[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of Sleeping Dogs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
What did you think of Sleeping Dogs?
>>
Thought it was terrible. Every element had been done better by other games, and none of them were enjoyable enough to warrant spending any time with it.
The driving and world design was really bad in particular. Dropped it soon after guns were introduced, the TPS combat was even more dull than the melee.
>>
Good music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqc-nwhbexY&index=1&list=PLYjVoUlGhfINcAKH4dS_jwc7s34AIf1-s
>>
I think IT TAKES GUTS TO WEAR THAT
>>
>>383883241
shittiest driving engine ever
>>
>>383883241
Good and fun game, but not as good as it looked from pre-release material and trailers. I guess it's always like that, but I was kind of disappointed, even though I still had fun with it. Definitely have to finish it one day.
My biggest gripe was probably that the world didn't really feel fully open, it was centred around the streets and few strings of accessible rooftops, but many areas were simply unreachable. Also many potentially good mechanics felt unfinished or not really thought over and didn't really serve much purpose.
>>
>>383883241
Decent but not as kino as Yakuza
>>
File: thumbnail_2_ed449c4d_v2.jpg (45KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_2_ed449c4d_v2.jpg
45KB, 640x360px
Main story was kinda boring, although I thought pic related was pretty fun, in a tongue in cheek kind of way. Fuck that last fight with the spikes though.
>>
>>383883241
my favorite part was the driving, couldve been its own game honestly
>>
Made me a whole man.
>>
Are there any famous songs in this game?

Also, how are the graphics on PC?

Is it like GTA, or more focused on fighting?
>>
Map and environment gave off a great atmosphere.
>>
>>383885045
This. Driving around Hong Kong at night and blasting music on the radio was the best. Such good atmosphere.
>>
>>383883241

Liked it way more than GTAV, the story was lacking, the driving felt inane but the crash mechanic was fun as you were able to take any fucker off the road with ease, the gunplay was annoying, the strongest asset of the game was its music and fighting mechanics

If only the map was a bit bigger and fleshed out, and more care was put in the unfinished details (a lot was left out of the finished product) the game could have been a really big hit
>>
>>383885151
It's GTA + Yakuza with shittier driving and a smaller map
>>
>>383885273
The driving and hijacking is way better than GTA and the melee combat puts GTA 5 to fucking shame

Yakuza 0 >>> Sleeping Dogs >>> GTA V
>>
>>383885346
Oh yeah, totally forgot you could hijack cars like in action movies, my main gripe is how the story is awfully short and driving is limited due map size
>>
>>383883241
Story sucked, characters sucked, combat was okay but shallow and had little in the way of variety or challenge, shooting was bad, radio was good, open world was annoyingly designed in that you either circled the island or slowly drove up the mountain in the middle then wherever you were headed.

The best parts of the game were Wei dealing with the martial arts instructor. It was the only time he had any character or development AND the only time we saw characters with motivation interacting like real people.

3/5 Not terrible game that is highly overrated on /v/ because those rainy streets at night man, and it's "all we got of this style so it's literally perfect man Jackie was such a bro!"
>>
>>383883241
always respect the pok gai
>>
>>383883241
>repurchased defiintive version on steam for summer sale
>booted it up a few hours ago
>can't run past normal
what the fuck I can get 60fps on RS Siege on normal-high settings, what is this shit. As far as recommended settings I am very slightly above it.
>>
>>383885670
>repurchased defiintive version on steam for summer sale
Big mistake, they fucked the engine and applied awful filters
>>
File: 1475480651206.jpg (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475480651206.jpg
27KB, 200x200px
>>383885045
>>383885190
Same. I can't believe people shit on the driving. This was one of the few games I could go back to after I finished everything and just cruise around listening to the music and getting in police chases without anything to do. Man this game sucked me in so much, such a shame there isn't any modding ability.
>>
>>383885754
I know but I already have it on 360 and I can at least play all the DLC now, it was only $6 and I got it free on 360 the first time. I'm aware that they cucked pretty much the most atmospheric thing about the environment in the neon lighting but it's even worse that I can't at least enjoy it at max settings or even high.
>>
It was pretty good, although I remember being disappointed by the story in the end. I still boot it up occasionally just to drive around for a half hour or so. Such a shame there will never be a sequel to iron out the kinks.
>>
>>383883241
I bought this because of Dunkey's vid on it. And dropped it after like 5 hours. It gets old very quickly.
>>
>>383883241
pretty good knock-off yakuza game
>>
Enjoyable. I liked the true crime series and it was nice to see the series have some sort of presence in the modern age. I think a lot of features it had as true crime were thrown out/weren't ready and so the game ended up very plain as >>383883374 mentioned, though. Lots of room for improvement but for the $3 or $4 it often goes for nowadays, an absolutely worthwhile purchase.
>>
Fuck the guns
The atmosphere was great tho
>>
>>383883241
Something about turning up to a gang and punching their shit, chasing the leader by foot then by car, leaving a trail of destruction, then shooting him down when you get to his base. It mixed things up enough to keep it entertaining despite the individual pieces lacking Polish.
>>
>>383883241
It was better than GTA but that's probably because I like non-shit stories and 'Asian' locales.
>>
Liked it far more than even GTA V. Guns sucked but hand to hand was great, the world is far better and the characters are likable unlike anything in GTA.

If only they had cut down on some minigame stuff, it could have been GOAT.
>>
>>383886116
>Such a shame there will never be a sequel to iron out the chinks.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>383884889
You're right but WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PORK BUN IN YOUR HAND
>>
Game was really fun. If there was ever a Streets of Rage game made in 3D, Sleeping Dogs would be it.
>>
>>383886575
A sequel where you play as an MI6 agent and infiltrate the triads in order to bring Hong Kong under British rule again.
>>
MY BIRDS ARE BES
>>
File: Bring back British Empire.jpg (162KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Bring back British Empire.jpg
162KB, 1280x960px
>>383887094
Would play
>>
File: 1446303608209.jpg (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446303608209.jpg
61KB, 400x400px
I have fond memories of the game. It excelled at atmosphere and it looked astoundingly good. It played fine.

>Rainy night
>Riding a motorcycle
>Neon lights everywhere
>Wet pavement
IT'S TIME TO LEAVE THIS AWFUL PLAAAAAAAACE!
>>
>>383885815

I didn't like the driving controls.

Obviously a keyboard sucks for driving, but I tried using an Xbox 360 controller on PC and the deadzone on the control stick was so huge that precision steering was impossible and I might as well have been using a keyboard anyway.

>tilt stick 80%
>no turn

>tilt stick 82%
>FULL TURNING POWER ACTIVATED
>>
Loved it. The only game that I played every mini-game and I NEVER do that.
>>
>>383884946
>holding the handbrake while turning left and right makes you go faster
who designed this shit
>>
>>383883241
WHEN POLICE ROLL UP INNA DEM ARMORED VEHICLE
WITH SOME BIG LONG GUN AND TERRORIZE DA PEOPLE
READY FI PULL OFF DEM DIRTY ACTS OF EVIL
ITS A BLOODSPORT GAME-AH
>>
Better than GTA
>>
Boring buttonmashing combat
Fake open world
Awesome story
>>
>>383891212
>Fake open world
What does this mean?
>>
>>383892529
No big empty fields
>>
I liked finally being able to play as a cool Asian dude, I'm sick of white men.
>>
>>383892529
muh zelda obviously
>>
>>383886398
Why did you put quotes around Asian? Hong Kong is pretty fucking Asian by any standards
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.