[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KOJIMA is sure busy these days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

File: busy_fired_by_konami.jpg (70KB, 519x501px) Image search: [Google]
busy_fired_by_konami.jpg
70KB, 519x501px
>>
>>383892181
friendly reminder that death stranding is a soft reboot of the metal gear franchise
>>
File: 1498655702361.png (47KB, 247x292px) Image search: [Google]
1498655702361.png
47KB, 247x292px
>>383892231
How cute, this ones going on the fridge!

No, but seriously, I hate the Metal Gear franchise. Its an awful mess both story wise and gameplay wise. I sincerely hope that Death Stranding lets Kojima spread his wings in the right direction.
>>
>>383892181

Sony is sweating bullets, first they fucked up marketing for No man sky and now they took in the biggest money burner Kojima.

>hiring expensive actors
>using expensive music composers
>probably going to use licensed music as well
>$2000-5000 flights to the US and europe
>>
>>383892181
as busy as all the other people posting about their breaks instead of their work.
>>
>Vive
I thought Kojimbo was being paid to be a Sony shill.
>>
>>383892474
Kojima always delivered
>>
>>383892313
>expecting something you like out of the creator of something you hate
????
>>
>>383892494
>>383892181
Are you guys actually shitting on the man for taking a break?

Are you cucked minimum wage workers that only get one 15m break a day or something?
>>
>>383893552

>take a break

he lives in his office and has never been home in years. His wife is probably fucking black nigerians.
>>
>>383892181
why do you niggers keep giving this hack fuck attention? he hasn't made anything good since MGS1 and its clear that his work would be laughed at on fanfiction.net if he didn't con people into making it a game.
>>
>>383893405
>kojima delivered
okay cuck whatever you say
>>
>>383893486
yes, are you autistic?
>>
File: oh shi im sorry.jpg (395KB, 884x1998px) Image search: [Google]
oh shi im sorry.jpg
395KB, 884x1998px
>>383892882
I thought Kojimbo was being paid to be a Sony shill
>>
>>383893642
All the more reason to take breaks
>>
>>383893486
He never said he didn't like zone of the enders
>>
>>383893405
>Kojima always delivered

MGS4 wasn't much good and MGS5 was unfinished
>>
>>383893817
Great argument

Continue expecting Salvador Dali to paint something normal and understandable, I guess.
>>
>>383893912
>MGS4 wasn't much good

I disagree.
>>
>>383893720
Name one game by him that didn't make profit.
>>
>>383893720
Triggered yet? Screech more autist and you'll get a smiley face for today
>>
>>383893912
MGSV was unfinished because Konami fucked him and made him stop working on the game.
>>
>>383893931
>food analogy
>>
>>383892181
Kojima is just an old hack now.
Watch Death Stranding become a huge letdown.
>>
>>383893956
you're an idiot
>>
>>383892181
what a fucker
if i was shawn layden i would of pulled up to his china office and piledrived his gook ass into the floor below
>>
>>383892181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nNevy8K618
Kojima is a gift to this world
>>
>>383894063
Wow, another brilliant argument!

Great thread guys
>>
>>383894001
MGSV was unfinished because Kojima has unrealistic and oftentimes impossible goals or ideas and has such a cult of personality that very few people are willing to tell him so. MGSV would have been incomprehensible garbage if he was given free reign, and Death Standing will be more of a moviegame than Uncharted, I guarantee it. I will be shocked if the ratio of cutscene to "gameplay" is less than 4:1
>>
>>383894184
>muh headcannon!

Ok dude, great work.
Fact is, all the official and online accounts of what happened say that development was going fine, and then Konami stuck Kojima in the box of shame where you're not allowed to do any work every day until he was forced to quit. This happened before development completed.
>>
>the original hack who takes credit for everything now has full "creative" freedom
this always worked out so good
(remember the creator of megaman?)
>>
>>383894153
thanks
>>
>>383893956
The Johnny + Meryl romantic subplot was, to me, the absolute low point of the Metal Gear franchise.
>>
>>383894301
Nice shilling dude.
If you actually look up you can find a lot of stuff about Kojima being a total hack and being unbearable idealist about this game. He would go as far as scrap it whole few times if Konami didn't force him to finally release it.
>>
>>383894301
fact is cut content =/= unfinished
>>
>>383894397
>if you disagree with me you're a shill!!!
>>
FAHKING KOJIMA, MAN
>>
>>383893405
>Kojima delivers
>MGS3 is slowed down to the point of just being poor mans SC
>MGS4 is garbage
>PW is garbage
>MGSV is garbage
Gee I wonder what Death Stranding will be?
>>
>>383894301
>muh headcannon!
It's not headcanon when there are multiple examples. Kojima paid for hundreds of songs that he never had any intention of using. Kojima originally wanted The End fight to take days in real time. Kojima actually put in a several hour long cutscene in more than one game. Kojima has said on record that he wants to be a movie director and settled for making games when he couldn't break into the industry.

And you think that giving him free reign to do whatever he wants is a good idea and will result in a good game?
>>
>>383893967
boktai 2, probably. they only made a few thousand copies of it.
>>
>>383894001
>Konami fucked Kojima
When will you fucking dicksuckers realize Kojima is a retard who cost Konami tens of millions and irreperably damaged a bunch of their brands when he was VP of the Konami.
>>
>>383893642
fucking NTR man, shit made a mess in my taste no i want to see his wife being fucking while kojima watch from the other side
>>
>>383892474
He has one music composer, and he's not super famous. He's the same guy that did the music for GZ/TPP
>>
>>383892181
He's a game director, his job is literally to be an ideas guy.
He says how the game has to be, that's it.
The rest of the work is done by the other hundreds of code monkeys they have.
>>
>>383892181
>Not using PSVR
>He realized PC is the superior platform
>>
>>383895080
Yes, and his ideas are almost always either universally shit or stolen.
>>
>>383892474
>Sony is sweating bullets
No, they are not.
Sony is the one who spent 250 million in that Ghostbusters flop.
You think a single videogame can affect the ongoing of a company that has the entire videogame industry on it's pocket, a movie division, a finances division and a smartphone division?

Not to mention that, like MGSV, Death Stranding will back it's budget twice on launch day alone.

>hiring expensive actors
>probably going to use licensed music as well
>$2000-5000 flights to the US and europe
Source on the numbers?
And source on what makes you think would make Sony care about them?
They have Hideo Kojima making an exclusive game, they have the entire MGS audience tied to their console now.
And no, /v/ doesn't represent the majority.
>>
>>383895157
They are also money makers, which is what matters to them.
You think any company gives a shit about the quality of the games they produce?
You are going to pay for them.
>>
>>383892181
You're right, he should work DAY AND NIGHT and have NO free time!
>>
>>383894736
>Kojima is a retard who cost Konami tens of millions
Aside from the fact that MGSV made more than twice it's budget on less than 24 hours, Konami is a company worth 16 billion dollars where videogames are about 6% of it's income, most of which, in the last years, is mostly MGSV.
What makes you think they are mad about that?
It was a massively succesful game that sold a lot.

>damaged a bunch of their brands when he was VP of the Konami.
Anyone aside from Castlevania, which has been dead since it's PSone days?
>>
File: Hideo Kojima.jpg (94KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hideo Kojima.jpg
94KB, 600x400px
The stick is the first tool that mankind created to put distance between himself and bad things – to protect himself.

The second tool mankind created is a rope. A rope is a tool used to secure things that are important to you.

Most of your tools in action games are sticks. You punch or you shoot or you kick. The communication is always through these sticks.

I want people to be connected not through sticks, but through what would be the equivalent of ropes.
>>
File: 1493233631364.jpg (39KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1493233631364.jpg
39KB, 680x510px
>Konami dropped out of vidya due to wanting to focus on Pachinko and phone games
>still literally no phone games out
>their Pachinko revenue has actually gone down in the last years, while their videogame's has gone up due to MGSV
>now desperately want to come back to the videogame industry
>only thing they have is MG Survive, a game that, aside from a bunch of special snowflakes on /v/, everyone laughs at everytime they remember it exists
>>
>>383894469
Not to mention he's arguing on the side of a corporation, lmao

>>383894405
So your view is that the game IS finished then?
>>
>>383895807
define "finished"
>>
>>383895546
>that 12 year old girl hand
listen up, kojimbo. use your stick and your hope to hang yourself.
>>
>>383895659
Survive will use the Fox Engine and a Konami budget, so why are you so quick to dismiss it?
>>
>>383895972
No, you.
>>
>>383896003
Well, then i'm sure it may make back it's $200 budget on it's first month.
>>
>>383895807
>Not to mention he's arguing on the side of a corporation, lmao
Not everything's us vs. them, faggot. I come from /toy/ so I hate Konami more than I hate Kojima. But the blatant worship, the hype of expecting Death Standing is going to be the greatest game ever, the half dozen toy lines before his company has produced anything other than a couple minutes of trailers is sickening. I just don't understand how video game consumers have so little self awareness or foresight. Do these people instantly forget everything that happened more than a few minutes ago? I'm convinced we're about to see another Daikatana, only this time, people love Kojima enough that they'll try and convince themselves that it's Doom instead.
>>
File: Hideo Kojima.jpg (113KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Hideo Kojima.jpg
113KB, 500x333px
>>383895987
Anon, you seem irritated. You have to stop using so much the stick, which you use to distance yourself from things, and using more rope, to keep things – and people – closer to you.
>>
>>383896293
Tl;dr I don't put too much effort into reading obvious shill posts
>>
I'm sorry, I forgot I was on /v/ and thought I'd be able to have an actual discussion for once.
>>
>>383894556
Nice subjective opinions, anon
>>
>>383896608
>shill posts
Have you missed the dozens of threads unironically being MG Survive apologists?
>>
wait where's Hideo? did Kojima kill his own clone in konami's office fire?
>>
>>383894883
Isn't he talking about that story, where composer (or was it singer?) talked about Kojima ordering song after another because he didn't quite like them, and it ended up not that cheap.
>>
>>383895217
>>Sony is sweating bullets
>No, they are not.
yes they are, the entire movie division is a floating only clinging to resident evil movies and underworld movies
their last hail mary is a fucking emoji movie

pc division shut down
mobile division shut down
and smartphone is the next on the cutting line
they have 8 years to live tops before it gets eaten by a larger corp
>>
>>383897370
>the entire movie division is a floating only clinging to resident evil movies and underworld movies
And Spiderman which will probably make close to a billion.

>pc division shut down
No shit, phones are the future.

>smartphone is the next on the cutting line
What?
Their smartphone division has been improving over the past 2 years.

Sony is not going down at any moment, and no, a simple goddamn videogame is not going to do anything to them, mostly because it's going to turn a profit, but also the fact that even if it sold literally zero copies, it would still be meaningless to them.
>>
>And Spiderman which will probably make close to a billion
>two amazing spiders that flopped
>had to sell spidy back to disney cause it kept bleeding money
no (you) this time
>>
File: varg-vikernes.jpg (114KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.jpg
114KB, 762x464px
>>383892313

What a nuanced and woke opinion to share about a franchise you dislike, from a creator who's new game you expect to be good.

Very valuable information to everyone.
Very valuable to yourself, most of all.

Why exactly do spoiler tags even exists when their only used to covertly blogpost about inane shit no one cares about?
What does your singular opinion of Metal Gear, an over decade old franchise, have to do with the now decades later Death Stranding.

8 just don't quite grasp it.
>>
>>383899345

Hello phoneposter
>>
File: 1459343248301.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
1459343248301.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>>383892181
>mfw this hack is gonna include VR gimmicks into his """game"""
>>
>>383892313

How very contrariaboo of you.
>>
>>383892474

>Mads Mikkelsen
>Expensive actor
>Metal Gear Schnapps
>Expensive actor
>Hurr durr, Kojima just wants to swing it with Hollywood big dicks, I mean he hangs around Del Toro and Mr. Walking Dead, and untill-a-few-years-ago literally who Mads Mikkelsen

You "Kojima was actually bankrupting Konami!" retards are probably the dumbest fucking people on the entire board.
>>
>>383895217

Don't ever expect /v/ to know the costs of anything, let alone game development or the expenses of big entertainment and technology companies.

This is a golden rule, because they all leech off their parents like the neet losers they are.
>>
>>383899725
No anon, we all know spending money to make stuff is the way every company goes bankrupt, no one in it's sane mind would actually do such things as investing.
And we all know MGSV, which made many times it's budget, put Konami at risk.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.