[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>RE4 gets banned in Germany and Australia for being too gory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

>RE4 gets banned in Germany and Australia for being too gory
>So the devs remove gore from every future RE game and say it's because they want to avoid restrictions
>But games like dead space and the evil within still have fuckton of gore, much more than RE4, and they don't get banned anywhere and devs still make them.

Why? Why did the censor boards treat RE differently?
>>
>>383923041
The devs are at fault for being pussies.

(((Germans))) are faggots, everybody knows this. I don't understand why Australia bans this shit because those guys are crazy as fuck, tho.
>>
>>383923041
The devs are just stupid and don't want to fight German censorship in court because they're afraid and because the suits just flat out want a lower rating since lower rating equals more sales in soccer mom countries like Canada and America and that's statistically proven fact.
>>
File: 1368743849288.jpg (28KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
1368743849288.jpg
28KB, 429x399px
>>383923041
is almost like their criteria is completely subjective and random and not based on any evidence at all ... or something
>>
File: hooray for Germanay.jpg (13KB, 631x59px) Image search: [Google]
hooray for Germanay.jpg
13KB, 631x59px
To be fair, nowadays we get pretty much every day uncensored.
Buying older games on Steam is a bitch, tho.
>>
>>383923823
<buying games
>>
>>383923823
>Buying older games on Steam is a bitch, tho.
Also some of the new ones, Wolfenstein being the prime example; Austrians and the Swiss can only play the German "low violence, no propaganda, no English" version of the game, but you can also buy the normal one, in retail.

Fuck Bethesda.
>>
>>383923570
RE games always get an M rating though.

>>383923823
>>383924319

I'm not even kidding here: I've been seriously considering on moving to Germany, have everything set up for it and I could easily get a job before even getting there, but this shit right here is one of the main reasons why I'm thinking I shouldn't go. I don't want to play some fucking censored shit, or have to watch censored movies. How bad is it in general? No way of getting uncensored stuff?
>>
>>383924319
>Fuck Bethesda.
Zenimax are jews in general, they fucked over EVERYONE in Eastern Europe by suddenly changing New Vegas and Dishonored 1 in everyone's library who lives in Czech, Hungary or Poland to fucking RUSSIAN version permanently because Zenimax is still under impression that Soviet Union never fall and we're all Russian.
Fuck Zenimax, never giving them a single fucking penny ever again even if they make the best game under the fucking sun.
>>
>>383923041
it's older and they were more "conservative" back then.
>>
>>383925012

RE5 was newer than dead space, RE6 came out in 2011 (or 2012, don't remember). This is not a "back then" issue
>>
>>383924712
Yea totally ignore how Germany is a nanny state and has pussy whipped people in general

If you wanna turn a blind eye to that but then bitch about game gore not allowed I'm really surprised
>>
>>383924712
They crack down pretty hard on piracy now too so enjoy getting fucked on import copies.
>>
>>383923041
Op is an idiot and doesn't know shit
Only the mercenaries Mode was banned in Germany .. the Gore was untouched. ..nowadays we get dead rising, Gears of war, Duty calls Uncut in Germany because No one gives a shit anymore
Mercs was banned because you get points for killing, but in re5 and re6 mercs was uncut in germany

Only the Japanese Version of RE4 had the Gore toned down and the ballistics of Ashley censored
>>
>>383923769
much like the holocaust
>>
>>383926306

The censoring thing comes from the fact it's a nanny state.

>>383926373

Really? Can't just ask copies from the US and have them imported? How does that count as piracy?

Also I have several german friends living in germany and they all thell me they pirate shit like there's no tomorrow.
>>
File: 1498714279649.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
1498714279649.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>383923041
>Banned in Australia

Stop making shit up, that never happened at all for Australia.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.