of 2016.
>>
>>383948890
the only good thing to come out is the porn then again we have real porn
>>
File: DA6ar6JXoAAXCQR.jpg (28KB, 456x444px) Image search: [Google]
DA6ar6JXoAAXCQR.jpg
28KB, 456x444px
It wouldn't be good because they managed to make the level system generic as shit, so its hard to improve unless you're obsessive.
I'm guessing most of their money comes from the people who come back for events, so why they balance it for the constant mofos I don't know.
The only fin I've had recently is gamemodes with 200% powers etc.
>>
File: suffering.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>fan TF2 competitive has a 2 class maximum
>actual in-game competitive does not
>this means every competitive game is 3 demomen and 3 medics
>>
>>383949280
>every competitive game is 6 demomen

Fixed
>>
>>383949280
So what? Just go scout
>>
>>383931604
Why don't people just get good?
>>
File: mercyshootingstuff.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mercyshootingstuff.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>383949051
>>383951138
>>383951087

Are you jealous white boys? Why are you mad lol? Also this:

Black guys
>Larger dicks
>Fun to be around
>Interesting conversation anytime you want
>Nicely dressed and groomed
>Crack jokes all the time
>Will take you places
>Broad social spectrum
>Know interesting people you will be introduced to
>Behave like real men
>Smile on their faces most of the time
>Can dance and cook
>Chills in the school

White guys
>Tiny dicks
>Socially awkward
>Quiet
>Inhibited socially
>Boring
>Prefer to stay home
>Hate to dance
>Sad faces
>Angsty
>Creepy
>Often have either anger or anxiety issues
>Shoots up the school
>>
>>383946159

Best McCree in the world wouldn't 2x1 a rein/soldier. Overwatch is great because aim is not everything, positioning and strategy plays a bigger role.
>>
File: 1495389237900.png (207KB, 351x317px) Image search: [Google]
1495389237900.png
207KB, 351x317px
>>383952818
>Implying I'm not a white boy with a black bf
Why would I be jealous? it's wonderful
>>
File: 1500045751531.jpg (214KB, 345x336px) Image search: [Google]
1500045751531.jpg
214KB, 345x336px
>>383931604

>large hitboxes
>lame movement
>few movement skills with high cooldowns
>auto aim, wallhack and large radius aoe skills
>bad sound, guns be like pew pew pfffffrt

n-not sure OP
>>
File: bixnood4.jpg (95KB, 399x443px) Image search: [Google]
bixnood4.jpg
95KB, 399x443px
>>383952818
Black guys: pic related
>>
>>383952818
Why would someone waste time of their lives typing this?
>>
Overwatch is too cucky.
>>
>>383952818
but anon my bf is white and has a huge dick and I am his pocket healer plus hes not black
>>
>>383953343
>loud footstep noises
>telegraphed as fuck audio cues with long charge times
>>
>Remove healing from the game completely and nerf shield by a lot
>Stop designing every payload and capture maps with chokepoints in mind, this combinded with the ridiculous strong healing/shields just makes the game into a big stalemate where none actually dies
>removes ulties from the game
>remove gambling lootboxes
>>
>>383953343
t. played the beta
Hitboxes were fixed a long time ago
>>
>>383956081
complete and utter lies you bastard

SEE HANZO'S FUCKING ARROW STILL GOING AROUND PEOPLES HEAD JUST TO SNAP BACK BECAUSE HEADSHOT
>>
>>383943969
>2016
>>
>>383956347
Literally does not happen
Sounds like you're having latency issues, that's on your end
>>
no matter what you a meta is going to emerge and the fix to it is going to be made on the advise of retards in the forums and the game at its core kinda suck.
>>
>>383956565
i miss when games didn't have metas, like quake team fortress and unreal tournament. you use everything, all weapons are viable, none are overpowered.
>>
>>383952818
>toeless boots
>blizzard literally went the extra mile to detail model nigger feet

I'm still fucking mad
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.