[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Empires 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: aoe3.jpg (80KB, 695x530px) Image search: [Google]
aoe3.jpg
80KB, 695x530px
Why don't people like aoe3? It's a good game, and lets you try out weird strategies that are still competitively viable. Are they just butthurt that it wasn't a reskined aoe2?
>>
>>383889893
But people *did* like aoe3?
It's been a long time.
>>
>>383890203
That's AOE 2 you fukin retard
>>
>>383889893
Because it wasn't 2.
>>
>>383890278
but we wuz in 3 too
>>
What's your favorite civ?
>>
>>383890464
Japan
>>
>>383890464
Vikings
>>
https://majornelson.com/2017/07/13/xbox-at-gamescom-2017/
>Age of Empires @ gamescom Live

>On Monday, August 21, starting at 9:00pm CEST, 12:00pm PDT, Microsoft will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Age of Empires franchise with a special livestream event in Cologne, alongside some of our biggest fans. The livestream will celebrate the rich history of the beloved PC game series, as well as give fans a first-look at Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, the beautifully remastered edition of this bona fide classic we announced at E3 last month. We’ll be talking all things Age of Empires with some of the legendary developers who worked on the games as well as sharing some exciting news that fans will not want to miss – watch on mixer.com or through the mixer app.

>We’ll share more details on how you can attend in person very soon.

AOE4?
>>
I had loads of fun in this game playing with my friends.Singleplayer is infinitely comfy as well and you can level up by fighting skirmishes and gain new bonuses and shipments. Great soundtrack too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX9nkcSTekI
>>
>>383890464
France
>>
>>383889893
I used to play starcraft on a very competitive level. When you take the same timings and playstyles to aoe3 you find very quickly that the game is super fucking broken.
>>
>>383889893
>Why don't people like aoe3?

The same reason they didn't like AoM for.
It's not "AoE2, but marginally prettier".

Game has its flaws of course, but all games in the series do.
>>
>>383889893
AoE2 was too good.
>>
>>383890818
they hinted it at the PC gaming show
>>
good game but not good aoe game ;)))
>>
>>383889893
> It's a good game
Yes, but not even remotely as good as the predecessor, and they tried to focus on a "story" and it sucked, so their main focus for the title was a failure.
>>
Card game in the background. In AoE2, every match starts with a predetermined civ that is the same every time.

In AoE3, due to card loadouts, each and every civ can be very different from game to game.
This is incredibly hard to balance, and makes the meta-game of selecting card loadouts more important for winning games than in game RTS-skills.

AoE2 still has a strong competitive community which has outlived both AoM and AoE3 and all other games in the genre except for Starcraft series.

>http://kotaku.com/5759801/developer-age-of-empires-3-was-a-huge-mistake
>>
>>383890464
>AoE3
Germans and Brits
>AoE2
Teut and Chinks
>>
Cant tower spam
>>
>>383889893
Shame this is my first aoe i tried, i went to play 2 but call me a faggot, it bored me in a few minutes in game. Ive got a lot on my backlog to even care.
>>
>>383891409
it's a huge fucking red-flag when people tell you they didn't like AoM
>>
>>383890464
Portuguese for their brrrrt guns
>>
>>383891409
never got gud in AoM but it´s a great game. Shame that the hd version and new expansion were a mess
>>
>>383890464
Spanish. tons of options and everyone loves to have the team bonus
>>
>>383889893
It's a great game, and personally I feel it aged really well.

I like II more (III has the better soundtrack tho). But I play both.
>>
File: 2.jpg (25KB, 380x228px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
25KB, 380x228px
>>383890818
I'll take ANYTHING.

More civs for 2? A new expansion for 3? Finally putting effort on Mythologies? New stuff for the coming 1 re-re-re-remake?

Microsoft has to try really hard to let me down with this (but I feel they'll find a way).
>>
>>383895161
It's gonna be some shitty android version of some game, i can promise you. Or switch.
>>
>>383890464
V with BNW
>>
>>383894230
Was the expansion bad? I'm not particularly interested in the new civ but thought it might be that I don't play as much aom, I can't pinpoint anything bad about it. Seems like an average civ. They added some promotional messages in the unexpanded game though which sucked
>>
>>383889893
Too diffrent from 2.
>>
>>383889893
i had both expansions. I always played 5v3 comp stomp. It was wild. The ai would cheat so much you had to huddle together and build a bunch of walls until your were all maxed out
>>
>>383895767
I talk from what I´ve heard in the community and the mosly negative reviews of steam. I don´t have any personal experience with the expansion myself
anything that microsoft touches these days seems to go to shit pretty quickly, we´ll have to see how theAoE1 remaster goes
>>
>>383889893
One of the things I really hated was this card system. Especially since you couldn't build Town centres, Castles and Towers because of it and instead were limited in that because of the cards.

Apart from that, it's not too bad. I just prefer AoE II, that's all
>>
>>383896418
Yeah, I hear that reaction a lot. It seems exaggerated to me. It was always going to be aom with a new civ, they made the new civ, you can play it on random maps, works on my computer. shrugs
>>
>>383890818
yes, and windows 10 only ;)
>>
>>383896418
Wait, what's the difference to the original? Isn't it close to a carbon copy except with newer water effects or something? And the same case with AoE2, the only new thing being 16:9 aspect ratio?

I'm just presuming, correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>383895231
I doubt it http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/bill-gates-jokes-about-new-age-of-empires-from-microsoft-2017-6/
>>
>>383898616
Is this supposed to be new? They aren't supported 7 anymore outside security update.
>>
>>383890818
I hope it's AOM2 with atleast 5 civilizations and more ages.
>>
>>383898693
There is a chinese civ, that's pretty much it
>>
>>383895767
I haven't played AoM in a while so take this with a grain of salt. The Atlanteans were fairly cool on their own, they had nice units (especially the myth ones) and some interesting mechanics like how their scouting and heroes worked.

Problem I had was the settler/eco units were boring and slightly OP(?) compared to the other civs. Greeks had the classic AoE drop off, Egyptians were a cheaper version, Vikings had oxcarts and dwarf/gatherer ratios and Atlanteans had slow tank villagers with no drop off point. The other issue is that they're too similar to the Greeks. You have three civs frim completely different backrounds and cultures and then one that's just powered up greeks. I guess they kinda just disapointing. I remember the titan units themselves being kinda wonky but it's a nice twist on the wonder mechanic.

I need to replay some AoM.
>>
File: 2527325-14448421.jpg (120KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2527325-14448421.jpg
120KB, 500x375px
>>383890818
Happening
>>
>>383900953
>picture from 7 years ago
>>
>>383892691
Age of Empires 3 has an active competitive community. Look up "ESOC" on YouTube.
>>
>>383900507
I believe most of the issues with Mythologies seems to come from the new expansion. A lot of people got pissed because the new civ (I'm quoting here because I haven't touched it) "re uses a lot of Age of empires 3 assets (including voices), the ones who aren't re used look like shit and overall it feels pretty lazy". I'm sure there were other complains but those were the more poignant when I checked around release day.

I know there were threads on this board about it and a lot of posting saying it wasn't as good as KANGS.
>>
File: 1471345684280.jpg (31KB, 624x184px) Image search: [Google]
1471345684280.jpg
31KB, 624x184px
tfw you defeat 7 hardest difficulty bots solo in AoE2
>>
>>383894335
So FF.. k..

i play without going FF as Spain, or try too anyway.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.