[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFXII: Zodiac Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 504
Thread images: 53

Post progress & job setups.

lost to effect capacity: >>383850863
>>
File: 20170714_212748.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170714_212748.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
So good or bad? Its from the official guide.
>>
>>383892135
>All this minmax cancer
Why
>>
>>383892135
It's different from the gamefaqs setup, and I trust those autists more than any official guide.
>>
Vaan: Monk
Penelo: Black Mage
Ashe: Bushi
Fran: Foebreaker
Balthier: Machinist
Basch: Knight

Did I fuck up? Balthier is hitting like a toddler throwing a pebble and I think I need a white mage.
>>
I'm building according to these articles, they seem to be allright.
http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5778-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-best-job-combinations-and-builds-for-your-first-and-second-job-choices
http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5788-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-best-party-composition-and-party-builds-how-to-pick-the-right-party-members
http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5783-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-guide-espers-where-to-find-them-and-which-job-license-board-to-use-them-on
http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5779-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-best-jobs-for-each-playable-character-and-job-system-primer
>>
I'M CAPTAIN BASCH
>>
Do the Battle/Magick lores you can get with a character cap? For example if I have 2 magic classes will I get the magick lores of both boards?
>>
>Think Fran's English VA is French for years, even swear I looked it up as much years ago
>Check wiki
>She's Australian, probably lives in the same suburb as me
>Has barely done anything else
Fuck me.
>>
>>383892360
Why the fuck do you not have a White Mage by default? It's common fucking sense in any game even if you completely ignore magic most of the time.
>>
White mage/Time mage
or
White mage/Machinst???
>>
>>383893095
Because I'm a retard. At first I was going to make Penelo a White Mage because she felt like one to me but when I got her I thought it'd be cool to have a Black Mage so I made her a Black Mage. I'll just give it as a second job to someone later.
>>
>>383893234
Apparently white mage+machinist can do decent damage with black robes and dark shot.. I haven't tried it myself.
>>
>>383893275
I mean in my first run of FFX-2 as a retarded teenager I didn't change Rikku and Paine's jobs for the entire game, missed pretty much everything and I still made Yuna a White Mage. Whatever, different strokes I guess.
>>
File: finalfantasycastingptxii.jpg (516KB, 1800x1050px) Image search: [Google]
finalfantasycastingptxii.jpg
516KB, 1800x1050px
>Part 1 EMPIRE ASCENDENT
Prologue "A Good Old-Fashioned Kingslaying"
Act 1 "Of Introductions" - Climax; Basch's rescue
Act 2 "These Glowing Stones" - Climax; Showdown at Lhusu Mines
Act 3 "The Leviathan Gambit" - Climax; Battle with Ghis, escape from Leviathan
Epilogue "My Dinner with Ondore"
>Part 2 GODS AND KINGS
Prologue "A Long Time Ago in a Desert Far Far Away"
Act 1 "A New Dawn" - Climax; The Leviathan Explodes
Act 2 "Forest for the Trees" - Climax; Arrival at Bur-Omisace
Act 3 "Of Darkest Days" - Climax; Bur-Omisace destroyed, Bergan's Possession
>Part 3 AGAINST THE LIGHT
Prologue "Into Archades"
Act 1 "Crystal Chronicles" Climax; The Occuria revealed
Act 2 "The Pharos Curse" Climax; Dr. Cid
Act 3 "Battle on the Bahamut" Climax; Duh
Epilogue "Revenant Wings"

Who would you have direct it? My perfect choice would be Raiders-era Spielberg.
>>
Here is what I am thinking.

Vaan - Monk/Shikari
Penelo - Archer/Time Mage
Balthier - White Mage/Black Mage
Fran - Uhlan/Knight
Basch - Foebreaker/Machinist
Ashe - Red Mage/Bushi

I want to use every class.

The only thing I have done for sure is make Vaan a Monk.

I really don't know what I want to do with anyone, I just want to do something fun.
>>
Dude what the fuck are the quickenings even? Most the games battles are pretty underwhelming visually, but then suddenly all the characters can cause black holes, and make magic nukes go off.
>>
>>383893390
I don't know, I had so many recovery items since I had a steal gambit and cure alone on Fran was sort of doing the trick.. so I said fuck it.
>>
>>383893392
I hate to say this but if they had remade FFXII with the exact same story, dialogue, gameplay, etc but with these actors motion capped as the characters, I would replay it
>>
>Hurr muh angsty teen Vaan
The thing is, even though he has out of ANY FF protagonist to date THE biggest right to be angsty he isn't. He gets over what little spite he had pretty much as soon as Basch proves he's innocent in killing Reks and is pretty level headed for the rest of the game. Reviewers and fans are just idiots who see every teenage character as angsty.
>>
>>383893392
That's actually a cool as fuck casting.
>>
>>383893629

The biggest complaint I see about Vaan is that he's mostly inconsequential to the plot. Not that he's angsty.
>>
>>383893392
>no actor for Gabranth
>>
>>383893392
Mark Strong is more suited to fucking Vayne than fuckings Reddits. Also that fucking Balthier and Penelo casting. Have someone more charismatic.
>>
>>383893521
Exactly my thoughts. Quiquenings should just be a string of cool "regular" attacks with weapons with a cool finisher on the end.
>>
>>383893752
He's on the fucking cover of the game. What about Vossler?
>>
>>383893521
Aren't they just limit breaks?
>>
Just got to the Sandsea. Time to farm succulent fruits and LP and get ridiculous chains
>>
File: jakey.jpg (400KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
jakey.jpg
400KB, 1680x1050px
>>383893829
>>383893752

gabranth is this faggot
>>
>>383893859
I mean what are they lore wise? How come Basch can create a tear in the fabric of reality that sucks up the enemies?
>>
>>383893629
Vaan is chill as fuck, awesome character. I have no idea why people hate on him.
>>383893751
But he isn't at all and even if was was, so what? Not everyone has to be a special snowflake, sometimes regular ass people get dragged into shit/choose the life of adventure. Which is exactly what Vaan does, he goes "fuck my poor ass shitty life, I'm going with the sky pirate and all these cool people"
>>
File: Matt-bomer.jpg (50KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
Matt-bomer.jpg
50KB, 500x640px
>>383893829

and this faggot is vossler
>>
>>383893972
Well if you want to explain attacks with lore every single jrpg shits itself.
>>
File: thors cousin.jpg (39KB, 634x357px) Image search: [Google]
thors cousin.jpg
39KB, 634x357px
>>383893752
Hemsworth actually has an almost identical cousin.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2852607/You-look-like-Thor-Kitchen-Rules-contestant-Rob-outed-Sexiest-Man-Alive-Chris-Hemsworth-s-cousin-sneak-peek.html
>>
>>383893920
>>383894093
Perfect.

Also Glen is way too old for Vayne. Maybe Trent Reznor?
>>
What's the worst job for each character?
Why?
>>
>>383894194
This shit writes itself.
>>
>>383894169
It's not that. It just feels weird to me because FF12 is pretty "grounded", for lack of a better word, but then suddenly goes full anime for the specials. Feels out of place.
>>
>>383894194
Who is actually gay, it fits (Gabranth is obviously a huge repressed closet faggot).
>>
>>383894008
I love how he's by far the best character in the game stats-wise despite being so inconsequential to the plot.
I'm terrified my party is just gonna be Vaan Basch and Ashe again because they're by far the most useful characters at what they do (Vaan as a tank, Basch as a straight damage dealer and Ashe as Mage/Archer).
>>
okay /v/, just how much better is the Zodiac age combat compared to the original?

Because the original fucking sucked
>>
>>383894276
Yeah I agree absolutely but it's a common thing is jrpgs. They need crazy ass anime attacks, it's expected of them so they tack them on without much thought. It's up to you to not use them. They really should be more "grounded" like you say and they should be not so fucking broken too.
>>
Penelo: Archer/Black mage
Ashe: Machinist/White mage
Basch: Samurai/Monk

What could go wrong? I kinda don't like having only one character to really benefit from berserker, but I guess I could make Vaan a thief, uhlan or knight to switch with Penelo if needed.
>>
>>383893521
Good'ol Limit Breaks that have been series staple ever since FF6 (yes, FF6, not FF7, in FF6 they were semi-hidden though and many people aren't even aware of them, look up Desperation Attacks in FF6) introduced them.
Each game since then does something unique with them.
In FF6 it's purely random when on low HP.
In FF7 you've got a bar to charge and then can use it at will.
In FF8 it's affected by HP, Aura Status and Status Ailments.
In FF9 you get Super Saiyan transformations that power up the stats and movesets.
In FF10 it's more like FF7 but with distinction into Warrior and Healer type charging modes (Warrior-types can only charge their bar by attacking while Healer-types can only charge it by Healing/Buffing).
In FF12 they also use a bar charge system ala FF7 with no distinction into types, but they are divided into 3 different levels and use QTE to perform them allowing you to chain multiple ones from all your current characters and you get an extra one based on the combination you used.
For example 3x Tier 1 Quickening nets you the Inferno bonus one, 2x Tier 1 + 2x Tier 2 gives you Torrent and so on.
It's honestly my favourite Limit Break system in the series to date.
FF13 has by far the worst, they're more or less "regular" moves that you need to unlock in each characters specific Crystarium late into the game and can be spammed every turn, but they each require full ATB bar charges so you need to wait long if you want to spam them every turn.
>>
>>383894407
It's much better but if you didn't like the original you won't like this, the bases are exactly the same.
>>
>>383894246

Stat difference are negligible. When people say about best job, they are talking about how long the characters take to do an attack animation. Balthier is the slowest with guns, and Fran is the slowest with bows for example. But even then, it's something like 0,2 seconds slower.
>>
>>383894169
Isn't Mist basically the ambient magick energy in the air or something along those lines? It kinda makes sense that Quickenings that draw it all in at once would allow them to do much more dramatic magick attacks.
>>383894276
I wouldn't really call it anime in that sense. They're flashy in effect but they still have that distinct design quality that lets them fit in, they don't do big over the top animations for example. They're really similar to Break Arts and FFT spells still.
>>
File: vayne.jpg (31KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
vayne.jpg
31KB, 650x366px
How about this guy as Vayne?
>>
>>383894194
I fucking kill myself laughing every time I see Rob Hemsworth. His cousins are megastars and he's like a less fit version of Chris appearing on shitty reality television.
>>
>>383893829
>>383893920
>>383894194
Thats_the_joke.jpg
>>
>>383894430

Forgot about the possibility of Archer/Breaker. Would do Archer/Black mage as a throwback to my first playthrough.
>>
>>383894578
I always thought they were slow enough to be unusable with their canon weapons, have I been memed on?
>>
>>383894606
Only if a laugh track every time Vayne speaks is added too.
>>
The the secret fight with all the judges in this version?
>>
File: vayne2.jpg (223KB, 1456x1456px) Image search: [Google]
vayne2.jpg
223KB, 1456x1456px
Vayne
>>
>>383894008

IIRC he wasn't in the original concept. Ash or Basch was supposed to be the main character, but he was added in later. Most likely to appeal to a fanbase Buy who knows? Either way he's effectively Luke in the Final Fantasy that mimics Star Wars the most.
>>
File: 1490139786456.jpg (49KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1490139786456.jpg
49KB, 665x574px
Why won't my gambits work?
I have a gambit on Balthier with cast first aid on a party member with less than 50% hp like he showed in the tutorial.
And yes the gambit is on.
>>
>>383894725
Yes you have. The difference is tiny. On a big fight with Yiazmat or whatever the overall dps with suffer a bit but who cares.
>>
>>383894234

>Trent Reznor

I'll never unhear it now.
>>
>>383894864
That was really, really early stuff. That's like complaining about VII not taking place in a New York ghetto.
>>
>>383894871

Priority. Put the first aid one at the top of the list.
>>
>>383894871

Place it higher on the list to give it more priority. Also first aid doesn't really work unless a character's hp is in the red
>>
>>383894871
First aid only works on critical HP. The gambit order is also important.
>>
>>383894871
First Aid only works on critical-health allies.
>>
>>383894812
>this acne
NOPE
>>
>>383894871
Maybe you don't have mp to cast it? Or no one is at critical health? Or you have another gambit on higher priority?
>>
Is there new content or is it just the Japanese PS2 version in English and redone visuals?
>>
>>383894812
That's no face
That's a minefield!
>>
>>383895001
>>383894992
>>383895037

ohhhhh i see, thanks. I thought he could cast first aid on anyone anytime.
>>
>>383895062
It's just the international version with some neat tweaks.
>>
>>383895062
It has new changes that weren't present in IZJS.
You can now pick 2 Jobs per character instead of 1 like in IZJS and 0 like in vanilla.
Speed up now goes up to 4x Speed unlike 2x in IZJS and 0x in vanilla.
Attack Buffering has been removed entirely so now there is no "queue" for attacks and spells so the powerful attacks are now actually viable instead of being useless like on PS2 due to the buffering so the PS2 wouldn't fry itself.
>>
>>383894606
>I speak to you Dalmascans as a fellow citizen, because LICHRALLY THE GOVERMINT INNIT?
I'd fucking lose it.
>>
>>383894965

I know. I'm just saying it makes sense that he's not wholly involved in the story because he was added later.
>>
>don't have a PS4
>want to emulate the game
>having only 1 job seems such a downgrade that I can't play it now

If I use the save editor to change jobs, does it stack? That would be a solution.
>>
I genuinely thought Larsa was a chick when I first saw him in the strategy guide when I was 14. What a fucking shock that was.
>>
>>383894753
Ye, it's the final fight of the trial mode.
>>
How many Swiftness can I have per character? Does it cap at 3?
>>
>>383895168
>>383895203

That sounds good, I was just about to drop the cash on it until I realised it's not on PC.

rip
>>
how do i keep my leader focused on one target until its dead with gambit? it keeps on changing target
>>
>>383895797
Sorry anon, I'm sure it will come to pc eventually though. In 6 months to a year I'd say.
>>
>>383895843

Instead of foe>nearest or foe>full hp, do foe>party leader target. Or just don't have any offensive gambit. On my first playthrough I only used foe>party leader target on my two companions, and turned the gambits off on my leader, and he always kept attacking the monster.
>>
>>383895942
I always turn gambit off for my leader but i've seen a lot of people play leader with gambit, i guess i will just turn it off.
>>
Is this the definitive job list, /v/? I'll probably follow it for lore reasons.
>>
File: Lala11.jpg (314KB, 1027x722px) Image search: [Google]
Lala11.jpg
314KB, 1027x722px
Man this is one of the best FF i have played.
Why did /v/ tell me it sucked?
>>
Help an idiot. I tried trial mode on a file, now one of my saves is labeled and it says trial mode progress will be lost if I continue. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>383896193

For lore reasons, Fran would be archer and Balthier a gunner.
>>
File: dfvjirt.png (52KB, 1028x557px) Image search: [Google]
dfvjirt.png
52KB, 1028x557px
>>383896193
Shit forgot to attach.
>>383896269
Because /v/ can't deal with an FF game not being muh waifu animu garbage and is one of the few Japanese RPG's to not be like this. I will admit though the Gambit system is not for everyone but I love the game and it's one of the my favourite games on PS2. I went back and played FFX and was just so disappointed by how simple it was in terms of gameplay and story with every character just being a walking cliche.
>>
>>383896110
>>383895843
Use Foe>least HP.
>>
Did they seriously remove the Sky Pirate's Den?
>>
>>383896703
who cares nigga
>>
>>383896428

I can dig that party set up. I don't think the game is remotely hard enough to minmax and I want all the jobs represented. I will probably go for that combination to keep things thematically relevant.
>>
>>383896754
I care. I wanna see the fucking cute sprites all together
>>
If I emulate the game and use the save editor to change jobs, will the stats stack like if I were using two jobs like in ZA?
I won't get a PS4 anytime soon, but I want to talk about it with fellow anons.
>>
>>383896703
It's the trophy list now, which is still fucking lazy because they cut out a blatantly physical thing that didn't even need to be cut.
>>
I maxed out all my license boards and im only level 25. I was told I needed to farm pretty heavily for gil so I did. near the start of the game.

did i just make the entire game trivial? I guess i still have the 2nd one to unlock still
>>
>>383892354
that autism was built upon years of playing IZJS, calculating over guesstimates around the one-job party builds and a few anons who barely started playing early copies.
this guide has official Square info backing it
>>
>>383897178
>prima games
>good
lol
>>
>>383891996

So how do the summons work with every character having two jobs/licence boards? Does a character only have access to a summon on the job they unlocked it on? Does the node activate on both boards for the one character? Or are they suck on the one job?
>>
>>383897175
Lhusu mines?
>>
>>383897175
not quite since your gear detetrmines how strong you actually are. getting the licenses won't magically spawn the equipment on your inventory.
then again, this game was designed around each character having only one job, so I guess it's already trivial.
>>
>>383897281
the last game guide i bought was for final fantasy XI and the amount of misinformation in that was astounding. they also sabotaged beastmaster by saying that they screw up party exp if they are in a party. assholes
>>
>>383897281
>good
that word isn't in the post you quoted, anon
regardless of how good or bad it is, it's official data. it's just a fact.
unless Prima is doing it second-hand and only Piggyback got the rights to consult the devs
>>
>>383897367
yeah mostly
>>383897381
there was no rebalancing done do compensate for the 2nd job? what about the endgame fights, are those now easy mode?
>>
>>383893392
Reddas should be Idris Elba
>>
>>383897502
pretty much, since you don't have to compromise having shitty characters that specialize only on debuffs or having a weak ass mage who has access to high level spells but dies in a few hits.
what could make you sweat? idk, maybe Omega, Yiazmat and the judges at the Trial Mode but that's it
>>
Do you guys prefer XII or XIV overall? And why?
>>
>>383897762
one is a single player game one is a mmo. how did you even think this question was a good one to ask?
>>
>>383897762
XIV feels pretty similar to XII already thanks to having the same artist behind it (Akihiko Yoshida), not to mention wandering through those vast sceneries and farming shit for hours.
but I still prefer XII because it's SP and I don't have to bother making parties with assholes for dungeons just to advance the story
>>
>>383897762
I did love XIV for the year and a half I played before HW hit, but XII is and will always be my favorite game of all time. XIV is more of a loving homage but the story, script, and style will always go to XII. I will say XIV is a much truer sequel to XII than Revenant Wings (boo, hiss) even if the plot is unrelated in terms of gameplay and polish.
>>
>>383896843

Anyone?
>>
>>383898175
dunno but since you're bruteforcing the game to activate stuff it's supposed to be permanently locked it's probably going to work the same way, that is, if it works at all.
maybe it will force your character to stick only with the new job's stuff or just crash
>>
>thinking about how to keep berserk up
>mfw remember about armguards
>>
>>383896843
I don't think IZJS has been coded to take two jobs into consideration when calculating a character's features.
It's probably going to reset or null the other's progress to keep only one of the jobs and their respective licenses active.
>>
>>383891996
On the way to Mt. Bur-omisace
Balthier: Bushi/Black mage
Vaan: Monk/undecided
Fran: Black mage/archer
Basch: Knight/Undicided
Ashe: White mage/ Red mage
Pennelo: White mage/ Shikari
I just need a good job for Vann and Basch, but something not too redundant and gives them a bit of offensive magic
>>
So I understand giving any character any job is fine since the game isn't that hard, but what about 1st/2nd/job/summon synergy? What are the best 1st/2nd jobs+summon combos?
>>
>>383899882
>any job is fine
whoa wait a minute there anon, it's not that simple.
there is still a need to worry about sub-optimal party setups that leave you with redundant or useless characters
just pick any of the recommendations from here and you're good to go
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75477310
>>
>>383899882
http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5783-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-guide-espers-where-to-find-them-and-which-job-license-board-to-use-them-on
>>
File: ff12 save editor.jpg (59KB, 893x312px) Image search: [Google]
ff12 save editor.jpg
59KB, 893x312px
>>383899146

Well, tested it. Unlocked spear lores on a samurai and it allowed me to equip spears.
But this is what it looks like when I switch jobs. On the left, samurai, the job I picked for her in the beginning, on the right, the job I changed to in the save editor. the lores doesn't stack, unless one grid go have 2 battle lores and the other have 3, then I'll use the first job with 3 battle lores instead of 2.
>>
Balthier: Bushi/Knight
Penelo: White Mage/time mage
Ashe: Red Mage/Black Mage
Vaan: Shikari/Foe breaker
Basche: Archer/Ulan
Fran: White Mage/Machinist

Rate please
>>
>>383900485
yeah, it seems it's only accumulating stuff like licenses and stats.
I wonder if you unlocked all jobs it would make your character even stronger than being fully leveled in vanilla's LB
>>
>>383900731

How does it work on ZA? I can have something like 8 battle lores on one character if so I wish?
>>
>>383900587
>not making Basch the knight
you had one job, anon
>>
>>383893751
I like Vaan. He's kinda dumb but he's a chill dude. Not annoying at all, very realistic rather. Plus being a Swede he has a very familiar look, he looks like any blonde Swede during summer
>>
File: 137608836779.jpg (69KB, 322x368px) Image search: [Google]
137608836779.jpg
69KB, 322x368px
>tfw can't dual wield daggers/ninja daggers

Dagger+shield look so retarded.
>>
>>383896428
I like that set up.
>>
>>383900853
yes, that's why optimized parties will make you hilariously overpowered
>>
File: REEEE.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
REEEE.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>383891996
PC RELEASE SO I CAN PIRATE IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>383901131
wait a year or so, just like FFX Remaster
>>
>>383901015

Now I want to see an optimized mage even more. since there's no queue too.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>383900230
>monk/foebreaker with Ultima gets x3 swiftness
does that mean this is a no brainer?
>>
>>383900860
As much as I would like to make Basch a knight and balthier the archer, all the guides tell me to do otherwise
>>
>>383891996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bepP2OPHKEg
I love the last one
>>
Vaan's relevance is the relevance of an average and below person stuck in a story bigger than him, with princesses, emperors and gods. What would you have done in his place? Nothing better, cause you're just a simpleton.

Hating Vaan is hating yourself.
>>
File: Zalera.jpg (69KB, 629x530px) Image search: [Google]
Zalera.jpg
69KB, 629x530px
One of the best summon designs in the series
>>
>>383901620

Vaan and Penelo are there to show the Ashe who are the people she have to protect as a queen instead of just fighting for power or vengeance against the empire.
>>
>>383901446
what's the guide's argument for reversing Balthier and Basch's setup in your party?
do they have some innate abilities or stats that help with these jobs?
>>
>>383901620
your six-man party is evenly split between the nobles, the commoners and the free folk
>>
My plan is:

Vaan: Shikari/Monk
Penelo: Red and Black Mage
Fran: Archer/Breaker
Basch; knight/uhlan
Balthier: White mage/Machinist
Ashe: Bushi/Time Mage

Any recommendations?
>>
Vaan: Shikari/Bushi
Balthier: Ulhan/White Mage
Fran: Red Mage/Archer (maybe)
Ashe: Breaker/Time Mage
Penelo: Monk/Black Mage
Basch: Knight/???
>>
>>383901620
nice projection kid, I make 6 figures
>>
>>383901756
And they're made MC
>>
File: XII_mateus_render.png (478KB, 757x817px) Image search: [Google]
XII_mateus_render.png
478KB, 757x817px
>>383901706

>have a shamanness as hostage
>gods btfo him and the shamanness
>Mateus kidnap a goddess to use as a shield
>gods send him and the goddess to an eternity in hell

Gods were really assholes.
>>
>>383902080
Vaan is a MC as much as Locke was in FF VI
>>
>>383901976
>playing gaymes where you save the world instead of doing something worthwhile
lolsimpletons when will they learn?
>>
>>383902080

Main character=/=protagonist

I don't even know if that make sense
>>
>>383902396
it does, it's perfectly fine to have a story where the main character is merely witnessing a far more important character 's progress and narrating it from his point of view, specially if the story has some inconsistencies or looks embellished as consequence.
>>
Just started it and holy shit the font is fucking awful. Who approved this garbage? Also why do the cutscenes stutter and glitch out so much? Why are all remasters utter shit in the technical department?
>>
>>383891996
I just started again after 29 hours because i didn't exactly choose the best job pairings or even check esper abilities, started new game about an hour ago with some knowledge of job skill tree's and espers and I've come to this setup.
Vaan - arher/bm choas/Zodiark

Basch - knight/ulhan Mateus/Hashmal/Ultima

Ashe - bushi/rm Shemhazai/Cuchulainn

Penelo - wm/tm Exodus/Zeromus

Fran - Monk/machinist Zalera/Famfrit

Baltheir - foebreaker/hunter Belias/Adrammelech
>>
>>383903118
Works on my machine :^)
>>
0% because $50 is way too much for a single game remaster. I'll probably get it when it goes on sale for like $20 or $25 though.
>>
When is this coming to Steam?

I thought it would come out last week. By the end of the month, at least?
>>
>>383903410
No word on a pc release at all. So probably not any time soon if at all, christmas at the earliest.
>>
>>383903410
Next year probably
>>
is dis gaem good
wuts da combat like
I remember watching my brother play it a bit on ps2
>>
>>383891996
>post job setup
ugh, this remake is causing cancer, let me know when you beat yiazmat with your borked team.

>>383894871
first aid is shit use pots or heal.

anyone trying for all the rare steal things? hows that drop rate?
>>
File: 1499814916470.jpg (52KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
1499814916470.jpg
52KB, 312x312px
i hope this will do good
i'm about to get the 2nd jobs

Vaan - foebreaker/machinist
Penelo - monk/black mage
Balthier - shikari/white mage
Fran - uhlan/time battlemage
Ashe - red mage/archer
Basch - bushi/knight

i just based this on how they'd look with the weapons. i really wanted fran to be a dragoon though

also how do you change party order? can't seem to figure that shit
>>
>>383903815
Niggers on /v/, when did this happen?
>>
File: 1432726433611.gif (823KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1432726433611.gif
823KB, 200x200px
Guys, am I supposed to switch out party members to make sure everyone gets leveled up evenly? Because if so, how the fuck am I supposed to get enough gil to equip everyone? I'm at the desert now after getting Ashe and I'm dead broke.
>>
>>383904123
sell your loots
>>
>>383904068
that wasn't niggerspeak
>>
>>383904123

The tomatoes in the sandsea give good loot, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
Im at giruvegan.
Got my ass kicked and hightailed it out of there. No idea how to remove that cunt status effect that drops you to 1hp forever without a save crystal
>>
>>383904123
Could always farm trial mode for diamond armlets.
>>
>>383904123
kill things, sell loot
save things for grimoires.
>>
>>383899882
Those are the most badass summons in the whole series and SE still couldn't bother making them actually useful even in this remaster. Being able to control them as in IZJS is just not enough, they're shit and your party is almost always more competent.
They should have been a (temporary) fourth party member.
>>
>>383904470
Or just replace one party member.
>>
>>383904275
what qualify's as nigger speak to you?, wuts, da, dis, is most definitely nigger speak.
>>
File: 1493098510869.jpg (626KB, 1280x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1493098510869.jpg
626KB, 1280x3600px
Is this game easy enough that I can get by with just picking whatever I want for jobs

i've been staring at the licence board for about 10 minutes now unsure about what job to pick for Vaan
>>
>>383904792
yes, don't listen to anyone telling you otherwise. Obviously if you make everyone have the same fucking job layout you're gonna have a hard time but it's not going to be impossible. Just as you can finish ff1 with 4 white mages you can finish ff12 with some pretty retarded setups. Get to a hard spot, just grind some.
>>
>>383904792
What was it, Gurren Lagann final episode?
>>
>>383904442

That's disease. It's removed with remedies with remedy lore or vaccines. Apparently having bubble on you makes you immune to it too. The magic Cleanse also removes it.
>>
>>383904946
four white mages? that would never work.
>>
>>383904765
>qualify is
honestly, I find it to be more annoying when people try to use punctuation where it isn't needed than when people don't bother in the first place

anyways, didn't sound like niggerspeak when I read it out, just weird spelling
>>
>>383905005
You're right, it was white mage, priest, shaman, and healer...
>>
>>383904984
I swear i have all the remedy lores. Bubble is a level 16 clan perk and i cant find/purchase cleanse. I feel boned.
>>
>>383905093
qualifies* damn now I'm guilty of nigger speak, well nigger text.

I brought shame upon my family.
>>
>>383891996
So is there job switching in ZA or not?
>>
>>383904792
player skill and character level is more important. just don't be retarded by having gambits that don't make sense and neglecting skills you should have. you can always take the brainlet approach and grind your problems away.
>>
>>383905171

Stock vaccines then.
>>
>>383905292
I like i should have them but i dont.
Man i kinda just want to start over, i hate all my class synergies. And perks. I fucked up bad and nothing works.
>>
>>383905378
I hate to be this guy but this is why I refuse to play the remake, 8 hour bosses are complicated enough without planing your classes at the start.

will be playing original though if people need help.
>>
>>383905186
No, two permanent jobs per character.
>>
>>383905517
The only boss that takes that long is yizmat and hes an optional mark. No boss takes longer than 5 10 mins otherwise. Its the walking that padds it out.
>>
>>383905378
do it, it's not like your 100 hours in yet, i just started over at 30.
>>
>>383893029
>tfw no proper sequel that brings back all the voice actors
>>
What's up with that guy in the last thread who said there was a new dungeon in the world (not trial mode), was that legit or was he jusst fucking with us
>>
>>383905634
>not doing all the hunts
what are you hourly?
>>
>>383905797
Yeah im at 12 hours so i think its fair to say its a safe restart if i just go and start at raithwalls. Im so glad i dont overwrite my saves.
>>
>>383892135
>knight and machinist
Why would they suggest this?
>>
Do you guys think that we will have another Matsuno Ivalice game ? I want to see Rozaria and the events that lead to the Cataclysm.

No the XIV raids don't count.
>>
>>383905987

I guess you just fucked up the second jobs then?
>>
>>383905987
you synergy that early wouldn't be great anyway.
you don't really start getting lots of abilities until like 20 hours in.
>>
>>383906337
Like i said. Im at giruvegan. I just dont like how the party feels at all

The only think i like is that bash with a deathbringer is broken as fuck.

>>383906246
Yeah man. I feel like every single combination is wrong
>>
TEAM A:
Balthier: Bushi/Knight
Penelo: White Mage/time mage
Ashe: Red Mage/Black Mage
Vaan: Shikari/Foe breaker
Basch: Archer/Ulan

Or

TEAM B:
Balthier: FoeBreaker/shikari
Penelo: Time Mage/White Mage
Ashe: Red Mage/Archer
Vaan: Black Mage/Monk
Basch: Bushi/Knight

I'm going to use one of these team but no idea which one to use, opinions?
>>
>>383907020
Team B
>>
>>383892135
>Reading guides and not just playing it your own way
Fucking hell, why bother even playing the game if you're going to just follow a guide? At max level, none of this shit even matters.
>>
What are these quickening things? I have the option to unlock Feral Strike for Fran, but I think I heard something about being locked out of others?
>>
leveling all 6 is just too autistic for me
>>
>>383894008
>>383893751
>>383893629
The problem with Vaan is the same problem with most the core cast; the story doesn't really DO anything worthwhile with them. You know their archtypes. You know what their arcs will be. But you're given no reason to really care. Everyone knows Vaan will get over his hate towards the empire and have an optimistic view on things, but it just sorta "happens"; there's no real weight to it. Same with the other characters. Basch has his vendetta with Gabranth, but it barely amounts to much. Same with Balthier and Cid. Ashe, who we're supposed to believe feels a fiery wrath towards Archades, just comes off as very passive for a good chunk of the game.
>>
File: 1229199375361.jpg (31KB, 251x232px) Image search: [Google]
1229199375361.jpg
31KB, 251x232px
>mfw the new secret dungeon/hunts
>>
>>383907331

I think you get 4 quickening slots on the board, each one leading to some lores/equipments. Since you can only choose 3 quickenings, one of those lores/equipments will be locked away. forever.
>>
>>383907453
WAIT WHAT?>>383907331
>>
File: Al-Cid8.jpg (190KB, 450x739px) Image search: [Google]
Al-Cid8.jpg
190KB, 450x739px
>>383894606
Try again.
>>
File: quickenings.jpg (34KB, 913x567px) Image search: [Google]
quickenings.jpg
34KB, 913x567px
>>383907623

The red squares are quickenings. You can only pick 3. After you picked 3, the last one will disappear, locking out some stuff in the grid.
I may be wrong though, but I think it's like that.
>>
>>383907453
Oh alright, I see it on Vaan's liscense. There are some abilities locked behind a quickening. I guess I should save them for later.
>>
>>383907934
i unlocked one or two already but never used them yet. i wasn't even checking their locations, am i fucked?
>>
>>383907934
>I may be wrong though, but I think it's like that.
Yeah you're wrong. There's 3 Quickenings per board, that's the maximum available. From what I've seen you don't get locked out of things, as you're board is set per class.
>>
how many fucking stones in this game, there is the treasure from the castle, the fake Nethicite and the one from the tomb

dumb shit
>>
File: hunter grid.png (122KB, 1986x1944px) Image search: [Google]
hunter grid.png
122KB, 1986x1944px
>>383907998
>>383908069

No, I'm wrong. But be sure to unlock the ones with shit behind them.
>>
are casters worth shit this time around?
the spell queue + zerker made them obsolete in the original release
>>
>>383907441
>trying this bait again

Stop it, anon.
>>
>>383908227
those stones are a key component of the main story arc anon.
>>
>>383899882
>>383899882
Is it true that the Espers in XII are old Final Fantasy bosses? if true could you tell me who is who?
>>
>>383902147
I want to fuck that goddess.
>>
i raped vossler with Belias, i dont remember summons being this useful
>>
>>383908537
I remember never using them. Wonder if they're worthwhile now?
>>
>>383908491

Me too, since Mateus is just the fish thing behind her.
>>
>>383905620
Pre-order cancelled.
>>
Don't exploit the Dustia leveling trick. It makes the game piss easy. Restarted because of that and some wrong job selections
>>
>>383908863
>pre-order
The game was released last week.
>>
>>383908910
>>
>>383908316
Well there's break damage limit and the spell queue is supposedly fixed, but I'm sure they fall behind in DPS compared to a haste/berserk 10-chain comboing bushi
During a playthrough magic is pretty effective for AoE, it can target flying enemies, and some some enemies are resistant to physical

>>383908537
Belias was always effective against him
>>
>>383908443
Some of them are based off of the Final Bosses of the earlier games.

Chaos = Chaos, FF1
Mateus = Emperor, FF2 - In the Japanese Novelisation, his name was Emperor Mateus
Famfrit = Cloud of Darkness, FF3
Zeromus = Zeromus, FF4
Exodus = Exdeath, FF5
Zalera = Necron, FF9 (The Angel of Death idea could also apply to Kuja though)

The other Espers don't really have obvious connotations to the other Final Bosses, at least as far as I can tell.
>>
>>383908907
no, you restarted because you only realized you chose the jobs poorly after wasting several hours grinding
>>
>>383892354
>VeghEsther finally got banned

I honestly can't believe it senpai
>>
>>383909070
>wasting several hours grinding
kek, the game has x4 speed. this isn't PAL FFIX
>>
>>383908443
They're the Zodiac demons from FFT (the original PS1 localization had different spellings like Velius instead of Belius, Queklain instead of Chu'chulainn, etc).
>>
Vaan -Shikari/Foebreaker
Ashe- Monk/Black Mage
Fran - Machinist/White Mage
Balthier - Bushi/Knight
Basch - Uhlan/Time Battlemage
Penelo - Archer/Red Battlemage
>>
>>383908537

It's just downhill from there with espers.
>>
>>383909172
>implying the added speed won't just make you grind even harder since it will take less time
you'll end up staying for just as long, if not more
>>
so whats the rarest drop you have so far? no one answered before when I asked if anyone is even attempting an 100% item run.
>>
>>383909347
nice thing I restarted after bhujerba then! :D
>>
I want to play this, but I'm so sick and tired of my PS4's constantly dying battery. When's PC version!?
>>
>>383894725

You know almost all of this information comes from GFAQs and Ullillia right? It's pure unrefined autism that doesn't fucking matter to a normal playthrough.
>>
I noticed with "Lamont" that Guests are levelling up too. Does this mean they're leeching off xp? Or are they just getting the same amount of xp as your other party members?
>>
>>383895797

PC Release is practically guaranteed considering porting a PS4 game takes about 2 weeks with a competent team. Square just wants to double dip on sales.
>>
>>383909490
The controller or the console itself?
>>
>>383910167
Controller. PS4 controller has a shit battery.
>>
>>383909557
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Guest#Final_Fantasy_XII
holy shit, you can control Larsa now?

to answer your question, its easier to grind with 4 people therefore don't worry about it.
>>
>>383911043
Guests and Espers are controllable now. You can modify their gambits as well, I think.
>>
I'm thinking of going with
Vaan Shikari/Uhlan
Penelo: Monk/Black mage
Balthier: Machinist/Bushi
Fran: Archer/Red Battlemage
Basch: Knight/Foe Breaker
Ashe: Time Battlemage/ Whitemage
Does this look good?
>>
>>383894725
The difference is literally fractions of a second. You can still BTFO anything in the game, it's not like there is online PvP or anything.
>>
>>383896272
You're supposed to do trial mode with an endgame save
>>
File: 1391999218790.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1391999218790.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
>>383891996
Is there any reason I should buy this over just emulating it?
>>
>>383912478

ZA let's you pick two jobs, and you don't lose your save if you do the trial mode.
>>
>>383911043
>>383911437
Really? Thats pretty cool. Larsa was already pretty useful. Now I can clear a bunch of hunts with him easily.
>>
>>383906147
well Machinist have 3 swiftness and a ranged option for Knights
plus they're not total trash anymore since you have two classes
>>
When do I get to pick a second job? I just got to the tomb in the desert.
>>
Guys, post Ashe's ass.
>>
File: 1486994710208.jpg (7KB, 137x130px) Image search: [Google]
1486994710208.jpg
7KB, 137x130px
>all the talking
>no one posting any kind of screenshots or webms
What gives?
>>
File: 1409241987728.jpg (34KB, 500x567px) Image search: [Google]
1409241987728.jpg
34KB, 500x567px
>>383911043
Doesn't this mean he doesn't have infinite X-Potions anymore?
>>
File: 1497143875531.png (72KB, 283x268px) Image search: [Google]
1497143875531.png
72KB, 283x268px
>>383900974
>Dagger + shield looks retarded
>dool weeld doesn't
>>
I'd like to platinum this game, but I'm worried. Two of the trophies are for getting all of the technicks, magic, etc on the license board. I picked Shikari twice for two different characters (one as its first job, the other as its second job) because of the builds I wanted to do.

Have I locked myself out of license board skills/magic/whatever unique to a job, given that I can no longer have every job represented?
>>
File: 1498097171766.jpg (58KB, 496x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498097171766.jpg
58KB, 496x960px
>>383917671
>>>picking the same job twice
>when it's made so that every job can be used exactly once
>>
>>383916170
>>no one posting any kind of screenshots or webms
>What gives?
thats because its a console exclusive
>>
Vaan - Shikari/foebreaker
Balthier - White mage/machinist
Basch - Uhlan/time mage
Ashe - Bushi/knight
Fran - Red Mage/archer or black mage
Penelo - Monk/black mage

This is what I'm planning. Basch is probably better as Bushi than Ashe, but I really like Ashe with katanas.
>>
>>383915937
Belias
>>
>>383917790
Plenty of people have been posting screenshots and videos to social media of their playthroughs, though.
>>
File: e4ca00d242c3d979a9f393b8111818c3.jpg (170KB, 715x1000px) Image search: [Google]
e4ca00d242c3d979a9f393b8111818c3.jpg
170KB, 715x1000px
>>383916031
Pic related

>>383891996
Vaan - Bushi/Monk
Balthier - Knight/TM
Penelo - Archer/Uhlan
Fran - RM/BM
Ashe - WM/Machinist

Just passed Eruyt Village, on the way to Henne Mines, but gonna stop back at Rabanastre and do some hunts I may have missed along with buying more gambits. The class combo's I picked work pretty damn good so far.
>>
What is the strongest summon? Is that the angel?
>>
>>383916767
according to wiki he cast cura now
>>
>>383918481
zodiark
>>
>>383907293
People just like to min/max for when they fight superbosses.
>>
>>383917780
I know, I know
>>
>>383919569
No, you DON'T know
RESTART
>>
>>383892360
Machinists are gear dependent. Make Uhlan his second job andhe will later hit like a fucking truck.
>>
Are there any video of what mages can do now?
>>
>>383894594
>over the top animations
so the one where Balthier splits into 3 then teleports up and recombines into a giant meteor isn't over the top? What about the one where penelo just fucking shatters reality? Or Vaan throwing 2 fireballs at precise trajectories and speeds that they hit each other on top of the enemy and explode?
>>
>>383909010
Zalera is Sephiroth.
>>
Vaan - Uhlan/Time Mage
Penelo - Archer/Red Mage
Balthier - Machinist/White Mage
Fran - Shikari/Foebreaker
Basch - Bushi/Knight
Ashe - Black Mage/Monk

Rate

I don't plan on using Vaan or Penelo very much
>>
File: 1413489936874.jpg (76KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1413489936874.jpg
76KB, 1000x800px
>>383920206
>What about the one where penelo just fucking shatters reality?
It does sound pretty ridiculous when you put it that way.

But seriously, don't talk shit about Penelo's quickenings, that's the coolest shit in the entire game.
>>
>>383920206
>limit breaks don't have that feel of realism
(you)
>>
>>383920560
>Penelo's quickening animations based on figure skaters
>Basch's based on boxing and whatnot
>Vaan's based on various sports

Pretty neat touches, really.
>>
Vaan: Shikari/Monk
Penelo: Red Mage/Bushi
Ashe: Knight/Time Mage
Balthier: Machinist/White Mage
Fran: Foe Breaker/Uhlan
Basch: Archer/Black Mage

How'd I do, guys?
>>
>>383918429
>nipple
oh that's a bannu
>>
>>383893029
>not going out of your way to stalk her and "accidentally" bump into her
>not using her voice to start a conversation saying that you've heard of it before
>not using the "chance encounter" to start dating her and marrying literally Fran
virgin
>>
>>383892960
The license boards share licenses. So now, if you pick up a battle/magic lore from one board, that same license will be taken on another board. It's pretty useful for teleporting around a character's second board.
>>
>>383892135

>giving belias to anyone but ashe

shit tier
>>
>That part where Fran goes berserk on the airship
Man I forgot about that part.

Did anybody make a doujin of this?
>>
File: 1436762872613.gif (664KB, 253x200px) Image search: [Google]
1436762872613.gif
664KB, 253x200px
It will never stop bothering me that there's all these cool races in Ivalice and 90% of the party members are fucking humans.
>>
>>383920989

Really? So what about this? >>383901015
>>
>>383921147
Quite a few, I'm sure.
>>
I heard FFXIV is most similar to this game. Is that true?
>>
>>383921147
>FFXII
>doujins
You think you're a funny guy, huh?
>>
>>383921257
>>383921485
Getting mixed messages here.
>>
File: izjs stuff.png (119KB, 429x131px) Image search: [Google]
izjs stuff.png
119KB, 429x131px
>>383921204
The licenses on both boards don't stack, however, some jobs have more magick/battle lores than others. So you can you get a lot of lores on one character if you choose the proper jobs.
>>
>>383921304
XI was the similar one.
>>
>>383921636

So I CAN use the save editor on IZJS to unlock other board and pretend I'm playing ZA?
>>
File: photo.jpg (45KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
45KB, 900x900px
>>383899882
>Hashmal
>Bringer of Oreos
>>
I haven't started yet.

Can someone post to me a job setup which is strong, somewhat lore friendly, uses all 12 and has Fran wielding a spear.
>>
>>383921958
I honestly don't know. Try it out and report your results! Though ZA has some rebalancing from IZJS and different treasure locations the demon wall blood sword location was changed in raithwall, for instance. you no longer need to kill demon wall to get it. instead you get a scathe mote for your troubles and you can gain jp from trial mode and take items from it. If you don't care about that stuff, then do what you like.
>>
File: 1464992598767.jpg (16KB, 312x348px) Image search: [Google]
1464992598767.jpg
16KB, 312x348px
>picking a job for Vaan

I've never played this fucking game before this decision is too hard.
>>
>>383922368

Vaan works well as literally anything.
>>
>>383921958
>>383922267
Forgot to mention that you can get the Blood Sword A, or Karkata, as it's now named, from the third trial as a rare steal. It's pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>383922118
The only job with spears is Uhlan and she starts with a bow, so Uhlan/Archer is your Fran setup I guess.

>>383922368
Each character gets two jobs so you'll ultimately get access to them all if that makes it easier.
>>
>>383916767
>grinding like fuck in the mines for cash and license points in the original thanks to infinite x-potions
good times
>>
>>383922368
For the first jobs just go with what makes more sense in-universe for every character.
>>
>>383922267

I did test earlier in the thread.

>>383896843
>>383898628
>>383899146
>>383900485
>>383900731
>>383900853
>>383901015
>>
>>383922683
Yeah that's what I just did. He has a dagger and it says Shikari use daggers so that is what I picked.
>>
>>383904123
Steal from enemies and build up chains for lots of extra loot.
>>
>>383922683
is Fran b.mage or bow first?

I know how i'd do canon with fixed jobs but there are some questions. (like do you bother giving Balthier guns considering they are shit at first, but useful later?)
>>
>>383904123
>how the fuck am I supposed to get enough gil to equip everyone?
Party leader:
1. [foe: HP >90% = steal]
2. [foe: any = attack]
And equip thiefs cuffs as soon as you can get them.
>>
the game is literally pointless to minmax u fucking retards.

It was designed to be beaten with each char only having 1 JOB. You have 2 jobs in this version so it's much easier. If you minmax you only make it easier. Just play u morons.
>>
>>383909557
Guests always stole your exp, just that in the original they didn't level up and it was lost to the ether.
>>
>the wolves have buttholes
>>
>>383923039
I'm giving everyone lore appropriate first jobs, and I'm still pretty early in the game but I already regret machinist Balthier. He just pathetically stands back doing 11 damage per shot while everyone else is hitting for 80-100 damage.
>>
>>383923238
>literally pointless
What if I want to completely demolish every enemy I come across?
>>
File: thextera.jpg (276KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thextera.jpg
276KB, 1920x1080px
>>383923437
>>
>>383923446

What in the fuck? Guns ignore defense.
>>
>>383923629
>Resists guns
>>
>>383923467
you can do that without minmaxing, ffxii isn't that hard
>>
>>383922368
I picked knight cause I wanted him to use tournesol, other than that, I have no idea what I'm going to do after.
>>
>it's too easy
I want video evidence of any poster in this thread killing the Archaeoaevises in Zertinan Caverns. They got nerfed, didn't they?
>>
>>383922368
you don't even have to use all 6, you can do the game with just 3. I ran penelo/ashe/balthier in international zodiac edition
>>
>farm for a while in the sandsea with x4 speed
>take a break, while browsing my brain still thinks everything is going at sonic speed and tried to read real fast

Holy shit is this real life
>>
>>383904362

yeah like over 300 gil for each succulent fruit
>>
I don't like XII because it always makes me horny I just need to fucking rape ashe and penelo's asses
Sorry man but really what the hell how am I meant to play without getting a boner
>>
>>383924348
>not playing with one hand

C'mon, its like you've never played a jrpg before.
>>
>>383923446
Stop shooting flans, and upgrade your weapon. Stats have no impact on its damage.
>>
>>383921304
XIV is straight up launching an Ivalice raid later in the year

But XII is way more like an offline version of XI, slow pace and all
>>
>>383892135
>Vaan ever being a black mage
>basch ever being a time mage
>balthier being a white mage
>ashe being a machinist

sorry but these choices are fucking dumb immersion wise
>>
>>383924348
At least you understand that Ashe is hot. I swear there is some kind of bizarre selective gayness afoot that makes people ignore how hot Ashe is.
>>
>>383924601
does XIV even have some kind of coherent story or do they just go "oh hey this thing is popular right now let's do that" like some kind of mixed grab bag from everything FF thrown together?
>>
>>383908246

>All those Magick lores behind Chaos.

I'm guessing those help out with healing spells right?
>>
>>383893392
nikolaj coster waldau is too fucking old to play Balthier.
>>
>>383924348
I personally cannot stop looking at Ashe's ass. I was never all that into Penelo, though.
>>
>>383924716
>that makes people ignore how hot Ashe is.

Who's ignoring it? Its commonly accepted that pretty much every FF girl is smoking hot.
>>
>>383924872
Ashe really is quite something. Fuck. What a slut, showing everyone her thicc yet tight butt.
>>
Got this game today, currently playing as Reks.
My planned job choices:
Vaan: Monk/Uhlan
Ashe: Samurai/don't really know, Samurai just fits her too well
Fran: Foebreaker/Machinist
Balthier: Hunter/White Mage
Penelo: Red Mage/Black Mage
Basch: Knight/Archer

Give me a hand here /v/
>>
>>383925078
>white mage for balthier
top kek
>>
>>383924809
There'll be some kind of justification to fit it in the world. Heavensward had a pretty good take on the Floating Continent / Warring Triad from FF6
>>
>>383925174
Don't really know what to do with him. All I remember is that he has decent speed, that's all.
>>
Anyone else sometimes play games like these very slowly? Some of the places like the oasis village in the desert are too comfy, I don't even want to progress much...
>>
>>383925564
I always try to talk to every npc
>>
>>383923987
It's too easy if you minmax, if you play it in a chill way it's fine.
>>
>>383925708
I think I talk to FFXII NPCs more than the next 5 games in line for that
>>
>>383925564
I always love the moments in FF games, usually at the beginning but sometimes they also occur later on, during which there is a moment of rest. Where it's not on the edge right now and shit's about to go down.

For example, in ff7 icicle inn and costa del sol.
or balamb garden in ff8. or running around on comfy besaid island in ff10.
>>
>>383923446
guns do bad damage but ignore defence, you need to get grimoires and rare steals to upgrade.

hes better with poles at the start but with fixed jobs...
>>
>>383924809
>or do they just go "oh hey this thing is popular right now let's do that" like some kind of mixed grab bag from everything FF thrown together?
As much as shitposting memesters will say that is the case, it's really not.
XIV has a shit-ton of references to previous FFs, but 99% of them make perfect sense within the context of the world and story. The Main Scenario is mostly its own, unique thing, with the references being minimal and sparse. The sidequests are more reference-heavy, though.

The 1% that don't really make sense being the Shantotto FFXI crossover event (which even then kinda makes sense if you followed XI), and the Lightning crossover; which didn't really make much sense, because Lightning is determined to literally be the worst fucking thing in every game her ugly, Cloud-in-drag, flat ass unfortunately appears in.
>>
How important is it really to have a genji user and time magic? I want to just use a 3-man team but this is holding back my planning.
>>
File: heypig.jpg (56KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
heypig.jpg
56KB, 900x600px
>>383924849
Japanese 30yo is American 50yo. Also I need to adjust the image because Danzig is way too old for Vayne (though he would have been great 30 years ago). Trent is much better, assuming he could actually pull off the acting. I fully endorse Matt Bomer for Vossler as another anon suggested.
>>
>>383924348
The gambit system was created because the team realised how fuckable all of the girls' tight asses looked and knew that no one could play with both hands.
>>
>>383927507
>Japanese 30yo is American 50yo.
Yeah, no, 50yo people don't feel Yan Solo-ish at all, you need some late youth power for that.
>>
>>383927482
>time magic
In IZJS Hastega was deep inside the bonus area of Great Crystal hiding behind 7000 zombies so the payoff is going to take FOREVER.
>>
>>383927694
I always got a surrogate-father-figure to Vaan from Balthier, maybe it's just me. He definitely didn't strike me as acting terribly young, but I guess he could seem more of a brother figure.
>>
>>383927828
Balthier is the cool uncle.
>>
>>383927927
That works too. I just know Balthier's got a few daddy issues so I figured him seeing Vaan wanting to follow in his footsteps made him want to give Vaan the childhood he never had.
>>
>>383927828
>he could seem more of a brother figure.
Yep.
>>
>>383927758
Well shit if that's still true I'm not going to bother. I ain't fucking casting single target haste over and over. If that's the case I might go machinist on my white mage since they can get hastega with an esper but later on when it would actually matter and I can still use guns to do something between healslutting.
>>
>couldn't stand this game in 2006
>can't get enough of this game in 2017
>>
>>383924819
Yeah, they raise your magick power by 1 point whenever you take them. Same goes for battle lore, except they raise your strength.
>>
>>383928289
what is a lowered bar
>>
>going to save penelo
>get the whole "you won't be able to return blah blah blah for a while" spiel

I've done all the available hunts. Is there anything else I need to do before leaving Rabanaste?
>>
>>383928289
Well at some point between 2006 and 2017 you stopped having shit taste
>>
File: salim-condore-iv8.jpg (51KB, 531x421px) Image search: [Google]
salim-condore-iv8.jpg
51KB, 531x421px
>>383929016
You're good to go. Nothing else needs to be done.
>>
>>383929016
you can talk to that one guy who gives you the sunstone a bunch of times throughout the game at points.

there is that one viera who hangs around the market
>>
Rate my class selections
>>
Tell me if I'm fucking up with this:

Vaan: Shikari/Breaker
Balthier: Samurai/?
Fran: W-Mage/Machinist
Ashe: Knight/T-Mage
Basch: ??
Penelo: B-Mage/?

I also need recs for myyou empty spots, I've no idea.
>>
>>383893752
Are you baiting, trying to start a new meme or just retarded?
>>
>all this zodiac memeing

What's the problem with the original license board?
>>
>>383931448
Everyone just ended up as a super-god.
>>
>>383931448
It's more interesting. Plus you don't need to rush to quickenings to have a decent MP pool now either.
>>
>>383931448
Original license is basically the problem FFX has at end-game, except the whole game.
>>
>>383931448
I personally had no problem with it. It was nice being able to swap weapons around to see how each character looked and performed with them.
>>
>tfw 97% of the time my team consist of Fran, Ashe and Penelo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZF_ISU2Xg
>>
Butts.
>>
>>383932576
This remaster looks awful.
>>
File: ffxiifap.jpg (568KB, 2022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiifap.jpg
568KB, 2022x1094px
>>383932546
Its a good feel.
>>
>>383929489
time to restart
>>
Vaan redmage/archer
Penelo blackmage/machinist
Balthier Shikari/timemage
Fran breaker/kinght
Basch Monk/Uhlan
Ashe whitemage/bushi
>>
>>383930049
Balthier Samurai/Lancer
Basch Archer/Monk
Penelo Black/Red (for ardor)
>>
i love the aesthics of this game
>>
>>383933561
Try out tactics or 14 also then.
>>
>>383932991
machinist offers nothing to black mage save for x3 swiftness and hastega by the late late game
breaker+knight is redundant, both are tanks and use heavy armor, mix breaker with shikari for x3swiftness and armor/weapon variety
white mage/bushi is great for trash encounters but you'll need a white mage on hard bosses and samurai is beastly once you get genji gloves so you'll be missing out on that
>>
>>383927507
>>383927828
Balthier is supposed to be 22, not 30. He's still young but older than Vaan.
>>
How long until the game gets hard?
I'm currently in the airship after the mines and the game is too easy.
>>
>>383932680
The only thing I can complain about is some of the texture filtering, which makes some surface textures look to rounded and darkened in spots. Otherwise, the look is fantastic. The new lighting and surface lighting goes a long way.

In-game, that scene looked fine.
>>
>>383934364
a lot of the sidequests are what is difficult. Having recently played the game for ps2 I have noticed that the game feels easier.
>>
>>383932546

Me too, especially now that magic is good.

>Ashe - Shikari/White mage
She's tanky as fuck, block/dodging everything. She's quick with the dagger and does decent damage in between being a healslut.

>Fran - Monk/Black Mage
Her pole game is strong. She's got a pretty good dodge rate, and until I unlocked her second class, her HP dwarfed everyone elses.

>Penelo - Archer/Red mage

She's my jack of all trades, she provides backup healing and attack magic. Ardor + Burning Bow set up makes her as potent as Fran.

I see little reason to use the guys, but they're a pretty effective team themselves.

>Van - Knight/Time Mage
He's the male equivalent of Ashe, but he sacrifices some of her tankiness and healing potency for a little more attack and utility.

>Balthier - Samurai/Uhlan
Pure DPS

>Basch - Foebreaker/Machinist
Debuffer and damage dealer.
>>
>>383934364
Start running from battles then. It's just a matter of how strong you are vs your opponent. The game itself should is reasonably balanced, most players die on a few bosses unless they grinded.
>>
>>383934509
>In-game, that scene looked fine.
Clearly not.
>crushed blacks
>blur on everything
>massive letter box
>smeary looking bloom on vaan's shoulders
>>
>>383935110
>crushed blacks
Not that guy but color range is a system level setting on PS4. Most TVs use restricted.
>>
File: noooo way.png (90KB, 385x149px) Image search: [Google]
noooo way.png
90KB, 385x149px
>>383933943
>mfw older than balthier
Fuck.
>>
>Vaan - Shikari/Fobereaker
>Balthier - Uhlan/Time Mage
>Penelo - WHM/MCH
>Fran - RDM/ARC
>Basch - Knight/Bushi
>Ashe - BLM/MNK

I dare any one to find a better party lineup than this.
>>
How good is Balthier as a Red Battlemage?
>>
File: 5a8aff50.jpg (120KB, 960x1043px) Image search: [Google]
5a8aff50.jpg
120KB, 960x1043px
>>383935729
>I dare anyone to find a better party lineup than this one I copied from a guide
>>
Is Archer/RM and Monk/BM really that damn good compared to a pure caster combo of BM/RM?
>>
How would a Breaker/Machinist on Fran be? I have the rest of my party all figured out, but I want to try and use all the jobs, and this is only option left to fit in Machinist.
>>
>>383933765
not really going for what is best just what i think sounds fun. I'm mixing breaker/knight for extra shield block, i want penelo to us gun with her magic, and will have ashe mainly uses whitemagic with the katana as extra damage for fun
>>
>>383935892
Pls respond
>>
File: 1489725577686.jpg (391KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489725577686.jpg
391KB, 1014x1024px
>want collectors edition
>poorfag
>>
File: 00001.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
00001.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
>>383891996
Chill...
>>
>>383933356
Penelo is obvious, but what's the reasoning behind basch and balthier? I'm not going for the 12 jobs run, myself, so I don't really need to have every job represented.
>>
>>383935989

Red mage and Black Mage are really redundant.

Rather than having one super strong spell caster, you can have one plus jack of all trades backup healer with a super strong spell.

Now that there's no limit to on screen spells, it's way better to have more than one competent spellcaster.
>>
>>383891996
Rate me.
Monk/foebreaker
Blackmage/whitemage
Bushi/redmage
Shikari/timemage
Knight/machinist
Archer/uhlan
>>
File: Cid.png (4MB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cid.png
4MB, 1916x1080px
How can i have my own harem?
>>
God damnit
Is Balthier a good Red Mage or not?
>>
>>383937475

Samurai Lancer Balthier gives 3x quickening without esper and it gives Samurai the strength boosts and heavy armor it so desperately needs. Balthier is also tied for quickest katana user and he's the fastest spear user for combos.

Monk and archer gets 3x quickenings without esper, but at a glance the pairing has weak synergy. Monk and Archer are better paired with magical vocations than with each other.
>>
>>383938027
minor hover hand kind of ruins it.
>>
>>383937754
Guess that's true. Didn't think about it that way.
>>
>>383938454

Low total MP score, Low magic score, and he's slow as fuck with maces. No, He's abysmal. The game isn't so hard that any of this should matter, but if your goal is min/max then keep Balthier as far away from magic as possible. The only male decent at magic is Vaan because of his ubermesch stats.
>>
>>383939161
Alright then.
>>
>>383933694
what i love is the middle eastern touch of the game like persian or iranian if this is a word
>>
>Dude what if we made literally half the cast be inconsequential to the story
>Dude what if we made multiple cutscenes where the main character has no idea what's going on and just stands in the background while people who matter speak
>Dude what if we made a character who's literally just a random girl off the street with no important qualities outside of an extremely large ass
>Dude what if we made a character with an interesting and nuanced backstory and then only let the player use him in one dungeon, at the end of which he dies
>Dude what if we made a villain who has zero emotional connection to the heroes and doesn't even meet them until the last ten minutes
>Dude what if we took an established setting with a million interesting species and then only included humans and bunny humans as playable characters
>Dude what if we gave the narrator a comical Apu accent
>Dude what if we made a complicated political plot and then ruined it by turning it into standard ancient god shenanigans halfway through
>Dude what if we made a plot where the heroes have almost no impact on what happens until 95% of the way through the story, and they spend their time tromping from one ancient temple to the next
>Dude what if we took everything 100% seriously and had zero levity outside of Balthier and Cid
>Dude what if we wrote all of the dialogue to sound like a Renaissance Fair
>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals
>Dude what if we made a battle system where you set everything up in advance so that you don't actually play the game
>Dude what if we made a level-up system where all of the characters become literally identical in function
>Dude what if we made summons useless except for opening doors
>Dude what if we put all of the interesting and unique content in sidequests
>Dude what if instead of having fun side games like the motorcycle chase and Triple Triad we had nothing
>Dude what if we had really shitty music
>>
>>383938775
Makes sense on Balthier, but that last comment leaves me a bit lost on Basch. Monk is a good fit, and now I want to put him as a second mage but I know that he's probably the worst mage ever. What could I fit in there?
>>
>>383937754
What would you do for white mage? This is the one I'm stuck on the most. Time mage seems like too much work for one class so I was thinking a physical class for white mage would be better so they're not so bogged down and can contribute to combat when heals are not needed.
>>
>>383939290
He's suppose to be your view into the world. You also don't know shit about What s going on.
>>
>>383939290
I don't think this much effort should be put into a post
>>
>>383937834
Anyone?
>>
>>383901913
Fran is arguably the worst archer, but it's not like it really matters
>>
>>383939603
>implying he put effort into it.

Half of it is retarded and the other half is....well actually semi-valid.
>>
>>383939603
>>383939489
Its pasta.
>>
I want this game so bad
>>
>>383939275

byzantine architecture?
>>
>>383939475

Shikari + White make is great. Daggers + Shields give a huge dodge rate so they can do some physical damage without endangering themselves. Daggers look like short swords in this game so you will feel like a godly paladin when undeads are around.

Machinist + White mage is a good choice because the damage is static and ignores defenses. You can set your white mage to attack the farthest enemy so they will keep their distance and almost never get hit.
>>
>>383940056
Well that shit aint al dente
>>
>>383940774
Shit sorry meant for
>>383939992
>>
>>383939290
Dang I hope this is pasta because if you took the time to write that out, you really ought to examine how you spend your time.
>>
So now you faggots appreciate this gem? where were you 10 years ago?
>>
I'm rocking a
Vaan: Bushi/Monk
Penelo: Black Mage/ Shikari
Balthier: Machinist/ White Mage
Fran: Uhlan/ Time Mage
Basch: Knight/ breaker
Ashe: red mage/archer
I am using Vaan, Fran and Ashe. They are KILLING it. I have Fran and Ashe use their bows, and Vaan use his katanas. I am killing everything so nicely. Im at like level 35 with those 3. However, Basch is like lvl 20, and Balthier and Penelo are level 12.
I feel bad that Balthier is that low. But oh well.
>>
>Vaan - Bushi (samurai)
>Balthier - Monk
>Fran - Time Mage
>Basch - Archer
>Penelo - Lancer

Stuck on Ashe. Can't Decide on Red Mage or Black Mage.
>>
>>383931448
It actually took options away to give each character less.

TES fans have been begging for the same thing. They want to role play better by being shit at anything they aren't specialized in.

Under the original system all the characters eventually become a jack of all trades sort of thing. They should have allowed the option for both imo. Those who want to nerf themselves for more of a "challenge" and those who prefer the original board.
>>
File: allhailmatsuno.jpg (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
allhailmatsuno.jpg
1MB, 3000x3000px
>>383941768
>now
Pretty sure I've been annoying people with my rankings for years now. My only complaint is the subtitle letterbox. Everything else looks, sounds, and plays perfectly for me.
>>
>>383925078
Ashe: Samurai / Time mage
>>
>>383941843

Time mage and machinist ain't the same job? Fuck.
>>
File: 1454221126787.png (241KB, 726x477px) Image search: [Google]
1454221126787.png
241KB, 726x477px
>have an amazingly rich world full of interesting races
>5/6 party members are human
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
>>
>tfw you dont have a ps4

I just want to play my favourite game in HD :(
>>
>>383940397
>stick on a Main Gauche for 34 parry for good measure

>>383931448
People didn't know how to have fun with it, so they went for generic shit for all of their characters and made them all the same. The argument that "everyone was the same" is kind of stupid because even excluding skills and the fact that said scenario is only relevant end-game, gambits and equipment determine what a character does. If you make everyone the same, that's on you. All TZA does is create concrete barriers to force people out of that (or at least discourage them from it); players always had the option to do it themselves.

>>383942613
>Those who want to nerf themselves for more of a "challenge" and those who prefer the original board.
You have it the other way around. Those who "want to nerf themselves for a challenge" did it with the original board. People who don't do it themselves need to be forced into limitations. For example, do you think 112233 autists have an issue with the original board? Those sort of people don't grind, they set limitations on themselves, have a certain goal in mind, and feel rewarded when they achieve it.
>>
>>383944636

If only the other weapons were as good as the endgame greatswords, this wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>383944572
PCSX2
>>
Can you combine Whitemage with Uhlan or rather put that together with Shik and maybe Monk with Uhlan?
>>
>>383891996
I haven't played this yet. Did they fix the audio?
>>
>>383947324
No it's ironically worse now.
>>
>>383947597
The fuck? Are you kidding me?
>>
>>383947597
how so
>>
>>383947324
>>383947710
It's uncompressed so it sounds way better now
>>
>>383947597
Aside from the voices sometimes, it sounds good to me.
>>
Guys, I made Balthier a machinist, what do I pick for his second class? White mage?
>>
>>383947324
<4GB for PS2
40GB+ for PS4

Yeah, it's a little better than the original.
>>
Am I the only one that prefers Basch with his beard on?
>>
I've heard good things about Knight/Bushi, but what about Knight/Breaker?
>>
>>383948101

Balthier is literally built for close range DPS with fast weapon animations rivaling Basch.

You cut off one of his nuts by making him machinist. The only way you can save him is making his next job Uhlan.
>>
>>383948014
It isn't.

>>383947710
They boosted the volume according to videos I've seen.
>>
>>383948421

No utility. You're mixing two tanks together rather than drawin out the latent healing powers of Knight.
>>
So this is IZJS in HD right?
>>
did it aged well?
>>
>>383949997
No its Zodiac Age silly. Seriously though, they let you use two jobs and effect capacity isn't an issue anymore. We got 4x speed now, a map overlay and some other shit I forgot.
>>
>>383950216
Oh fuck then I'll just get this then.
>>
>>383949997
It's IZJS on steroids
>>
>>383949997
Basically IZJS [FINAL MIX], Bells and whistles on top of bells and whistles. I've been emulating IZJS for almost a decade and this is definitely definitively the best way to play the best game ever.
>>
>Kato: The thing about the original game is that it was fully optimized to make the fullest use of the PlayStation 2 hardware. This time again, we decided that, in the same way, we would use the PlayStation 4 hardware and optimize everything to work really well with it. For the time being, we’re quite happy keeping it for the PS4. We think everyone should buy one to play this game!
rip pc version
>>
>>383950545
They're not going to cannibalize first-run sales by announcing an easier-pirateable version the same week it initially comes out. 8-12 months and I guarantee it'll be on Steam. I am personally glad I don't have to wait though.
>>
Is it worth $65 canadabucks?

12 is the only non MMO 3D FF I haven't played yet.
>>
>>383950781
The story is Shakespeare x Star Wars. The gameplay is halfway between VII and XV. IX was FF looking backwards fondly, XII was FF looking forward hopefully.
>>
>>383950781
>Is it worth $65 canadabucks?
Are you sure you can't find it cheaper? I bought for 30 euro
>>
>>383951548
i bought it*
and ot answer you question, no any remaster is not worth this price.
>>
File: 1434341867760.gif (2MB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
1434341867760.gif
2MB, 200x293px
>get Balthier and Fran
>that piss poor amount of damage that Balthier's gun does for the time it takes to actually shoot it
>>
>>383952198
I really don't understand guns. I get they pierce, but it doesn't seem worth it at all. What advantage do they really have over everything else?
>>
>>383952342
What do you mean they pierce? Like they can hit multiple enemies? I've never played this game before.
>>
>>383929489
Why would you do this?
>>
>>383951641
but if I've never played it before it's not a remaster to me. As a brand new game is it worth the price?
>>
>>383952434
They're supposed to ignore defense.
>>
>>383952434
They negate an enemy's defense or evasion or something along those lines.
>>
>>383952434
They ignore the enemy's defense stat. Most other weapons have to take into account the defense in damage calculation. Also, guns can't miss/be blocked/whatever. The downside is some enemies just have natural resistance to guns, they're really fucking slow, and it takes a lot of preparation to make them do more than their set damage.
>>
>>383950430
>and this is definitely definitively the best way to play the best game ever.
Except that it looks worse, loading is longer, you have no mods, and you can't play as fast.
>>
Here's what I have so far:
Vaan:Monk
Penelo: White Mage
Balthier: Shikari
Fran: Foebreaker
Basch: Uhlan
Planning to make Ashe Red Battlemage. Should it not be that? What are good secondaries for each?
>>
>>383902147
The old testament is full of shit like this, where innocents caught in the crossfire are punished, just and unjust alike. It's really disturbing and unfair, and either shows the limits of the gods and their abilities, or their disinterest in those that aren't like them.
>>
>>383909129
Holy shit really??????? There is a god
>>
>>383953106
>it looks worse
>loading is longer
only if you've got a good rig to flaunt 4kres at 60fps
>no mods
nude mods? cheats? little jimmy's super saiyan hair mod for Vaan?
>can't play as fast
IZJS only runs at 2x, ZA allows 4x
>inb4 but muh emulator runs at 2048x
>>
>>383950936
>XII was FF looking forward hopefully.
Way to make thing depressing anon
>>
Are you forced to use any party members other than near the start of the game?
I want to get rid of can as soon as possible and never use him ever again
>>
>>383953442
>IZJS only runs at 2x, ZA allows 4x
Uncap your FPS with 2x speed and you get something like 8x speed.
>>
>>383953442
To be fair a mod that actually adds a map to the Great Crystal would be fantastic. Unless this new version does that already.
>>
damn the new soundtrack is fucking good, I was afraid they would fuck it up
>>
>>383953514
there's a point where all this speed starts fucking up gameplay, I barely use 4x
>>
>>383953617
No there isn't. You only ever need inputs during bosses so you can just toggle it then.
>>
>>383953593
wasn't there an interview where they stated they merely "fixed" the orchestral soundtrack by replacing synth instruments with real ones?
there are just a few new songs mixed in, the rest is based on the old version
>>
>>383953461
I assume you mean Vaan. The party is a revolving door up until the mines. You spend the most time with Fran and Balthier, and then you get Basch after you make it back to Rabanastre and then they return. You still have quite a ways to go until you can bench him.
>>
>>383917791
>>383918429
>Uhlan

And here I was reading the gamefaqs posts too, then playing the game (in spanish) and looking at the job names and I had no fucking idea what Uhlan was until I omitted the obvious ones.

It looks like they left Bushi as Samurai and Uhlan as Lancer.
>>
>>383953783
There is the remastered soundtrack which utilizes the original masters, and then the "reorchestrated track" which I assume does what you're talking about. Either can be selected at any point in the game through the options menu.
>>
>>383953925
what about that soundtrack DLC that comes with the limited edition?
>>
>>383954014
I'm fairly certain that's the Reorchestrated version, but might be both.

I've been switching back and forth during the game and the reorchestrated version is slick as fuck and sounds really good, but my nostalgia boner is through the roof on the remastered original OST.
>>
>>383954178
but the regular game already comes with two options, that makes the DLC a third one
>>
What job goes with Breaker? Who job combo should use the Zodiac spear?
>>
>>383954276
I didn't get the limited edition, but I'm fairly certain I read the DLC code is FLAC tracks of one of the two for use outside of the game, not a 3rd in-game track.
>>
>>383954412
It's a third in-game track.
>>
>>383954358
make Balthier a breaker / hunter
Fran as time mage / uhlan so she can have the zodiac spear and some buffs like Bubble
>>
>>383954547
>>383954276
OK, so the DLC code is for the original, non-remastered soundtrack.
>https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75358434
>>
God dammit the white mousse room is so cancerous for lower levels.

>Doing well
>suddenly lol elemental :^)
>and fran decided to just move to the center of the room for some reason and aggro two malboros 20 levels higher than me

fml
>>
>>383954702
ah, so it's the old synth orchestra from PS2
great for nostalgia
>>
>>383954702
Yep, I'm pretty sure it's the original soundtrack, not the in-game one but the cd one or whatever you want to call it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AWeApcrKV4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdNvRFRV4SI
This guys has already finished the game with all espers and Yazmat. What the fuck?
>>
>>383954891
https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/404023/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-limited-edition-ps4
>unlock Original Soundtrack Background Music in-game
yes, it's the in-game one from the ps2 version
>>
>>383921147
The trophy is her freaking out in sprite form. Who knew a sprite could be so hot?
>>
>>383954993
Because some people know XII like the back of their hand
>>
>>383954850
I mean, the standard remastered OST in the game is the synth orchestra too, just remixed and cleaned up. Not re-recorded like the second standard-game track.
>>
>>383954993
He got the game earlier.
>>
>>383955112
>just remixed and cleaned up
that's the thing, the dlc is not based off the cleaned tracks from the OST, but the ingame compressed soundtrack from PS2
there are some tracks like Barheim Passage that feel different from PS2 and the old OST on Youtube
>>
So does that black letterboxing only appear when you have subs on, or is it just constant?
>>
I'm about to play this for the first time. Rather than min-maxing with autistic Gamefaqs guides, I just want to pick jobs that feel appropriate for each character based on their personality and skillsets in the story. As long as I apply a bit of common game-sense to this (get a White Mage, don't make a team full of tanks with no one to do damage, etc.) that'll be fine, right? There's no content that requires some perfect min-max setup, I hope.

Also I hear the game shits itself in the second half storywise, but considering XV is still fresh in my memory, it probably won't seem as bad in comparison.
>>
I'm following the same zodiac guide I did before. I'm at the barheim passage (before I go to the tribe of whatever they are..) and I'm about level 31. I'm supposed to fight Zalera according to the guide, but I don't think I can do it.

Having a lot of fun. I just followed the gamefaqs reccommended classes like last time, with the stealing white mage tank and monk tank, and then the second classes are going to be the "ultimate pain" jobs.
>>
>>383955673

constant
>>
>>383956129
no problem, but since you can pick two jobs per character and most of them don't particularly fit anyone, you can still pick canon roles and still make a decent minmax setup

Breaker/Hunter (Balthier won't necessarily wield guns but he's a former judge anyway so he can use anything he wants)
White Mage/Machinist (Penelo as the cute healer waifu)
Samurai/Knight (Basch obviously)
Black Mage/Monk (Vaan's abs sure make him look fot enough for a Monk class, also his Firefox quickening matches the black magic affinity)
Time Mage/Uhlan (Fran wielding spears as it fits her due to her exotic appearance and size)
Red Mage/Archer (Ashe, can wield short swords like in the cutscenes)
>>
>>383956129

the general rule of thumb with pairing jobs is to pair jobs that cover a weakness of the other.

Like the Knight class only has one swiftness augment so you'd pair that with a class that gets all 3 of them.

Or pairing black or white mage with a job that gets you more HP augments since they get very few or even have some locked behind espers
Thread posts: 504
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.