[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Contrarian thread. Post games that you love, that most people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 375
Thread images: 56

File: tactics.jpg (142KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tactics.jpg
142KB, 1024x768px
Contrarian thread.
Post games that you love, that most people hated.

I'll start with my favorite Fallout game - Tactics.
>>
Fallout Tactics was dope as fuck. I really don't understand the hate it gets.
>>
It was a pretty good tactics game (that happened to be set in the fallout universe). Just a bad Fallout game. People are idiots, what can you do.
>>
I like Borderlands 2 over the first one and Enthusia over Gran Turismo 4
>>
>>383884228
>Enthusia
Can you drive actual market cars that you see on the street in that one?
>>
File: Far Cry.jpg (165KB, 624x499px) Image search: [Google]
Far Cry.jpg
165KB, 624x499px
>>383884078
Picrelated is my favorite FPS ever.

>>383884146
>I really don't understand the hate it gets.
People wanted more Fallout RPGs and they got a tactical game spin-off.

>>383884228
>I like Borderlands 2 over the first one
Most people outside of /v/ do.
>>
File: alphaprotocol.jpg (38KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
alphaprotocol.jpg
38KB, 460x215px
>>383884146
It wasn't Fallout 3.
>>
>>383884308
But F3 fucks also?
>>
Fable 3
The only thing I thought was wrong with it was the equipment menu. Everything else felt exactly the same as it did in Fable 2 or better.
>>
>>383884078
It's a good game. The hate comes from people thinking it's a Fallout 3 game.

I played 1 and 2 on release. Played Tactics on release also and was extremely disappointed. I came back for it a few years later and enjoyed it a lot.
>>
>>383884368
>menu is an entirely new zone separated with a loading screen

Who THE FUCK thought this was good?
Was this tested for even five minutes?
>>
>>383884301
I really liked the first few levels of Far Cry. Then the monsters started showing up and I dropped the game. I was really enjoying sneakan through the jungle and killin' mercs, wasn't ready for the change up. Replaying it now, gonna try and stick with it.
>>
>>383884426
The Fallout Tactics demo I got with some gaming magazine CD was my first Fallout, I ended up playing it first, then the RPG games, and I liked both approaches.
I remember playing Fallout 1, thinking that any moment now I will be given the rest of my team to command, and was guessing at which part of the story that will happen.
>>
>>383884459
>sneakan through the jungle and killin' mercs

I still don't know if the enemies have some sight system, and if hiding in the plants actually helps you sneak.
I thought it did while I played, it was great for immersion, but its probably just a Skyrim tier detection system now that I think about it.

I am too cynical to enjoy things, too aware of mechanics. RIP fun.
>>
>>383884459
The monkeys' lunge can be dodged if you strafe. Backpedaling is less useful because their melee has pretty ridiculous range. Shotgun is your friend. There's going to be all-merc levels even after the mutant introduction.

>>383884571
Grass doesn't do shit. Solid plants, trees etc. help. You can actually sit in a bush and kill people with MP5SD and they won't even know where to return fire.
>>
>>383884297
Yeah, that is what you drive until you get to endgame where its racecars only. You can emulate it on a toaster too, unlike GT4
>>
>>383884345
Eh?

Fallout 3 was also not Fallout 3. It really was Oblivion with guns.
>>
File: 1474979746340.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1474979746340.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>383884078
Fallout Tactics was the best version of the the Fallout world. Best Fallout graphics (old style, but higher resolution). Best (most edgy) power armor.
>>
>>383884146
Its not very friendly to fallout lore. Thats about it from what i can tell.
>>
>>383884715
it has the best lore anon, it went the opposite direction of Bethesda Fallout. Towards Wasteland and away from "lel goofy 1950s everyones got bottle caps and seemingly oblivious to reality stuck in some sort of cognitive dissonance"
>>
>>383884713
Mewtwo armor a shit. T51-b best armor.
>>
>>383884715
It wasn't open world, you had set maps for each missions. I kinda liked it for the gameplay if nothing else.
>>
>>383884715
Fallout lore is goofy and silly, it tried to take it more seriously. Some sacrifices were obviously required.
>>
>>383884146
SPECIAL's combat isn't interesting, the early game is RNG hell in a way that's really fucking annoying to deal with, and when it comes to the genre, it's blatantly inferior to games that came before it. I'd rather play JA1 and that game is about as low as I'll go while still considering a game good.
>>
>>383884785
>Talking deathclaws like it was a normal thing.
>>
Dirge of Cerberus.
>>
>>383884842
>it tried to take it more seriously
By reintroducing talking deathclaws, but making them hairy this time? Magnificent effort.
>>
>>383884861
>hundred year old refrigerator ghoul
>the basis of every town and society in Fallout3 and 4
>>
>>383884903
Exceptions that prove the rule, the fact that it was out of place speaks volume about the overall mood.
>>
>>383884078
I don't find liking Tactics "contrarian". I enjoyed my time with it and I keep coming back to it from time to time.

>>383884301
Love og Far Cry.
>when a fuckface traitor decided to play a fash and kicked you off a helicopter
>but you survive, kill his phony ass and get the girl
Shame about your boat... Much better than savannah fire simulator and sand-shit-boxes.
>>
>>383884937
Like i agree with you fallout 3 and 4 are garbage too, im talking from comparing 1 and 2 to tactics since most of the hate comes from those times.
>>
>>383884937
>hundred year old refrigerator ghoul
>in the front yard of a ghoul family
>they never bothered to look
>"oh wow wanderer, thank you for finding my son after he was sitting locked in a box in front of my window for a century, i was too busy watching static on my TV to check myself"
>>
File: kick ass.gif (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kick ass.gif
125KB, 640x480px
>fallout lore
>>
>>383885175
They are all dead and theres nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>383884078
i lke Guild Wars 2
>>
>>383885175
well to be fair they more or less made it that so that one could not legitly, or at least as intended, beat the game in way that would make it so they would have be spared.

So dumb or silly? yeah but they at least recognized it and killed them all of in the same game they were introduced.
>>
normally i'd say "Final Fantasy VIII" but it's been slowly but steadily gaining a fanbase over the years
I think GTA4 is one of, if not the best in the series and altogether a fantastic game
I also think that TES IV: Oblivion is the best elder scrolls game
I don't think any of these games are universally hated but they combine to form a picture: that I have bad taste
>>
>>383885289
Actually it was a bug that made it so you couldnt save them.
>>
File: FFX-2_box.jpg (142KB, 256x366px) Image search: [Google]
FFX-2_box.jpg
142KB, 256x366px
This is probably my 3rd favorite behind 5 and 1.
>>
>>383885409
Ive never heard anyone claim it sucked. Its just less played than 10.
>>
File: 1499873510176.jpg (26KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
1499873510176.jpg
26KB, 680x447px
>>383885267
>>
>>383884146
It was more Mad Max vs. the Terminator than it was Fallout, but it was a genuinely good game that deserved a lot better than it got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ3Ic1kcot4
>>
File: crin.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crin.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
>>383885409
It was absolute cringe at times and I don't want anyone see me playing it, but it was actually funny overall and the combat was one of the better ones in FF's (second behind X)
>>
I like Fallout 3. I know that it was simple, but sometimes it's nice to have a simple adventure with cool shit, just for the sake of an adventure with cool shit in it. I do understand the hate for it though.
>>
>>383885358
>Actually it was a bug that made it so you couldnt save them.

Really? Shit guess i remember less than i thought i did. Since i remembered that the thing that needed to be gotten from there could only also be gotten from the oil rig. Oh well guess i stand corrected then.
>>
Actually nobody really hates or hated Tactics. It was considered "meh" because it failed to expand on the series strongest points - atmosphere, lore, writing and quest structure, while simultaneously being only "OK" tactical game. Which made it kinda pointless. At that time, you could have played Jagged Alliance instead, which was a vastly better Tactical game, or you could just play Fallout 1/2 or Arcanum to play vastly better RPG's with better world-building and atmosphere.

It all felt really rather pointless and a waste of franchise IP. That said, it was by no means terrible or hated. Just kinda... "hmmm. Yeah. That thing happened."
Nobody had any reason to go back to it or remember it particularly fondly.
>>
>>383885175
Why do people hate Int. Deathclaws? They never bothered me.
>>
>>383885817
Personally preferred it a great deal over New Vegas, both story- and environment-wise. Thank God for TTW so that I can get the gameplay changes into it.
>>
This game.
>well written characters
>seamless open world with tons of stuff to do
>good setting arguably better than the first trilogy
>decent character creation
>immersive universe made me really feel for the characters and care about the choices I make
>non pay2win multiplayer
animation quality is not that great but no other game has good facial animations anyway
>>
>>383884078
I am a contrarian to this thread, i wil post something I hate that most people here seem to love

jagged alliance 2 was a clunky overlong too detailled mess
>>
>>383885974
TTW?
>>
>>383885853
Not like youd want to save them anyway. If you save them theyll just start expanding outside the vault.
>>
>>383884345
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Fallout 3, is in fact, Oblivion With Guns, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, shit. Fallout 3 is not a Fallout game unto itself, but rather another pile of Gamebyro garbage pushed out of a fully functioning Bethesdanus made barely useful by mods, sex mods and vital system components comprising a full uninstall wizard.
Many computer users run a modified version of Fallout 3 every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Oblivion which is widely used today is often called “New Vegas”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Oblivion With Guns system, developed by Obsidian. There really is a Fallout 3, and these people are playing it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
>>
>>383886053
>clunky overlong too detailled
Yes.

>mess
No, it was still good despite its flaws.
>>
>>383886081
Tale of Two Wastelands. It puts Fallout 3 into Fallout New Vegas, with a way to get between the two gameworlds via a subway.
You have to have both games, but don't listen to their drek about legality.
>>
>>383884301
first Far Cry was THE SHIT, played it alot before HL2
>>
>>383884078
HALO 2 was the most innovative arena shooter to flood the market and nothing has come close to surpassing it in creativity.
>>
>>383886034
There are ps2 games that have better facial animations.
>>
>>383884078

I love Tactics. Good shit. You play turn based or free flow? I always read ATB was poorly implemented but I never tried it.
>>
>>383885917
>Why do people hate Int. Deathclaws? They never bothered me.
A handful of people just found them too much of a departure from the tone of the first game, where Deathclaw was this "legendary apex predator" thing, a sizeable force of nature. It seems goofy to suddenly make them almost human.

MOST people complaining about them these days were not really bothered by them back when they played the games (if they even played them ever), but rather find them a convenient excuse to shit on something popular. Basically Fo2 used to be to Fo1 what New Vegas is to Fo3 though less extreme in terms of polarization. Fo2 was generally recognized to be a major improvement over the first game, so much so that it lead to purely prestige and credit-based contrarianism. And this anti-Fo2 sentiments, often completely arbitrary, have been even further adopted by people who also shit on New Vegas - the most obnoxious Fo1-only fanboys actually found themselves in a weird alliance with Fo3 fans quite often.

So really: most of the time, it's just an excuse: arbitrary reason to either justify shittiness of Fo3, or to masturbate how cool you are for liking only the very first game. There is not much of a logical reasoning behind it.
>>
I really like Call of Duty. I didn't get Infinite Warfare and Advanced was shitty, but I really love the BO and MW series'. I like the multiplayer and think most of the people on /v/ never actually played it with their friends for fun
>>
>>383884078
Stalker SoC vanilla or with ZRP is the best STALKER experience. I spent almost 1k hours in all STALKER games combined and must say that the mods are shit and kill the charm.
The gunplay in SoC is perfectly fine once you understand the mechanics.
>>
>>383884078
F:T was wicked m8, don't let anyone tell you otherwise
>>
>>383886282
Thanks for the quick rundown.
>>
I enjoyed the gameplay in this more than ACFA.
>>
File: latest-3.jpg (207KB, 391x450px) Image search: [Google]
latest-3.jpg
207KB, 391x450px
>>383886383
forget my pic
>>
File: UMBRELLA.jpg (37KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
UMBRELLA.jpg
37KB, 460x215px
Umbrella Corps is an incredible multiplayer game and it's a real shame people decided to hate it just because it's not like other Resi games.

It's $1 on humble bundle right now, go buy it.
>>
File: Screenshot2015-11-18 21_16_41.jpg (428KB, 1427x804px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot2015-11-18 21_16_41.jpg
428KB, 1427x804px
Other than the shitty lore and all the esports whine, it's actually a pretty decent game
>>
>>383884078
Tactics was mechanically the best and it was fun. The only thing it lacked was more content and more uses for noncombat skills.
>>
>>383886053
Compared to what? It plays pretty smoothly once you have the keybinds down. Far better than Fallout Tactics did, at least.
>>
>>383884228
Ignoring the terrible writing and annoying as fuck characters, 2 is pretty good. Most varied landscapes even if you don't include DLC, most enemy variety, most choices of what to play as, Krieg. But my main issue with Borderlands as a whole is when you look at the game it takes inspiration from for its gameplay (Diablo) combat in that is fast and brutal. The only time combat is ever fast in any of the Borderlands is either when you're over leveled or an enemy takes you out in a couple of shots. Enemies being bullet sponges is a well known issue especially for 2, but it exists to a lesser extent in 1. Go back to 1 and fight Skagzilla, the fight takes fucking forever. I've had it happen in both TVHM and normal where its health had reset because I spent so long fighting it. Yeah I get it, it's a boss, but BL really should've taken some fucking notes from Diablo on flow of gameplay in general. I don't remember a single boss from Diablo taking half as long as any boss from Borderlands, and I mean the whole series, not just 2.
>>
File: evil force mess.jpg (237KB, 1020x708px) Image search: [Google]
evil force mess.jpg
237KB, 1020x708px
>>383884078

Only idiots hate on Tactics, because it wasn't Fallout 3.

I fucking love F:T, my favorite game of all time. Especially the multiplayer, that was the best part of it. Did you play MP OP?
We loved MP so much we kept at it for 10+ years, and now were making a "spiritual successor".
>>
>>383887007
Diablo 2 bosses take absolutely fucking forever to take down. Borderlands bosses were perfectly in line with that if they weren't shorter.
>>
I still can't get into Fallout.
It's so fucking oozing with dumb American shit that I just can't stomach it.
I prefer the darker and miserable post apocalyptic atmosphere of say Metro 2033 or even STALKER (despite this one not really being post-apo) and Fallout just turns me the fuck off.
It's not even the fact that it's RPG or old since I grew up during the 90s and have a soft spot for stuff like Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale, but this shit I just can't get into.

Can someone explain to me what the fuck am I missing?
>>
>>383887372
that certainly looks shitty. How does it even work? Multiplayer turn based shooter?
>>
>>383887770
what exactly turns you off by it being in an american setting? What dumb american thing are you talking about? (note that I'm solely discussing Fo1 &2 here, I get your point in the later ones).
>>
>>383887372
>"spiritual successor"

I played some russian MMO that was using Tactics stuff, is this like it?
>>
File: Calculator_bos0097.jpg (164KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Calculator_bos0097.jpg
164KB, 800x600px
The Calculator did nothing wrong
>>
>>383887897
Metro 2033 or even STALKER aren't inherently "russian". They don't circlejerk russian culture or have russian memes as plot devices.
Fallout is too american, an international audience gets an objectively worse package because they don't "get it" (read: they roll their eyes and cringe so hard their face breaks).

GTAV is also very american, but in an international way, we all get whats what, its very casually american in that way.
STALKER is also casually russian. Fallout 3 and NV are just very american, too american, for the international player.
>>
>>383888010
You mean FOnline? That was some pretty good shit too.
Anyways, I shouldn't have mentioned it, not here to shill, and I'm under NDA.
>>
>>383888172
>NDA for what is likely an illegal project using stolen assets

sasuga agdg
>>
>>383887897
I have a firm rule of always playing shit in release order unless it's a remake then I tend to go for a remake if it's well received enough, so obviously I'm referring to FO1/2 here.

Anyway I'm talking about the setting and how unrealistically dumb it is to the point that my suspension of disbelief is shattered to pieces.
All the silly dialogue and quips straight out of modern Marvel capeshit.
Locations lacking any sort of variety, everything is a brown desert that somehow has less colors than Max Max 2.
Combat system is one of the worst I've ever seen to date and I don't even mean it being turn based, I'm talking mechanically. It has pants on head retarded ruleset for its dice rolls on hit and whatnot.
UI is atrocious and doesn't scale well into higher resolutions at all, isometric hex grid based combat with hexes being only slightly above the vertical diameter of mouse cursor making navigation in combat a huge fucking pain.
It's like Mad Max and Jagged Alliance 1 had a braindead child.
And even the world map thing divided into sectors, but turns out that 95% of the map is actually the same fucking map for each sector unlike Baldur's Gate 1 or Jagged Alliance where each single fucking sector square on the world map has actually unique map ingame instead of copypaste.

I legitimately fail to see how people can like this, is it just a drastic case of nostalgia?
>>
>>383888153
Can you give me an example? This is sound way too vague.
>>
>>383887809
iirc it used a tick based system for inputting commands, so everyone's commands process at the same time (something like every other second it processes the commands for everyone, so you can't click to do things faster).
>>
>>383888241
Also what >>383888153 just said. I can't really put it into words but it's all this American culture thing that just makes me cringe.
>>
>>383887770
Testicles and a can do attitude
>>
I like Diablo 3.
>>
>>383888283
Well in New Vegas, the cowboy theme is international. Its an american thing that everyone gets.
But the pony express thing that ties into it isn't. And really the Las Vegas stuff and references aren't. Or the Mojave desert shit. The average european doesn't even think of deserts as anything other than "where arabs live".
>>
>>383888340
Look how far that got you in Vietnam, amerifat.
>>
File: No_Man's_Sky.jpg (37KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
No_Man's_Sky.jpg
37KB, 350x350px
I think pic related is a good game, would have been better if they marketed it as "indie" or something, definitely not worth $60
Also they are regularly releasing new content for free even after a year and after all the shit they got

Don't get me wrong, the false hype and lying was disgusting from their part but its not as bad as people think
>>
>>383888379
This was meant for >>383888279
Also I am not the original person to bring it up, I love Fallout.
However I've spoken to friends and the american inside stuff is a problem for them too.
You think shit is silly and random when you play, and you realize 2 years later that it was deliberate when you see it on some TV show and "get it".

I actually had such a moment with americans putting letters in phone numbers.
I always thought that it was like old mobile phone SMS keyboards, where a letter means you press this number that many times.
>>
>>383888391
Space, arms race, still a super power 50 years later
>>
>>383888241
I guess you just don't enjoy the wackiness of the setting itself?
>Locations lacking any sort of variety, everything is a brown desert that somehow has less colors than Max Max 2.
You're probably refering to the off-city squares here? In which case I fully agree, there's really not a whole lot to see/do outside of city bounds.(except for random encounters, which are just that: random).
>Combat system is one of the worst I've ever seen to date and I don't even mean it being turn based, I'm talking mechanically. It has pants on head retarded ruleset for its dice rolls on hit and whatnot.
I don't see anything wrong with the combat. It does and acts like it's promissed. Dice rolls scale pretty well with what skill your utilizing.
>UI is atrocious and doesn't scale well into higher resolutions at all, isometric hex grid based combat with hexes being only slightly above the vertical diameter of mouse cursor making navigation in combat a huge fucking pain.
Agreed.
>>
>>383888562
>Space
Not related to Vietnam at all, literally stolen Nazi WW2 tech and scientists.

>arms race
See above, also just Cold War atmosphere and rivalry with Russia and China in general.
>>
>>383888391
He didn't personally lose the war with Vietnam.

>>383888562
You didn't personally do these.

Stop acting as if you are avatars of your state, or you represent your state.
You are worker drones. You didn't win wars or go to space.
Insulting other drones because MUH ANCESTORS CAN BEAT UP UR ANCESTORS is retarded.
>>
>>383888391
One month away from victory, as admitted by an NVA official? Not even American, but if you think the Americans lost in Vietnam, you're retarded.
>>
>>383888279
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americana
http://www.widewalls.ch/americana-art-artists-history-music-collectibles/

Non americans don't get this.
>>
>>383888515
I don't know, I just never found it to be an issue.
Every time I see a reference I don't get I just go search for its meaning, assuming I care enough.
>>
>>383888696
>if you think the Americans lost in Vietnam, you're retarded

American objective: Turn Vietnam away from USSR sphere of influence.
Vietkong objective: Get Americans to fuck off.
Result: Vietnam in USSR sphere, Americans fuck off.

1+1=??
>>
>>383888590
>I guess you just don't enjoy the wackiness of the setting itself?
I guess so. And I don't even think that's it, since I can handle say Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest just fine and we know how silly they are. It's just that Fallout has writing of a saturday morning cartoon mixed with American toilet humour, while on the surface it tries to look like a serious post apocalyptic representation.
It just doesn't mix, at all.
What I wanted was basically Baldur's Gate meets Jagged Alliance 2 in Mad Max setting.
What I got is a drastically watered down Mad Max with combat Pools of Radiance and American toilet humour.
>>
File: diner.png (3MB, 1920x949px) Image search: [Google]
diner.png
3MB, 1920x949px
>>383888747
Its not even about not getting it completely, its about not relating.
This image means something for americans, and means nothing to me. It doesn't make me feel any way, its just a funny looking shack.

There is a lot of stuff like that, the billboards, the buildings, music and presentation, etc.
>>
>>383884345
look up Fallout Van Buren. That was supposed to be Fallout 3, but was cancelled VERY late into development due to Interplay selling the franchise to Bethesda. We almost got a trilogy of amazing RPG's, but instead we got two amazing ones and a Bethesda loot and scooter.
>>
>>383888787
>>383888893
>Too retarded to understand another culture in an entertainment setting

So like, when you play a video game as a ninja and go through dojos and shit are you this bitchy? Or do you just like complaining about America
>>
>>383889078
Quit getting triggered, friend.
I already told you I am okay with "international" version of these, like the cowboys for americans, samurai for the japanese, etc. The pop culture stuff thats global these days.
Fallout has a lot of shit which isn't global culture, its local american culture.
Calling me retarded for not being into your local culture is ridiculous, and I can very easily return fire mentioning obscure shit from my culture.
>>
>>383884146
Very average story. Also the game was unplayable when it was released and filled with bugs.
>>
>>383889078
Anon, I'm the first guy you replied to, I already fucking explained what the problem is.
I have no problems traveling and getting to know other cultures since I travel every fucking summer and winter as a hobby.
The problem is that the way everything in FO1 and FO2 is mixed, the presentation, the setting, the combat system, just turns me off. It's not one thing (culture), it's a sum of the parts that turns me off.
>>
>>383884785
>towards Wasteland
That's why people fucking hated it. Fallout's timeline had actual momentum to it, Fallout 2 had noticably more developed culture & civilizations because it had been 200 fucking years and civilization had gone back to the Industrial era living standards. Hell, the NCR even was setting up their own economy that wasn't bottlecaps.
Fallout is supposed to be post-post apocalyptic. It wasn't intended to be post apocalyptic for fuck sake, the thing that differentiated the setting from other brown & slightly greyish brown wasteland RPGs was that it actually moved forwards from the anarchy.
>>
>>383889273
Quirky post apocalyptic 1950s stuck in a time capsule is hardly "post post apocalyptic". It's just comic book tier really.
>>
>>383886446
V and Verdict Day are two entirely different games, right?

Or is it like Nexus where it's half old, half new?
>>
File: 5157WSA6R3L.jpg (55KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
5157WSA6R3L.jpg
55KB, 354x500px
>>383886446
Best mech game of all times.
>>
Witcher 1 is by far the best game in the series, including the combat.
>>
>>383884459
I felt the same about Crysis. Running around wasting ricers left and right, having the time of my life getting creative with clapping 'em and then it just got so fucking boring shooting the aliens.
>>
>>383889078
>>383889171
I am neither of you anons, just wanted to contribute that I've experienced this same thing non-burger anon is describing with polish and russian games. it definitely does take away from a games experience a little bit when you're not super privvy to cultural nuances
>>
File: aoe3.jpg (80KB, 695x530px) Image search: [Google]
aoe3.jpg
80KB, 695x530px
Age of Empires 3 is my favorite game.
>>
>>383889736
French WAY too fucking good
Courier des Bois costing a little more for their vastly superior gather speed to all other units gives the French such a powerful early advantage that they control pretty much the entire pace of the early game, just about the most important part
The water was pretty and I liked the maps. Ship combat was still ass, but the ships looked cool as fug when they fought. Trade wars could be exciting or annoying.
I played so much of that when I moved to my current location ten years ago, as I had no internet for a while.
>>
The worst part of all this is that I primarily asked why people like these games, or more specifically, FO1 and FO2 in particular to try and understand what I'm missing.
What I got was one guy asking me questions instead that essentially wanted me to elaborate my point while not answering my question at all and another guy that went all MURRIKA FUK YEH FUK U FOR NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE EAT SHIT on me.
I don't know if all Fallout fans are like this but dear god can you people at least fucking once adhere to the topic at hand?
>>
>>383889880
France isn't even a tier 1 civ anymore. Iroquois, Ottoman, India, Britain, and Japan are all stronger.
>>
>>383886282
why is Fallout fanbase so autistic?
>>
File: mcViet_XOEN.jpg (116KB, 1200x836px) Image search: [Google]
mcViet_XOEN.jpg
116KB, 1200x836px
>>383888782
>he thought the war ended
>>
>>383890115
Yes, I don't have the expansion.
I just have my old CD BRICK for the original.
So it's just based on the basic game.
>>
>>383888241
>all the silly dialogue and quips straight out of modern Marvel capeshit
Fallout is silly. It's always been silly. That is what sets it apart. Think of it like Warhammer 40k; pants on head retarded but sensible.
>locations lacking any sort of variety
Have you visited any of the actual cities? Any of them? Because it's only the wilderness that's flat and boring.
>Combat system is one of the worst I've ever seen to date
Agreed.
>UI is atrocious
Agreed.
>I legitimately fail to see how people like this
The unique atmosphere and setting (it's set 200 years after the apocalypse and, surprise surprise, civilizations come back), the roleplaying and the weird shit.

>>383888893
It's 1950's golden age culture. Do you look at castles in a game set in 12th century Europe and just see some stone bricks stacked on top of eachother?
>>
>>383890081
Why do you care when you can't relate to it?

just give up on video games
>>
>>383889501
verdict day is an expansion of v

>>383889589
Absolutely
>>
>>383889407
Fallout 3 & 4 is quirky apocalyptic 1950's stuck in a time capsule. Fallout 1,2, and New Vegas have music & structures from the 1950's because it's all that's fucking left, and they start to rebuild from there rather than just sticking some wooden boards on a bombed out diner and saying "Yup, that'll do for two centuries."
Look at Shady Sands/NCR (the place, not the faction). Do you see any 1950's culture there?
>>
>>383890138
It's no less autistic than any other equally sized one. In fact I'm pretty sure they are (Fo3 fans not withstanding) relatively decent compared to say, Halo or Gears of Wars fanbases.

Bit, extensive universes always tend to attract some degree of "autism". One that has been so sharply divided by several often rather contradictory design philosophy shifts is of course going to have more hostility and conflict within itself.

>>383890081
Dude, if you run around literally saying how it's insufferable because something something MURRRIKAAAA, you can't exactly be surprised people either ask you what the fuck is wrong with you, or just make fun of you.
Don't be a retard and actually ask in a sensible way. Also - at least TRY to figure some of this shit out on your own, that will also save you a bit of embarassment.
>>
>>383890231
>Have you visited any of the actual cities? Any of them? Because it's only the wilderness that's flat and boring.
I have. But they essentially constitute only 5, maybe 10% of the entire map.
In Baldur's Gate, every single fucking location on the world map grid is unique and with something interesting about it, be it an encounter, a recuitable companion, loot, sidequest or even advancing main story.
You can't say anything of the sort about Fallout.
And in Jagged Alliance, each sector, even "irrelevant ones" still took the time to have cohesive and unique look while also perfectly matching other sectors if you were to screenshot the entire map and attach it like puzzle pieces.
Again, Fallout doesn't have this.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, why the fuck should I play this when it doesn't do ANYTHING better than its peers? The time capsule 1950s theme is basically the only thing I can see it has going for it, and that just doesn't appeal to me as I don't relate to the culture or give a fuck about it so that too is lost on me.
>>
>>383884146
There are two answers to this. The lazy one is "Because NMAfags wanted Fallout 3 instead", and the correct one is "Because it was horrifically buggy upon release and didn't even come close to living up to its promise of being 'Jagged Alliance 2 in the Fallout universe'".

As someone who had preordered the game, I was so lucky as to receive one of a batch of corrupted CDs missing all the item graphics.
>>
>>383890221
The online community is active for both vanilla and The Asian Dynasties, so you could hop on and play if you felt like it.
>>
>>383890370
>Dude, if you run around literally saying how it's insufferable because something something MURRRIKAAAA, you can't exactly be surprised people either ask you what the fuck is wrong with you, or just make fun of you.
>Don't be a retard and actually ask in a sensible way. Also - at least TRY to figure some of this shit out on your own, that will also save you a bit of embarassment.
But that's not what I said at all, you latched on to literally a single point of my argument and made it into the whole thing.
Basically you flanderized my post and acted like a chimp, chimping out and throwing shit around because I didn't like a thing that you like.
How fucking hard is it to understand that the entire sum of all parts is unappealing in general?
>>
File: 1__Boss.png (488KB, 800x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1__Boss.png
488KB, 800x1020px
MGSV is my favorite out of the whole series.
>>
File: 1474379296632.png (105KB, 250x290px) Image search: [Google]
1474379296632.png
105KB, 250x290px
The only real problem is the overuse of QTEs and the game barely giving you time to rest between setpieces
>>
>>383890586
I can see the gameplay and graphics but god help you if you mean anything else.
>>
>>383884078
I thought it would only be contrarian if you disliked these games just because they were popular
What if someone genuinely disliked how the game worked and looked
>>
>>383890439
That's cool and all but each city / point of interest is unique in Fallout 1&2. With unique characters and quests. So you're really just talking about random encounters friendo.

Also: USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>>
>>383890680
So, 10% of the game is unique while rest is copypaste shit.
Meanwhile the competition from around same time period has:
100% unique locations
Much better combat system
Much better interface
More complex mechanics in general
More universally relateable settings and plot

So, what does FO have other than "Golden Age Baby Boomer America Time Capsule" setting?
>>
File: Beat-Down-Fists-of-Vengeance.png (520KB, 1444x968px) Image search: [Google]
Beat-Down-Fists-of-Vengeance.png
520KB, 1444x968px
never saw another game just like it
>>
>>383890541
>But that's not what I said at all, you latched on to literally a single point of my argument and made it into the whole thing.
Because that is the core of your argument. You declare about how you are sincerely asking, but really you are just taking this excuse to talk about how you can't relate to certain incredibly well known aspects of (not-just-american) culture. That is all that you had been going on this whole time. So stop being a damn hypocrite.

>How fucking hard is it to understand that the entire sum of all parts is unappealing in general?
SEE THIS SHIT?!
You are not asking what makes it appealing, you are announcing how you are better for not liking it. Fuck off. I was going to write a more extensive analysis on the concept of Fear of the Bomb - a notion that ANYONE who has actually been exposed to any kind of international culture of the last fucking century should be well familiar with and find it recogniseable regardless of his own country of origin, and continue about explaining how extremely extended RPG mechanics in most of the games allow for extremely varied and interesting playthroughs, but with this shit I'm not going to bother.

Nobody cares that you are complete ignorant and don't like it. That is why is nobody "debating you". People can pretty easily tell that behind that hypocritical facade, all you want to do is make excuses to fortify your own belief.
>>
>>383890789
>So, what does FO have other than "Golden Age Baby Boomer America Time Capsule" setting?
Choice&consequence mechanics that would not be surpassed for years to come until the release of Arcanum.
>>
>>383890541
Yeah but you're like 8 posts in regurgitating shit about a game you evidently don't like, never will like, and trying to get us to explain to you why you're wrong. About a video game. One you don't like all ready because a different culture is unrelatable to you. Like you can't understand the concept of a 'restaurant'. Or a 'billboard'

Jesus, just watch Back to the Future, Mad Max, and call it a day. That's basically what Fallout is. The post-post apocalypse with crazy factions, quirky behavior, mutants, monsters, and a radicalized idea of the 1950's 'nuclear family' (vault dweller) walking into it head on with no clue.

Pop culture references I can understand, but everything else you've spouted that isn't gameplay related: horseshit unless you literally have never watched a movie, television, or browsed the internet.
>>
>>383890439
The time capsule 1950's theme is only the surface. Look at any of the factions, or the new cities (as in, ones made by said factions and not just bombed out husks they're squatting in), take a closer peek at the intricacies and characters within and you'll start to get a general idea of why the games are held in such high regard. The games are supposed to represent the slow rebuild of civilization & the struggles and conflicts that occur, and how war never changes. The world may be a wasteland filled with firebreathing geckos and two headed cows, but humanity will always conflict with itself even in times that it's crucial they cooperate. It's not Shakespearian or deepest lore, but it's better than most of the shit we see in games today. The factions and characters were always the main meat of Fallout, and without them the series would forgettable garbage. That being said, they're still good RPG's in their own right with the only major problems being the map and combat.
I agree that the map in Fo1 & 2 is small and waaaayyy too padded out with flat minimal effort maps, though.
>>
>>383890586
Same, I was never really that into Metal Gears story.
>>
My contrarian opinion, I got into ShadowVerse instead of Hearthstone purely for the artstyle of Shadowverse, but also because I don't particularly like post-WOW blizzard..
>>
>>383890789
BG combat is shit senpai and a different genre of cRPG due to it.
>>
>>383890873
>(not-just-american)
Except it is just American.

>>383890898
Now that's a solid argument assuming it's legit.

>>383890918
It's almost as if there's another fucking anon ITT also sharing similar feelings but he's the one latching to the cultural aspect.
I'm talking about gameplay you shistained goddamn fucking moron that can't even fucking read jesus fuck yes I mad because I wrote it couple times already and you just can't wrap your head around it.

THE INTERFACE IS SHIT AND INFERIOR TO COMPETITION
THE GAMEPLAY MECHANICS ARE SHIT AND INFERIOR TO COMPETITION
VISUALS ARE SHIT AND INFERIOR TO COMPETITION
LOCATION DESIGN IS COPYPASTE SHIT OUTSIDE OF SETTLEMENTS, INFERIOR TO COMPETITION

SO WHAT THE FUCK IS THERE TO LIKE FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T HOLD ANY ATTACHMENT WHATSOEVER TO THE 1950s THEMATIC?
>>
>>383890932
>The time capsule 1950's theme is only the surface.
The time capsule thing is actually pretty vital to the series, it's not just surface. The game does rely heavily on the sentiment of fear of the bomb, and the rather bitter-sweet memories of one of the most strange historical periods of all of our history. The whole immensely strange era that gave birth to the post-apocalyptic genre. It's not just Mad Max: it's also Doctor Strangelove, I Live in Fear, Boy and His Dog, Chicago Abyss, The Rock Cried Out etc...
It was a very formative era of very viseral, and very distressing underlying themes and worries. And the fact that Fallout identified it as very evocative and interesting is one of the main reasons for it's success.
>>
Fallout 3 & 4 are only hated by pretentious hipster faggots. They do literally everything right in bringing the series into the modern age, and 4's story is better than "hurrrrr enclave a BAAAAAAAAAAAAD" that 3 copied from 2. Fallout 1 & 2 have shit stories, mechanics, characters, setting, etc. It's trash and nostalgia goggles prevent people from admitting they are.
>>
>>383891078
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>>
>>383891078
>Except it is just American.
I'm a slav, and I could actually recognize and relate to the tones on which it's build back when I was 12. In fact Fallout series has an absolute fucking cult following in my east-european and generally very america-sceptic country. So no.

YOU just happen to be a completely braindead, ignorant cretin.

>>383891078
>It's almost as if there's another fucking anon ITT also sharing similar feelings but he's the one latching to the cultural aspect.
Says the person who also says:
>Except it is just American.

Plus virtually all of your points are objectively false. Core mechanics of Fallout 1/2 have not really been surpassed yet in terms of actual RPG elements, visuals are pretty damn perfect at it's tone, the locations are about as unique as in most of it's competition.
All you are doing is screaming angrily about how you are mad because other people appreciate what you fucking can't because you are a moron. It's THAT. FUCKING. SIMPLE.
>>
>>383891078
>IF IT'S NOT BRIGHT AND PASTEL COLOURED I CAN'T ENJOY IT
>WHY WON'T THIS 1997 GAME RUN ON MY SLI'D GTX 1080TI'S AND MY OVERCLOCKED INTEL I7K AND MY 4K 50 INCH QUAD MONITOR SETUP WHEN IT WAS DESIGNED TO RUN ON TINY 9 INCH CATHODE RAY MONITORS
>THIS INTERFACE LOOKS DIFFERENT AND THEREFORE I DONT LIKE IT BECAUSE I NEVER SPENT MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES IN THE GAME IN ORDER TO GET USED TO IT
>WHY ISN'T THIS BALDURS GATE: MAD MAX EVEN THOUGH THAT'S LITERALLY NEVER WHAT THE SERIES WAS SUPPOSED TO BE
>WHY IS THERE A STRETCH OF WASTELAND IN LOS ANGELES, A CITY THAT'S SURROUNDED BY A DESERT WHICH HAS NOW BEEN NUKED
>>
>>383891078
Game looks fine for the time, just as good as BG if not better. And leagues better than JA.

It also deals with a more mature setting / story than BG and has a 'dark comedy' tone over everything along with visceral Veerhoven-esque violence and presentation.

You don't like the game mechanics. Wow. Such an argument for your 'inferior'. Maybe you should get gud.

Also, a battle map isn't 90% of the game. So come up with another way to say you hate America.
>>
>>383885409
>5 and 1
Good taste
>>
>>383891078
>Now that's a solid argument assuming it's legit.
It is. Quests could be solved in multiple ways, the main line wasn't entirely non-linear but still allowed for more freedom than any other RPG at the time, Fallout 1 could be finished without killing even a single enemy *or* by slaughtering everyone and everything, the world was highly responsive to your actions, and, of course, both games had different endings that were essentially collages of your actions, not just "Trigger A = Ending A" sort of things.

Fallout 1 and 2 really were amazing feats of RPG design, especially for their time.
>>
File: 110660253SZ.jpg (156KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
110660253SZ.jpg
156KB, 1000x1000px
Fuck you, I liked it.
>>
>>383891376
>I am a reasonable, calm person of humble origin. My arguments are valid and I win.
>People who disagree with me are completely braindead, ignorant cretins who need to die.

Yeah, okay, but where are said arguments?
>>
Fuck America.
Murrifats should be fucking gassed.
Trump is literally a fucking jew plant and taking away net neutrality, breaking every single one of his promises, bringing back Obamacare just even shittier than before under Trumpcare brand, starting and continuing wars in middle east but /pol/tards eat all that shit up.

USA USA USA USA USA USA indeed.
I hope WW3 happens and you all get nuked to hell because you are a fucking cancer upon this planet and most of evil in the modern world stems from your corrupt shithole that calls itself a country and the jew infested shitfest that is Israel.
>>
>>383891704
Nice false flag.
>>
>>383891558
Sounds interesting enough to at least give it another chance, perhaps I'll cheat myself max combat stats to skip this awful part of the game that's borderline unplayable if only to experience the good part of it that seems to be the choice and consequence as you describe it.
>>
NieR: Automata
Starbound
Syndicate
Neptunia games
Hotline Miami
MGSV
>>
>>383891586
>post an image of what's clearly a diner with unique archetectural designs
>"all I see is a shack"
>shits on the games because their combat was mediocre for the time period and absolutely atrocious today
>ignores everything else the games had done in terms of RPG innovation such as choice & consequence and character build being able to change how any given situation could play out
>keeps ragging on about how it's a "glorified 1950's time capsule" despite ignoring all of the dark themes that the 1950's had and the general despair surrounding that area that was covered up by faux happiness and chipper music
>so utterly ignorant of America that he doesn't know that Los Angeles is surrounded by a huge desert IRL
>shits on the game map because it accurately portrays the Los Angeles area
I bet you haven't even played the fucking game past Arroyo (for Fallout 2) or Vault 13 (for Fallout 1)
>>
I had fun with Master of Orion 3
>>
>>383891863
Plenty of people loved NieR 2 and Hotline Miami anon.
>>
>>383891783
No part is unplayable. You just have to play to your character's strengths and come to the realization that you cannot do it all, especially on a first run.

But they put a temple / tutorial at the beginning of 2, and it kind of sums up the entire game system in a nutshell, but it's probably too complicated and unrelatable, and the competition does it better at the time.
>>
>>383886681
>that most people hated
>>
>>383891783
>cheating in a cRPG
wow you really are a pushover. just grab the advanced power armour in Navarro when you first get out of Arroyo if you're that much of a pussy
>>
File: 1499636856522.png (645KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499636856522.png
645KB, 600x600px
>>383888379
> The average european doesn't even think of deserts as anything other than "where arabs live".

Wut? Anyone whos has seen at least one Western knows this, fuck even most Tarantino movies has deserts in them. And thats something you learn in geography class when you're 10, And who the fuck hasbt heard about the Pony Express?

Where the fuck are you from?
>>
>>383891948
USA USA USA USA MURRIKA FUK YEH PRAISE KEK I LOVE TRUMP XDDD
>>
>>383892081
>who the fuck hasn't heard about this local thing that i grew up with and no other people on the planet gives two shits about

Many.
>>
File: Marvel_Heroes_Thumb_270h.jpg (31KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_Heroes_Thumb_270h.jpg
31KB, 480x270px
hack and slash fans all hate this one over the other choices, d3 and PoE
obviously poe is better, but I liked this one too
well, as luke cage
>>
>>383890918
>Like you can't understand the concept of a 'restaurant'. Or a 'billboard'

Nigger a diner that looks like >>383888893 has more cultural connotations than just being a restaurant. It means more things. It makes you think of certain stuff. It makes you feel a certain way.

... if you are american. To anyone else, it is exactly just a restaurant.
>>
File: 1490897003899.jpg (23KB, 412x283px) Image search: [Google]
1490897003899.jpg
23KB, 412x283px
>>383892269
I'm a Finn btw. So not a Mad burger, I'm Just Mad about this ignorant bitch.
>>
File: msdtogu-ec032.jpg (47KB, 750x498px) Image search: [Google]
msdtogu-ec032.jpg
47KB, 750x498px
We triggered him, lads.
>>
>>383891559
It's a decent game
>>
>>383892238
Thank you for the informative, convincing, and well constructed argument you have put forth. You truly have changed my view on the Fallout franchise and I now hate Fallout 1 & 2.
>>
>>383892436
Okay, so you know some trivia. Go to the supermarket and ask the clerk about it. Ask your cab driver about it. Its not pop culture in Finland. It is in the USA.

And yeah, that guy is acting like a fag, or someone is posing as him acting like a fag.
Either way this conversation is cancer and we should return to the point of the thread.
>>
>>383892587
>cuck
>white
>niggers
>niggerloving shitfuck
>gas chambers
I bet you're going to post that funny frog meme in your next reply, anon!
>>
>>383892587
No way you aren't an amerian pretending to be retarded, especially with your past posts talking about Trump.
>>
File: esoteric-kekism-2.jpg (46KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
esoteric-kekism-2.jpg
46KB, 800x500px
>>383892759
USA USA USA USA USA
>>
>Complain about the setting the game is set in

really makes me think
>>
>>383892832
Mods, can you reveal the nationality of this guy before you ban him?
>>
>>383888409
It would be absolutely fine if:

>The developers didn't fucking lie
>It was a third of the price

Honestly, I don't even think it would have hit the /v/ radar if they'd been low-key about it and that's part of the core problem: they used the hype and had very little to back it up, and that got it all the attention it needed, and they aren't really sorry about it.

No man's sky isn't a bad game, but it is a terrible stain on humanity.
>>
Rome 2. I thought the hate was way exaggerated, especially after some patches.

I bought Rome 1 at launch and that AI was so bad, way worse than 2.

It needs mods, of course.
>>
>>383892081
I actually don't mind Shadman, not because the art is particularly good, I actually fucking hate the artstyle, I just like a guy who clearly does just not give a shit.
>>
>>383892914
Both Rome 1 & 2 have ridiculously bad battle AI
>>
>>383892421
Yeah, we see 'Old restaurant'. Diner's are not common place anymore, and most of the ones you can even consider successful are more of a novelty affair.

So, like you, a lot of us grew up learning about this 1950s pop culture stuff by being introduced to it through film and media, such as Back to the Future. Fallout. History. Happy Days.

That's why it's funny. It takes the stereotypes of the nuclear family / idealized world and turns it upside down through sheer chaos and stupidity / immorality.
>>
File: 1496161855134m.jpg (74KB, 1024x428px) Image search: [Google]
1496161855134m.jpg
74KB, 1024x428px
>>383892587

Nope, I preffer to travel and see the Savage in it's natural habitat than bringing it here. It also keeps other Cultures interesting when it's not on your streets causing trouble.

And unless you're a pole or hungarian you dont have much to come calling someone a cuck.
>>
File: Need-for-Speed-The-Run-5.jpg (292KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Need-for-Speed-The-Run-5.jpg
292KB, 1920x1200px
had a lot hours spent on this, fuck EA for closing down Black Box
>>
>>383890205

The European colonial powers managed to conquer almost the entire planet. The USA was the first sole superpower and the best it's managed is to get some countries to agree to international treaties and spend years fighting third world tribals any European power could and did crush in the matter of a few months when they were leading the global pack. America's legacy will be that it did fuck all of historical note and spend most of her time in the sun trying to hasten her own demise
>>
I loved parasite eve 2, but a lot of fans didn't like the change in direction.

(I never played the first)
>>
>>383893207
If you loved it, you'd probably love 1. I played both and prefer 1.
>>
>>383893173
Daily reminder that America is the world fucking police. You joke about them being fatties or being stupid, and yet they are responsible for most of the world's MODERN inventions and could easily invade & conquer your shithole country at ANY moment. They could topple China if it gets to that point, and Russia is such a fucking joke now that they'd get steamrolled. World War III won't happen because everybody is afraid of two things: nukes, and America. And guess what? America has nukes AND the world's best military. Oh, and they also have the world's most advanced missile defense system. They don't even have to go boots on ground to fuck up a country, they can crush anybody with their air force. Look at every country they've faced off with. They're all doing terribly because the U.S kicked their fucking cunts in after busting a nut in them and having military bases fill their fertile wombs.
Their culture is known the world over, and their influence is feared by every country. You can meme about them being fat, but at least they aren't fucking starving because of communism.
>>
File: 1825031-guile.png (619KB, 1526x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1825031-guile.png
619KB, 1526x1600px
>>383893349
>>
>>383893156
>And unless you're a pole or hungarian you dont have much to come calling someone a cuck.
I am :^) Guess which.
>>
>>383884459
But mutants (except ones with rocket launchers) were great, they added news edge at difficulty right when you had mastered killing mercs with ease.
>>
>>383893429
Even the Japs, who are the most proud nation on the planet, recognize America's superiority after they got their teeth punched in. They fetishize American culture, as seen in Guile's design.
>>
>>383893349
So fucking great your military is that you couldn't even beat a bunch of gook cavemen and sandniggers in the desert.
Yep, much to be feared for sure.
PFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>383886681
Moreso, singleplayer campaign of all 3 games blows Brood War out of the water.

And SC lore was silly from day one.
>>
>>383893589
>couldn't beat gook cavemen
Except we were absolutely fucking up Vietnam. The only reason why the war stopped was because of the homegrown hippie movement putting pressure on the government.
>sandniggers in the desert
Look at the state of Afghanistan or Iraq. We came, we saw, we kicked the fucking door in and shot every goddamn dune monkey in there before planting an American flag.
>>
>>383893349

And before that Britain was the world police, they were responsible for a large portion of the industrial revolution, they were and still are the largest centre of global commerce, they along with Germans, Italians and Frenchmen were responsible for 90% of all human inventions, they ruled over a quarter of the world, the spread the English language to the four corners of the globe, they created the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, aka every first world country in the new world. I'm not anti-American, it's just that America has done fuck all with the strength it has, minor historical players have left greater legacies and America is already past its peak, it should be a point of national embarrassment.
>>
>>383893818
>Look at the state of Afghanistan or Iraq
they were wastelands before
>>
>>383893884
Nukes, you dumb motherfucker. No country can actually do much of anything right now because of mutually assured destruction.
>>
>>383893884
I guess bailing Europe out of their sissy fights twice isn't good enough for you, or leading the freeworld?
>>
>>383894125
>twice
the Americans got assblasted so hard during WWI that they had to withdraw
>>
>>383884146

it wasnt what people asked for at the time, they wanted a real fallout 3, even though this really was a fine game
>>
>>383892421
>... if you are american. To anyone else, it is exactly just a restaurant.
Or unless you have ever seen an american movie. Or a TV show. Or read an american book. Or watched a gallery of american photograph ever in your life.
Seriously, how the fuck are you still defending this "I'm COMPLETELY fucking ignorant, there is literally no comprehensible way how I could ever identify and relate to a different country's culture or symbolism, that makes all of YOU WRONG" shit?
It's americans who are being made fun off for these kinds of fucking attitudes.
No, to anyone who had ANY exposition to international media, that should immediately be recogniseable as a 50's or 60's American restaurant, which itself is an association on 50's and 60's culture in general, including the Fear of the Bomb.

And if you can't fucking make those associations, then you are braindead. And desperately poorly culturally educated. Just like anyone should be able to to associate at least basically image of german soldiers walking through Paris despite not being French, or with the sad decompostion of post-socialist industry that Stalker or Half-life 2 so aptly build upon even if they are not fucking east-european, or the strange mix of feelings an image of a steam engine running through 1910's rural Japan.

Jesus what the fuck is wrong with you and how do you fucking completely base your fucking judgement on "I have not been exposed to any fucking culture, therefor everybody else is wrong".
Fuck you for being ignorant, and fuck you doubly for assuming that that is a standard.
>>
>>383888153
>Metro 2033 or even STALKER aren't inherently "russian". They don't circlejerk russian culture or have russian memes as plot devices.
Slow down, bro.
You are just not familiar enough with Russian culture.
I agree, compared to Fallout, it is not that obvious. But screaming about being American 24/7 is most American thing.
>>
>>383894449
Actually, the STALKER and Metro bank on the typically East-European aesthetic and symbolism far more than Fallout banks on american ones. Which is not a bad thing, it's actually what makes them great. But it's completely stupid to claim that is not what they are entirely build around.
Stalker in particular is "the state of East European countryside after the end of socialist regimes: THE GAME".
>>
>>383893460

Well as cancerous as you seem online it has to Be a pole.
>>
>>383893818
>Look at the state of Afghanistan or Iraq. We came, we saw, we kicked the fucking door in and shot every goddamn dune monkey in there before planting an American flag.
And both are still terrorist-infested shitholes.
>>
>>383894652
Ding ding ding ding ding we have a boiled Amerifat shitstain ladies and gents.
Have fun being enriched by our culture with Witcher.
>>
>>383893983

Nukes mean you can't attack other nuclear powers, it' not like America is afraid to invade anyone, they just do it in the name of international bodies and supranational interests, go in, kill a few tribals and force a regime change. China is doing far more with less military power through de facto colonisation of SEA and the Antipodes, along with the time-honoured practise of exploiting Africa's natural resources because the natives aren't quite up to task

>>383894125

America only became a player after WW1 and came into its own post-WW2 with the destruction of Europe.
>>
File: cxl_screenshot_newedzo_107.jpg (739KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cxl_screenshot_newedzo_107.jpg
739KB, 1920x1080px
Cities XL
>>
>>383894214
>america got assblasted so hard during WW1 they had to withdraw

wow how do you know this event that has never come out any soldier or historian anon
>>
I unironically enjoy shitty mobile games. I have more hours in Township and the MLP game than any single game on Steam. Haven't spent any money on them, but I'm tempted.
>>
>>383884785
Isn't that the one that started the whole Vault experiment thing complete with Vault 0? Weren't the vaults legitimate attempts to save people before Tactics came along and changed everything? I can see a lot of people getting pissed at that if that was the case.
>>
File: Fallout4.jpg (264KB, 1494x803px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4.jpg
264KB, 1494x803px
Fallout 4 by far.

Modded out with better textures, lighting, difficulty, gear, sound, and a few other features. This game is fun as fuck if you're not playing vanilla.
>>
>>383889589
Definitely up there, but I remember one on PC that let you pick flaws and perks for your mech, based on a point loadout system. Heavy Arms or Heavy Object or something like that maybe?

Any mech game that can be called a 'simulator' is one of the better ones definitely.
>>
>>383895094
The Vaults still are legitimate attempts to save people, just also trying to make these people useful for science.
Vaulttech isn't full on Aparture Science though, it saves people.
>>
>>383894884
I think he's talking about the Treaty of Versailles, after that they went home.
>>
>>383890604
I thought the controls were very clunky, but I agree that it definitely gets too much hate. I loved that the campaigns actually had a different feel and atmosphere. Chris played very differently from Leon. I wish they had another few dollars and another few months to make it into a full blow 4 different game thing, though.
>>
>>383895551
>Vaulttech
Vault-Tec, that is.

>>383895564
Or the Russian civil war maybe, they were chased out of there along with the allies who invaded to keep Russia in the Great war.
>>
>>383893326
My only problem with 1 was how little I ended up using the powers. And the only actual attack powers ate up all your energy. That said, I'd love more classic and turned based shit in a modern setting. I just love guns so much.
>>
>>383893812
as a broodwar cocksucker i agree with you
I would enjoy a brood wars clone with the control improvements that SC2 introduced
As the koreans would say, Broodwars with easycraft's controls
>>
>>383895727
I think you need to brush up on your history anon, and learn what 'lost' means.
>>
How come Americans and whites are so terrible at handling bantz? You can never take a joke, and instead you just give a dozen "Actually..."s
>>
Rayman 1 is still the best in the series, and 2/3 suck.
>>
>>383884146
>>383884078
People hate because it wasn't the Fallout game they wanted, just like Super Paper Mario is a good game but people hate because it is not a Paper Mario RPG.

It is a solid game, and I like it a lot.
>>
>>383889273
Well. It's idea at least was fresh compared to the other games, and even to those that came later.
It created a divide in the Brotherhood and their travel to Chicago frees them up from the shackles of West Coast lore. They also created something actually new. Fallout 3 was just stuff that we saw on 1 and 2 put together in a terrible way, while New Vegas continued the main story.
>>
>>383890351
They didn't play the true games, anon. Leave it be. Fallout is dead. It is just a LMAO 50s song jukebox with gunplay now.
>>
I've played more games on my phone than my computer in the past couple months.
>>
>>383884078
I like Jagged a Alliance 1 and Deadly Games way more than 2.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (257KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
257KB, 1920x1200px
>>383884078
Oh man, here's a fun one for you.

I legitimately like Ninja Gaiden Yaiba Z, I think it's fucking hilarious and I even like the aesthetic.

It's easily the most indefensible opinion I have since it's a farmed-out westernized God of War bastardization of arguably the best hack n slash series of all time - and not even a good one with how sloppy the parry timing and horrible bargain bin QTE bosses are. You could go on about it for a while.

So it's just a little something I just laugh to myself about.
>>
Far Cry 2
Sure has some obvious flaws but it's still really fun
>>
>>383897472
No doubt it was fresh. It just wasn't what people were expecting. We wanted Fallout 3, not Oblivion with Guns or Wasteland. Tactics is still a good game and is objectively better than the Fallout 3 we ended up with.
>>
>>383898084
It's a cult classic man, easily more liked on /v/ than the sequels.
>>
>>383898252
It's very hit or miss,. it's usually mentioned as either great or dogshit
>>
File: 20170707015356_1.jpg (118KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170707015356_1.jpg
118KB, 1440x900px
>>383884078
Shadow of Mordor. Yeah the combat was easy outside of fighting multiple captains, and the final boss was BS. But overall I had fun with the Nemesis system, and the Torvin DLC as well with the sneaky animals bit.

I'm legit looking foward to Shadow of War and turning it from an Ass Creed/Bahham combat game, into an action rpg with shit like getting items, and gems for gemslots and that kinda crap, along side the whole nature behind attacking forts itself.

Also the idea of befriending Orcs in order to keep their loyalty rather than just brainwashing them like in SoM really tickles me.
>>
File: DA2.jpg (18KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
DA2.jpg
18KB, 256x330px
Was a fucking awesome game together with the original. To bad they already back then started to censor out things, like the big tits on one of the first NPCs you meet in the game. Wish the third game would been released.

Oh, and this is why I liked Dungeon Siege 3 to, It felt like a spiritual successor.
>>
File: Dragon_Age_Inquisition_BoxArt.jpg (56KB, 288x344px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_Inquisition_BoxArt.jpg
56KB, 288x344px
>>383886034
Came here to post this pretty much. People are just memeing the animations from early launch but they fixed that pretty quick.

>>383886248
nice meme, see above.

pic related also a good game as long as you skip the collection quests
>>
File: Drakengard.png (199KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
Drakengard.png
199KB, 250x353px
It's one of my favorite games of all time. Got 100%, and max leveled the main character and all the weapons.

>>383890604
>>383890824
Also really enjoy both of these.
>>
>>383898919
Not that guy, but seriously. Dark Messiah have better animations than both Bethesda RPGs and Bioware RPGs. Also, their games are always the same thing over and over and with Bioware losing competence inbetween every release really hurts em.
>>
>>383899015
But Dark Messiah isn't an RPG. RPGs literally have tens of thousands of dialogues that they have to record. Action games have far fewer. The only exception is Witcher 3 who can actually afford to motion capture every dialogue. Bioware games are made with a smaller budget considering the wage difference of both country.
>>
>>383890205
Not trying to shit on anyone here, but would you consider alot of fucked up vets coming home without any form of winning and most getting PTSD and killing themselves with booze and drugs, only to later after the Cold War ends for Vietnam to accept stuff like McDonalds becuase they had to make money in the face of the Soviet collapse "Winning?"

I'd call it one hell of a sad victory.
>>
>>383898595
i hate to break this to you anon, but most people (including a good chunk of /v/) liked or even loved the game.
>>
>>383899246

Stop making excuses for a fucking developer team. Their animation quality is inexcusable. The games suffer immensely from it and they deserve every piece of criticism they get their way for it.
Now if the rest of the games would actually be above average, people might look passed those wonky animations (see older Bioware games). However, DA:I and ME:A were beyond shit. Not even the new fanbase they've amassed with their SJW tropes could find enough excuses to keep playing.

Bioware is dying for a reason. I'm pretty sure they'll bring out one or two games maximum before being shut down.
>>
>>383899490
Did they? Never really felt it (probably because of all the political shitposting going on around here lately.)
>>
>>383884078
Star Fox Command was still solid despite the rabid hate from the players
>>
>>383899538
>Bioware is dying for a reason.
their publisher
>>
>>383899361
It just goes to show how pointless the entire cold war was. It wasn't so much us that won in the end, it was common sense.
>>
>muh graphics
>herp derp boring plot
>>
>>383893349

If America would try shit vs the entirety of Europe, it would be an even fucking match. Let's hope it never comes that fucking far to begin with.
>>
>>383893349
Ok its time to show the world your real strength. Adopting metric.
>>
>>383899649

I don't care what the cause of the decline in quality is. People aren't buying their games as much anymore, because of the decline in quality. The cause behind it is completely irrelevant in this case.

My normie friend who thought ME3 was the greatest game in the trilogy and thinks the original ME is a piece of garbage that should never have been made, was horribly offended by what he got with ME:A. He was visibly upset how much the game sucked.
>>
>>383899246
Are you serious? Are you saying Bioware got a smaller budget than CD Projekt Red? Mastodont EA behind em? And they cannot for the life of it make proper animations? I imagine Dice is even worse then being stationed in Sweden, they should have some big fucking issues with the taxes and the salaries in Sweden.
>>
>>383899015
Yeah. I was playing KotOR 1 sometime ago and I could not shake the feeling that I had played that game before, and it was ME1. It is so clearly the same game that I could not believe it.

Also KotOR 1 sucks on it's own merits. Fuck you /v/.
>>
I feel alone in this faggy fucking world.
>>
>>383899684
Well never helped that two nations were just doing it because of the fear of Nuclear War could happen at any moment.

Can't imagine what living half a decade of that must have been like. Living EVERY SINGLE DAY, feeling, thinking, that any literal fucking second, the end of all civilization might rain down on you while you were just trying to enjoy life.

>>383899702
I have a small personal beef with the game since I'm a Chicagoan. While I find it neat that they touched a city that barely get's any real attention in terms of Open world sandbox gaming outside of either New York or LA all the time, it was honestly just a "tourist" version of Chicago, with NO FUCKING SOUTHSIDE!

NO CHINA TOWN EITHER! I've always had a small dream to play an open world Chicago and find the area where my house might be.

It was surreal as fuck to see my sister playing the game and driving down in-game version of Lake Shore Drive (the road along the lake obviously) past the area where Buckingham fountain and Lalapalooza typically is.
>>
>>383899564

/v/ was fucking ecstatic over the nemesis system. It was generally hailed as a great system that literally carried the game, which in itself was fairly mediocre otherwise.
>>
File: 1499851853746.gif (2MB, 451x254px) Image search: [Google]
1499851853746.gif
2MB, 451x254px
>>383899538
That's your opinion. I don't play games to see their facial animations. I play them cause they are fun. I find most games enjoyable and I'm happy that way.
DA:I also got a 89 on metacritic but you'll stick with your elitism and claim every critic is wrong anyways. Meanwhile, you can stick with the few games and jerk off to them.
>>
>>383899948
well anon, there's only so much you can do with open world games, I'd have loved a larger map on WD 1 too though
>>
>>383884459
Are you me? I did the same thing with Drake's Fortune.
>>
>>383900009

>that's your opinion
No, that's basically a general consensus made by people who actually tried to objectively gauge the game.

Saying it's a good game because YOU personally found it FUN is like saying watching paint dry is a great hobby, since some people enjoy doing it.
>>
>>383900009
b- but opiniuns!!
>>
>>383900009
Shit can be low quality and be fun; You're just too jaded to face facts.

I love Musou games and I don't go around saying that they're the most polished things ever made with amazing writing, art direction, dialogue, and deep gameplay.
>>
>>383899952
That's my opinion too really. Which is why I'm glad Shadow of War is basically expanding upon the Nemesis system, as well as the combat/gear system by adding a gear system.

You can get Armor and weapons and shit now. Also from watching a dev stream I learned that gem slots are going to be a thing now.

Not gonna lie, I'm hype enough to want to consider pre-ordering it.

You can now fucking tame fucking DRAKES and fly them! Shit's cash. also again, I'm tickled pink by the idea of being bros with Orcs on my side.
>>
>>383900009

It's funny how metacritic user scores give DA:I and ME:A a 5.9 and a 4.3 respectively.
'Critics' aren't massively buying their games anon. Users are. And they do not like their games.
>>
File: GRAND THEFT AUTO.jpg (50KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
GRAND THEFT AUTO.jpg
50KB, 666x666px
>>383885318
It's the best Grand Theft Auto game and it's not up for discussion.
>>
>>383899885
The Witcher 3 had $80million budget and ME:A had $40million. Average salary in Poland is $15000 a year while in Canada it's $50000.
Not hard to do a little bit of Googling. EA's resources is being funneled into Anthem.
>>
>>383899931
Been a while since I played Kotor 1 but that do not suprise me. The whole "lost planet" with a "base" on it and doomsday fleets and shit. Clearly they reuse assets with animations so why not story pieces to. No suprise.
>>
File: CN_chicagosunset.jpg (298KB, 750x350px) Image search: [Google]
CN_chicagosunset.jpg
298KB, 750x350px
>>383900095
Personally I just want more Open world sandbox games based in Chicago. But more like the whole of Chicago instead of Watch Doges tourist version of basically The Loop and The Mag Mile.
>>
>>383900308

Even though I have to admit I'm mildly hyped for Shadow of War as well, I have to insist you do not preorder.
It literally gives you nothing in return for spending your money early. It incentivizes money-grabbing policies (like EA games which get abandoned, etc.)

Just wait until it releases and then buy it if the reviews are decent/good.
>>
File: bloodrayne5[1].jpg (395KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bloodrayne5[1].jpg
395KB, 1024x768px
Criminally underrated.
I don't think there has been better gore since.
>>
>>383900354
So cause EA is fucking retards with the budget...40 millions is still a lot. And how much do you think they spent on PR beside that? Stop fucking protecting scum company.
>>
>>383900129
But that's the point of this whole fucking thread. I never said they are the best, not saying they are better than other games, nor am I saying they are they my favorite games of all time. I just enjoyed them but people didn't. Games don't need to be 10/10 to be enjoyable, anon. Maybe you'll cheer up a bit and stop being so bitter in life.
>>
>>383900401
Only if shitsoft remade WD1 on WD2's engine and added more stuff

it would've been magic
>>
>>383900391
>lost planet with a base
>protagonist has something hidden in his mind

The overall structure of the too. With several orders of progression that you can take to advance the story. Also the Renegade/Paragon Light Side/Dark Side systems.
>>
>>383900505
Yeah that's the thought process that's keeping me from wanting to do it.

I am kinda worried about the "War Chest" thing. Like if it's just sorta like "exclusive" runes or shit then I wouldn't care, but the word itself makes me think Microtransaction for some reason.

Also I wish we knew more about the Legendary Orcs.

But most likely I'll just save my allowence money for when the game comes out and see how it fares. pleasepleaseplease don't suck.
>>
File: télécharger (3).jpg (10KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
télécharger (3).jpg
10KB, 189x267px
>>383884078
Dog Days is one of my favorite gamekino ever
>>
File: Happiest Doggo.jpg (173KB, 960x912px) Image search: [Google]
Happiest Doggo.jpg
173KB, 960x912px
Can I just go slightly off topic and say I fucking love this thread? We're actually talking vidya here and having chill talking.

It's great.
>>
>>383900531
Why do you assume I'm protecting them? If you think DA:I had poor animations you need to get your eyes checked. ME:A had poor animations at first yes, but they fixed that in a patch. You sound like an immature dude who gives a game 0/10 just because you don't like something.
>>
>>383900720
The lo-fi aesthetics were indeed kino
>>
>>383896781
Not him, but americans need to bursh up on what "won" means.
Entering in the last year of a year long and already decided conflict to claim all the credit, doesn't mean you won single-handedly, get all the credit and makes every involved country your bitch for all eternety.
>>
>>383900629
God damn Bioware, they really can only remake shit. I love how people protect their "bad budget" of 40 million dollars and the "500.000" salary a year. Yeah, how about no? That is bullshit considering they had probably a hundred working on it. 40 million is probably just whats pumped into Andromeda the game, not salaries, not PR and such. And the Frostbyte engine that they got to use for free I imagine.
>>
>>383900973
There is plenty of things that is wrong in a Bioware game, but the basic of a Tripple A company is to atleast look alright. When they did not even do that. Have cringe worthy writing, forced ideological shit and boring characters along with MMO mechanics...Along with cringe worthy dialogue in andromeda and other horrible things like holding a gun back side towards the enemy...Killing of the father which was the most interesting character of the Ryders and many other things.

But hey, the combat is good and if someone think Andromeda is bad, they are immature. Good to know man.
>>
>>383884078
>that most people hated
Fuck you nice bait.
>>
>>383901251
I guess it's a good thing I didn't pay for it huh? If I paid $70 for it I'd probably be pissed too. But it's free for me and I found it enjoyable and don't regret my time with it.
>>
>>383900354
>The Witcher 3 had $80million budget and ME:A had $40million. Average salary in Poland is $15000 a year while in Canada it's $50000.
Except Witcher had total budget of 80 mil., 50 mil. of which went into marketing and distribution, and only 30 went into the actual production. In fact the original budget was to be 15 mil. with another 10 as back-up funds.

Meaniwhile, Andromeda had 40 million development budget alone, with additional 40-50 dedicated to marketing. So actually, the development budget is higher on Andromeda than it was on Witcher. And while there are salary differences, almost half of CDPR's team is non-polish and do get paid wages much closer to what they would in their home countries.
For comparison, Witcher actually had lower development budget than Fallout 4 had, too.

Yeah, maybe you should have continued fucking googling.
Also, the problem of Andromeda had fuck all to do with budgeting. The problem was that about 70% of that budget was pissed away on incredibly poor management and production of shit that never made it into the game, while most of what we see was (not cheap) rushjob done over the last year of development, while previous three years of work have been scraped entirely.
>>
File: ME0000410777_2.jpg (52KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
ME0000410777_2.jpg
52KB, 354x500px
>>383884962
>I don't find liking Tactics "contrarian"
Neither do I;
I think OP is just really young.
That young and mentally lacking he thought Fallout: Tactics was pic related.
>>
>>383884078
I'm really sad I can't properly talk about MGSV here. I finished it back in May, and so I had a lot of time to disconnect my brain from the idea it was MGS. Once I did, I had probably the most enjoyable 50 hours of any game I've played as an adult. It was like being 10 and playing Wind Waker for the first time again. The Volgin fight had me screaming in fear as I was running away trying to figure out what to do, and I'm long past the age where games make me feel that intense anymore.That was the moment I realized this game is really special.

I was smiling from ear to ear from start to finish like an idiot. Maybe it's because I never played any of the ubisoft games everyone on /v/ compares it to, but I haven't had that much fun with a videogame in years. I know 90% of /v/ doesn't feel the same way, but even unfinished I just fell in love with what was there.
>>
>>383901498
Jesus fuck man. Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time and I'm not saying ME:A is on par with it. I pirated ME:A and I enjoyed it because the gameplay is good and I don't have to worry about my money. It's easy to have a good life if you'd just stop being so bitter.
>>
>>383901408
What did you do? Pirate it?

>>383901498
No suprise there, lot of "westerners" work for CD Projekt Red and I am 100% sure they don't get a polski salary.
>>
Reminder to ignore anyone that thinks the new bioware games are good. They are all EA Shills.
>>
>>383901723
Dude, I'm just correcting false information you had provided. I don't give a flying fuck about what you think about either games. Just get your data right or fucking don't post them at all.
>>
>>383901734
Yes.
>>383901803
They are enjoyable at least if you can get them for free. But nice opinion.
>>
>>383901634
Actual Fallout fan here since the first game

Tactics is a fucking shit Non-Fallout and not canon, your even worse abomination doesn't change that

Regards
>>
>>383901080
There are many more similarities, KotOR1 is worth playing through again just to find them.
I found that quite amusing.
>>
File: 20170525034230_1.jpg (157KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170525034230_1.jpg
157KB, 1440x900px
Fallout 4 hands down.
>>
>>383901968
That's just shit taste, not being contrarian.
>>
If I restrict myself to /v/'s opinions, then I'd say Skyrim.
It's barely an rpg, but I had tons of fun just exploring, hunting, scavenging and doing all kinds of different challenge runs. In fact I can say that I enjoyed all of Bethesda's games, but for different reasons.

>inb4 Toddposter
>>
>>383901824
I'm really curious where you get that ME:A had an addition $40million for marketing considering EA doesn't even disclose their sales figure to the public.
>>
>>383900534

>moving goal posts

Here is you making excuses on behalf of Bioware;
>Came here to post this pretty much. People are just memeing the animations from early launch but they fixed that pretty quick.
>Bioware games are made with a smaller budget considering the wage difference of both country

You didn't just say; I enjoy this game, but I realise it's shit. No. You said; this game is actually good considering the limitations of Bioware.

I just called you out on your bullshit, since being in a contrarian thread does not make you immune to criticism on stupidity. Bioware games are getting less popular because their quality is quickly degrading. Even the most washed up normies realise this.

It's time to accept reality anon.
>>
>>383885267
I know this was the point of this thread, but I want you to know if we ever meet I'm going to beat the living shit out of you. They killed the only good MMO, are you happy now?
>>
>>383902070
>LE BETHESDA IS BAD meme
yes, reddit, we heard you for the past 5 years of endless shitposting

what has obsidian shat out recently that wasnt complete fucking dog shit? please say that pillars game because i got some screens for you
>>
>>383886034
christ, I know for certain we'd never be friends in real life.
>>
>>383884078
>no stein
Missing out one of the most versatile early characters
>>
>>383902070
>Post games that you love, that most people hated.

Well there ya go then. Currently not playing it since I had a good long run with a Level 55 Brotherhood of Steel character.
>>
>>383902194
Who said anything about Obsidian?
Can't a game be bad on its own?
>>
>>383902105
Everyone knows Skyrim is a great game for a good fap
>>
>>383902145
If you said it was bad in terms of game design, poor writing, poor acting, I probably would have agreed. It's definitely no Witcher 3. But DA:I had poor animations? Come the fuck on now.
ME:A was bad at first but they weren't as bad as people make them out to be. Is it good? No. But it's tolerable considering I spent most of my time on the open world in full body suits.
>>
File: ap_gelato-1.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ap_gelato-1.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>383884308 #
>AP
My nigger. Since we're in the contrarian thread: Alpha Protocol is one of the best-written RPGs of all time.
>>
>>383902354
I'm too autistic to fap while playing vidya. I do it while watching actual porn. The terrible mod body proportions and animations trigger the fuck out of me, so I stay away from that stuff.
>>
Destiny had been my favorite game to play for the past 3 years and I'm really looking forward to the sequel. I was pretty dissapointed after hearing the initial info on the game but a lot of changes will fix things I really hated about the first one. It's one the only games I play that I can't talk about it online since everyone here hates it and the reddit community is more of a detriment than anything else. Maybe, MAYBE if the sequel isn't a complete fucking hack job on release like the first game, has enough weapons armour and other drops to replace the double-triple rng random rolls on everything (thank fucking god) and doesn't come with dlc areas left in the game for later, then I could possibly discuss it here a bit before it gets bombarded by shitposting.

Sometimes I wish that the hundreds of people on my friends list who still play this shit every other day and would swap to a different multiplayer game I'm interested in. Or any dead mmo for that matter.
>>
>>383902372

It's not just the animations. It's the overal writing, gameplay and story that have gone down the shitter as well.
>>
>>383902194

Reddit is the only one guilty of actually being contrarian enough to enjoy Fallout 3 Fallout 4 and retarded shit like Dragon Age: Inquisition and Mass Effect 2, 3 and Andromeda.
>>
>>383884308
I enjoyed this game for what it was but it felt like it could have been more with either a sequel or an expansion to polish some stuff,
>>
>>383884949
"The exception that proves the rule" might be the single worst expression of them all.
>>
>>383900691
>allowence money
You must be 18 or older to post here.
>>
>>383888379
Everyone knows there are deserts in the US and Mexico where the hell did you grow up?
>>
File: SadCat.jpg (44KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
SadCat.jpg
44KB, 567x437px
>>383903241
I'm 23 but can't find my first job because no one calls or emails back at all. When I say first job, I mean shit like fast food joints or even grocery stores.

The allowance is just my way of being able to buy shit I want. Otherwise I'm shit out of luck for money outside of Birthdays and Christmases and shit.
>>
>>383902791
All games are free for me so I don't have to let their prices affect my opinion.
>Animations
DA:I had amazing animations so I don't know what people are saying. ME:A had poor animations and I don't deny that, but it isn't the "WORSE THING EVER" that people make them out to be and saying it's a 0/10 just because of the animation makes you look underage.
>Gameplay and story
DA:I didn't have the most interesting gameplay considering it's an RPG. Main story was good and I skipped all the side quests. ME:A actually had fun combat. Story was meh and I rushed it.
Now compare this to the indie platformer games that everyone praise so much. If you don't take their prices into account the former 2 actually is quite good in comparison. Not the best, but good enough that it's enjoyable.
I wouldn't recommend people to buy it, but I'll tell them to go to the bay and have fun with it.
>>
>>383903158

How about "outliers aren't proof against a general statement" or "you're cherrypicking"
>>
>>383903505
Outliers can definitely be proof against a statement, depending on circumstances. Talking Deathclaws does sound goofy enough to bring down the general seriousness of the setting.
>>
>>383903391
Im 24 with 2 degrees and the best Ive gotten lately is emails confirming that they will review my resume. Its hard D:
>>
>>383903391
>>383903772
Aply for the us post office if you live in the US. They have literally no standards other than being able to drive and pee clean you will have a job within a month.
One warning the job sucks ass but its a pay check.
If thats to much then apply to be a flagger for any construction company. as long as you are capable of standing up for a few hours they will hire you.
>>
>>383903772
>>383903391
26 here, STEM degree. I'm a security guard because no one else has even bothered calling back. You don't even get a courtesy message that they hired someone else so you can stop waiting and look elsewhere these days. Shit fucking sucks. Even applied to the Navy and they didn't take me.

Security's nice, though. Pay's pretty good, but not fantastic, but 80 percent of my day is sitting at a computer doing nothing. I'm learning Japanese and shitposting on 4chan while I'm at work right now.
>>
>>383903772
Oh come on anon don't be mean. I'm serious about my situation. I've been trying since the middle of high school and I have NO FUCKING IDEA why no one is calling or emailing me back ever.

Even for something like a stocker or Cashier at a local grocery store won't email back. I have no experience, no real resume, can't afford college, I can't do anything about it other than hope my Sister can get me a job at a Walgreens.

Hell I'm not a troublemaker, never broke the law, my record is clean. I do the resumes, I do the online applications and paper applications, I wait patiently, and nothing ever happens.
>>
>>383904060
>26 here, STEM degree. I'm a security guard because no one else has even bothered calling back. You don't even get a courtesy message that they hired someone else so you can stop waiting and look elsewhere these days. Shit fucking sucks.
I fucking know that feel right the fuck there brother.

I wish that was a mandatory law in this country, that people who didn't get the job were TOLD. At least it would be an answer.
>>
>>383903158
>"The exception that proves the rule" might be the single worst expression of them all.

If any given example X is exceptional, the fact that it is exceptional proves there is a trend for it to be exceptional from.
Some women are very strong. This is notable, because most women aren't very strong. Those few strong women prove the rule by being an exception, as they couldn't be an exception of there wasn't a trend.

Following?
>>
File: blue-door-feet-598005-o[1].jpg (1MB, 3373x2249px) Image search: [Google]
blue-door-feet-598005-o[1].jpg
1MB, 3373x2249px
>>383892081
>shadman
>>
>>383884861
ayo hol up f2 had that too
>>
>>383895094
AYO HOL UP F2 started that "Vault-Tec created vaults for experimenting on people" thing, too, did nobody in this thread actually play these games or something
>>
>>383904271
Yes, but now you're saying "trend" not "rule". If some women are strong than women being weak is not a rule.
>>
>>383904482
Shut up. Don't go telling truths that won't help them hate a game.
>>
>>383893019
Qft and screencapped
>>
>>383904610
This is just you being anal about what "rule" means in general conversation.
When someone says the rule is morning buses are always cramped, he doesn't mean this is a law of physics.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
I know it's the inferior version of the ps1 game, I just never had any occasions to play Medievil 1&2 and basically forgot until not long ago.
A shame that my ps1 emulator doesn't seem to work.
>>
>>383905456
Just get a fucking BIOS. If you don't know how to use mednafen you just didn't read anything about it.
If it is ePSXe or PCSX-R. Well, wtf.
>>
>>383903629
As a general rule, deathclaws don't talk.
>but there are some that do!
The fact that they are exceptional proves the general rule is in effect.
>>
>>383905674
Do all Deathclaws in Tactics talk?
>>
>>383903629

They are proof against an absolute statement not a general one, in the case of a general one they are proof of the general statement being that they're an outlier
>>
>>383888379
>The average european doesn't even think of deserts as anything other than "where arabs live".

No, we really don't.
>>
>>383905597

It is a pain in the arse to get the right 3 BIOS's, one of them you need to download a differently named one with the same hash and rename it to mednafen's preferred BIOS, I spent about a day fiddling with it before I realised I'd renamed the wrong one
>>
>>383905731
No, as a general rule deathclaws in Tactics don't talk.
>>
>>383900720
fuck yeah i played the shit out of it. missed out on multiplayer. It was dead before i even realized there was a sequel.
>>
>>383884368

I'd add that combat felt a bit too underwhelming, but I agree - everything else felt the same way but also it tried to be fantasy 1870s without relying on the steampunk meme too much. I fucking loved the charm of the game.
>>
>>383907970
Multiplayer was fucking amazing, it was alive on Tunngle for few years, shame it's dead now
>>
>>383884078

I prefer Crysis 2 and 3 to 1.
>>
Final Fantasy XIII-2 and LR are good games cursed by the bad reputation of the first entry in the trilogy
>>
>>383884078
>>383884146
Fallout combat was always mediocre at best, so a game focusing entirely on combat isn't going to be very good. Sure they improved the combat a bit, but not nearly enough to stand on its own compared to far superior games like Jagged Alliance 2 which came out only a year before. The real time bullshit didn't any favors either.

Also it was buggy as fuck, but I guess the same goes for every Fallout game ever made.
>>
>>383887372
Why oh why didn't they make the campaign co-op, it would've been beautiful.
>>
Crysis 2 and 3 are great.
>>
>>383884301
Wut? People hated Far Cry 1?
>>
>>383902107
>I'm really curious where you get that ME:A had an addition $40million for marketing considering EA doesn't even disclose their sales figure to the public.
First of all, what do SALES have to do with BUDGETING.
Second of all: it's very simple: marketing being equal to around 1.2 to 1.6 times the actual development budget is a current AAA industry standards that has been observed by absolute majority of contemporary AA and AAA industry.
>>
File: kingdom-hearts-re-4e264c5e9a1fc.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kingdom-hearts-re-4e264c5e9a1fc.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
>>383884078
Most creative combat in the series, honestly.
Sleights are awesome.
https://youtu.be/olS992WYw34
>>
>>383884078
can't post pics cuz I'm not on pc but Hatred
>>
>>383884078
Battlefield 3 and 4 (I think most people here like BC2, but not the later ones, I liked all of them but 1). No other game offered 64 man official servers with quickplay, and had the playerbase and to consistently fill them. That alone makes it impressive, and it odes so without sacrificing fun shooting and vehicle combat. the only complaints I can see is that leveling is grindy, servers were down every once in a while, and DLC weapons were sometimes OP.
>>
>>383898976
Drakengard gets too bad a rap for what it is. It has flaws, certainly (like the camera) but it's not a bad game.
>>
>>383884078
>Hating on Tactics
Is this some sort of meme? Because the game was based as fuck and everyone was praising it back in the day.
>>
>>383884842
>Tactics
>More serious
Either you are blind to irony or didn't play the game. It was as goofy as previous two Fallouts
>>
Star Fox Assault is my favorite Star Fox, I wish they succeeded on what they did in that game instead of 64.
>>
>>383912196
Battlefield 4 is great. Me and my friends used to play 1 every once in a while after it came out, but we started playing 4 again recently and now we can't go back.

Moral of the story: DICE LA good, DICE Sweeden bad.
>>
>>383895094
Nope. that was Fallout 2. Fallout 1 meanwhile had ironic failures. Like for example Vault 13 was supposed to have the best water purification system right after the Vault under Bakersfield (Necropolis) or how the roofing in Vault 15 was extra-strenghtened (so it collapsed) and so on and forth.
In fact, Fallout 2 didn't really dwell into the whole experiment stuff. It was Fallout Bible that extensively focused on this. It was never canon, but when Bethesda took over, they made FB into literal gospel of the game, plus added their own bullshit to them.

Either way, as far as Interplay games are concerned, Vaults were still build to save people, but in the same time collect data on their behaviour. So no, it wasn't as malicious as it looks in F3 or 4, but it was still an experiment. Just different scale and direction, while Vaults in F3 are literally deathtraps.
>>
I have a blast playing Far Cry 2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with malaria, if you approach it as actual being sick and not gameplay mechanics.

t. pharmacist
>>
>>383895094
Reverse. This is the only one that outright drops the whole "Vaults were an experiment, because the government was evil" and "Vaults were shit, because people who build them were the lowest bidder". But it has an AI that was running waaaaaay to long without debugging and eventually turned into life-eradicating maniac rather than a force to help restore the world.
>>
>>383910740
I've heard some people refer to it as the odd one in the series, since it doesn't follow the shitty Ubisoft open world formula the rest of the games do. Their loss I guess.
>>
>>383917279
The real reason is that average /v/ user is younger than FC1. Much younger.
>>
>>383917279
>since it doesn't follow the shitty Ubisoft open world formula the rest of the games do.
Well, Far Cry 1 was actually a (spiritual) prequel to Crysis, not to Far Cry 2: Far Cry 2 and all of the following games have about as much in common with Far Cry 1 as Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising had to do with the original Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis.
>>
>>383884368
the interactions were fucked. what i remember was you couldnt choose and could only do the re loaded ones unlike 2 where you could go around and flip you ever off. also the fact you had to go to each building individually to repair it instead of a repair all. literally 30 minutes of repairing your assets
>>
Bioshock Infinite was pretty good. Nowhere near where it was promised (and they could easily fulfill those promises, which makes it all more saddening), but it was still a solid game with decent story.
>>
>>383885817
I like you anon. F3 was the shit
>>
>>383885606
It was basically a throwback to Wasteland, really.
>>
>>383884078

i loved fallout tactics but i stopped playing very close to the end because multiple of my guys died on a mission in a way that was almost unavoidable

ran into a machine with a gatling laser and he just 1shot two people in a turn before i got to move

i was playing iron man and it was a long ass mission i couldn't be bothered to replay
>>
>>383884146
Less story more shooty
>>
>>383884078
My fave far cry: 2
One was okay, 2 was diamond in the rough ironically, 3 was dogshit for braindead retard dudebros, blood dragon was 3 with neon paint, dropped it after that.
>>
File: 1494279648435.jpg (51KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494279648435.jpg
51KB, 499x500px
>>383893173
yeah and those cultures still survive to this day. their people are still distinct.

America's empire will never fall and do you know why? We're slowly absorbing every single person on this planet into our hegemonic culture.

See, you want to compare America to European empires? You're comparing it to the wrong ones. America is the new Rome. European empires crumbled and collapsed with no successors, no real effect. If anything, they mostly just created a lot of strife out of the power vacuums that followed in the wake of their death. America is turning everybody into an American. In 1,000 years nobody will even fucking care about the arbitrary lines in the sand Europeans like to call an "empire", knowledge of them will be reserved for extreme history autists like ancient empires. They'll sit down in their space station, some hundreds of lightyears away from Earth, only faintly aware it's some shitty place we came from as they bite into a McDonalds hamburger.

Chew on that, eurocuck.
>>
>>383884078
As someone who played all of the OG fallouts as a kid I still fucking loved Tactics. I also never saw people hating on it, it's just not discussed but the one or two times I saw a thread about it people seemed to like it a lot.
Thread posts: 375
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.