[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

What do you think of the Steam Controller? Is this THE controller for PC gaming?
>>
Does this actually work on MGSV and GTA5 yet?
>>
No right analog stick and small buttons makes it absolute garbage for most games. The tabs on the back are pretty awesome though. I only use it for rocket league where its pretty good.
>>
/v/ is full of retarded kids who get their opinions from youtubers and come out of the woodwork and try to be oh so fanny shitposting it.

The dust will never not be settled on this board. /v/ is full of people who honestly think that the big 3s modern controllers are the fucking height of controllers and are so autistically finnicky that theyll discard controllers for not having the sticks where they like them. /v/ knows nothing about anything vidya relevant but they know especially little about controllers.

I mean ive seen people argue that the xbone elite is worth the money and that the DS4 can do everything that a steam controller can in these thread. Controller threads are jonestly some of the shittiest threads on /v/ usually and filled with just the dumbest posters.
>>
>>383923838
now that the dust has settled not having a second proper analog stick was engineer ego trip and a huge mistake
>>
my uncle tries to shill this to me but everytime I use his steam controller I want to die
>>
>>383925428
The dust will never be settled*
>>
>>383923838
I just got one, I'm liking it.
>>
>>383923838
Having actually used it two things
1. It is shit for most games you would want to use a consul controller for.
2. After remapping it for Diablo and tourchlight it was fucking great and other looter rpgs it would probably be just as good.
>>
>>383923838
It's awful.
>>
>>383923838
It is a awesome controller, I'm playing FPS because of it, I absolutely hate Mouse and keyboard.

Most games have a Splatoon similar setup, which is great once you "get it".
>>
>>383925428
So... Is it good?
>>
>>383925428
Just check the N64 threads. Most didn't even
know how to hold the fucking controller.
>>
>>383923838
The left side of the controller is very poorly set up for using the joystick comfortably.
>>383924678
The buttons in the back are versatile enough to make up for the face buttons being a bit out of the way so you just put some lesser used function on them.
>>383924678
>>383926009
You also don't really need a right analog stick when you're rocking a trackpad since it excels at camera control. The only exception might be a twinstick game without mouse aiming where the lack of a physical analog stick may be awkward.
>>
It's easily the most comfortable controller, and it's nice for older games or strategy titles to play on the couch.

But honestly i've never gotten used to the right pad's analog stick emulation, so i just don't like it for modern games with dual stick controls.
>>
>>383929309
Have you tried a different setting for the right trackpad? Mouse style trackpad is likely a bit better.
>>
>>383923838
Well, the dust has settled on my controller, so...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.