[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

justify this as good game design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: anal.jpg (15KB, 137x259px) Image search: [Google]
anal.jpg
15KB, 137x259px
justify this as good game design
>>
makes plebs like you mad as hell.
>>
casual filter
>>
It gives a fortress a feeling of impossibility from a game world perspective as the front doors are sealed shut, the only way in to run up the side of the building while elite guards pound you with T-rex cock sized arrows. It just adds another feeling of dread component to the game as a whole.
>>
>>383889557
Every build has a way around them
>>
>>383889557
Archers were just an annoyance up to this point. I never considered an archer type enemy as a threat. These guys changed this perception.
>>
They can't hit you unless you stay still like a bloddy idiot
>>
>>383889885
>Every build has a way around them
Yea, it's called ''pressing the dodge button''. Seriously, this isn't even hard, and I suck at video games.
>>
>>383890148
>run up to the right enemy
>start slashing
>The archer to the left is still firing turbo arrows at you
>one hits you
>knocks you off the ledge

repeat ad nauseam
>>
>>383889557
The only bad thing is that forgot to make that one wall solid so when you walk to the tower with the demons the left archer can shoot at you straight through the wall.
>>
>>383890270
>start slashing

there's your problem
>>
>>383890270
or you can
>run right
>archer swaps to sword
>parry him
>animation prevents left arrow knight to hit you
>right knigt falls off
>go left and repeat to take the hero soul
>>
>>383890270

Dark Souls is not a hack and slash.
>>
>>383889557
"Fuck you" -Fromsoft

That's literally it.
>>
>>383890226
It's not even that. You can shield/poise through them, you can use magic/your own arrows. And yes, you can dodge them. There are multiple ways around them. That's what makes it good design as opposed to "okay"
>>
>>383890270
Run left, go down the path to the left, archer cant hit you because a tower is blocking, other one is chasing you because you are at cqc, kill him, go for other one.
If you cant do this you are retarded
>>
>>383890270
The pillar is in the way of the left archer when you get close to the right one.
>>
File: kalameet exercising his back.jpg (572KB, 1689x950px) Image search: [Google]
kalameet exercising his back.jpg
572KB, 1689x950px
>>383889557
It was somewhat challenging and fun. If I remember right you don't even have to dodge roll or block any arrows if you sprint at right times. Even if you are too retarded to get through the first time you should have the decency to not expect instant gratification and enjoy the opportunity to genuinely git gud.
>>
I never understood this meme
I thought it was just a nice unique encounter, the only challenge came from me sucking at parrying not the arrows
>>
>>383890910
I certainly got gud at running having to repeat the same 2 minute walk every attempt
>>
>>383890997
stop bein so shit that you can't dodge a slow ass arrow
>>
>>383890270
the left archer literally can't hit you while you're fighting the right archer

so either a) you camped for a minute and let them reposition or b) you refused to fight the archer on the ledge and backtracked like a pussy and got shot from behind.

I've never seen anyone die to the archers unless it was their very first playthrough of the game.
>>
>>383890997
>>383890997
You know there is litterally a "Dont get hit by the arrows" button right? On consoles its even the same button as running so you should be able to handle it, its more convenient even because you just tap it instead of needing to hold it
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.