[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Open world game >He uses fast travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: 1499519091822.jpg (76KB, 606x453px) Image search: [Google]
1499519091822.jpg
76KB, 606x453px
>Open world game
>He uses fast travel
>>
My time is next to worthless, but even I would rather do something in 5 seconds rather than 20 minutes.
>>
File: ad.jpg (29KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
ad.jpg
29KB, 300x260px
>Open world games
>>
>>383889106
xbox controller left stick is awkwardly placed and i dont like holding it up for long periods of time
wish ps3/ps4 controllers had native support like xbone in windows so you dont have to fuck around with 3rd party shit
>>
NOW
>>
>>383889106
F*CK YOU
I'll use whatever I like because it's a game mechanic.
F*CK YOU elitist motherflocker
>>
File: 1493279854274.jpg (58KB, 516x999px) Image search: [Google]
1493279854274.jpg
58KB, 516x999px
>>383889106
Man, I feel like playing something open world now. But oblivions mods are such a hassle, even though it have done great quests.
Skyrim is flat out bad and boring, and goes for fallout 4.
I've already played NW too much, that goes for dragons dogma too.
>>
>>383889406
WHERE
>>
Skyrim and Oblivion are built around fast travel
>>
>>383889610
Witcher 3 fool
>>
>accept quest in new jersey
>need to deliver to upstate new york
>expecting me to walk there instead of eating a loading screen
>>
>>383889848
IS
>>
>>383889291

>Download one program
>Easy install
>PS3/4 controllers now work with zero problems

Fuck that 3rd party bullshit.
>>
Not my fault if an open world game is designed to be so utterly devoid of activity between locations, that fast traveling is more interesting than walking through it.
>>
>>383890204
MY
>>
>>383890923
SUPER SUIT
>>
>>383889106
Not everyone has 10 hours a day to play anon.
>>
>>383889106
I can't help it mgsv's open world is boring to traverse
>>
Literally the only game I've never used fast travel in was RDR. Love traveling in that game.
>>
I wanna turn a quest in an drop gear, amd dont want to get sidetracked like I always do.
>>
>>383889291
>xbox controller left stick is awkwardly placed
No, it's perfectly placed. Simmetrical sticks are fucked.
>>
Using ten+ minutes to walk between the same places multiple times is boring as fuck.

It's like if you are forced to play the same level over and over agains, especially if you meet the same enemies in the same places every time
>>
>>383889291
The problem is that they designed the controller for humans and not 75iq neanderthal degenerates like you.
>>
>>383889291
What does this have to do with the OP?
>>
Limited fast travel is the best

I liked how Far Cry 2 made you take the bus between specific stops as a shortcut
>>
File: maria.jpg (59KB, 340x700px) Image search: [Google]
maria.jpg
59KB, 340x700px
>>383891225
I don't mind if there's a LITTLE bit of exploration room between Fast Travel points. It makes sense that I have to walk into town and gives me the opportunity to get rid of vendor trash and turn in sidequests if I need to, or even just stop somewhere and hit up a shop.

But no matter how fun the movement in a game is, even if it's pic-related and I'm playing a Richter run, I'm going to get fucking sick and tired of dealing with the same enemies and obstacles for the seventeeth fucking time.

The only game I wouldn't fast-travel in is the new Spider-Man game coming out if the webslinging is as entertaining as Spider-Man 2's and I can get across New York in ten minutes or less with him if I'm doing it right.
>>
>>383890972
WHAT?
>>
Their fault for making the travel distances several hours long at best and without any interesting content
>>
>>383891750
I
>>
>>383891884
AVRAM DAHB SINGH SAHIB
>>
I force my own morrowindy fast travel system into f:NV

I can only fast travel from certain areas to other certain areas. Camp mccarren is like a hub, I imagine they have a few working military flatbed trucks that occasionally go up and down the highway, transporting troops and supplies to that outpost with the big handshake statue. It doesn't "break my immersion" during the loadscreen I imagine a safe NCR convoy scattering small groups of raiders and creatures. Merchants hop on if there is room. Also I imagine that motorcycle in good springs works and easy Pete will give you a lift for some dynamite all the way to the police station. If I'm in the middle of nowhere I'm fucked tho and have to trek it.
>>
Has anyone ever played gtav with the GPS turned off and learned the city by heart? I have its the superior way to play
>>
>>383893145
Embrace the autism.

That actually makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>383894510
I did that with San Andreas and I basically have the whole city memorized by heart.
>>
>>383889975
Skyrim is only in the second half of your playthrough when you've been everywhere but Oblivion is literally from the start
>>
>>383894643
The map is the perfect size for only allowing a few fast travel points. Having to pay the NCR to travel safe and fast would be great, I need more things to spend money on
>>
>>383889106
Depends on the scale of the world. I rarely used fast travel in Arkham Knight. But I also unironically liked driving the batmobile. But now some games like... I dont know. Dark Souls? Any of them. Later in the game the amount of travelling you need to do just would turn into tedious waste of time if there was no bonfire warping.
>>
>>383889106
Nigga, I have to do stuff around the house AND get at least a bit of sleep so I cam actually work the next day. I can't spend hours on end playing like a carefree NEET.

You think these games are for casual "kiddies" when they're mostly for married guys with jobs which are big part of the demographic.
>>
>>383893145
Someone needs to mod this fast travel system in. How would it work if you were part of the legion? Which locations could they travel to without always exploding into battle? I'd imagine they would use slave powered, makeshift chariots and throw spears at anyone trying to get in their way
>>
>>383895409
so its shit-tier level-design
>>
>>383889106
I don't have unlimited time.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.