[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game worth playing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 28

File: 516641_1.jpg (38KB, 450x369px) Image search: [Google]
516641_1.jpg
38KB, 450x369px
Is this game worth playing?
>>
No, it's boring and way too long. Characters were bland. Story, not that good. Also, it looks ugly.
>>
Yes. One of the best JRPGs and 3DS games ever.
Inb4 sub 80 IQ anons complaining about the lategame.
>>
I dislike all the chatacters. Other than that, it plays like a regular JRPG.
>>
File: 1498423137500.jpg (313KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498423137500.jpg
313KB, 900x1200px
I'd say that it's one of the best JRPG series on portable platforms, if not the best.
Sequel is good too, arguably better as far as world building, pacing, build diversity and character interactions go, though with worse music.
>>
>>383883938
No, it's trash and has a stupid name.
>>
>>383884515
>world building, pacing, build diversity and character interactions go
You've gotta be kidding me.
>>
>>383884625
>adds a shitload of details about Great Plague and whole Crystal Orthodoxy struggle
>keeps good pacing up to the final chapter while throwing side quests your way instead of blowing out all it got in first half like Default then re-using existing content hard
>adds a shitload of new cool class and skill combinations and improves shit classes from the first game, makes endgame mages actually viable thanks to spellcrafting
>you actually learn a whole lot more about returning characters in Second than you could in original, especially Edea who gets possibly the most powerful moment out of both games in Yoko side quests, even Tiz becomes sufferable thanks to Altair
>>
>>383883938
Best RPG in the last 5 years maybe
Is the real final fantasy successor
>>
It's basically Final Fantasy V with all of its strengths and flaws intact.
>>
>>383883938
i haven't gotten that far in it because I only started playing it recently, but the battle system is the best i've ever experienced in a jrpg, the job classes are varied and interesting and the music is fantastic
the story is nothing special but the game is carried by.. well, the gameplay
>>
>>383885015
I'll give you the bit about the Plague, it was pretty good. But the rest is just not true.
The story development went the absolutely wrong way. The Moon was degraded to the village rebuilding mini-game, instead of being a new overworld. Celestial realm turned into a part of the game's fictional universe with its own history, characters and deities, instead of being the player's world, the real world. The returning characters had their personalities simplified or outright changed in some cases. The new villains motivations make no sense. Magnolia was turned from a sassy action girl to another meek and indecisive female who can't do anything without a man. And the said man, Yew was by far worse than Tiz, who was actually more of a blank character in the first game. The new "protagonist" has personality and it's absolutely terrible. The list goes on.
Sure, there were some gameplay improvements, but the old classes didn't get fixed, the Summoner is still shit, the old abilities got weirdly reshuffled, so Thief unlcoks one of its most powerful abilities, the health steal as one of its first etc. And yeah, magic became viable, to say the least, up to the point that Meteor Rain spam overshadows everything else, eliminating any semblance of build variety. And the new job that breaks the game, Wzard, is the very first job you get.
>>
>>383883938
Literally the most overrated game of all time compared to how shit it actually is. Holds all the same flaws as a 90s jrpg but since it had decent looking backgrounds and a built in turbo button, it was a "revival" of the genre. Plotwise it's nothing special, very by the numbers similar to recent japanese games like the new fire emblems, far worse than some generic Golden Sun type of world, especially due to the fact that it is 10 hours in length replayed 5 times over
>>
>>383885620
Why do people who never played the game always resort to this argument? I finished all the loops in 2 hours, I spent longer than that just grinding abilities for the sheer joy of it.
>>
>>383885620
>Holds all the same flaws as a 90s jrpg
And the same strengths too.
The thing is, they don't make 90s style jrpgs anymore, they kinda stopped around when FFX came out. However, people do miss those games and like the genre. This game's popularity is proof for this.
If you don't like 90s jrpgs, that's your problem.
>>
>>383883938
very overrated. you need a decent story in a jrpg to keep it from getting boring. This one doesn't have one. The combat is decent but it can't carry the game by itself.
>>
>>383885620
kek i've spent over ten hours on the game and i'm only in chapter 3 i think
some of the asterisk holder battles are fucking hard until you find the correct strategy
i heard it gets harder when you get further so i'm kinda excited (although i'm sure i'll have more jobs and job combos by then to soften things up)
>>
>>383886005
t. someone who never finished the game
>>
>>383885528
>the Summoner is still shit
Summoner got turned into one of the best magic casters, the hell you're talking about. Spellcraft + summoning amp abilities turn him into the best damage dealer for vast majority of the game, to a point it's only overshadowed by meteor spam in endgame. It also got spiritmaster rolled into it so with limit breaker you can reach 200% magical attack with a single buff.
>>
File: 523.jpg (301KB, 1280x1868px) Image search: [Google]
523.jpg
301KB, 1280x1868px
I loved it and I barely play JRPGs.
>>
>>383886094
BD is hard as balls if you turn off random encounters and avoid the most broken endgame abilities. But the fact that you can still topple every boss with proper Brave/Default strategy makes it an addictive challenge.
>>
>>383886413
well that's the thing, bosses feel more like puzzles than stat checks
it has me way more engaged than most jrpgs
>>
File: IMG_4745.png (315KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4745.png
315KB, 600x800px
The girls were very attractive so there's that
>>
>>383886551
It gets even better, my fondest memory is fighting some dragon in a cave system early on. Died over and over, finally got it by the skin of my teeth after all the party members brought their A game.

Too bad most people missed out on this because they looked up a "Top 10 Ways to Break the Game" let's player on youtube before even playing it.
>>
>>383885717
I certainly did play it. I "finished" the game and didn't bother "replaying" it because the story fell flat for me and was offended that they would do what they did with the resources they had.

>>383885875
I like jprgs and replay them often. I just don't feel the story for this kept my interest. The characters are too generic and the world while some times pretty lacks the character of a classic final fantasy game, persona, any suikoden or even breath of fire 2, golden sun, other low quality jrpgs etc. the character sprites look straight out of some shovelware game.
>>
>>383886819
The world isn't any better or worse compared to any of those games though. I think you are just getting older.
>>
>>383886819
>persona

Good taste, "literally just Tokyo" for 9 games in a row is so underrated.
>>
>>383883938
Bravely Third when ?
>>
File: 1481271224721.jpg (213KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481271224721.jpg
213KB, 800x800px
>>383886701
>girls were very attractive
Damn right they were.
>>
>>383886787
yeah i hear ya
as someone who played a lot of FF5 and snapped it in half, i'm enjoying going completely blind in BD and learning as i go
>>
Literal perfection.
>>
I really want Ringabel to be the Third's protagonist.
>>
So it's basically old FF for people who only play Square JRPGs?
>>
No, it's really fucking boring.
>>
>>383884035
it's worse than EO and SMTIV
>>
File: 1498961801409.jpg (168KB, 744x967px) Image search: [Google]
1498961801409.jpg
168KB, 744x967px
Just yes
>>
File: justfam.png (51KB, 183x233px) Image search: [Google]
justfam.png
51KB, 183x233px
>>383887147
>You will never caress their sweaty hips and feel their moist flesh ripple off your fingertips while they stick their raw clammy feet in your mouth and make you whimper like a cavalier king charles spaniel

Why live?
>>
>>383889819
I'm not big on JRPGs in general, but I really enjoy this series. The job system is really fun.
>>
>>383883938
It is if you don't mind the fact the main characters are dumb as fuck and ruined everything.
>>
>>383886551
>bosses feel more like puzzles than stat checks
That's absolutely true. Even if you max out your levels and jobs, you'll still get your ass kicked if you have zero strategy.
>>
>>383893935

>Tiz is just a regular lad

>ringabell was a pretty much a trollish casanova

>Agnes has antitrust issues and was very girlish

>Edea was just a stubborn girl with wrong ideological beliefs (until the end of BD, BS she was pretty much the smartest of the group.)

simplicity != stupid
>>
>>383883938
One of the best handheld JRPGs
>>
File: BDFFedeafreelancer.jpg (24KB, 252x553px) Image search: [Google]
BDFFedeafreelancer.jpg
24KB, 252x553px
>>383883938
this board has conflicted feelings on this game

> it saved the jrpg industry in North America

> but censored gaming also put on our throats, well the censorship of the game, causing some guys here trying to find as many flaws as possible.

I personally fell in love with the game. You will never find out if you like it if you don't play it.
>>
Best soundtrack of the decade 2bh.
>>
>>383894663
It's not their background, but how they act throughout the story. They could've avoided killing lots of people if they just tried to reason with people before jumping into the fight. Although I give it to them that playing dumb in from of Airy was indeed the best course of action, if you ignore the implications of doing that.
>>
I regret spendning so much time into it, in the end it wasn't worth it at all. I also played the original japanese version so there weren't even any changes to the story when you had to replay it and you literally had to do the same thing over and over again and they didn't even give new dialogues to the bosses you re-defeated. Despite cute Yoshida deisgns I found the world overall very bland. It looks nice, but there is nothing interesting about it, as there is nothing interesting about the characters themselves. I really wanted to like the game, but in the end I can't even say that I disliked it - I don't even feel like I played it at all because it all was so boring.
>>
>>383895503
Confirmed bullshit. The international version added new side quests and dialogues in the later chapters, which were identical in the original Japanese version.
>>
>>383895350
most of the asterisk holders were pretty much impossible to reason. even the ones like profiteur were ready to fight to the death because of the money/power they could get by killing the protagonists.
>>
It's so good, you'll want to play it twice!

Which is a shame, because it makes you play it seven times.
>>
>>383895794
>profiteur
He was one among the undoubtedly evil ones. All of his incarnations were.
The Sky Knights on the other hand originally had an order to capture the vestal alive and see that no harm comes to her. It seems the order was warped somewhere along the chain of command it was passed down by. But in one of the later fights Heinkel outright tells you that, but you still somehow manage to find a reason to fight him.
>>
>>383895503
No, they fucking weren't. Did you play it? In original jap version there were almost no changes to the dialogues. I was surprised so checked the forums what's up with doing the same thing over and over again and people were talking about dialogues that weren't in my version. Apparentaly you learned side bosses backstories/ the way you approached them changed in the international but in the original jap one there we n o changes to anything.
>>
>>383896041
>it makes you play it seven times

Never played it but plan to do it, what does it mean?
>>
>>383895760
>>383896064
>>
>>383895995
>>
>>383896086
You misquoted, and it's a spoiler, and it's justified and explained in the story.
If you really do plan to play this game, you should abandon this thread asap, because you're risking reading massive spoilers.
>>
File: kronk.png (12KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
kronk.png
12KB, 500x294px
>>383895503
>>
>>383896064
That's what I just said.
Although I misread your original post. I thought you were saying the original version was the same as FF/FtS. My bad.
>>
>>383883938
I was bored shitless and quit about 15 hours in. It has a lot of heart and was obviously a honest attempt at making the end-all classic JRPG, but it's just pointless. Characters are nice but nothing special, the battle system is interesting but gets old really quick, exploration feels fake, there is no sense of wonder because everything is just a tad too familiar, villains are slightly too cartoonish to be taken seriously yet slightly too jarringly violent to be feel-good. It's all slightly wrong.

Imagine this shit. You can switch difficulty AND encounter rates on the fly. You can set any encounter rate from the menu. It sounds great on paper but somehow doesn't add shit to the game and perhaps even detracts from it.
>>
>>383896192
Oops, yeah.
It's alright, spoilers tend to flew right over my head when I don't know the context. I fucking hate this japanese trope when you have to fight again the previous bosses to finish the game though, will I like BD anyway?
>>
>>383896196
?
>>
>>383896538
If you hate this trope then honestly good luck
>>
>>383896538
It's impossible for anyone but yourself to answer the question if you'll like the game or not. I can tell you that, yes, you do fight the previous bosses in this game.
And you shouldn't take the spoilers for this game lightly, because the story heavily relies on a twist, and is very easily spoiled, like Persona 4.
>>
>>383896482
it's your fault being a pussycat by overusing the difficulty settings
>>
>>383896538
well maybe you would just like to play bravely second with just knowing the story of the first game
>>
>>383896774
What do you mean "overusing"? I played on Hard for a while and was bored to death. I switched to Normal to speed things up and was still bored as fuck.
>>
>>383896673
Mate... I'm just about to play Persona 4 for the first time, how did you know?
this is spooky

>>383896630
>>383896845
Ok then well I can always try the first one and if I don't like it play the second
>>
>>383883938
I never finished the first game. I did the reboot 4 times and realized I was only halfway and stopped playing.
But I'm thinking of playing the second. Any reason I shouldn't?
>>
bravely third when
>>
>>383897551
Second feels like a cheap anime adaptation, rather than an FF successor.
Well, maybe YOU will like it, since you seem to have shit taste.
>>
File: 1458758751141.jpg (113KB, 500x536px) Image search: [Google]
1458758751141.jpg
113KB, 500x536px
>>383885528
I agree with you, but you're forgetting to mention the details of the story from Second that doesn't make sense or aren't explained. They're dumb but they annoy me.

>If Magnolia tought she and Yew were proposed during the first three chapters of the game why didn't she tell Yew her real name until the end?
>Why Altair tells Vega that the gang has de compass? Why she cares? Plus, they don't even have them, Denys took it with him to sacrifice himself with Diamante.
>How the fuck Denys survived and came back?
>Why Angelo and Aimee joined the bad guys? Everyone else has their motives, what about them?
>Why are the asterisk holders of Default alive? Praline, Braev, Derosso and Yulyana are the only ones who DIDN'T die in the first world. They can't be from another world. Owen, Nastasha and Olivia are still dead. Did Deneb save them via time travel? Why didn't she save the innocent people who died too?
>How did the bad guys get their fucking enourmous flying city?
>Who killed Vega? Why?
>How did Altair arrive into Luxendarc with just a rocket?
>How can everyone just forgive so lightly the bad guys during the New Game after all what they did?
>>
>>383898124
>compass
I think that was supposed to be the last project they've worked together on or something.
>survived and came back
The power of friendsh... I mean the power of SP. It's really just there for more dramatic effect. But in the end the only thing it actually accomplishes is it devalues his sacrifice completely.
>Owen, Nastasha and Olivia
If you don't fail that side quest on the first try, you can save them all, so I assume that's the canon outcome.
>Who killed Vega?
The Illuminati did.

Fuck if I know the rest. As you said, it just doesn't make sense. Second is a shoddy low budget sequel that sold on the people's good faith in the original.
Also, don't forget that Yulyana was the only one who knew how to make asterisks, yet all these literallywho new jobs in the sequel have an asterisk of their own.
And that Eternia having no contact with the rest of the world was a big plot point in the first game, yet apparently that had that huge seaport of Gathelatio this whole time.

Ugh, the inconsistencies just go on and on, and just thinking about them makes me m/sad about how the sequel turned out.
>>
>>383889819
Yeah But with brave points and defaults and special attacks.
>>
actually, yulyanna hid those asterisks in the place before diamante crashed.
>>
File: 1458758812458.jpg (151KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458758812458.jpg
151KB, 600x480px
>>383898124

>What happened in Vega and Altair's wolrd that forced them to escape to another dimension?
>What was Gathelatio and the Crystal Guard doing during the events of Deafult? Wasn't Eternia, the source of the war against crystalism, the neigbour city?
>How were Braev and the soldiers of Eternia forgiven so lightly after everything they did to the rest of the world?

I'm not even metioning Ringabel's part (since it looks like it will be covered in another game) or the duo or trio of dumb soldiers Sapp and Piddler. They purpose was purely comic relief, they didn't aport anything to the game at all except for having one or two boss fights from no-where. Bravely Second had good ideas, but there's a great waste of potential (story-wise) too.
>>
>>383898910
but sapp and piddler were awesome bosses...
>>
>>383885620
The loops can be made in 15-20 minutes each, I'm sorry if you have ADHD
>>
File: BS_Holly_Whyte_Artwork.png (255KB, 330x622px) Image search: [Google]
BS_Holly_Whyte_Artwork.png
255KB, 330x622px
>>383883938
There're many waifu-tier girls in this game.

>you'll never be dominated by Holly
>she'll never aggressively straddle you and relief herself after losing a battle to a bunch of kids
I really envy Barras in this regard.

Also,
>you'll never be mindbroken by Mephilia
>you'll never be ordered around by Einheria
>you'll never be Artemia's prey
>Konoe will never put her desguise before sex with you just so she can moan
>you'll hotglue Airy and her sister
>you'll never be last longer in bed with Praline due to her music's buffs
>you'll never keep punching Victoria in the face until she dies
>>
>>383899279
we need more original artwork
>>
>>383886126
Maybe he didn't finish it but I did. The story diminishes the further you get.

>do this over and over and over again
>>
>>383899279
>Barras is a certified master of eastern medicine with enough experience to teach students and open a clinic together with Holly
Second added some damn good details about characters.
>>
File: 1427489983146.jpg (4KB, 146x147px) Image search: [Google]
1427489983146.jpg
4KB, 146x147px
Pros:
>amazing combat system that seriously never gets old and shines during bossfights
>strategies feel very satisfying and rewarding.
>FF-like world
>Job system makes you more powerful and keeps things fresh
>Asterisk-holder are fun fights you might struggle with and they show how a job works during battle
>You can set the random encounter rate
>you can set the speed of battle
>grinding is very streamlined thanks to the boni you get if you stomp the enemy

Cons:
>boring story that only slows you down
>characters are flat (I only found Ringabel to be entertaining but he gets repetetive)
>Equipment progression lacking something that might spice character-building up
>If you break the game the challenge disappears
>slight RNG
>items and specials locked behind the rebuilding of the city

I usually focus on the strenghts and man, the combat is just a bliss to play.
But what might be my favourite feature is the customization of the random encounter rate.
Every JRPG with Random encounters should have that.
I enjoyed not having to battle thousand opponents and just going straight to the boss only to redo him many times to find the perfect strategy.
I didn't mention the music because it feels off sometimes with EPICNESS playing during calm dialogue and average city themes.
That Boss battle theme is mad hype though.
>>
>>383898632
>Yulyana was the only one who knew how to make asterisks, yet all these literallywho new jobs in the sequel have an asterisk of their own.

The new asterisks came from Diamante. Not saying it gels well with pre-established lore, just saying that's what the game tells you.
>>
File: bravely default.jpg (27KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
bravely default.jpg
27KB, 320x320px
>>383885528

Yew was fine as a character and I like him for all the worldbuilding his dorky ass would dump. He played well as a little brother figure to the returning cast.

Magnolia was a huge fucking letdown. Nearly every time she speaks it is to/about Yew.

But together, their retarded romantic subplot ruined every scene they were in, which also happened to be 70% of the damn game.

>>383901519

This is a good post.

I'd like to add that the game has a "charm factor" that is kind of polarizing. I can forgive most of the plot/character/worldbuilding flaws because I still liked the IDEA behind them all, but other people don't have this ability and that's okay too.
>>
>>383883938
I liked it pretty much. Game had a great pacing, I liked the characters. The end was strange, with all that we know who the real villain is and then be suprised about it.

Edea was great and the only reason I beat the game.

But I can´t play Second for some reason, dunno why but it doesn´t feel as good as default.
>>
You guys just gave me the idea of a 0 encounter, hard mode run. Is it even actually possible?
>>
>>383883985
>it looks ugly

We're not talking about you here
>>
>>383902323
I'd say no because I tried avoiding encounters as much as possible but I always met a boss that just completely wipes your party with one attack even at 100% HP.
You just need some HP to avoid getting OHKOd.
Mephilia Venus for example has an Earth attack that wiped me repeatedly early on.

But maybe some anon made it happen and I'm just bad
>>
>All those complaints about the generic shounen settings and story
How about you stop playing JRPG then idiots
>>
>>383902779
>Sequel is almost objectively worst than predecessor
>It's fine to just deal with that because jrpgs shit themselves all the time and that's just the way of things even though literally the only other game in the series wasn't like that
>>
>>383902779
If you playing kind of rpg just for gameplay systems you basically suck
>>
i love the random battles where you brave 16 times in a row to win on the first turn and the boss battles where you default and occasionally heal until you have 4 turns stacked up and then nuke them, really engaging stuff
>>
>>383903661
It's also really satisfying when you first break the system by doing the red mage poison trick and get +4 extra turns every turn.
>>
Great gameplay, absolutely fantastic for anyone who enjoys turn based combat and job systems.

But everything else is super mediocre, I couldn't bother finishing it.
>>
>>383883938
Its fantastic. Just remember to speed through chapter 5-8
>>
>>383886551
Yeah this is something I loved, working out a good way to beat the bosses instead of just spamming attacks and heals like in some other RPGs.
>>
>>383905003
fuck rusalka tho
>>
File: 1447550108865.png (189KB, 294x282px) Image search: [Google]
1447550108865.png
189KB, 294x282px
>game wants me to fight some old fart
>he suddenly starts floating with a smug as fuck look at his face
>that fucking side quest when he double-teams you with DeRosso who is worried that his castle may be unable to whistand this showdown
>>
>>383885521
I've just started it as well, made it to the water crystal. I shelved it for a bit because I got rocked hard by the red mage sidequest and I couldn't find any way to cheese the fight without grinding (Reflect spells, lightning resist, etc) and my tried and true strategy of 2x monks and a 2h knight using his special/hidden dragon has failed me, so I'm going to have to retool my party for him.

That said, the Bravo Bikini part was hilarious, and the bit where Edea wears it anyway, despite not fitting her fat ass at all was golden. And Dr. Mobius giving the voice lines for the sage is pretty great too.
>>
>>383905823
grinding is not required unless you abuse the appearance rates. yeah de rosa was stupidly hard, but you need to strategize more and not mindlessly spamming attacks,
>>
>>383906105
I'm having the same issue I had with a lot of SMTs. I know -what- I need, but I have no clue where to find it without either playing through blind once or reading a guide to find what class has what skill (Something I miss from FFT where although unlocking classes wasn't explained, all skills of a class were shown).

It's like in Strange Journey where I would search for a fire or confusion immune/resistant demon or skill because I needed one to trump a boss. I didn't have a clue where to get one, just knew that I needed it. And then I wound up beating Asura solo because I had a ring for the MC but the rest of the demons I owned were defenseless against him.
>>
>>383906473
well on BD is all about trial and error a couple of times and ask yourself:

-what is weak/strong against?

-what are his stats compared to your rooster? (use always examine on bosses)

-therefore, what job composition + strats can counterbalance the abilites of the enemie?

(in case of rosa, don't brave as much as an attack but for stat buffs, have jobs that have high magic resistance, protect healer, at least one monk or other dps job that can do as bait and high damage )
>>
>>383903096
I like the sequel more.
>>
It's very good until chapter 5 OP. Don't feel bad dropping it after that if it gets too tedious for you.
>>
>>383906939
>Stat buffs
That's a good point, Monk has invigorate, even if it lasts for a turn.

It just seems like every time I strike him though, he heals more HP than I deal in damage. For example, my physical attacks do about ~150-200 a hit to him, more if I'm in special and debuff his defense. Magic with dual fire rods do about 350 per Fira. Even with his 20k health, that wouldn't be a problem, except every fifth or sixth hit, he's getting an extra point of brave, prompting him to use his triple combo (Cura, healing him for 2000 HP, lightning, dealing about 500-600 damage to my lineup, and an auto attack that will usually kill a weakened party member unless it hits a knight.)

I tried looking at Time Magic for a reflect spell or something to put on him, but I couldn't find one. If I could at least reflect his cure, I could whittle him down enough to finish him.
>>
File: Bravely-Default-Gameplay.jpg (173KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
Bravely-Default-Gameplay.jpg
173KB, 658x370px
It may be a unpopular opinion, but I really like this low poly chibi-style they used in Bravely Default and is used in a couple of other 3DS games. Especially when they add these birthing hips in the females like they did with Bravely Default.

Too bad it seems devs only go for this graphic style due to console restrictions, I'd trade 1000 pixel art indie games for 100 cute low poly ones.
>>
>>383907330
well if i remember correctly, i used 2 strong attacks (valkyria and monk i think) per turn to avoid as less as little bp rises as possible while also counter balancing his cura, in case he went brave mode, I just braved my healer and default the rest,
>>
>>383907676
Low poly is definitely a venue that ought to be explored more as an artistic medium for games. It's especially fitting for the old style Final Fantasy games with the super deformed chibis sprites vs the humongous and complex sprite art bosses. Basically, what I'm saying is that they should totally do a remake of FF5 and FF6 in a similar fashion.
>>
>>383907676
>lets give some fancy gear for the girls
>lets design whatever trash we can think of for the boys though
>>
Just started, now on the Wind City. I'm enjoying it so far, reminds me of FF5. People often forget that the characters from that game aren't really that interesting. I fear the same will happen here.
>>
File: kitty chocolate.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
kitty chocolate.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>383895017
>> but censored gaming also put on our throats, well the censorship of the game, causing some guys here trying to find as many flaws as possible.

>there are people on this board who STILL don't have cfw
>>
>>383908946
the red mage, ninja, merchant and darknight are the only good outfits for the boys

>and the female version of those outfits are superior for some reason
>>
>>383908946
The alternate outfits for the guys were so shitty that I preferred to keep them with the freelancer ones. On the other hand, I couldn't stop fapping to the girls' alternate outfits. They censored the Bravo Bikini but kept the revealing metal panties in the alternate costume intact, I don't get it.
>>
>>383885015
>every conversation is DUDE FOOD LMAO
>>
>>383909731
only the half of the game i think

also it was used for foreshadowing the complexity of some characters.

(except magnolia for some reason)
>>
File: FF3Freelancers.png (272KB, 427x330px) Image search: [Google]
FF3Freelancers.png
272KB, 427x330px
>>383908417
Sad that they stopped the DS remakes at 4, would've been nice.
>>
>>383910114
Altho octopath traveller is far from bad dessign
>>
File: BS_Tiz_Kitsune.png (109KB, 334x404px) Image search: [Google]
BS_Tiz_Kitsune.png
109KB, 334x404px
>>383908946
Yokai Tiz was pretty good.
>>
>>383884515
>character interactions
>most of them are talks about food
wew
>>
>>383911245
see >>383909878
>>
File: 1410921751604.jpg (54KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1410921751604.jpg
54KB, 480x640px
>>383910114

It's too bad, if they would have gotten DS remakes, the newer ports on mobile/PC wouldn't be so fucking horrible looking.

I played through 3 & 4 on android and they were good.
>>
>>383908417
Any future remakes will be done in FF7 remake style.

So ff5 in action rpg style.
>>
File: 1450223630279.jpg (70KB, 587x545px) Image search: [Google]
1450223630279.jpg
70KB, 587x545px
>>383912108
Pls no. I don't want to see Mr. "A FUCKING TREE" become action RPG styled up.
>>
>>383911332
The tent scenes are all about food some way or other, though. Also I think most of the towns had some food related scene.
While BD had those as well and I don't mind them talking about the local cuisine, there's simply too much of it in BS.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 600x338px
>>383912283
They suggested anything remade be from 5, 6 , 8,9.

Anyway bravely default fairy's effect for mobile.
>>
File: stop.png (34KB, 298x279px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
34KB, 298x279px
>>383912652

The worst part about the ones in BS were that at least a quarter of them were Magnolia going HURR GONNA LEARN 2 MAKE DIS 4 YEW

>>383912919

>yew's hips

Guess I'm gay now.
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 749x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 749x374px
>>383912919
>>
File: 1458770015530.jpg (241KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
1458770015530.jpg
241KB, 800x567px
>>383912919
>>383913342
>all this multiplayer mobile trash instead of a proper sequel
I get they're probably a lot cheaper to make, but come on.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.