[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New 3DS discontinued in EU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: DEs8sAlUIAAFfyK[1].jpg (40KB, 1200x784px) Image search: [Google]
DEs8sAlUIAAFfyK[1].jpg
40KB, 1200x784px
https://ninmobilenews.com/news/2017/07/14/new-nintendo-3ds-discontinued-europe/

Follows yesterday's reports that it was being discontinued in JP too. In case you're under a rock, this now means:

>Discontinued: OG 3DS, 3DSXL, N3DS

>Still in production: 2DS, N2DSXL N3DSXL

I'm still stuck with an OG from launch. No big loss. Other than not being able to play sloppier versions of musoushit and Xenoblade Chronicles.
>>
File: 1499133171039.png (185KB, 404x377px) Image search: [Google]
1499133171039.png
185KB, 404x377px
No point of it being discontinued since I can't even find one anywhere in the first place
>>
I know in Japan the regular sized N3DS only made up 5% of 3DS sales, but what about in Europe?
>>
Ew gross. The only thing worse than 240p is upscaled 240p.
>>
>>383908638
>only 5% of 3DS sales
Christ, I guess the face plates flopped
>>
>release XL alongside the mini
what where they thinking?

this is why there won't be a switch mini
>>
>>383908873
I thought the regular N3DS was the preferred version unless you had enormous hands.
>>
Did you Europe even get an official release of the N3DS standalone? Or was it always part of a specific bundle, like the Animal Crossing Home Designer N3DS and the Black Friday N3DS bundle like in the US?
>>
>>383908973
The normal n3DS is pretty much perfect. It's a little bit bigger than the standard one, but not overly so. It also has faceplates.
>>
>>383908781
They only had the ones they released at launch and then the a couple after that came with games. I'm sure there are a bunch of Japanese ones but in Europe only about 10 where releassed.

I got the wooden Mario ones and called it quits, no point finding others.
>>
>>383909047
>Did you Europe even get an official release of the N3DS standalone?
Europe got it standard, only US had to rely on random limited edition bundles, and only because they thought Americans were far too stupid and already confused as is by all the revisions that had the name "DS" and "new" in it. Kind of like the Wii and Wii U.

>Mom can you take me to buy a new 3DS
>Ok lets buy you a "new" 3DS
>hey this is the original 3DS, I said NEW 3DS!
>But it's not used, it's new!
>>
Nobody wanted it.
You only want it because you weren't allowed to have it.
>>
>>383909190
Well because of other peoples stupidity i ended up getting a $100 N3DS and N3DSXL, so i cant complain.
>>
>SNES mini was discontinued for this shit

This is why I emulate
>>
>>383909264
>$99 on Black Friday

Anyone that did want it had no excuse.
>>
>>383909047
>Did you Europe even get an official release of the N3DS standalone?
yes
>>
>>383909317
wut?
>>
File: 1390874651573.jpg (4KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
1390874651573.jpg
4KB, 246x205px
Ill never not be angry about the fact that only the Xl came to America. I bought it then because my 3DS was broken and I needed another. And THEN a month later or some shit they announce the New 3DS standard for the west because Reggie and Shibata wanted to hook them some Nintendo whales that'd buy both.

I also have barely gotten any use out of my 3DS since the New 3DS models. It's like all the types of games I enjoyed on the thing dried up and gave way to 100% JRPGs. At least I didn't buy a new out of necessity and not looking for exclusives at least. And still had some games from before the New I wanted to pick up for the console. But shit my New 3DS has gotten a tiny fraction of use compared to my Original or my XL.
>>
>>383909572
boo hoo.
Nintendo of America has always been a shit cancer.
>>
That stinks. But I one and got the neato Hanafuda plates with the OG Nintendo symbol on the back so really, I don't know what else I'd want
>>
>>383909528
*NES mini

My bad
>>
File: 1392443073993.jpg (5KB, 96x125px) Image search: [Google]
1392443073993.jpg
5KB, 96x125px
>>383909641
>Nintendo has literaly devolved to the point of trying to hook whales like a shitty mobile developer
>A bloo bloo bloo stop talking bad about my company of choice
>>
>>383908474
>Other than not being able to play sloppier versions of musoushit and Xenoblade Chronicles.
>He thinks that's all you can do with it
>Doesn't understand that with a hacked system the N3DS is incredibly superior just from Clock + L2 and the fact you can natively stream without a capture card.
>>
why does nintendo have such a giant erection for the XL?

I don't like the retard huge 3DS that barely fits in my pocket with the shitty resolution blown up.
>>
>>383910279
oh man i dont get to be an eceleb how awful
>>
>>383910375
You also don't get better framerates and stable framerates either. Or proper SNES emulation. Or a native c-stick for the handful of games that support it and Amiibo support as well.
>>
>>383910478
I don't really care desu.
>>
>>383910478
>Or a native c-stick for the handful of games that support it
Dont forget that it detects as a circle pad pro for games Pre N3DS
>>
>>383908558
>the shortage meme
Go blame the shitty scalpers that sell to other countries for profit
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>383909047
Yup, got it shortly after release together with MH4U. I didn't like how "slimy" the N3DS XL felt in my hands so I went for the smaller one. It's probably the coolest Nintendo handheld I've ever owned.
>>
new 2DSXL is the definitive version of the 3DS.
>>
>>383911892

I wish I had the black n3DS ;_;

I mean, I'm happy I have the white one, but it's just not the same.
>>
>OG 3DS XL
>Nice matte finish, no paint peeling off the edges.

>N3DS XL
>Ugly gloosy paint wich also peeled off after lots of use

What should i do? the paint at the edges have been peeled off, and its looking ugly as sin
>>
>>383909190
>MOM IT'S GOT TWO NEW BUTTONS ON IT

I hate nintendo now
>>
>>383910718
Should we be punishing scalpers? Or the stores that allow it?

I'm genuinely torn. I mean scalpers are scumbags, but so are stores that don't set buy limits so that customers can all get a fair shake at getting the product.
>>
>>383910159
This is true. Nintendo connects with a different type of whale, but yes whales nonetheless. It's pretty indefensible at this point. Hell they even went mobile tier, too. So I guess that makes them even worse because they support scalpers and mobile whales. Damn, how far the mighty have fallen.
>>
>>383910279
How is the input lag though? With a capture card it's direct connection. I don't see point in going wireless if it means that they input latency is completely shit.
>>
discontinue them all and move all production to switch and all games to switch
>>
>>383914795
Are you planning on playing it with the screen instead of the handheld or something? Because that's not an option, all it does is basically send footage to a client on your computer wholly dependent on your internet connection.
>>
>>383913728
The small N3DS has a matte finish, which is one of the reasons I picked it over the XL
>>
>>383915020
UWP has xinput support. What's the point if it doesn't play good through a screen?
>>
How many 3DS's does everyone here own, and which ones? I have a Pikachu 3DS XL and a black standard New 3DS
>>
>>383915375
>What's the point if it doesn't play good through a screen?
Recording your gameplay and/or streaming it online without spending $150-200.
>>
>>383915756
Most of us don't care about being an e-celeb. We want solid TV play, low input latency and controller support. Basically what 3DS should have offered in the form of a "3DS TV" peripheral or something to begin with.
>>
>>383915727
White classic 3DS XL (with CFW) and black N3DS. Kind of glad I decided to keep the latter clean after just barely avoiding the recent ban wave.
>>
File: IMG_1423.jpg (992KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1423.jpg
992KB, 2592x1936px
>tfw when you have a limited edition golden triforce 3DS

Smugsmugsmugsmugsmug
>>
>>383916041
>Most of us don't care about being an e-celeb.
Hence the "recording your gameplay" part. That does mean you can simply make webms you know.
>>
been thinking of getting a 3ds for a while now. can you put CFW even on a brand new one?
>>
What should be my third Nintendo console? the first two being NES mini and SNES mini (preorder) I'm hesitating between 3DSXL and Wii.
>>
>>383908474
OG 3DS got discontinued?
>>
The 3DS is for faggots anyway.
>>
>>383916948
Shortly after 2DS hit the market IIRC
>>
>>383908474
4ds is coming
it lets you post into the past
cap this
t. tor
>>
>>383916683
Depends on what kind of firmware it ships with. Safe to say you probably wont be able to hack a 2DS XL for a while.
>>
>>383916386
I have that and you should really get a clear cover for it.
>>
>>383916785
Wii or wii u if you have friends, otherwise any handheld
>>
>>383917991
3DS it is
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.